|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first human need Sara-Kate shows?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is tired.
(c) She is hungry.
(d) She is cold.
2. What makes Sara-Kate end her friendship with Hillary?
(a) The discovery of the truth.
(b) Hearing her spread a rumor.
(c) Ruining part of the eld village.
(d) Staying friends with Jane.
3. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
(a) She helps in the village.
(b) All of these.
(c) She promises to get money for her.
(d) She sneaks out of her house.
4. Hillary steals money from a ___________.
5. What does Hillary do that worries Jane?
(a) Talks about the elves.
(b) Prays for Sara-Kate's mother.
(c) Mutters under her breath for the memories to stop.
(d) Cries for no reason.
6. Whom does Hillary tell about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
(b) Her teacher.
(c) Her father.
7. How does Hillary feel about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) She is relieved,
(b) She is amazed.
(c) She is horrified.
(d) She is angry.
8. What does Hillary offer to help Sara-Kate with when they are reunited?
(a) Re-building the village.
(b) Cleaning her house.
(c) Helping her with the school work she has missed.
(d) Buying some groceries.
9. Where in the house does Sara-Kate eat the stolen food?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
10. Who makes it clear to Hillary that Sara-Kate is still around?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
11. What is in a circle in the living room of Sara-Kate's house?
12. What would Hillary never have done before meeting Sara-Kate?
(a) All of these.
(b) Dance outside.
(c) Be rude to her friends.
(d) Break rules.
13. What does Hillary want to believe in when she is with Sara-Kate?
(a) Her instincts.
(b) Sara's lies.
(c) The elves.
(d) Her imagination.
14. What scares Hillary when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
(a) Getting caught by her father.
(b) The storm coming.
(c) The bird calls.
(d) The eerie light from Sara-Kate's house.
15. What is Pierre's nickname?
(a) Pierre the Portman.
(b) Pierre the Pig.
(c) Pierre the Pathway.
(d) Pierre the Package.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes looking for Hillary when she is in Sara-Kate's house?
2. From whom does Hillary steal money?
3. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
4. What cancels school after Hillary and Sara-Kate are reunited?
5. What does Hillary think Sara-Kate is when they are reunited?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)