Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What punishment does President George H.W. Bush seek on Libya for the Pan Am attack?
(a) Greater military presence in northern Africa.
(b) U.N. sanctions on Libya.
(c) Military action on Libyan government buildings.
(d) He pulls relief aid.
2. What does the U.S. assume as they allow the Iraqi troops to withdraw intact?
(a) They will probably convict Hussein for war crimes.
(b) The Shi'a will take over the government.
(c) An alliance of Shi'a, Sunnis, and Kurds will form.
(d) They will oust Hussein on their own.
3. What is the U.N. Special Commission's (UNSCOM) job?
(a) To oversee the rebuilding of Kuwait.
(b) To oversee Hussein's punishment.
(c) To keep an alliance of the Arab nations intact.
(d) Require Iraq to destroy chemical, biological, nuclear, missile programs.
4. What is the CIA's view on Iraq's intentions concerning Kuwait before the Persian Gulf War begins?
(a) Iraq is just intimidating Kuwait.
(b) Iraq is willing to do whatever it takes to get Kuwait's oil fields.
(c) Iraq is desparate to take Kuwait.
(d) Iraq is working in cahoots with Kuwait.
5. Why does Reagan create presence in the Persian Gulf, Afghanistan, and Israel?
(a) To protect Iraq.
(b) To protect oil owned by the U.S.
(c) To put Russia off balance.
(d) To strengthen allies with Iran, Afghanistan and Israel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What confounds the Counter-terrorism Security Group about the World Trade Center bombing?
2. Which country helps the U.S. strengthen its military presence in the Middle East?
3. Why does Secretary of State Christopher push to bomb an Iraqi facility on a Saturday night?
4. What angers Usama bin Laden about Americans in Saudi Arabia?
5. What risky task does Gallucci have at the Agricultural Ministry?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)