|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
(a) He nods his head.
(b) He slaps her.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He calls her names.
2. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
(a) That she likes being drunk.
(b) The trust she put in Vercueil.
(c) Changing her will.
(d) Her cancer.
3. What does Florence do after the crash?
(a) Call the parents of Bheki's friend.
(b) Call the local chapter of the black panthers.
(c) Call the hospital where Bheki's friend was sent to.
(d) Call the police.
4. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(a) South Central.
(c) The Cape.
5. What does Vercueil say caused the shouting man's condition?
(a) Alcohol withdrawal.
(b) End stage cancer.
(c) Alzheimer's disease.
(d) Drug withdrawal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
2. What does the narrator offer to do for Florence?
3. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
4. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
5. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)