|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in the weather that is strange for the time of year?
(a) It snows.
(b) It gets cooler.
(c) It gets warm.
(d) It gets rainy.
2. Why does Sara-Kate not wear extra clothes when it gets cold?
(a) She likes feeling cold.
(b) All of these.
(c) She has thick skin.
(d) She doesn't have more clothes.
3. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves won't show themselves to Hillary?
(a) They have been hurt by humans in the past.
(b) It is too soon.
(c) It is too light.
(d) They don't believe in them.
4. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
(d) Late night.
5. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
(a) A starlight catcher.
(b) A trap.
(c) A power house.
(d) A swimming pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
2. What is Sara-Kate's last name?
3. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
4. Who shows Hillary the elf village?
5. Mr. Lenox like to talk to __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
2. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
3. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
4. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
5. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
6. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
7. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
8. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
9. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
10. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)