Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
(a) She is odd.
(b) She is sickly.
(c) She is suspicious.
(d) She is stupid.
2. What does Sara-Kate eat for lunch at school?
(a) Corn hash.
(b) Cream of Wheat.
(c) White bread.
3. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
(a) Filling out paperwork.
(b) Fixing his back yard.
(c) Building models.
(d) Watching TV.
4. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
(a) A starlight catcher.
(b) A power house.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A trap.
5. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
(a) She has food allergies.
(b) She is an old woman in a girl's body.
(c) She is too poor for regular food.
(d) She is sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
2. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
3. Who/what does Hillary think made the elf village?
4. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
5. What does Alison say Sara-Kate stole?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
2. What makes Sara-Kate seem more mature in Hillary's eyes?
3. Why is Sara-Kate teased about her appearance at school?
4. What does Hillary do after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
5. How does Sara-Kate react when she sees Hillary in her house?
6. Where does Hillary get the money to go shopping with for Sara-Kate and her mother?
7. What does Hillary's mother say when she hears Hillary was playing with Sara-Kate?
8. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
9. What does Sara-Kate ask for when Hillary sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
10. What does Hillary's mother do when she comes in the house?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)