|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nick-name does Jane give Sara-Kate at school?
2. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
(a) She hears a tinkling.
(b) She gets all itchy.
(c) It starts to get dark.
(d) She gets a tickly feeling.
3. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
(d) Late night.
4. What is captivating to Hillary about Sara-Kate?
(a) The elf village.
(b) Her independance.
(c) Her appearance.
(d) The back yard.
5. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
(a) She is odd.
(b) She is suspicious.
(c) She is stupid.
(d) She is sickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
2. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
3. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
4. How is Hillary's home described?
5. Who/what does Hillary think made the elf village?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
2. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
3. What strikes Hillary as odd about her time at Sara-Kate's house?
4. What causes Hillary to go into Sara-Kate's house?
5. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
6. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
7. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
8. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
9. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
10. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)