|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate looks like when she gets mad?
2. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
3. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
4. What do the girls help the elves build?
5. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
2. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
3. What strikes Hillary as odd about her time at Sara-Kate's house?
4. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
5. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
6. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
7. What causes Hillary to go into Sara-Kate's house?
8. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
9. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
10. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How was Hillary able to let go of her old friends and cling to Sara-Kate? What does this reveal about her character?
Essay Topic 2
Security and safety were two themes that were touched on a number of times throughout the course of this book. What are some of these instances, and how does this affect the characters in these scenes?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)