|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 6 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hillary respond to Sara-Kate's request of her when they are reunited?
(a) She refuses.
(b) She says she will ask her father.
(c) She pretends she didn't hear.
(d) She promises to help.
2. How does Hillary feel after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
3. Who tells Sara-Kate what to do in her home?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) The social worker.
4. Where in the house does Sara-Kate eat the stolen food?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The living room.
5. What does Hillary want to do when she first hears the sound from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Gets her father.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Checks it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What litters the ground in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
2. What does Sara-Kate drink while pretending to be Pierre?
3. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
4. Why does Hillary say she doesn't see elves in Sara-Kate's upstairs room?
5. What is Pierre's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hillary's mother try to convince Hillary of when Sara-Kate leaves?
2. Why was Hillary so angry with Sara-Kate at the end of the book?
3. What happens to Sara-Kate's house when she is sent away?
4. What rumors are spread about Sara-Kate in the newspaper?
5. Where does Sara-Kate end up at the end of the book?
6. What does Mrs. Lenox's presence in the house symbolize?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)