|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alison say Sara-Kate stole?
2. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
3. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
4. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
5. Why do the girls help the elves build something?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
2. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
3. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
4. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
5. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
6. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
7. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
8. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
9. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
10. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What rules does Hillary break in this book, and how does she defend herself in these actions? Do you agree with her validation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Lenox was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)