|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 6 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hillary hoping to see more of while working with Sara-Kate in the backyard again?
2. How does Hillary feel after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
3. How does Sara-Kate react to seeing Hillary in her house?
4. What scares Hillary when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
5. Whom does Hillary blame for the strange scene she sees upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book?
2. What does Mrs. Lenox's presence in the house symbolize?
3. What does Hillary's mother try to convince Hillary of when Sara-Kate leaves?
4. Why was Hillary so angry with Sara-Kate at the end of the book?
5. What rumors are spread about Sara-Kate in the newspaper?
6. What happens to Sara-Kate's house when she is sent away?
Essay Topic 1
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)