|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
(d) Fire juice.
2. What does the narrator compare aging to?
(a) A roller coaster ride.
(b) Riding a bicycle downhill.
(c) A long drive with young children.
(d) A drive with two dogs.
3. What does Florence learn thanks to a phone call a few hours after the crash?
(a) That her husband was fired.
(b) Bheki's friend cannot be found in any hospital.
(c) That the Soweto township was in full revolt.
(d) That her application at the university was turned down.
4. What happens to the narrator's car in Page 16?
(a) It gets a flat tire.
(b) The engine backfires.
(c) It refuses to start.
(d) The engine starts on fire.
5. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
(a) Go dance.
(b) Go for a swim.
(c) Go drink.
(d) Go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Florence do after the crash?
2. Why isn't Bheki in school?
3. Who does the narrator find in her kitchen when she comes down to quiet Vercueil's dog?
4. What composer is the narrator particularly fond of?
5. What does Mr. Vercueil do the morning of Part Three "p.115-147"?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)