|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are elf houses built out of?
(b) All of these.
2. Why do Hillary's parents not listen to her about the elves?
(a) They don't like the neighbors.
(b) They are busy.
(c) They don't believe in magic.
(d) They are tired.
3. Who/what does Hillary think made the elf village?
4. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
(a) The broken glass.
(b) The ant hills.
(c) The poison ivy.
(d) The sticky tar.
5. Where is the elf village?
(a) Sara's back yard.
(b) A weed bramble.
(c) The empty lot.
(d) Hillary's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject makes Sara-Kate lash out in anger?
2. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
3. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
4. Why do the girls help the elves build something?
5. Mr. Lenox like to talk to __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Hillary to go into Sara-Kate's house?
2. What strikes Hillary as odd about her time at Sara-Kate's house?
3. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
4. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
5. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
6. How is Hillary's home different than Sara-Kate's?
7. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
8. How does Hillary train herself to see elves?
9. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
10. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)