|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
(a) She promises to get money for her.
(b) She sneaks out of her house.
(c) She helps in the village.
(d) All of these.
2. What does Hillary do that worries Jane?
(a) Cries for no reason.
(b) Prays for Sara-Kate's mother.
(c) Talks about the elves.
(d) Mutters under her breath for the memories to stop.
3. What is the word used most to describe Sara-Kate's house?
4. Who does Hillary think could catch her when she leaves her house after learning her father saw Sara-Kate?
(a) Sara-Kate's mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. What does Sara-Kate fix in the village?
(a) The houses.
(b) The tin pan.
(c) The library.
(d) The ferris wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes looking for Hillary when she is in Sara-Kate's house?
2. Why doesn't Sara-Kate think she can be like Hillary?
3. What does Hillary get ready for as she climbs the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
4. Where in the house does Sara-Kate eat the stolen food?
5. What scares Hillary when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate say she could never live like Hillary?
2. What is Sara-Kate about to do when Hillary's mother comes looking for her?
3. What does Hillary think of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
4. What renews Hillary's belief in magic when she is reunited with Sara-Kate?
5. Why do most people think Sara-Kate is absent from school?
6. What does Hillary do when she sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
7. What does Sara-Kate ask for when Hillary sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
8. What stops Sara-Kate from working in the village after she and Hillary are reunited?
9. What causes Hillary to sneak out of her house at night?
10. How has Sara-Kate been supporting herself and her mother by herself?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)