|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
(a) A power house.
(b) A starlight catcher.
(c) A trap.
(d) A swimming pool.
2. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
(a) She is sickly.
(b) She is stupid.
(c) She is suspicious.
(d) She is odd.
3. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
(a) Late night.
4. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
(a) They are always wrinkled.
(b) They are dirty.
(c) They never match.
(d) They don't fit right.
5. What does Sara-Kate eat for lunch at school?
(a) White bread.
(c) Corn hash.
(d) Cream of Wheat.
6. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
(a) She is kind.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She is cruel.
(d) She is condescending.
7. Who/what does Hillary think made the elf village?
8. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
(a) Her mother is at work.
(b) Her mother forgot.
(c) Her mother is sick.
(d) Her mother is sleeping.
9. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate looks like when she gets mad?
(a) A witch.
(b) A hedgehog.
(c) A cartoon.
(d) A crazy person.
10. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
(a) Talks back.
(d) Writes it down.
11. Where is the elf village?
(a) Hillary's bedroom.
(b) The empty lot.
(c) Sara's back yard.
(d) A weed bramble.
12. How is Hillary's home described?
13. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
14. What happens in the weather that is strange for the time of year?
(a) It gets warm.
(b) It gets rainy.
(c) It snows.
(d) It gets cooler.
15. Why do Hillary's parents not listen to her about the elves?
(a) They are busy.
(b) They don't believe in magic.
(c) They don't like the neighbors.
(d) They are tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
2. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
3. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
4. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate stealing from her father's garden?
5. What are elf houses built out of?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)