|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves won't show themselves to Hillary?
(a) It is too soon.
(b) They don't believe in them.
(c) It is too light.
(d) They have been hurt by humans in the past.
2. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) She is ambivalent.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is friendly.
(d) She is shy.
3. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
(a) A child.
(b) A girl.
(c) A human.
(d) An adult.
4. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
(a) She gets all itchy.
(b) She hears a tinkling.
(c) She gets a tickly feeling.
(d) It starts to get dark.
5. What does Sara-Kate eat for lunch at school?
(a) Cream of Wheat.
(b) White bread.
(c) Corn hash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nick-name does Jane give Sara-Kate at school?
2. Why is Hillary so surprised by the way Sara-Kate acts when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
3. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
4. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
5. What is captivating to Hillary about Sara-Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
2. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
3. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
4. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
5. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
6. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
7. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
8. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
9. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
10. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)