|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the elf village?
2. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
3. What nick-name does Jane give Sara-Kate at school?
4. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
5. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves won't show themselves to Hillary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
2. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
3. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
4. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
5. What strikes Hillary as odd about her time at Sara-Kate's house?
6. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
7. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
8. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
9. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
10. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What rules does Hillary break in this book, and how does she defend herself in these actions? Do you agree with her validation? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Hillary think Sara-Kate was an elf, and what did this belief do to guide her actions?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)