|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What cancels school after Hillary and Sara-Kate are reunited?
(a) There is a broken water main at the school.
(b) There is a blizzard.
(c) There is a teacher's strike.
(d) There is a fire at the school.
2. How does Sara-Kate feel when Hillary approaches her at night?
(a) She faints.
(b) She invites her over the next day.
(c) She breaks down in tears.
(d) She throws things at her.
3. What does Hillary do when people talk about Sara-Kate while she is gone?
(a) Defends her.
(c) Changes the subject.
4. What does Hillary want to do when she first hears the sound from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Runs away.
(b) Calls the police.
(c) Gets her father.
(d) Checks it out.
5. What litters the ground in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
(d) Match sticks.
6. Who pretends to be Pierre?
(b) Sara-Kate's mother.
7. How does Sara-Kate feel when Hillary brings her the stolen food?
8. What does Hillary take with her when she leaves her house after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
(a) The map.
(b) Her cell phone.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) Some food.
9. Where does Sara-Kate say she will always live?
(a) With her mother.
(b) The fringe of society.
(c) In that house.
(d) Near the elves.
10. What does Mr. Lenox plan to build for his plants?
(c) A trellis.
(d) Some arches.
11. What is in a circle in the living room of Sara-Kate's house?
12. What is wrong with Pierre?
(a) He has no arms or legs.
(b) He hears voices.
(c) He is blind.
(d) He is deaf.
13. What kind of noise does Hillary hear from upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
14. What is Sara-Kate doing when Hillary finds her in the house?
(c) Caring for her mother.
15. What did Mr. Lenox see Sara-Kate doing?
(b) Running home.
(c) Working in her back yard.
(d) Crying on the doorstep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hillary doing for the first time when she goes to see Sara-Kate at night?
2. What makes Sara-Kate end her friendship with Hillary?
3. Who makes it clear to Hillary that Sara-Kate is still around?
4. What is the weather like when Hillary learns her father saw Sara-Kate?
5. Who tells Sara-Kate what to do in her home?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)