|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sara-Kate's last name?
2. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
3. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
4. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
5. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
2. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
3. What causes Hillary to go into Sara-Kate's house?
4. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
5. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
6. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
7. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
8. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
9. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
10. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lisle have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Sara-Kate endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)