|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is taken of the bike wheel that makes the ferris wheel?
2. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
3. What is Sara-Kate's last name?
4. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
5. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
2. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
3. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
4. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
5. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
6. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
7. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
8. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
9. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
10. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the elf village come to be, and what did it symbolize to Sara-Kate and Hillary?
Essay Topic 2
How was Hillary able to let go of her old friends and cling to Sara-Kate? What does this reveal about her character?
Essay Topic 3
What were some clues given of the real situation Sara-Kate was living in, and how did Hillary perceive these things?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)