|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) A mechanic.
(c) The neighbor.
(d) The homeless man.
2. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
(a) On the guest bed.
(b) On the kitchen floor.
(c) On the couch.
(d) On the front porch.
3. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
(a) A pillow and a comic book.
(b) A camera and some film.
(c) Liquor and a mattress.
(d) The newspaper and a laptop.
4. What does the narrator think about while being driven home?
(a) That she likes being drunk.
(b) The trust she put in Vercueil.
(c) Changing her will.
(d) Her cancer.
5. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil at the start of Part Two?
(a) Drunk on the couch.
(b) In the rain.
(c) In his car.
(d) Passed out on the kitchen floor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
2. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
3. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
4. What does Florence learn thanks to a phone call a few hours after the crash?
5. What did the narrator's daughter tell her as she was leaving South Africa.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)