|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Hillary blame for the strange scene she sees upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Her mind.
(c) The elves.
2. Who comes looking for Hillary when she is in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Her father.
(b) Jane and Alison.
(c) Her mother,
(d) Her brother.
3. What does Hillary want to do when she first hears the sound from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Gets her father.
(d) Checks it out.
4. What bombards Hillary after she goes into Sara-Kate's house?
(b) Elf sights.
5. How does Hillary describe the time she spent while Sara-Kate was absent?
6. How does Sara-Kate feel while eating the stolen food?
7. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate has taught her to do?
(a) View the world in a different way.
(b) Believe in magic.
(c) See the hearts of others.
(d) Disobey others.
8. What has Sara-Kate been struggling to do while she has been absent?
(a) Staying ahead in school.
(b) Keeping her mother happy.
(c) Keeping the elf village safe.
(d) Providing for herself and her mother.
9. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
(a) She helps in the village.
(b) She promises to get money for her.
(c) All of these.
(d) She sneaks out of her house.
10. What does Sara-Kate fix in the village?
(a) The ferris wheel.
(b) The tin pan.
(c) The library.
(d) The houses.
11. What makes Sara-Kate end her friendship with Hillary?
(a) Ruining part of the eld village.
(b) Hearing her spread a rumor.
(c) The discovery of the truth.
(d) Staying friends with Jane.
12. What kind of noise does Hillary hear from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
13. What does Mr. Lenox plan to build for his plants?
(a) A trellis.
(c) Some arches.
14. What is Hillary uncertain of when she sees Sara-Kate's mother in her house?
(a) Whether or not she is alive.
(b) Whether or not she is sick.
(c) Whether or not she is crazy.
(d) Whether or not she is real.
15. What does Hillary think of the light coming from the room upstairs?
(a) It is natural.
(b) It is foreboding.
(c) It is magical.
(d) It is evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sara-Kate say she will always live?
2. What does Hillary do after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
3. From whom does Hillary steal money?
4. How does Sara-Kate act when she asks Hillary for something when they are reunited?
5. How does Hillary feel after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)