|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 87-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the person that calls her?
(a) That the dog is hers.
(b) That the vagrant is in fact her employee.
(c) That the homeless man owns the dog.
(d) That the pool house heats the pool.
2. What is the name of Florence's cousin?
(a) Mr. Thabane.
(b) Mr. Amassa.
(c) Mr. Tima.
(d) Mr. Bwena.
3. What happens late at night in Part Three?
(a) Florence receives a phone call.
(b) Florence is wounded in a shootout.
(c) Florence is arrested.
(d) Florence leaves for Zimbabwe.
4. What does the narrator feel about the person she is addressing in this book?
(a) She misses her.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She makes her sick.
(d) She dislikes her habits.
5. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) The vandalism.
(b) The graffiti left on her sofa.
(c) The burglars where white.
(d) Stealing her piano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator hear while on the ground?
2. How does the narrator sign the letter she writes to her housekeeper?
3. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
4. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
5. What does the narrator say about charity not being appreciated?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)