|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
(a) The poison ivy.
(b) The ant hills.
(c) The broken glass.
(d) The sticky tar.
2. What does Alison say Sara-Kate stole?
(a) A scooter.
(b) A garbage can.
(c) A bag of groceries.
(d) A bike.
3. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
(a) She gets a tickly feeling.
(b) She gets all itchy.
(c) It starts to get dark.
(d) She hears a tinkling.
4. Mr. Lenox like to talk to __________.
(a) His artwork.
(b) His plants.
(c) His rocks.
(d) His dog.
5. Why does Sara-Kate have to go to the drugstore?
(a) To send a letter.
(b) To buy some stamps.
(c) To get some bandages.
(d) To ge a prescription for her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
2. Why do Hillary's parents not listen to her about the elves?
3. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
4. What does Hillary say the ferris wheel looks like when it spins?
5. Why is Hillary so surprised by the way Sara-Kate acts when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
2. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
3. What does Hillary find in the upstairs room in Sara-Kate's house?
4. Why does Hillary steal something at the store?
5. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
6. How does Sara-Kate react when she sees Hillary in her house?
7. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
8. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
9. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
10. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)