|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clarke, what is one factor that stops counter-terrorism policies from passing in Congress?
(a) Republican-Democratic party animosity.
(b) The lack of shared intelligence to the Congress.
(c) The push for budget cuts.
(d) WTC bombing of 1993 was not a large enough wake-up call.
2. El Sayyid Nosair's legal bills are paid by whom?
(c) Iran Revolutionary Guards.
(d) Usama bin Laden.
3. What is Clinton's reaction to the terrorist attempt on George H.W. Bush?
(a) He prefers sanctions, but is convinced by his men to take military actions.
(b) He wants a diplomatic meeting with Hussein, but upon refusal uses military action.
(c) He wants to retaliate in action, not sanctions.
(d) He is angered by the fact that George H.W. Bush allowed Hussein to live after the Persian Gulf War.
4. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
(a) Launch missiles on Israel.
(b) Take American and U.K. reporters as hostages.
(c) Bomb Saudi Arabian oil fields.
(d) Capture high officials of Kuwait as hostages.
5. What development adds to the political turmoil in the Middle East?
(a) Hussein attacks Iran.
(b) Russia invades Iran.
(c) Iran attacks Israel.
(d) Hussein attacks Kuwait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does the U.S.S. Vincennes make?
2. How does Clarke quell issues with Israel in regards to selling arms to South Africa?
3. Who does Iran get on their side to overthrow the Khalifas?
4. How does Clarke learn about the World Trade Center bombing in 1993?
5. Where does Clinton get assurance that the U.S. bomb hit its target in Iraq?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)