|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
2. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
3. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
4. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate stealing from her father's garden?
5. Mr. Lenox like to talk to __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
2. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
3. What causes Hillary to go into Sara-Kate's house?
4. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
5. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
6. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
7. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
8. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
9. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
10. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the elf village come to be, and what did it symbolize to Sara-Kate and Hillary?
Essay Topic 2
How was Hillary able to let go of her old friends and cling to Sara-Kate? What does this reveal about her character?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 601 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)