|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate have to go to the drugstore?
2. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
3. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
4. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
5. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
2. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
3. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
4. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
5. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
6. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
7. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
8. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
9. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
10. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Hillary's relationship with Sara-Kate change over the course of the plot? What caused these changes, and what significance does this have to the outcome of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
How did the elf village come to be, and what did it symbolize to Sara-Kate and Hillary?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)