|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who sends Sara-Kate money?
(a) The social worker.
(b) Her father.
(c) An uncle.
(d) Her grandparents.
2. What does Hillary do when people talk about Sara-Kate while she is gone?
(b) Defends her.
(c) Changes the subject.
3. What is Pierre's nickname?
(a) Pierre the Portman.
(b) Pierre the Pig.
(c) Pierre the Pathway.
(d) Pierre the Package.
4. Why does Hillary hurry out of Sara-Kate's house when someone comes looking for her there?
(a) She hates being in the house.
(b) She doesn't want people to get suspicious.
(c) She doesn't want Sara-Kate to answer the question.
(d) She is late.
5. How does Hillary feel about the circle in Sara-Kate's living room?
(a) It is the only normal thing.
(b) It is alluring.
(c) It is sweet.
(d) It is creepy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate is after eating the stolen food?
2. How does Hillary describe Sara-Kate's mother?
3. What bombards Hillary after she goes into Sara-Kate's house?
4. What was Hillary hoping to see more of while working with Sara-Kate in the backyard again?
5. Hillary steals money from a ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What renews Hillary's belief in magic when she is reunited with Sara-Kate?
2. What does Hillary find in the upstairs room in Sara-Kate's house?
3. How does Sara-Kate describe her role in her household?
4. What does Hillary think of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
5. What does Hillary find in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
6. What causes Hillary to sneak out of her house at night?
7. What does Hillary do after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
8. What does Sara-Kate ask for when Hillary sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
9. What does Hillary see in Sara-Kate's living room?
10. Why does Sara-Kate refuse to ask adults for help with her extreme situation?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)