|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
(a) Her mother is sleeping.
(b) Her mother forgot.
(c) Her mother is sick.
(d) Her mother is at work.
2. What does Sara-Kate eat for lunch at school?
(b) Corn hash.
(c) White bread.
(d) Cream of Wheat.
3. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
(a) She refuses to help with homework.
(b) She says her mother doesn't want her to play.
(c) She pretends not to see her.
(d) She doesn't stop Jane from teasing her.
4. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
(a) She is paying her.
(b) She spread rumors.
(c) She put a spell on her.
(d) She made a promise.
5. What do the girls help the elves build?
(a) Some art.
(c) A bridge.
(d) A library.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate not wear extra clothes when it gets cold?
2. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
3. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
4. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
5. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
2. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
3. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
4. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
5. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
6. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
7. What does Hillary do at the end of the book?
8. Why does Hillary steal something at the store?
9. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
10. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)