|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three, p. 115-147.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator want to do after looking at her watch?
(a) Go drink.
(b) Go dance.
(c) Go home.
(d) Go for a swim.
2. What does the narrator ask her male employee to do over tea and biscuits?
(a) To marry her.
(b) To be her driver.
(c) To cook for her.
(d) To mail papers to her daughter after she dies.
3. When was the narrator's house burglarized?
(a) Five years before the events of the book.
(b) Three years before the events of the book.
(c) Twelve years before the events of the book.
(d) Four years before the events of the book.
4. Why does the narrator refuse to give the man money for nothing?
(a) Because she does not have cash.
(b) Because it is a bad precedent.
(c) Because it fosters laziness.
(d) Because he does not deserve it.
5. Why does the narrator cry when arriving in town?
(a) Because of the beauty of the coast.
(b) Because of allergies.
(c) Because of her pain.
(d) Because of her cancer medication.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument does the narrator play?
2. How does Mr. Vercueil appear to be in Part Three "p.115-147"?
3. What is the man's reaction to the narrator's comment about giving money for nothing?
4. What did the narrator's daughter tell her as she was leaving South Africa.
5. What does the narrator ask the man to do after seeing what he purchased?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)