|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator wonder about her daughter?
(a) If she should have prevented her daughter from leaving.
(b) If she should have followed her to the United States.
(c) If she should have remarried.
(d) If she should have turned Bheki over to the police.
2. Who does the narrator ask for help with her car problems?
(a) Her daughter.
(b) The neighbor.
(c) A mechanic.
(d) The homeless man.
3. What is the boy's name?
4. How long does the man work before being paid by the narrator?
(a) A couple of days.
(b) A couple of month.
(c) A couple of weeks.
(d) A couple of hours.
5. What was the narrator's profession before retiring?
(b) Dock worker.
(c) College professor.
(d) Police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
2. What is the call the narrator receives while playing music about?
3. What did the narrator find most troubling after her house was burglarized?
4. What does Florence say the police do to black boys who are not in school?
5. What does the narrator tell Mr. Vercueil as he enters the kitchen?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)