|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is taken of the bike wheel that makes the ferris wheel?
(a) The pedal.
(b) The tire.
(c) The spokes.
(d) The tread.
2. Mr. Lenox like to talk to __________.
(a) His plants.
(b) His dog.
(c) His rocks.
(d) His artwork.
3. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
(a) They don't fit right.
(b) They are always wrinkled.
(c) They never match.
(d) They are dirty.
4. What subject makes Sara-Kate lash out in anger?
(a) Her house.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her health.
5. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) In her room.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) On the fence.
(d) Under the tree.
6. Why is Hillary so surprised by the way Sara-Kate acts when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) She is unpredictable.
(b) She invited her.
(c) She was angry at school.
(d) She has never acted like that before.
7. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves won't show themselves to Hillary?
(a) They don't believe in them.
(b) It is too soon.
(c) They have been hurt by humans in the past.
(d) It is too light.
8. Where is the elf village?
(a) The empty lot.
(b) A weed bramble.
(c) Hillary's bedroom.
(d) Sara's back yard.
9. How is Hillary's home described?
10. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
(a) Her mother is at work.
(b) Her mother forgot.
(c) Her mother is sick.
(d) Her mother is sleeping.
11. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) Her mother's warning.
(b) Sara-Kate's tantrum.
(c) Elf music.
(d) Her friends' voices.
12. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate stealing from her father's garden?
(b) All of these.
13. Why do the girls help the elves build something?
(a) They want the elves to trust them.
(b) They get bored.
(c) The elves asked for help.
(d) The elves are not good at building roads.
14. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
(a) She made a promise.
(b) She is paying her.
(c) She put a spell on her.
(d) She spread rumors.
15. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) She is friendly.
(b) She is shy.
(c) She is ambivalent.
(d) She is angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
2. What nick-name does Jane give Sara-Kate at school?
3. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
4. What happens in the weather that is strange for the time of year?
5. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate looks like when she gets mad?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)