|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
2. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
3. What is Hillary's last name?
4. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
5. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
2. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
3. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
4. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
5. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
6. What strikes Hillary as odd about her time at Sara-Kate's house?
7. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
8. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
9. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
10. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)