|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
(a) A trap.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A starlight catcher.
(d) A power house.
2. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
(a) She made a promise.
(b) She is paying her.
(c) She put a spell on her.
(d) She spread rumors.
3. What is taken of the bike wheel that makes the ferris wheel?
(a) The pedal.
(b) The spokes.
(c) The tread.
(d) The tire.
4. What do the girls help the elves build?
(a) A library.
(c) Some art.
(d) A bridge.
5. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) She wants to see the elves.
(b) She doesn't want her mother to see her.
(c) Sara-Kate enters the village from there.
(d) Sara-Kate is mad at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens in the weather that is strange for the time of year?
2. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
3. What are elf houses built out of?
4. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
5. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches?
2. What strikes Hillary as odd about her time at Sara-Kate's house?
3. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father, and how does Hillary respond to this?
4. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time at home doing, and why?
5. What causes Hillary to go into Sara-Kate's house?
6. What is Hillary most impressed with when she sees the elf village?
7. What does Sara-Kate say elf language sounds like?
8. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves need no protection from the cold?
9. What is the only proof Hillary has that Sara-Kate lives with her mother?
10. What ruins some of the houses in the elf village?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)