|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary to do when she leaves the house?
(a) Help her.
(b) Forget what she saw.
(c) Never tell anyone about her house.
(d) Forget their friendship.
2. What does Hillary get ready for as she climbs the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) To see the elves.
(b) To be scared.
(c) To fight a demon.
(d) To find Sara-Kate.
3. What shows Hillary's devotion to Sara-Kate?
(a) She promises to get money for her.
(b) She sneaks out of her house.
(c) She helps in the village.
(d) All of these.
4. How does Sara-Kate feel when Hillary approaches her at night?
(a) She faints.
(b) She throws things at her.
(c) She invites her over the next day.
(d) She breaks down in tears.
5. What is the first human need Sara-Kate shows?
(a) She is hungry.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is cold.
(d) She is tired.
6. What makes Sara-Kate end her friendship with Hillary?
(a) The discovery of the truth.
(b) Hearing her spread a rumor.
(c) Ruining part of the eld village.
(d) Staying friends with Jane.
7. How does Hillary respond to Sara-Kate's request of her when they are reunited?
(a) She refuses.
(b) She says she will ask her father.
(c) She pretends she didn't hear.
(d) She promises to help.
8. What does Hillary do after hearing her father saw Sara-Kate?
(a) Calls Sara-Kate.
(b) Tells her father about the house.
(c) Adds to her map.
(d) Sneaks out of her house.
9. How does Hillary describe the time she spent while Sara-Kate was absent?
10. What is wrong with Pierre?
(a) He is deaf.
(b) He hears voices.
(c) He has no arms or legs.
(d) He is blind.
11. What does Sara-Kate plan to do with what she asks Hillary for when they are reunited?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) The elves.
12. Why does Hillary hurry out of Sara-Kate's house when someone comes looking for her there?
(a) She doesn't want people to get suspicious.
(b) She hates being in the house.
(c) She doesn't want Sara-Kate to answer the question.
(d) She is late.
13. What does Hillary want to believe in when she is with Sara-Kate?
(a) Her imagination.
(b) The elves.
(c) Sara's lies.
(d) Her instincts.
14. What does Hillary do when people talk about Sara-Kate while she is gone?
(a) Changes the subject.
(d) Defends her.
15. What litters the ground in the second room of Sara-Kate's house?
(b) Match sticks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of bill did Hillary help Sara-Kate pay?
2. What does Sara-Kate drink while pretending to be Pierre?
3. What does Mr. Lenox plan to build for his plants?
4. What is Hillary uncertain of when she sees Sara-Kate's mother in her house?
5. How does Sara-Kate act when she asks Hillary for something when they are reunited?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)