|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary think Sara-Kate is when they are reunited?
2. How does Hillary feel after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
3. What is Hillary's total at the register?
4. How does Sara-Kate react to seeing Hillary in her house?
5. What is Mr. Lenox looking for when school is canceled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
2. Why is Hillary so troubled by what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
3. How does Sara-Kate entertain Hillary while they are eating the stolen food?
4. What does Hillary do after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
5. What does Hillary find in the upstairs room in Sara-Kate's house?
6. What is Sara-Kate about to do when Hillary's mother comes looking for her?
7. Why does Hillary have to be careful with her flashlight when sneaking out of her house at night?
8. What does Hillary do when she sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
9. What does Hillary think of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
10. What stops Sara-Kate from working in the village after she and Hillary are reunited?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the elf village come to be, and what did it symbolize to Sara-Kate and Hillary?
Essay Topic 2
What were some clues given of the real situation Sara-Kate was living in, and how did Hillary perceive these things?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)