|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hillary tell about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
2. From whom does Hillary steal money?
3. What does Hillary do after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
4. What is Pierre's nickname?
5. Where has Hillary never been without an adult before?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sara-Kate react when she sees Hillary in her house?
2. What is Hillary disappointed about when she is working in the village after being reunited with Sara-Kate?
3. When does Sara-Kate say elves go indoors?
4. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
5. How has Sara-Kate been supporting herself and her mother by herself?
6. What worries Jane about Hillary after her trip to Sara-Kate's house?
7. What does Hillary think of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
8. Where does Hillary get the money to go shopping with for Sara-Kate and her mother?
9. What causes Hillary to leave Sara-Kate's house in such a hurry?
10. How does Sara-Kate describe her role in her household?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book, and what led to this situation?
Essay Topic 3
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lisle have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)