|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
(a) They don't fit right.
(b) They never match.
(c) They are always wrinkled.
(d) They are dirty.
2. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) Elf music.
(b) Her friends' voices.
(c) Her mother's warning.
(d) Sara-Kate's tantrum.
3. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) She is ambivalent.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is shy.
(d) She is friendly.
4. What happens in the weather that is strange for the time of year?
(a) It snows.
(b) It gets warm.
(c) It gets rainy.
(d) It gets cooler.
5. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
(a) They camoflague well.
(b) They only come out at night.
(c) They are invisible.
(d) They hide from people.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
2. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
3. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
4. What does Hillary say the ferris wheel looks like when it spins?
5. Who/what does Hillary think made the elf village?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
2. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
3. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
4. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
5. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
6. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
7. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
8. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
9. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
10. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)