|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hillary play with after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
2. What does Hillary get ready for as she climbs the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
3. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
4. How does Hillary describe the time she spent while Sara-Kate was absent?
5. Where does Hillary see magic when she is reunited with Sara-Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Hillary think Sara-Kate is after seeing the second room in the house?
2. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for after they work in the elf village after the storm?
3. What is Hillary disappointed about when she is working in the village after being reunited with Sara-Kate?
4. Why does Sara-Kate say she could never live like Hillary?
5. How has Sara-Kate been supporting herself and her mother by herself?
6. What shocks Hillary when hearing about Sara-Kate's role in her house?
7. What does Hillary say was missing in her life when Sara-Kate was absent?
8. What does Hillary do after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
9. What causes Hillary to sneak out of her house at night?
10. How does Hillary explain to herself what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Hillary able to let go of her old friends and cling to Sara-Kate? What does this reveal about her character?
Essay Topic 2
What rules does Hillary break in this book, and how does she defend herself in these actions? Do you agree with her validation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book, and what led to this situation?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)