|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hillary steals money from a ___________.
2. What does Hillary want to do when she first hears the sound from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Gets her father.
(b) Runs away.
(c) Calls the police.
(d) Checks it out.
3. What causes Sara-Kate to go inside while working with Hillary again?
(a) Hillary asks about Sara-Kate's mother.
(b) Her mother appears in the window.
(c) A bell chimes.
(d) Her fingers go numb.
4. What does Hillary think of the light coming from the room upstairs?
(a) It is foreboding.
(b) It is natural.
(c) It is magical.
(d) It is evil.
5. Who comes looking for Hillary when she is in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Jane and Alison.
(d) Her mother,
6. How does Sara-Kate describe Hillary's world?
7. What does Sara-Kate drink while pretending to be Pierre?
8. How does Sara-Kate say she sometimes fills in the gaps when she is low on money?
(a) She steals.
(b) She goes hungry.
(c) She begs.
(d) She works.
9. What is Hillary doing for the first time when she goes to see Sara-Kate at night?
(a) Going outside after dark.
(b) Keeping a secret.
(c) Being disobedient.
(d) Facing her fears.
10. Hillary thinks the light coming from Sara-Kate's upstairs room is _________.
11. How does Hillary describe Sara-Kate's mother?
12. What would Hillary never have done before meeting Sara-Kate?
(a) Break rules.
(b) All of these.
(c) Be rude to her friends.
(d) Dance outside.
13. How does Sara-Kate react to seeing Hillary in her house?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She is angry.
14. Sara-Kate and Hillary have to save the elf village from ______________.
15. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
(a) She helps in the village.
(b) She promises to get money for her.
(c) All of these.
(d) She sneaks out of her house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign is there to support Hillary's belief of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
2. Where in the house does Sara-Kate eat the stolen food?
3. Who tells Sara-Kate what to do in her home?
4. How long does Sara-Kate's house look like it has been abandoned?
5. From whom does Hillary steal money?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)