|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sara-Kate doing when Hillary finds her in the house?
2. Why doesn't Sara-Kate think she can be like Hillary?
3. How do most people feel when Sara-Kate is absent?
4. How do most people react to Sara-Kate's absence?
5. What does Hillary do when people talk about Sara-Kate while she is gone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Hillary to sneak out of her house at night?
2. What does Hillary see in Sara-Kate's living room?
3. What does Hillary find in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
4. What worries Jane about Hillary after her trip to Sara-Kate's house?
5. Why do most people think Sara-Kate is absent from school?
6. How does Sara-Kate describe her role in her household?
7. Where does Hillary get the money to go shopping with for Sara-Kate and her mother?
8. What does Hillary find in the upstairs room in Sara-Kate's house?
9. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
10. Why does Sara-Kate say she could never live like Hillary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What rules does Hillary break in this book, and how does she defend herself in these actions? Do you agree with her validation? Why or why not?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)