|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 87-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator spend the day doing according to page 15?
(a) Spends the day writing.
(b) Spends the day gardening.
(c) Spends the day in bed reading.
(d) Spends the day cleaning the house.
2. What is Mr. Thabane's current profession?
(a) He is a steel worker.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is a dock worker.
(d) He sells shoes.
3. Who tries to intervene when Mr. Vercueil is being beaten?
(a) The narrator.
(b) Concerned neighbors.
(d) The police.
4. What does the young man the narrator and her group meet want?
(b) To use the narrator's gun.
(c) Help finding his mother.
(d) To use the narrator's car.
5. What does the narrator say to the person she finds?
(a) That she will house him for work.
(b) That she will call the police.
(c) That he cannot stay.
(d) That she will find him work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
2. What happens late at night in Part Three?
3. What does the narrator ask Florence about?
4. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil at the start of Part Two?
5. How long was the housekeeper absent?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)