|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary to do when she leaves the house?
2. What does Mr. Lenox plan to build for his plants?
3. How does Sara-Kate say she sometimes fills in the gaps when she is low on money?
4. What does Hillary take with her when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
5. What is the weather like when Hillary learns her father saw Sara-Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sara-Kate entertain Hillary while they are eating the stolen food?
2. How has Sara-Kate been supporting herself and her mother by herself?
3. Why does Hillary have to be careful with her flashlight when sneaking out of her house at night?
4. What does Hillary see in Sara-Kate's living room?
5. What does Hillary think of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
6. What does Hillary do when she sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
7. What does Hillary do after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
8. What causes Hillary to sneak out of her house at night?
9. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
10. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for after they work in the elf village after the storm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
How was Hillary able to let go of her old friends and cling to Sara-Kate? What does this reveal about her character?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Lenox was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)