|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary say the ferris wheel looks like when it spins?
2. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
3. What does Hillary enjoy about making the elf map?
4. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
5. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hillary explain to herself what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
2. Why does Sara-Kate refuse to ask adults for help with her extreme situation?
3. Why does Sara-Kate say she could never live like Hillary?
4. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for after they work in the elf village after the storm?
5. Why does Hillary steal something at the store?
6. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
7. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
8. What renews Hillary's belief in magic when she is reunited with Sara-Kate?
9. What does Sara-Kate ask for when Hillary sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
10. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some clues given of the real situation Sara-Kate was living in, and how did Hillary perceive these things?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
What rules does Hillary break in this book, and how does she defend herself in these actions? Do you agree with her validation? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)