|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sara-Kate's last name?
2. What nick-name does Jane give Sara-Kate at school?
3. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
4. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
5. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
2. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
3. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
4. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
5. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
6. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
7. What causes Hillary to go into Sara-Kate's house?
8. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
9. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
10. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the elf village come to be, and what did it symbolize to Sara-Kate and Hillary?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Lenox was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)