|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
(a) Bruises on his arms and legs.
(b) Head wound.
(c) Broken arm.
(d) Cuts on his legs.
2. What did the narrator's daughter tell her as she was leaving South Africa.
(a) That she never want to see her again.
(b) That she would send her money to bring her to the U.S.
(c) That she would never return.
(d) That she would return every year.
3. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
(a) A homeless man is exposing himself.
(b) A dog is loose on her property.
(c) The pool house is on fire.
(d) A vagrant on her property.
4. What are the police doing as the narrator looks outside her window?
(a) Arresting a black woman.
(b) Drawing their guns.
(c) Parking their car.
(d) Following Bheki on his bike.
5. What instrument does the narrator play?
(a) The trombone.
(c) The violin.
(d) The guitar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vercueil bring the narrator?
2. What is the narrator doing when the boy startles her?
3. What does Vercueil propose to the narrator?
4. Why does Vercueil say the narrator should tell her daughter about her cancer?
5. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)