|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 6 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does Hillary steal?
2. What is the first test Sara-Kate gives Hillary when they are reunited?
(a) She has to leave her old friends.
(b) She has to believe in the magic.
(c) She has to get some money for her.
(d) She has to work hard in the snow.
3. What did Sara-Kate say elves never did unless they got too cold?
(a) Wore coats.
(b) Went inside.
(d) Ate food.
4. What is Mr. Lenox looking for when school is canceled?
(a) His cell phone.
(b) A screwdriver.
(c) A snow shovel.
(d) A flashlight.
5. What cancels school after Hillary and Sara-Kate are reunited?
(a) There is a broken water main at the school.
(b) There is a fire at the school.
(c) There is a blizzard.
(d) There is a teacher's strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Hillary hoping to see more of while working with Sara-Kate in the backyard again?
2. What does Hillary want to do when she first hears the sound from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
3. Who sends Sara-Kate money?
4. Who tells Sara-Kate what to do in her home?
5. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for when they are reunited?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Sara-Kate's house when she is sent away?
2. Why was Hillary so angry with Sara-Kate at the end of the book?
3. What rumors are spread about Sara-Kate in the newspaper?
4. Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book?
5. What does Mrs. Lenox's presence in the house symbolize?
6. What does Hillary's mother try to convince Hillary of when Sara-Kate leaves?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)