Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
2. What does Sara-Kate eat for lunch at school?
3. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
4. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
5. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
2. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
3. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
4. What does Hillary do after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
5. How does Sara-Kate react when she sees Hillary in her house?
6. Where does Hillary get the money to go shopping with for Sara-Kate and her mother?
7. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
8. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
9. What does Sara-Kate ask for when Hillary sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
10. What does Hillary's mother do when she comes in the house?
Despair was a theme that was placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Why did Hillary think Sara-Kate was an elf, and what did this belief do to guide her actions?
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)