|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 87-115.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe Mr Vercueil's usual temperament?
(a) On edge.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil do with the little girls?
(a) Tells them to go away.
(b) Yells at them.
(c) Plays with them.
(d) Wets them with a hose.
3. What type of document introduces the "Age of Iron"?
(a) A long letter.
(b) A poem.
(c) A book.
(d) A short journal.
4. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) The graffiti left on her sofa.
(b) The burglars where white.
(c) Stealing her piano.
(d) The vandalism.
5. What does the narrator see the police do?
(a) Arrest Bheki.
(b) Hit Bheki's bike with their door.
(c) Shoot a black man.
(d) Run over a possum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does the narrator give to the police officer to justify her presence there?
2. Why does Florence's cousin give the narrator a jacket to put over her head?
3. Where does the housekeeper live?
4. What does access to money allow Mr. Vercueil to do?
5. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)