|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
2. What is the weather like when Hillary learns her father saw Sara-Kate?
3. Where does Hillary see magic when she is reunited with Sara-Kate?
(a) The ferris wheel.
(b) The roads.
(c) Sara-Kate's eyes.
(d) The tin pan.
4. What causes Sara-Kate to go inside while working with Hillary again?
(a) Her fingers go numb.
(b) Hillary asks about Sara-Kate's mother.
(c) Her mother appears in the window.
(d) A bell chimes.
5. What does Hillary shoplift?
6. Where does Sara-Kate say she will always live?
(a) In that house.
(b) With her mother.
(c) Near the elves.
(d) The fringe of society.
7. What cancels school after Hillary and Sara-Kate are reunited?
(a) There is a broken water main at the school.
(b) There is a teacher's strike.
(c) There is a fire at the school.
(d) There is a blizzard.
8. Whom does Hillary tell about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Her teacher.
(c) Her father.
9. How does Hillary explain away what she saw in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) It looked worse in the dark.
(b) It was a nightmare.
(c) It was a figment of her imagination.
(d) It is an elf illusion.
10. How does Hillary describe Sara-Kate's mother?
11. What does Hillary want to do when she first hears the sound from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Checks it out.
(b) Gets her father.
(c) Runs away.
(d) Calls the police.
12. What disappoints Hillary when she works on the elf village again?
(a) It is hard work.
(b) Sara-Kate doesn't talk much.
(c) She can't stay long.
(d) They were not protected from snow.
13. What makes Sara-Kate end her friendship with Hillary?
(a) The discovery of the truth.
(b) Ruining part of the eld village.
(c) Hearing her spread a rumor.
(d) Staying friends with Jane.
14. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate is after eating the stolen food?
15. What does Hillary offer to help Sara-Kate with when they are reunited?
(a) Cleaning her house.
(b) Buying some groceries.
(c) Helping her with the school work she has missed.
(d) Re-building the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
2. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary to do when she leaves the house?
3. Who comes looking for Hillary when she is in Sara-Kate's house?
4. What does Sara-Kate plan to do with what she asks Hillary for when they are reunited?
5. How does Hillary feel about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)