|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Sara-Kate think she can be like Hillary?
(a) She is not like her.
(b) She is not smart enough.
(c) The elves won't let her.
(d) She has no real guidance.
2. What does Sara-Kate ask Hillary to do when she leaves the house?
(a) Forget what she saw.
(b) Help her.
(c) Never tell anyone about her house.
(d) Forget their friendship.
3. Who tells Sara-Kate what to do in her home?
(a) The social worker.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
4. How does Hillary feel about what she sees in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) She is relieved,
(b) She is horrified.
(c) She is amazed.
(d) She is angry.
5. How do most people feel when Sara-Kate is absent?
6. What does Sara-Kate do for the first time when Hillary brings her the stolen food?
(a) Invites her inside.
(c) Introduces her mother.
(d) Hugs her.
7. What is the first test Sara-Kate gives Hillary when they are reunited?
(a) She has to leave her old friends.
(b) She has to believe in the magic.
(c) She has to get some money for her.
(d) She has to work hard in the snow.
8. What cancels school after Hillary and Sara-Kate are reunited?
(a) There is a fire at the school.
(b) There is a blizzard.
(c) There is a teacher's strike.
(d) There is a broken water main at the school.
9. What does Hillary get ready for as she climbs the stairs in Sara-Kate's house?
(a) To fight a demon.
(b) To see the elves.
(c) To be scared.
(d) To find Sara-Kate.
10. Whom does Hillary blame for the strange scene she sees upstairs in Sara-Kate's house?
(c) The elves.
(d) Her mind.
11. What kind of bill did Hillary help Sara-Kate pay?
(a) The utilities bill.
(b) The water bill.
(c) The electric bill.
(d) The phone bill.
12. What does Hillary shoplift?
13. Why does Hillary say she doesn't see elves in Sara-Kate's upstairs room?
(a) They heard her coming.
(b) They aren't real.
(c) They still don't trust her.
(d) Sara-Kate killed them.
14. What is Sara-Kate sitting on when Hillary finds her in the house?
(a) A table.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) The floor.
(d) A pile of dirty clothes.
15. How does Sara-Kate say she sometimes fills in the gaps when she is low on money?
(a) She goes hungry.
(b) She steals.
(c) She works.
(d) She begs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Hillary think could catch her when she leaves her house after learning her father saw Sara-Kate?
2. What does Sara-Kate do while making a meal with the stolen food?
3. What is Hillary's total at the register?
4. What does Sara-Kate plan to do with what she asks Hillary for when they are reunited?
5. What is the word used most to describe Sara-Kate's house?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)