|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clarke help prepare, but not frighten the public about homeland terrorism?
(a) His ability to use laymen's words and not medical jargon.
(b) By assuring the government has a handle on defenses.
(c) Through a series of briefings and speeches such as that on 60 minutes.
(d) By downplaying its possibility in the near future.
2. What prompts Health and Human Services to attend a CSG meeting for the first time?
(a) The Pentagon wants to start a biological weapons program.
(b) Clinton wants to initiate a national medical emergency plan.
(c) A chemical agent is released in Tokyo.
(d) Anthrax is found in a Cogressman's mail.
3. What is Iraq's reported plan to deter the U.S. from invading?
(a) They will take hostages from the U.S. Embassy.
(b) They will bring suicide bombers into the U.S.
(c) They will use chemical weapons on U.S. ships.
(d) They will simulate a nuclear weapons attack.
4. How does Freeh want to handle Sayegh's case?
(a) Detain him illegally to interrogate him.
(b) Banish him to Saudi Arabia so they can handle his case.
(c) Execute him as an example for other terrorists.
(d) Get him to cooperate for a light sentence.
5. What is the U.S.'s attack plan to trick Iraq?
(a) Attack early on before full forces are in the region.
(b) Attack from the rear instead of the front.
(c) Delay their attack until Iraq's guard is down.
(d) Man bases all around Kuwait to cause confusion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first foreign rescue team to arrive in Africa when a terrorist attack hits U.S. soil?
2. What unexpected event happens after the Persian Gulf War?
3. Why do some believe it is not a good idea to bomb Afghanistan?
4. Which country supports an assassination attempt on President Mubarak from Egypt?
5. Of the three initiatives Clarke presents, which is the most troubling to cabinet members?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)