|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 87-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who serves as a guide for the people in the narrator's car?
(a) An old man.
(b) A 20 year old boy.
(c) A 10 year old girl.
(d) A 10 year old boy.
2. What was Mr. Thabane's profession?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He was a shoe seller.
(c) He was a political leader.
(d) He was a dock worker.
3. Why isn't Bheki in school?
(a) Because he thinks he can have a college scholarship because of basketball.
(b) Because he is a genius that don't need to study.
(c) Because he wants to join the army.
(d) Because he thinks the school was created to make him fit in the apartheid system.
4. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
(a) To return what he purchased.
(b) To keep the unspent money.
(c) To return the unspent money to her.
(d) To give the unspent money to a charity.
5. Why does Vercueil say the narrator should tell her daughter about her cancer?
(a) Because she could have a visa for the U.S.A.
(b) Because her daughter is married to an oncologist.
(c) Because she needs all the support she can get.
(d) Because if her daughter finds out later she would never forgive the narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
2. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
3. Where does Bheki sleep?
4. What does the young man the narrator and her group meet want?
5. What does the narrator see the police do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)