|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes it clear to Hillary that Sara-Kate is still around?
(b) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary to do when she leaves the house?
(a) Forget their friendship.
(b) Help her.
(c) Forget what she saw.
(d) Never tell anyone about her house.
3. Who pretends to be Pierre?
(a) Sara-Kate's mother.
4. How does Hillary respond to Sara-Kate's request of her when they are reunited?
(a) She promises to help.
(b) She refuses.
(c) She says she will ask her father.
(d) She pretends she didn't hear.
5. What is the first thing Sara-Kate makes with the stolen food?
(a) Some soup.
(c) A burrito.
(d) A sandwhich.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first human need Sara-Kate shows?
2. What does Hillary do when people talk about Sara-Kate while she is gone?
3. Whom does Hillary blame for the strange scene she sees upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
4. Who does Hillary think could catch her when she leaves her house after learning her father saw Sara-Kate?
5. Whom does Hillary tell about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate refuse to ask adults for help with her extreme situation?
2. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
3. What does Hillary say was missing in her life when Sara-Kate was absent?
4. Why does Hillary steal something at the store?
5. What allows Hillary to help out in the village all day the day after seeing Sara-Kate at night?
6. Where does Hillary get the money to go shopping with for Sara-Kate and her mother?
7. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for after they work in the elf village after the storm?
8. What does Sara-Kate ask for when Hillary sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
9. Why does Hillary have to be careful with her flashlight when sneaking out of her house at night?
10. What causes Hillary to sneak out of her house at night?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)