|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Lenox like to talk to __________.
(a) His dog.
(b) His rocks.
(c) His plants.
(d) His artwork.
2. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She is cruel.
(c) She is condescending.
(d) She is kind.
3. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
(a) She gets a tickly feeling.
(b) It starts to get dark.
(c) She hears a tinkling.
(d) She gets all itchy.
4. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) Her mother's warning.
(b) Her friends' voices.
(c) Sara-Kate's tantrum.
(d) Elf music.
5. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) She doesn't want her mother to see her.
(b) Sara-Kate is mad at her.
(c) Sara-Kate enters the village from there.
(d) She wants to see the elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
2. Why is Hillary so surprised by the way Sara-Kate acts when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
3. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
4. What subject makes Sara-Kate lash out in anger?
5. Where did Hillary learn to make maps?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strikes Hillary as odd about her time at Sara-Kate's house?
2. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
3. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
4. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
5. Why does Allison Sara-Kate should not be trusted?
6. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
7. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
8. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
9. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
10. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)