|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
(a) It is against the Wahhabist branch of Islam.
(b) Usama bin Laden believes Saudi Arabia can fight the war alone.
(c) Usama bin Laden feels the Americans failed the Afghans.
(d) Usama bin Laden feels disgust for any superpower.
2. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
(a) Iraq is willing to do whatever it takes to get Kuwait's oil fields.
(b) Iraq is working in cahoots with Kuwait.
(c) Iraq is just intimidating Kuwait.
(d) Iraq is desparate to take Kuwait.
3. What does Iraq do that convinces Charlie Allen that Iraq is serious about Kuwait?
(a) The U.S.has intelligence that Iraq is about to attack on two fronts.
(b) They send large numbers of forces to the border of Kuwait.
(c) They operate under emcon.
(d) The U.N. finds a nuclear program in Iraq.
4. During the Iran-Iraq war, what stance does the U.S. take?
(a) Instills sanctions on both countries.
(b) Aids Iran.
(c) Attempts peace talks between the two countries.
(d) Aids Iraq.
5. After homeland issues are assured in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, what is the Situation Room's next topic?
(a) How to get Pakistan's support.
(b) What to do about al Qaeda.
(c) How to invade Iraq.
(d) How they can link Saddam to this.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it important to have Arab nations as allies when the U.S. goes to war against Iraq?
2. When does Clarke finally allow himself to grieve over the deaths of 9/11?
3. What strategic move does Iraq implement once U.S. begins their airstrike?
4. What does the U.S. buy from Israel?
5. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)