|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
2. What happens in the weather that is strange for the time of year?
3. What are elf houses built out of?
4. Why does Sara-Kate not wear extra clothes when it gets cold?
5. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
2. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
3. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
4. Why does Hillary steal something at the store?
5. How does Hillary explain to herself what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
6. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
7. How does Sara-Kate react when she sees Hillary in her house?
8. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
9. What stops Sara-Kate from working in the village after she and Hillary are reunited?
10. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect the characters involved in those scenes?
This section contains 1,222 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)