|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
2. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
3. What does Hillary say the ferris wheel looks like when it spins?
4. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
5. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strikes Hillary as odd about her time at Sara-Kate's house?
2. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
3. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
4. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
5. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
6. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
7. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
8. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
9. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
10. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
This book takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Lisle have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Mrs. Lenox was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did she accomplish this? What are some ways that her presence- however brief, altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if she had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)