|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
(a) She says her mother doesn't want her to play.
(b) She doesn't stop Jane from teasing her.
(c) She pretends not to see her.
(d) She refuses to help with homework.
2. What are elf houses built out of?
(a) All of these.
3. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
(a) Foot steps.
(b) Telepathic vibes.
(c) Blowing wind.
(d) Nature sounds.
4. Where did Hillary learn to make maps?
(b) A workshop.
(c) Her father.
5. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
(a) She is cruel.
(b) She is kind.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She is condescending.
6. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
(a) A thresher.
(b) A ferris wheel.
(c) A water well.
(d) A store.
7. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) On the fence.
(b) In her room.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) Under the tree.
8. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
(b) Late night.
9. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
(a) It starts to get dark.
(b) She hears a tinkling.
(c) She gets a tickly feeling.
(d) She gets all itchy.
10. What does Hillary enjoy about making the elf map?
(a) Doing something Sara-Kate can't.
(b) Getting away from Sara-Kate.
(c) Seeing evidence of the elves.
(d) Using her knowledge.
11. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate looks like when she gets mad?
(a) A witch.
(b) A crazy person.
(c) A cartoon.
(d) A hedgehog.
12. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
(a) She is suspicious.
(b) She is sickly.
(c) She is odd.
(d) She is stupid.
13. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
(c) Talks back.
(d) Writes it down.
14. Who shows Hillary the elf village?
(a) Hillary's father.
15. What happens in the weather that is strange for the time of year?
(a) It gets warm.
(b) It gets rainy.
(c) It snows.
(d) It gets cooler.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
2. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
3. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
4. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves won't show themselves to Hillary?
5. Who/what does Hillary think made the elf village?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)