|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Hillary learn to make maps?
2. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
3. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate looks like when she gets mad?
4. What does Sara-Kate eat for lunch at school?
5. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
2. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
3. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
4. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
5. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
6. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
7. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
8. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
9. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
10. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)