|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bheki and his friend crash into?
(a) A bay window.
(b) A police car.
(c) A wall.
(d) A plumber's car.
2. What does Mr. Vercueil seem to be sleeping off?
(a) The flu.
(b) A bad meal.
(c) The effects of liquor or drugs.
(d) The effects of his medication.
3. Who calls the narrator as she plays music?
(a) A police officer.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A bystander.
(d) An old friend.
4. What are the police doing as the narrator looks outside her window?
(a) Parking their car.
(b) Arresting a black woman.
(c) Following Bheki on his bike.
(d) Drawing their guns.
5. Where is Bheki's friend kept?
(a) In the waiting room of the hospital.
(b) In a room full of older men.
(c) In a cell at the local prison.
(d) In the psychiatric wing of the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What injury does Bheki's friend have following the crash?
2. Who are the only two people the narrator say she would speak to on the phone?
3. What does the narrator give the man following his reaction to her comment regarding giving money for nothing?
4. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
5. What does Mr. Vercueil suggest doing after the narrator looks at her watch?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)