|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents the narrator from going out in the days following her car drive?
(a) The police is staking out the house.
(b) A cold.
(c) The weather.
(d) Her car is broken.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil seem to be sleeping off?
(a) The effects of liquor or drugs.
(b) The effects of his medication.
(c) A bad meal.
(d) The flu.
3. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To be her driver.
(b) To marry her.
(c) To cook for her.
(d) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
4. Where is the man that the narrator brings on her trip to town from?
(b) The Cape.
(c) South Central.
5. Where does the narrator find Mr. Vercueil when she wakes?
(a) On the kitchen floor.
(b) On the front porch.
(c) On the couch.
(d) On the guest bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
2. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
3. What does Mr. Vercueil say he bought?
4. What does the narrator think about after Vercueil left her alone?
5. What does the narrator want to do before being discouraged from doing so by Florence?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)