|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Alison say Sara-Kate stole?
2. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
3. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
4. What subject makes Sara-Kate lash out in anger?
5. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
2. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
3. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
4. What strikes Hillary as odd about her time at Sara-Kate's house?
5. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
6. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
7. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
8. What causes Hillary to go into Sara-Kate's house?
9. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
10. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some clues given of the real situation Sara-Kate was living in, and how did Hillary perceive these things?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
Fear is a common theme in this book that is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)