|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
2. What happens in the weather that is strange for the time of year?
3. Why does Sara-Kate have to go to the drugstore?
4. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
5. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
2. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
3. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
4. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
5. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
6. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
7. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
8. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
9. What causes Hillary to go into Sara-Kate's house?
10. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Betrayal was a theme introduced in a few places in this book. How does this constant stream of betrayal affect the outcome of the plot, and which characters were most affected by it?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)