|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
(a) A power house.
(b) A starlight catcher.
(c) A trap.
(d) A swimming pool.
2. How is Hillary's home described?
3. What is captivating to Hillary about Sara-Kate?
(a) Her appearance.
(b) The back yard.
(c) Her independance.
(d) The elf village.
4. What are elf houses built out of?
(d) All of these.
5. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
(a) She will stay away until she has happy thoughts.
(b) She will say only nice things.
(c) She will put herself in their place.
(d) She will bring a gift for the elves.
6. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) She wants to see the elves.
(b) Sara-Kate enters the village from there.
(c) Sara-Kate is mad at her.
(d) She doesn't want her mother to see her.
7. Why do Hillary's parents not listen to her about the elves?
(a) They are busy.
(b) They don't believe in magic.
(c) They are tired.
(d) They don't like the neighbors.
8. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
(a) The ant hills.
(b) The broken glass.
(c) The poison ivy.
(d) The sticky tar.
9. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
(a) A trap.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A power house.
(d) A starlight catcher.
10. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
11. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
(a) A child.
(b) A human.
(c) A girl.
(d) An adult.
12. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) On the fence.
(b) Under the tree.
(c) In her room.
(d) In the backyard.
13. What subject makes Sara-Kate lash out in anger?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her father.
14. Why do the girls help the elves build something?
(a) They want the elves to trust them.
(b) They get bored.
(c) The elves asked for help.
(d) The elves are not good at building roads.
15. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He is cazy.
(c) He is in jail.
(d) He ran away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
2. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate looks like when she gets mad?
3. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
4. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
5. What does Sara-Kate eat for lunch at school?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)