|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hillary think of the light coming from the room upstairs?
(a) It is natural.
(b) It is magical.
(c) It is foreboding.
(d) It is evil.
2. What does Hillary shoplift?
3. What does Hillary ask Sara-Kate when they are in the house together?
(a) If her mother will live.
(b) If she wants help.
(c) If she is an elf.
(d) If they are friends.
4. Hillary thinks the light coming from Sara-Kate's upstairs room is _________.
5. How does Hillary feel about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is horrified.
(c) She is amazed.
(d) She is relieved,
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sara-Kate act when she asks Hillary for something when they are reunited?
2. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
3. What does Sara-Kate fix in the village?
4. What is the weather like when Hillary learns her father saw Sara-Kate?
5. What does Sara-Kate plan to do with what she asks Hillary for when they are reunited?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sara-Kate react when she sees Hillary in her house?
2. Why does Sara-Kate refuse to ask adults for help with her extreme situation?
3. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
4. Why does Hillary have to be careful with her flashlight when sneaking out of her house at night?
5. When does Sara-Kate say elves go indoors?
6. What renews Hillary's belief in magic when she is reunited with Sara-Kate?
7. What does Hillary find in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
8. What does Hillary say was missing in her life when Sara-Kate was absent?
9. What does Hillary find in the upstairs room in Sara-Kate's house?
10. What worries Jane about Hillary after her trip to Sara-Kate's house?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)