|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) In the backyard.
(b) On the fence.
(c) In her room.
(d) Under the tree.
2. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
(a) She will stay away until she has happy thoughts.
(b) She will bring a gift for the elves.
(c) She will say only nice things.
(d) She will put herself in their place.
3. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
(a) Fixing his back yard.
(b) Filling out paperwork.
(c) Watching TV.
(d) Building models.
4. What subject makes Sara-Kate lash out in anger?
(a) Her health.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her house.
5. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate stealing from her father's garden?
(b) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nick-name does Jane give Sara-Kate at school?
2. What does Alison say Sara-Kate stole?
3. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
4. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
5. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hillary start to do when she sees some ruined houses in the elf village, and how does Sara-Kate respond?
2. What strikes Hillary as odd about her time at Sara-Kate's house?
3. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
4. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
5. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
6. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
7. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
8. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
9. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
10. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)