|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappoints Hillary when she works on the elf village again?
(a) Sara-Kate doesn't talk much.
(b) They were not protected from snow.
(c) She can't stay long.
(d) It is hard work.
2. What does Hillary ask Sara-Kate when they are in the house together?
(a) If she wants help.
(b) If she is an elf.
(c) If they are friends.
(d) If her mother will live.
3. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary to do when she leaves the house?
(a) Never tell anyone about her house.
(b) Forget their friendship.
(c) Forget what she saw.
(d) Help her.
4. Where has Hillary never been without an adult before?
(a) The post office.
(b) The mall.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) The pharmacy.
5. How do most people react to Sara-Kate's absence?
(a) They think she is in protective custody.
(b) They think she has moved.
(c) They think she has transferred to another school.
(d) They think she is in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Sara-Kate's house look like it has been abandoned?
2. What is wrong with Pierre?
3. How does Sara-Kate feel when Hillary brings her the stolen food?
4. What does Hillary shoplift?
5. From whom does Hillary steal money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
2. Why does Sara-Kate say she could never live like Hillary?
3. What stops Sara-Kate from working in the village after she and Hillary are reunited?
4. What does Hillary find in the upstairs room in Sara-Kate's house?
5. What causes Hillary to sneak out of her house at night?
6. What shocks Hillary when hearing about Sara-Kate's role in her house?
7. Why does Hillary steal something at the store?
8. How does Sara-Kate entertain Hillary while they are eating the stolen food?
9. Why does Hillary have to be careful with her flashlight when sneaking out of her house at night?
10. What does Hillary find in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)