|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are elf houses built out of?
(a) All of these.
2. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A trap.
(c) A starlight catcher.
(d) A power house.
3. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
(a) She is paying her.
(b) She made a promise.
(c) She put a spell on her.
(d) She spread rumors.
4. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
(a) He is cazy.
(b) He is in jail.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) He ran away.
5. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
(a) They only come out at night.
(b) They hide from people.
(c) They are invisible.
(d) They camoflague well.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
2. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
3. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
4. What happens in the weather that is strange for the time of year?
5. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate say she could never live like Hillary?
2. What corroborates Hillary's ideas about Sara-Kate after their meeting at night?
3. Why do most people think Sara-Kate is absent from school?
4. What stops Sara-Kate from working in the village after she and Hillary are reunited?
5. Why is Hillary so troubled by what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
6. What does Hillary find in the upstairs room in Sara-Kate's house?
7. How has Sara-Kate been supporting herself and her mother by herself?
8. What does Sara-Kate say the elves eat?
9. What does Hillary say was missing in her life when Sara-Kate was absent?
10. What does Hillary do when she sees Sara-Kate after sneaking out of her house?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)