|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hillary explain away what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
2. What was Sara-Kate doing when Hillary's father saw her?
3. Who tells Sara-Kate what to do in her home?
4. What is the first test Sara-Kate gives Hillary when they are reunited?
5. What kind of bill did Hillary help Sara-Kate pay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
2. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
3. What causes Hillary to leave Sara-Kate's house in such a hurry?
4. What does Hillary find in the upstairs room in Sara-Kate's house?
5. What does Hillary find in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
6. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for after they work in the elf village after the storm?
7. What causes Hillary to sneak out of her house at night?
8. Why do most people think Sara-Kate is absent from school?
9. What does Hillary see in Sara-Kate's living room?
10. What does Hillary think of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some clues given of the real situation Sara-Kate was living in, and how did Hillary perceive these things?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)