|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
2. Who/what does Hillary think made the elf village?
3. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
4. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
5. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
2. Why does Hillary steal something at the store?
3. What does Hillary think of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
4. Why is Hillary so troubled by what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
5. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for after they work in the elf village after the storm?
6. What renews Hillary's belief in magic when she is reunited with Sara-Kate?
7. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
8. When does Sara-Kate say elves go indoors?
9. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
10. How has Sara-Kate been supporting herself and her mother by herself?
Essay Topic 1
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book, and what led to this situation?
This section contains 1,122 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)