|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing Sara-Kate makes with the stolen food?
2. Where does Hillary see magic when she is reunited with Sara-Kate?
3. Who tells Sara-Kate what to do in her home?
4. Who makes it clear to Hillary that Sara-Kate is still around?
5. What does Hillary think Sara-Kate is meant to protect?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Hillary so troubled by what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
2. Where does Hillary think Sara-Kate is after seeing the second room in the house?
3. What stops Sara-Kate from working in the village after she and Hillary are reunited?
4. Why does Sara-Kate refuse to ask adults for help with her extreme situation?
5. When does Sara-Kate say elves go indoors?
6. How does Sara-Kate entertain Hillary while they are eating the stolen food?
7. Why do most people think Sara-Kate is absent from school?
8. What worries Jane about Hillary after her trip to Sara-Kate's house?
9. What does Hillary find in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
10. How does Sara-Kate describe her role in her household?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How did the elf village come to be, and what did it symbolize to Sara-Kate and Hillary?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)