|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 6 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mr. Lenox see Sara-Kate doing?
2. How does Sara-Kate feel when Hillary brings her the stolen food?
3. What is the word used most to describe Sara-Kate's house?
4. How does Hillary describe the time she spent while Sara-Kate was absent?
5. What is Hillary uncertain of when she sees Sara-Kate's mother in her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hillary's mother try to convince Hillary of when Sara-Kate leaves?
2. What rumors are spread about Sara-Kate in the newspaper?
3. Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book?
4. What does Mrs. Lenox's presence in the house symbolize?
5. What happens to Sara-Kate's house when she is sent away?
6. Why was Hillary so angry with Sara-Kate at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
Sara-Kate endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 3
How was Hillary able to let go of her old friends and cling to Sara-Kate? What does this reveal about her character?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)