|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What litters the ground in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
2. Whom does Hillary play with after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
3. What does Hillary take with her when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
4. How does Sara-Kate feel while eating the stolen food?
5. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate is after eating the stolen food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What renews Hillary's belief in magic when she is reunited with Sara-Kate?
2. What causes Hillary to leave Sara-Kate's house in such a hurry?
3. What does Hillary say was missing in her life when Sara-Kate was absent?
4. What stops Sara-Kate from working in the village after she and Hillary are reunited?
5. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
6. What is Hillary disappointed about when she is working in the village after being reunited with Sara-Kate?
7. Where does Hillary think Sara-Kate is after seeing the second room in the house?
8. What does Hillary think of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
9. How does Sara-Kate describe her role in her household?
10. What shocks Hillary when hearing about Sara-Kate's role in her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
What rules does Hillary break in this book, and how does she defend herself in these actions? Do you agree with her validation? Why or why not?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)