|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 6 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sends Sara-Kate money?
2. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
3. How does Hillary explain away what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
4. What is wrong with Pierre?
5. How does Hillary describe the time she spent while Sara-Kate was absent?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors are spread about Sara-Kate in the newspaper?
2. What does Mrs. Lenox's presence in the house symbolize?
3. What does Hillary's mother try to convince Hillary of when Sara-Kate leaves?
4. Why was Hillary so angry with Sara-Kate at the end of the book?
5. Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book?
6. What happens to Sara-Kate's house when she is sent away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What rules does Hillary break in this book, and how does she defend herself in these actions? Do you agree with her validation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How did Hillary's relationship with Sara-Kate change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)