|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary think Sara-Kate is meant to protect?
2. How does Hillary respond to Sara-Kate's request of her when they are reunited?
3. What makes Sara-Kate end her friendship with Hillary?
4. What is the weather like when Hillary learns her father saw Sara-Kate?
5. What is Pierre's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate ask for when Hillary sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
2. How has Sara-Kate been supporting herself and her mother by herself?
3. What causes Hillary to sneak out of her house at night?
4. How does Sara-Kate entertain Hillary while they are eating the stolen food?
5. Why do most people think Sara-Kate is absent from school?
6. What allows Hillary to help out in the village all day the day after seeing Sara-Kate at night?
7. What does Hillary do after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
8. What is Sara-Kate about to do when Hillary's mother comes looking for her?
9. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for after they work in the elf village after the storm?
10. Why does Sara-Kate refuse to ask adults for help with her extreme situation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hillary's relationship with Sara-Kate change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book, and what led to this situation?
Essay Topic 3
How did the elf village come to be, and what did it symbolize to Sara-Kate and Hillary?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)