|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Sara-Kate's house look like it has been abandoned?
2. Why does Hillary hurry out of Sara-Kate's house when someone comes looking for her there?
(a) She hates being in the house.
(b) She doesn't want Sara-Kate to answer the question.
(c) She doesn't want people to get suspicious.
(d) She is late.
3. Who pretends to be Pierre?
(a) Sara-Kate's mother.
4. What kind of noise does Hillary hear from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
5. What does Hillary offer to help Sara-Kate with when they are reunited?
(a) Helping her with the school work she has missed.
(b) Buying some groceries.
(c) Cleaning her house.
(d) Re-building the village.
6. How do most people feel when Sara-Kate is absent?
7. How does Hillary feel after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
8. What does Hillary take with her when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
(a) Her cell phone.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) The map.
(d) Some food.
9. How does Hillary describe Sara-Kate's mother?
10. What would Hillary never have done before meeting Sara-Kate?
(a) Be rude to her friends.
(b) Break rules.
(c) All of these.
(d) Dance outside.
11. What is Hillary's total at the register?
12. How does Sara-Kate say she sometimes fills in the gaps when she is low on money?
(a) She goes hungry.
(b) She steals.
(c) She begs.
(d) She works.
13. What does Hillary think of the light coming from the room upstairs?
(a) It is magical.
(b) It is foreboding.
(c) It is natural.
(d) It is evil.
14. What does Hillary ask Sara-Kate when they are in the house together?
(a) If she is an elf.
(b) If she wants help.
(c) If they are friends.
(d) If her mother will live.
15. What is in a circle in the living room of Sara-Kate's house?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Sara-Kate ask others for help?
2. Where does Hillary see magic when she is reunited with Sara-Kate?
3. What did Mr. Lenox see Sara-Kate doing?
4. What is the first human need Sara-Kate shows?
5. What does Hillary do that worries Jane?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)