|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hillary steals money from a ___________.
2. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate is after eating the stolen food?
3. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
(a) All of these.
(b) She sneaks out of her house.
(c) She helps in the village.
(d) She promises to get money for her.
4. What scares Hillary when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
(a) The eerie light from Sara-Kate's house.
(b) Getting caught by her father.
(c) The bird calls.
(d) The storm coming.
5. Why doesn't Sara-Kate ask others for help?
(a) They will take her away from her mother.
(b) They will send her to her father.
(c) They will sell the house.
(d) They will hurt her.
6. What kind of bill did Hillary help Sara-Kate pay?
(a) The utilities bill.
(b) The water bill.
(c) The phone bill.
(d) The electric bill.
7. What is the word used most to describe Sara-Kate's house?
8. What does Hillary do that worries Jane?
(a) Talks about the elves.
(b) Prays for Sara-Kate's mother.
(c) Cries for no reason.
(d) Mutters under her breath for the memories to stop.
9. Who does Hillary think could catch her when she leaves her house after learning her father saw Sara-Kate?
(a) Her father.
(c) Sara-Kate's mother.
(d) Her mother.
10. What litters the ground in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
(b) Match sticks.
11. What does Hillary think Sara-Kate is when they are reunited?
(a) An abused child.
(b) A guardian.
(c) A witch.
(d) An elf.
12. What kind of noise does Hillary hear from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
13. What is the second test Sara-Kate gives Hillary when they are reunited?
(a) She has to work hard in the snow.
(b) She has to get some money for her.
(c) She has to leave her old friends.
(d) She has to believe in the magic.
14. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
15. What is the weather like when Hillary learns her father saw Sara-Kate?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Hillary steal?
2. What does Hillary do when people talk about Sara-Kate while she is gone?
3. Why does Hillary hurry out of Sara-Kate's house when someone comes looking for her there?
4. What does Hillary want to do when she first hears the sound from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
5. What is Hillary uncertain of when she sees Sara-Kate's mother in her house?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)