|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
(a) Filling out paperwork.
(b) Building models.
(c) Watching TV.
(d) Fixing his back yard.
2. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
(a) She is stupid.
(b) She is suspicious.
(c) She is sickly.
(d) She is odd.
3. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
(a) She is too poor for regular food.
(b) She is an old woman in a girl's body.
(c) She has food allergies.
(d) She is sick.
4. Why do the girls help the elves build something?
(a) The elves asked for help.
(b) The elves are not good at building roads.
(c) They want the elves to trust them.
(d) They get bored.
5. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
(a) A trap.
(b) A starlight catcher.
(c) A power house.
(d) A swimming pool.
6. What subject makes Sara-Kate lash out in anger?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her house.
7. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
(a) She can't figure out how it is powered.
(b) There is nothing else left of the bike.
(c) It sings to her.
(d) It appeared one day.
8. What does Hillary enjoy about making the elf map?
(a) Seeing evidence of the elves.
(b) Getting away from Sara-Kate.
(c) Using her knowledge.
(d) Doing something Sara-Kate can't.
9. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
(a) Rubber bands.
(b) Popsicle sticks.
(c) Wood planks.
10. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
(d) Late night.
11. How is Hillary's home described?
12. Who shows Hillary the elf village?
(a) Hillary's father.
13. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
(a) The ant hills.
(b) The broken glass.
(c) The sticky tar.
(d) The poison ivy.
14. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate looks like when she gets mad?
(a) A hedgehog.
(b) A cartoon.
(c) A crazy person.
(d) A witch.
15. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
(a) She will stay away until she has happy thoughts.
(b) She will put herself in their place.
(c) She will say only nice things.
(d) She will bring a gift for the elves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
2. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
3. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
4. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
5. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)