|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bheki and his friend crash into?
(a) A wall.
(b) A bay window.
(c) A plumber's car.
(d) A police car.
2. What road does the narrator want to drive her car down?
(a) South Africa Avenue.
(b) Apartheid Avenue.
(c) Parliament Avenue.
(d) Government Avenue.
3. What does Florence learn thanks to a phone call a few hours after the crash?
(a) Bheki's friend cannot be found in any hospital.
(b) That the Soweto township was in full revolt.
(c) That her application at the university was turned down.
(d) That her husband was fired.
4. What do the narrator and her housekeeper do after talking with Mr. Vercueil in the kitchen?
(a) Push the woman in the pool.
(b) Pack his suitcase and throw it out the window.
(c) Take the woman and push her out the house.
(d) Take the woman and bring her to the police.
5. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of her cancer medication.
(b) Because of the beauty of the coast.
(c) Because of her pain.
(d) Because of allergies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
2. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
3. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
4. What does the narrator try to do while tipsy?
5. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)