|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Hillary describe Sara-Kate's mother?
2. What does Sara-Kate drink while pretending to be Pierre?
3. Why does Hillary hurry out of Sara-Kate's house when someone comes looking for her there?
(a) She doesn't want Sara-Kate to answer the question.
(b) She hates being in the house.
(c) She doesn't want people to get suspicious.
(d) She is late.
4. What does Hillary think of the light coming from the room upstairs?
(a) It is natural.
(b) It is magical.
(c) It is evil.
(d) It is foreboding.
5. Who comes looking for Hillary when she is in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Jane and Alison.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother,
6. What bombards Hillary after she goes into Sara-Kate's house?
(b) Elf sights.
7. What does Hillary want to do when she first hears the sound from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Calls the police.
(b) Checks it out.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Gets her father.
8. What is Hillary's total at the register?
9. What is Hillary doing for the first time when she goes to see Sara-Kate at night?
(a) Being disobedient.
(b) Going outside after dark.
(c) Keeping a secret.
(d) Facing her fears.
10. What was Sara-Kate doing when Hillary's father saw her?
(b) Buying groceries.
(c) Running home.
(d) Working in the yard.
11. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
(a) All of these.
(b) She sneaks out of her house.
(c) She helps in the village.
(d) She promises to get money for her.
12. What does Sara-Kate threaten as Hillary leaves her house?
(a) To tell her father.
(b) To spread rumors about her.
(c) To kill her.
(d) To not be her friend.
13. Where did the girls learn about Pierre?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) A book.
(d) A magazine.
14. How long does Sara-Kate's house look like it has been abandoned?
15. How does Sara-Kate feel when Hillary brings her the stolen food?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate is after eating the stolen food?
2. What was Hillary hoping to see more of while working with Sara-Kate in the backyard again?
3. Who makes it clear to Hillary that Sara-Kate is still around?
4. What sign is there to support Hillary's belief of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
5. Whom does Hillary blame for the strange scene she sees upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)