|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hillary doing for the first time when she goes to see Sara-Kate at night?
(a) Keeping a secret.
(b) Being disobedient.
(c) Going outside after dark.
(d) Facing her fears.
2. How do most people feel when Sara-Kate is absent?
3. What disappoints Hillary when she works on the elf village again?
(a) They were not protected from snow.
(b) She can't stay long.
(c) It is hard work.
(d) Sara-Kate doesn't talk much.
4. What was Hillary hoping to see more of while working with Sara-Kate in the backyard again?
(a) The house.
(b) Her old roads.
5. What is Sara-Kate sitting on when Hillary finds her in the house?
(a) A table.
(b) The floor.
(c) A rocking chair.
(d) A pile of dirty clothes.
6. What does Hillary want to believe in when she is with Sara-Kate?
(a) The elves.
(b) Sara's lies.
(c) Her imagination.
(d) Her instincts.
7. Whom does Hillary play with after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
(b) Her parents.
(c) Her imaginary friends.
8. How does Hillary feel about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) She is amazed.
(b) She is relieved,
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is horrified.
9. How does Sara-Kate feel while eating the stolen food?
10. How does Sara-Kate react to seeing Hillary in her house?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She begins to cry.
11. How does Sara-Kate act when she asks Hillary for something when they are reunited?
12. How does Hillary respond to Sara-Kate's request of her when they are reunited?
(a) She refuses.
(b) She says she will ask her father.
(c) She pretends she didn't hear.
(d) She promises to help.
13. Who pretends to be Pierre?
(b) Sara-Kate's mother.
14. Where did the girls learn about Pierre?
(b) The newspaper.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A book.
15. What does Hillary take with her when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
(a) Her cell phone.
(b) The map.
(c) Some food.
(d) A flashlight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sara-Kate think she can be like Hillary?
2. How does Sara-Kate feel when Hillary approaches her at night?
3. What does Sara-Kate threaten as Hillary leaves her house?
4. What is the word used most to describe Sara-Kate's house?
5. What is Mr. Lenox looking for when school is canceled?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)