|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
(a) Go drink.
(b) Go dance.
(c) Go home.
(d) Continue to drive.
2. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(c) South Central.
(d) The Cape.
3. Where is Bheki's friend kept?
(a) In the psychiatric wing of the hospital.
(b) In a room full of older men.
(c) In the waiting room of the hospital.
(d) In a cell at the local prison.
4. What does the narrator feel towards the boy?
5. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
(a) To return the unspent money to her.
(b) To return what he purchased.
(c) To keep the unspent money.
(d) To give the unspent money to a charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
2. Who follows Mr. Vercueil into the narrator's house?
3. What does the narrator want to do before being discouraged from doing so by Florence?
4. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
5. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)