|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 6 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sara-Kate think she can be like Hillary?
2. What was Sara-Kate doing when Hillary's father saw her?
3. What disappoints Hillary when she works on the elf village again?
4. What did Sara-Kate say elves never did unless they got too cold?
5. Who pretends to be Pierre?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumors are spread about Sara-Kate in the newspaper?
2. What happens to Sara-Kate's house when she is sent away?
3. What does Mrs. Lenox's presence in the house symbolize?
4. Why was Hillary so angry with Sara-Kate at the end of the book?
5. Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book?
6. What does Hillary's mother try to convince Hillary of when Sara-Kate leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the elf village come to be, and what did it symbolize to Sara-Kate and Hillary?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)