|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate do while making a meal with the stolen food?
2. How do most people feel when Sara-Kate is absent?
3. Who does Hillary think could catch her when she leaves her house after learning her father saw Sara-Kate?
4. What does Hillary ask Sara-Kate when they are in the house together?
5. How does Hillary explain away what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Sara-Kate been supporting herself and her mother by herself?
2. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
3. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for after they work in the elf village after the storm?
4. Where does Hillary think Sara-Kate is after seeing the second room in the house?
5. How does Sara-Kate describe her role in her household?
6. When does Sara-Kate say elves go indoors?
7. Why do most people think Sara-Kate is absent from school?
8. How does Sara-Kate react when she sees Hillary in her house?
9. What does Hillary find in the upstairs room in Sara-Kate's house?
10. What stops Sara-Kate from working in the village after she and Hillary are reunited?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Hillary think Sara-Kate was an elf, and what did this belief do to guide her actions?
Essay Topic 3
What were some clues given of the real situation Sara-Kate was living in, and how did Hillary perceive these things?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)