|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 6 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hillary blame for the strange scene she sees upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Her mind.
(b) The elves.
2. How does Hillary describe Sara-Kate's mother?
3. What is the first human need Sara-Kate shows?
(a) She is cold.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is tired.
(d) She is hungry.
4. What does Sara-Kate fix in the village?
(a) The library.
(b) The tin pan.
(c) The ferris wheel.
(d) The houses.
5. What does Sara-Kate say she is for her home?
(a) The Chief Steward.
(b) The Parents.
(c) The Mother.
(d) The Overseer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disappoints Hillary when she works on the elf village again?
2. What does Hillary think of the light coming from the room upstairs?
3. Whom does Hillary tell about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
4. How does Sara-Kate say she sometimes fills in the gaps when she is low on money?
5. Hillary thinks the light coming from Sara-Kate's upstairs room is _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Hillary so angry with Sara-Kate at the end of the book?
2. What rumors are spread about Sara-Kate in the newspaper?
3. What happens to Sara-Kate's house when she is sent away?
4. Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book?
5. What does Hillary's mother try to convince Hillary of when Sara-Kate leaves?
6. What does Mrs. Lenox's presence in the house symbolize?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)