|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Hillary never have done before meeting Sara-Kate?
2. Whom does Hillary blame for the strange scene she sees upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
3. Where has Hillary never been without an adult before?
4. What bombards Hillary after she goes into Sara-Kate's house?
5. Who makes it clear to Hillary that Sara-Kate is still around?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Hillary get the money to go shopping with for Sara-Kate and her mother?
2. Why does Hillary steal something at the store?
3. What does Sara-Kate ask for when Hillary sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
4. How does Sara-Kate describe her role in her household?
5. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
6. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for after they work in the elf village after the storm?
7. What causes Hillary to sneak out of her house at night?
8. Why does Hillary have to be careful with her flashlight when sneaking out of her house at night?
9. What does Hillary say was missing in her life when Sara-Kate was absent?
10. What worries Jane about Hillary after her trip to Sara-Kate's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How did the elf village come to be, and what did it symbolize to Sara-Kate and Hillary?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)