|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 6 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Hillary feel about the circle in Sara-Kate's living room?
2. What does Hillary do that worries Jane?
3. What would Hillary never have done before meeting Sara-Kate?
4. What does Hillary think Sara-Kate is when they are reunited?
5. How does Sara-Kate feel while eating the stolen food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors are spread about Sara-Kate in the newspaper?
2. Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book?
3. What does Hillary's mother try to convince Hillary of when Sara-Kate leaves?
4. What does Mrs. Lenox's presence in the house symbolize?
5. Why was Hillary so angry with Sara-Kate at the end of the book?
6. What happens to Sara-Kate's house when she is sent away?
Essay Topic 1
How did the elf village come to be, and what did it symbolize to Sara-Kate and Hillary?
Essay Topic 2
How did Hillary's relationship with Sara-Kate change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)