|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
(a) He nods his head.
(b) He calls her names.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He slaps her.
2. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
(a) College professor.
(c) Police officer.
(d) Dock worker.
3. What job does the narrator offer the man she went to town with?
(a) Repairing the second floor lights.
(b) Cleaning the gutters.
(c) Cleaning the back yard.
(d) Fixing a drainage problem.
4. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
(a) The graffiti left on her sofa.
(b) The vandalism.
(c) The burglars where white.
(d) Stealing her piano.
5. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
(a) A couple of weeks.
(b) A couple of days.
(c) A couple of hours.
(d) A couple of month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
2. What does the narrator offer to do for Florence?
3. What do Bheki and his friend crash into?
4. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
5. What does the narrator want to do before being discouraged from doing so by Florence?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)