|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nick-name does Jane give Sara-Kate at school?
2. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) Her mother's warning.
(b) Elf music.
(c) Her friends' voices.
(d) Sara-Kate's tantrum.
3. What happens in the weather that is strange for the time of year?
(a) It gets cooler.
(b) It gets rainy.
(c) It snows.
(d) It gets warm.
4. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
(a) A thresher.
(b) A water well.
(c) A store.
(d) A ferris wheel.
5. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
(a) She is an old woman in a girl's body.
(b) She is too poor for regular food.
(c) She has food allergies.
(d) She is sick.
6. Where is the elf village?
(a) A weed bramble.
(b) The empty lot.
(c) Sara's back yard.
(d) Hillary's bedroom.
7. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
(a) The poison ivy.
(b) The ant hills.
(c) The broken glass.
(d) The sticky tar.
8. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
(a) She will say only nice things.
(b) She will stay away until she has happy thoughts.
(c) She will bring a gift for the elves.
(d) She will put herself in their place.
9. Why does Sara-Kate not wear extra clothes when it gets cold?
(a) She likes feeling cold.
(b) She has thick skin.
(c) She doesn't have more clothes.
(d) All of these.
10. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
(a) They are dirty.
(b) They are always wrinkled.
(c) They don't fit right.
(d) They never match.
11. What does Alison say Sara-Kate stole?
(a) A bike.
(b) A scooter.
(c) A garbage can.
(d) A bag of groceries.
12. How is Hillary's home described?
13. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
(a) Her mother is sick.
(b) Her mother is at work.
(c) Her mother forgot.
(d) Her mother is sleeping.
14. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
(a) They camoflague well.
(b) They hide from people.
(c) They only come out at night.
(d) They are invisible.
15. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) Under the tree.
(b) On the fence.
(c) In her room.
(d) In the backyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
2. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
3. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
4. Why does Sara-Kate have to go to the drugstore?
5. Who/what does Hillary think made the elf village?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)