Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
2. What does Sara-Kate eat for lunch at school?
3. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
4. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
5. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
2. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
3. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
4. What does Hillary do after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
5. How does Sara-Kate react when she sees Hillary in her house?
6. Where does Hillary get the money to go shopping with for Sara-Kate and her mother?
7. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
8. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
9. What does Sara-Kate ask for when Hillary sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
10. What does Hillary's mother do when she comes in the house?
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What rules does Hillary break in this book, and how does she defend herself in these actions? Do you agree with her validation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Hillary think Sara-Kate was an elf, and what did this belief do to guide her actions?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)