|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
2. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
3. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
4. Why do Hillary's parents not listen to her about the elves?
5. What are elf houses built out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
2. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
3. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
4. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
5. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
6. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
7. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
8. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
9. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
10. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hillary's relationship with Sara-Kate change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What rules does Hillary break in this book, and how does she defend herself in these actions? Do you agree with her validation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)