|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hillary enjoy about making the elf map?
(a) Getting away from Sara-Kate.
(b) Using her knowledge.
(c) Seeing evidence of the elves.
(d) Doing something Sara-Kate can't.
2. What is taken of the bike wheel that makes the ferris wheel?
(a) The spokes.
(b) The tire.
(c) The pedal.
(d) The tread.
3. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
(a) Filling out paperwork.
(b) Building models.
(c) Fixing his back yard.
(d) Watching TV.
4. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
(a) The ant hills.
(b) The broken glass.
(c) The sticky tar.
(d) The poison ivy.
5. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
(b) Late night.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
2. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
3. What do the girls help the elves build?
4. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
5. What are elf houses built out of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
2. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
3. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
4. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
5. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
6. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
7. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
8. What strikes Hillary as odd about her time at Sara-Kate's house?
9. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
10. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)