|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary do after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
2. How much money does Hillary steal?
3. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate has taught her to do?
4. What kind of bill did Hillary help Sara-Kate pay?
5. What is the weather like when Hillary learns her father saw Sara-Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hillary find in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
2. What does Hillary think of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
3. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
4. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for after they work in the elf village after the storm?
5. What is Sara-Kate about to do when Hillary's mother comes looking for her?
6. Why does Hillary steal something at the store?
7. What allows Hillary to help out in the village all day the day after seeing Sara-Kate at night?
8. When does Sara-Kate say elves go indoors?
9. What shocks Hillary when hearing about Sara-Kate's role in her house?
10. How does Sara-Kate react when she sees Hillary in her house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Mrs. Lenox was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What were some clues given of the real situation Sara-Kate was living in, and how did Hillary perceive these things?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)