|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bill did Hillary help Sara-Kate pay?
(a) The electric bill.
(b) The phone bill.
(c) The utilities bill.
(d) The water bill.
2. How does Sara-Kate act when she asks Hillary for something when they are reunited?
3. How does Sara-Kate say she sometimes fills in the gaps when she is low on money?
(a) She works.
(b) She goes hungry.
(c) She steals.
(d) She begs.
4. What does Hillary say rested while Sara-Kate was absent?
(a) Her mind.
(b) Her imagination.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her soul.
5. What is Hillary doing for the first time when she goes to see Sara-Kate at night?
(a) Being disobedient.
(b) Facing her fears.
(c) Going outside after dark.
(d) Keeping a secret.
6. Where does Sara-Kate say she will always live?
(a) The fringe of society.
(b) In that house.
(c) Near the elves.
(d) With her mother.
7. What is the second test Sara-Kate gives Hillary when they are reunited?
(a) She has to believe in the magic.
(b) She has to leave her old friends.
(c) She has to get some money for her.
(d) She has to work hard in the snow.
8. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
(a) All of these.
(b) She sneaks out of her house.
(c) She promises to get money for her.
(d) She helps in the village.
9. Where does Hillary think Sara-Kate went when she enters the house?
(a) The store.
(b) An asylum.
(c) The hospital.
10. How does Hillary explain away what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) It was a figment of her imagination.
(b) It was a nightmare.
(c) It looked worse in the dark.
(d) It is an elf illusion.
11. Who makes it clear to Hillary that Sara-Kate is still around?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
12. What would Hillary never have done before meeting Sara-Kate?
(a) All of these.
(b) Be rude to her friends.
(c) Break rules.
(d) Dance outside.
13. What does Hillary do that worries Jane?
(a) Prays for Sara-Kate's mother.
(b) Talks about the elves.
(c) Cries for no reason.
(d) Mutters under her breath for the memories to stop.
14. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate is after eating the stolen food?
15. How do most people react to Sara-Kate's absence?
(a) They think she is in protective custody.
(b) They think she has transferred to another school.
(c) They think she has moved.
(d) They think she is in the hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hillary hurry out of Sara-Kate's house when someone comes looking for her there?
2. What is the first test Sara-Kate gives Hillary when they are reunited?
3. What makes Sara-Kate end her friendship with Hillary?
4. What does Sara-Kate fix in the village?
5. What does Sara-Kate say she is for her home?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)