|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She is cruel.
(c) She is kind.
(d) She is condescending.
2. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
(a) She refuses to help with homework.
(b) She pretends not to see her.
(c) She says her mother doesn't want her to play.
(d) She doesn't stop Jane from teasing her.
3. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
(a) A thresher.
(b) A water well.
(c) A ferris wheel.
(d) A store.
4. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) She is ambivalent.
(b) She is shy.
(c) She is friendly.
(d) She is angry.
5. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate stealing from her father's garden?
(b) All of these.
6. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) She doesn't want her mother to see her.
(b) She wants to see the elves.
(c) Sara-Kate is mad at her.
(d) Sara-Kate enters the village from there.
7. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
(a) She is sickly.
(b) She is suspicious.
(c) She is stupid.
(d) She is odd.
8. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
(a) She will say only nice things.
(b) She will put herself in their place.
(c) She will bring a gift for the elves.
(d) She will stay away until she has happy thoughts.
9. What does Hillary enjoy about making the elf map?
(a) Doing something Sara-Kate can't.
(b) Seeing evidence of the elves.
(c) Using her knowledge.
(d) Getting away from Sara-Kate.
10. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
(a) Wood planks.
(c) Popsicle sticks.
(d) Rubber bands.
11. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) On the fence.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) In her room.
(d) Under the tree.
12. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
(c) Writes it down.
(d) Talks back.
13. How is Hillary's home described?
14. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
(a) They only come out at night.
(b) They hide from people.
(c) They camoflague well.
(d) They are invisible.
15. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
(a) She is paying her.
(b) She spread rumors.
(c) She put a spell on her.
(d) She made a promise.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Lenox like to talk to __________.
2. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
3. Why do the girls help the elves build something?
4. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
5. Where did Hillary learn to make maps?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)