|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 87-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the housekeeper feel about the beating of Mr. Vercueil?
(a) She condemns it.
(b) She wishes to have done it herself.
(c) She can understand it.
(d) She is proud of it.
2. What does the narrator offer to do for Florence?
(a) Drive her to the hospital.
(b) Bring her back home.
(c) Pay for legal expenses.
(d) Buy her a car.
3. What do new contacts allow the narrator to experience?
(a) The reality of South African inequalities.
(b) The reality of the Vichy regime.
(c) The reality of life in an Empire.
(d) The reality of the Berlin wall.
4. What are the police doing as the narrator looks outside her window?
(a) Drawing their guns.
(b) Parking their car.
(c) Arresting a black woman.
(d) Following Bheki on his bike.
5. Where does the narrator live?
(a) South Africa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
2. Who is the narrator addressing in this book?
3. What is the name of the narrator's housekeeper?
4. What are some men forcing bystanders to do?
5. Where is the narrator's husband in Part One?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)