|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man buy with the money he takes from the narrator?
(a) A camera and some film.
(b) A pillow and a comic book.
(c) Liquor and a mattress.
(d) The newspaper and a laptop.
2. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) Apartheid Avenue.
(b) Parliament Avenue.
(c) Government Avenue.
(d) South Africa Avenue.
3. Where does Bheki sleep?
(a) The guest bedroom.
(b) The pool house.
(c) The narrator's car.
(d) The backyard shed.
4. Why does Vercueil say the narrator should tell her daughter about her cancer?
(a) Because if her daughter finds out later she would never forgive the narrator.
(b) Because she could have a visa for the U.S.A.
(c) Because she needs all the support she can get.
(d) Because her daughter is married to an oncologist.
5. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because it is a bad precedent.
(b) Because she does not have cash.
(c) Because he does not deserve it.
(d) Because it fosters laziness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
2. What is the boy's name?
3. What do Bheki and his friend crash into?
4. Who follows Mr. Vercueil into the narrator's house?
5. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)