|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 6 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hillary play with after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
2. What does Hillary say rested while Sara-Kate was absent?
3. What kind of bill did Hillary help Sara-Kate pay?
4. How does Sara-Kate feel while eating the stolen food?
5. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Sara-Kate's house when she is sent away?
2. Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book?
3. What does Hillary's mother try to convince Hillary of when Sara-Kate leaves?
4. What does Mrs. Lenox's presence in the house symbolize?
5. What rumors are spread about Sara-Kate in the newspaper?
6. Why was Hillary so angry with Sara-Kate at the end of the book?
Essay Topic 1
How did Hillary's relationship with Sara-Kate change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book, and what led to this situation?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)