|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate do for the first time when Hillary brings her the stolen food?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Invites her inside.
(d) Introduces her mother.
2. Who sends Sara-Kate money?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her grandparents.
(c) An uncle.
(d) The social worker.
3. How does Hillary feel after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
4. What does Hillary ask Sara-Kate when they are in the house together?
(a) If her mother will live.
(b) If she wants help.
(c) If they are friends.
(d) If she is an elf.
5. What does Sara-Kate do while making a meal with the stolen food?
(c) All of these.
6. Who makes it clear to Hillary that Sara-Kate is still around?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
7. What does Sara-Kate fix in the village?
(a) The tin pan.
(b) The houses.
(c) The library.
(d) The ferris wheel.
8. How does Hillary explain away what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) It was a nightmare.
(b) It was a figment of her imagination.
(c) It looked worse in the dark.
(d) It is an elf illusion.
9. Where does Sara-Kate say she will always live?
(a) The fringe of society.
(b) With her mother.
(c) In that house.
(d) Near the elves.
10. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
(a) She helps in the village.
(b) She sneaks out of her house.
(c) She promises to get money for her.
(d) All of these.
11. Where does Hillary think Sara-Kate went when she enters the house?
(a) The store.
(c) An asylum.
(d) The hospital.
12. What kind of bill did Hillary help Sara-Kate pay?
(a) The phone bill.
(b) The electric bill.
(c) The water bill.
(d) The utilities bill.
13. From whom does Hillary steal money?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her father.
14. What does Hillary take with her when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
(a) Some food.
(b) A flashlight.
(c) The map.
(d) Her cell phone.
15. What disappoints Hillary when she works on the elf village again?
(a) It is hard work.
(b) She can't stay long.
(c) They were not protected from snow.
(d) Sara-Kate doesn't talk much.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saw Sara-Kate eating berries in the yard?
2. What is Sara-Kate sitting on when Hillary finds her in the house?
3. What is Hillary's total at the register?
4. What causes Sara-Kate to go inside while working with Hillary again?
5. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary to do when she leaves the house?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)