|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
(a) Her mother forgot.
(b) Her mother is sick.
(c) Her mother is at work.
(d) Her mother is sleeping.
2. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
(d) Late night.
3. What does Sara-Kate eat for lunch at school?
(a) Cream of Wheat.
(b) Corn hash.
(c) White bread.
4. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She is condescending.
(c) She is cruel.
(d) She is kind.
5. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A power house.
(c) A trap.
(d) A starlight catcher.
6. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He ran away.
(c) He is cazy.
(d) He is in jail.
7. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
(a) A human.
(b) A child.
(c) A girl.
(d) An adult.
8. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
(a) The poison ivy.
(b) The broken glass.
(c) The ant hills.
(d) The sticky tar.
9. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
(a) A water well.
(b) A thresher.
(c) A store.
(d) A ferris wheel.
10. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) On the fence.
(b) In her room.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) Under the tree.
11. Where did Hillary learn to make maps?
(a) A workshop.
(b) Her father.
12. Who/what does Hillary think made the elf village?
13. What is Sara-Kate's last name?
14. Why do Hillary's parents not listen to her about the elves?
(a) They don't like the neighbors.
(b) They are tired.
(c) They are busy.
(d) They don't believe in magic.
15. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate looks like when she gets mad?
(a) A crazy person.
(b) A cartoon.
(c) A hedgehog.
(d) A witch.
Short Answer Questions
1. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
2. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
3. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
4. What is captivating to Hillary about Sara-Kate?
5. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)