|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vercueil propose to the narrator?
(a) To go shopping.
(b) To go for a drive.
(c) To go to the township.
(d) To go to the U.S.A.
2. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
(a) College professor.
(b) Dock worker.
(c) Police officer.
3. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
(a) He slaps her.
(b) He calls her names.
(c) He nods his head.
(d) He laughs.
4. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
(a) Go home.
(b) Continue to drive.
(c) Go drink.
(d) Go dance.
5. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
(a) Head wound.
(b) Cuts on his legs.
(c) Bruises on his arms and legs.
(d) Broken arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
2. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
3. What does the narrator compare aging to?
4. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil at the start of Part Two?
5. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)