|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
(a) A store.
(b) A ferris wheel.
(c) A thresher.
(d) A water well.
2. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
(a) She is too poor for regular food.
(b) She has food allergies.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is an old woman in a girl's body.
3. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) She doesn't want her mother to see her.
(b) Sara-Kate enters the village from there.
(c) She wants to see the elves.
(d) Sara-Kate is mad at her.
4. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
(a) She will say only nice things.
(b) She will put herself in their place.
(c) She will bring a gift for the elves.
(d) She will stay away until she has happy thoughts.
5. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
(a) She is stupid.
(b) She is sickly.
(c) She is suspicious.
(d) She is odd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
2. What does Alison say Sara-Kate stole?
3. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
4. Why do Hillary's parents not listen to her about the elves?
5. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
2. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
3. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
4. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
5. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
6. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
7. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
8. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
9. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
10. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)