|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 87-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the housekeeper's son?
2. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
(b) On a boat.
(c) With another woman.
(d) In jail.
3. What does the narrator think of doing with her cats after her death?
(a) Give them to a hospital.
(b) Give them to the homeless man.
(c) Give them to her sister.
(d) Have them put down.
4. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
(b) Police officer.
(c) Dock worker.
(d) College professor.
5. What is Mr. Thabane's current profession?
(a) He sells shoes.
(b) He is a steel worker.
(c) He is a dock worker.
(d) He is a teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator bring the person that lives near her house the morning after his return?
2. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
3. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
4. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
5. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)