|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hillary think Sara-Kate is meant to protect?
(a) Her mother.
2. What does Hillary do that worries Jane?
(a) Prays for Sara-Kate's mother.
(b) Mutters under her breath for the memories to stop.
(c) Cries for no reason.
(d) Talks about the elves.
3. What is Sara-Kate doing when Hillary finds her in the house?
(d) Caring for her mother.
4. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary for when they are reunited?
5. What does Mr. Lenox plan to build for his plants?
(b) Some arches.
(c) A trellis.
6. What is the first test Sara-Kate gives Hillary when they are reunited?
(a) She has to work hard in the snow.
(b) She has to believe in the magic.
(c) She has to leave her old friends.
(d) She has to get some money for her.
7. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
8. Who sends Sara-Kate money?
(a) Her grandparents.
(b) An uncle.
(c) The social worker.
(d) Her father.
9. How does Sara-Kate feel when Hillary brings her the stolen food?
10. How long does Sara-Kate's house look like it has been abandoned?
11. What bombards Hillary after she goes into Sara-Kate's house?
(c) Elf sights.
12. What did Sara-Kate say elves never did unless they got too cold?
(b) Ate food.
(c) Wore coats.
(d) Went inside.
13. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary to do when she leaves the house?
(a) Forget their friendship.
(b) Never tell anyone about her house.
(c) Forget what she saw.
(d) Help her.
14. Whom does Hillary play with after seeing Sara-Kate's house?
(b) Her imaginary friends.
(d) Her parents.
15. From whom does Hillary steal money?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary want to do when she first hears the sound from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
2. How does Hillary feel about the circle in Sara-Kate's living room?
3. What does Hillary say rested while Sara-Kate was absent?
4. How does Hillary describe Sara-Kate's mother?
5. What has Sara-Kate been struggling to do while she has been absent?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)