|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hillary describe Sara-Kate's mother?
2. What does Sara-Kate drink while pretending to be Pierre?
3. How does Sara-Kate say she sometimes fills in the gaps when she is low on money?
(a) She begs.
(b) She steals.
(c) She works.
(d) She goes hungry.
4. What was Hillary hoping to see more of while working with Sara-Kate in the backyard again?
(a) Her old roads.
(c) The house.
5. Why does Hillary say she doesn't see elves in Sara-Kate's upstairs room?
(a) They aren't real.
(b) They heard her coming.
(c) They still don't trust her.
(d) Sara-Kate killed them.
6. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate is after eating the stolen food?
7. What did Mr. Lenox see Sara-Kate doing?
(a) Running home.
(b) Crying on the doorstep.
(c) Working in her back yard.
8. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate has taught her to do?
(a) Believe in magic.
(b) View the world in a different way.
(c) Disobey others.
(d) See the hearts of others.
9. What is Hillary uncertain of when she sees Sara-Kate's mother in her house?
(a) Whether or not she is real.
(b) Whether or not she is alive.
(c) Whether or not she is crazy.
(d) Whether or not she is sick.
10. Where in the house does Sara-Kate eat the stolen food?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The living room.
11. How does Hillary feel about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) She is relieved,
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is amazed.
(d) She is horrified.
12. Why does Hillary hurry out of Sara-Kate's house when someone comes looking for her there?
(a) She hates being in the house.
(b) She doesn't want people to get suspicious.
(c) She is late.
(d) She doesn't want Sara-Kate to answer the question.
13. What does Mr. Lenox plan to build for his plants?
(b) A trellis.
(d) Some arches.
14. How does Hillary explain away what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) It was a nightmare.
(b) It was a figment of her imagination.
(c) It is an elf illusion.
(d) It looked worse in the dark.
15. What kind of noise does Hillary hear from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What scares Hillary when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
2. Whom does Hillary blame for the strange scene she sees upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
3. What is Hillary's total at the register?
4. Why doesn't Sara-Kate ask others for help?
5. Who tells Sara-Kate what to do in her home?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)