|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 6 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Sara-Kate end her friendship with Hillary?
(a) Ruining part of the eld village.
(b) The discovery of the truth.
(c) Hearing her spread a rumor.
(d) Staying friends with Jane.
2. Whom does Hillary tell about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Her father.
3. Why doesn't Sara-Kate ask others for help?
(a) They will hurt her.
(b) They will take her away from her mother.
(c) They will sell the house.
(d) They will send her to her father.
4. How does Hillary feel about the circle in Sara-Kate's living room?
(a) It is the only normal thing.
(b) It is alluring.
(c) It is sweet.
(d) It is creepy.
5. What did Sara-Kate say elves never did unless they got too cold?
(a) Went inside.
(b) Ate food.
(d) Wore coats.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lenox plan to build for his plants?
2. What is Sara-Kate doing when Hillary finds her in the house?
3. What does Hillary want to do when she first hears the sound from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
4. What is Pierre's nickname?
5. How does Sara-Kate feel while eating the stolen food?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hillary's mother try to convince Hillary of when Sara-Kate leaves?
2. Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book?
3. What does Mrs. Lenox's presence in the house symbolize?
4. Why was Hillary so angry with Sara-Kate at the end of the book?
5. What happens to Sara-Kate's house when she is sent away?
6. What rumors are spread about Sara-Kate in the newspaper?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)