|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most people feel when Sara-Kate is absent?
2. What does Hillary get ready for as she climbs the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
3. Who comes looking for Hillary when she is in Sara-Kate's house?
4. What does Hillary do that worries Jane?
5. Who sends Sara-Kate money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hillary see in Sara-Kate's living room?
2. Where does Hillary think Sara-Kate is after seeing the second room in the house?
3. Why does Sara-Kate say she could never live like Hillary?
4. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
5. How does Sara-Kate entertain Hillary while they are eating the stolen food?
6. What allows Hillary to help out in the village all day the day after seeing Sara-Kate at night?
7. What does Hillary do when she sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
8. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for after they work in the elf village after the storm?
9. How does Hillary explain to herself what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
10. Why does Sara-Kate refuse to ask adults for help with her extreme situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hillary's relationship with Sara-Kate change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)