|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in a circle in the living room of Sara-Kate's house?
2. What is the word used most to describe Sara-Kate's house?
3. What causes Sara-Kate to go inside while working with Hillary again?
(a) Her mother appears in the window.
(b) A bell chimes.
(c) Her fingers go numb.
(d) Hillary asks about Sara-Kate's mother.
4. Why does Hillary hurry out of Sara-Kate's house when someone comes looking for her there?
(a) She doesn't want people to get suspicious.
(b) She hates being in the house.
(c) She is late.
(d) She doesn't want Sara-Kate to answer the question.
5. Who sends Sara-Kate money?
(a) The social worker.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) Her father.
(d) An uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate plan to do with what she asks Hillary for when they are reunited?
2. What disappoints Hillary when she works on the elf village again?
3. What did Sara-Kate say elves never did unless they got too cold?
4. Who does Hillary think could catch her when she leaves her house after learning her father saw Sara-Kate?
5. What does Sara-Kate threaten as Hillary leaves her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Hillary think Sara-Kate is after seeing the second room in the house?
2. How does Hillary explain to herself what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
3. Why does Hillary steal something at the store?
4. What is Sara-Kate about to do when Hillary's mother comes looking for her?
5. What worries Jane about Hillary after her trip to Sara-Kate's house?
6. What does Hillary say was missing in her life when Sara-Kate was absent?
7. What does Hillary do when she sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
8. What allows Hillary to help out in the village all day the day after seeing Sara-Kate at night?
9. What stops Sara-Kate from working in the village after she and Hillary are reunited?
10. What causes Hillary to sneak out of her house at night?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)