|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
2. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
3. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
4. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
5. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
2. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
3. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
4. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
5. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
6. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
7. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
8. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
9. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
10. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lisle have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Mrs. Lenox was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 3
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)