|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Hillary hoping to see more of while working with Sara-Kate in the backyard again?
(b) Her old roads.
(c) The house.
2. What does Hillary ask Sara-Kate when they are in the house together?
(a) If she wants help.
(b) If they are friends.
(c) If her mother will live.
(d) If she is an elf.
3. Who pretends to be Pierre?
(b) Sara-Kate's mother.
4. Who sends Sara-Kate money?
(a) Her father.
(b) The social worker.
(c) Her grandparents.
(d) An uncle.
5. What does Hillary think Sara-Kate is meant to protect?
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the word used most to describe Sara-Kate's house?
2. What does Hillary think Sara-Kate is when they are reunited?
3. How does Hillary feel about the circle in Sara-Kate's living room?
4. How does Sara-Kate say she sometimes fills in the gaps when she is low on money?
5. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary to do when she leaves the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Hillary have to be careful with her flashlight when sneaking out of her house at night?
2. Where does Hillary get the money to go shopping with for Sara-Kate and her mother?
3. Why does Sara-Kate say she could never live like Hillary?
4. What worries Jane about Hillary after her trip to Sara-Kate's house?
5. What is Hillary disappointed about when she is working in the village after being reunited with Sara-Kate?
6. How has Sara-Kate been supporting herself and her mother by herself?
7. Where does Hillary think Sara-Kate is after seeing the second room in the house?
8. When does Sara-Kate say elves go indoors?
9. How does Sara-Kate entertain Hillary while they are eating the stolen food?
10. Why is Hillary so troubled by what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)