|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in a circle in the living room of Sara-Kate's house?
2. How does Sara-Kate say she sometimes fills in the gaps when she is low on money?
3. Who pretends to be Pierre?
4. Where does Hillary think Sara-Kate went when she enters the house?
5. Where did the girls learn about Pierre?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Sara-Kate say elves go indoors?
2. What does Hillary find in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
3. Why do most people think Sara-Kate is absent from school?
4. How does Hillary explain to herself what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
5. Why is Hillary so troubled by what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
6. How does Sara-Kate entertain Hillary while they are eating the stolen food?
7. Where does Hillary get the money to go shopping with for Sara-Kate and her mother?
8. How has Sara-Kate been supporting herself and her mother by herself?
9. Where does Hillary think Sara-Kate is after seeing the second room in the house?
10. What does Sara-Kate ask for when Hillary sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How was Hillary able to let go of her old friends and cling to Sara-Kate? What does this reveal about her character?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)