Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
2. What does Sara-Kate eat for lunch at school?
3. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
4. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
5. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
2. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
3. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
4. What does Hillary do after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
5. How does Sara-Kate react when she sees Hillary in her house?
6. Where does Hillary get the money to go shopping with for Sara-Kate and her mother?
7. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
8. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
9. What does Sara-Kate ask for when Hillary sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
10. What does Hillary's mother do when she comes in the house?
Essay Topic 1
Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book, and what led to this situation?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)