|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of bill did Hillary help Sara-Kate pay?
(a) The utilities bill.
(b) The phone bill.
(c) The water bill.
(d) The electric bill.
2. What scares Hillary when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
(a) Getting caught by her father.
(b) The storm coming.
(c) The eerie light from Sara-Kate's house.
(d) The bird calls.
3. How does Sara-Kate say she sometimes fills in the gaps when she is low on money?
(a) She begs.
(b) She works.
(c) She steals.
(d) She goes hungry.
4. What is Pierre's nickname?
(a) Pierre the Pig.
(b) Pierre the Portman.
(c) Pierre the Pathway.
(d) Pierre the Package.
5. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
6. Where has Hillary never been without an adult before?
(a) The pharmacy.
(b) The post office.
(c) The supermarket.
(d) The mall.
7. What is the word used most to describe Sara-Kate's house?
8. Why doesn't Sara-Kate ask others for help?
(a) They will hurt her.
(b) They will send her to her father.
(c) They will sell the house.
(d) They will take her away from her mother.
9. What does Hillary take with her when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
(a) A flashlight.
(b) The map.
(c) Her cell phone.
(d) Some food.
10. What does Hillary do when people talk about Sara-Kate while she is gone?
(a) Changes the subject.
(b) Defends her.
11. What is Hillary's total at the register?
12. What does Sara-Kate do while making a meal with the stolen food?
(b) All of these.
13. What is Sara-Kate sitting on when Hillary finds her in the house?
(a) A table.
(b) The floor.
(c) A pile of dirty clothes.
(d) A rocking chair.
14. Where in the house does Sara-Kate eat the stolen food?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The bedroom.
(c) The living room.
(d) The bathroom.
15. Hillary thinks the light coming from Sara-Kate's upstairs room is _________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Hillary blame for the strange scene she sees upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
2. What makes Sara-Kate end her friendship with Hillary?
3. How does Sara-Kate feel when Hillary brings her the stolen food?
4. What was Sara-Kate doing when Hillary's father saw her?
5. What does Hillary think Sara-Kate is meant to protect?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)