|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes it clear to Hillary that Sara-Kate is still around?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
2. What does Hillary ask Sara-Kate when they are in the house together?
(a) If they are friends.
(b) If her mother will live.
(c) If she is an elf.
(d) If she wants help.
3. What causes Hillary to climb the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
4. How does Sara-Kate say she sometimes fills in the gaps when she is low on money?
(a) She steals.
(b) She works.
(c) She begs.
(d) She goes hungry.
5. How does Sara-Kate feel while eating the stolen food?
6. What is Mr. Lenox looking for when school is canceled?
(a) A snow shovel.
(b) His cell phone.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A screwdriver.
7. What sign is there to support Hillary's belief of Sara-Kate after they are reunited?
(a) She is sneaky.
(b) She runs fast.
(c) She is not like any other person.
(d) All of these.
8. How does Sara-Kate feel when Hillary brings her the stolen food?
9. What is Hillary uncertain of when she sees Sara-Kate's mother in her house?
(a) Whether or not she is sick.
(b) Whether or not she is crazy.
(c) Whether or not she is real.
(d) Whether or not she is alive.
10. What kind of bill did Hillary help Sara-Kate pay?
(a) The electric bill.
(b) The phone bill.
(c) The utilities bill.
(d) The water bill.
11. Who comes looking for Hillary when she is in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Jane and Alison.
(d) Her mother,
12. What is wrong with Pierre?
(a) He is blind.
(b) He hears voices.
(c) He is deaf.
(d) He has no arms or legs.
13. Whom does Hillary tell about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) Her teacher.
(c) Her father.
14. What is the first test Sara-Kate gives Hillary when they are reunited?
(a) She has to leave her old friends.
(b) She has to get some money for her.
(c) She has to work hard in the snow.
(d) She has to believe in the magic.
15. How do most people feel when Sara-Kate is absent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Lenox plan to build for his plants?
2. How does Hillary feel about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
3. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
4. Where did the girls learn about Pierre?
5. What is in a circle in the living room of Sara-Kate's house?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)