|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 87-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the person that lives near her house?
(a) Not to urinate in the yard.
(b) To come inside to sleep.
(c) Not to light any fires.
(d) To leave the following morning.
2. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her purse.
(c) He credit card.
(d) Her wallet.
3. What is Mr. Thabane's current profession?
(a) He sells shoes.
(b) He is a dock worker.
(c) He is a steel worker.
(d) He is a teacher.
4. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
(a) She wishes to have done it herself.
(b) She is proud of it.
(c) She can understand it.
(d) She condemns it.
5. What are some men forcing bystanders to do?
(a) Give their money.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Watch the fire burn the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the narrator impressed about?
2. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
3. What does the person helping the narrator say she could do with the extra room in her house?
4. What does one of Bheki's friends bring to the narrator's home?
5. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)