|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
(a) There is nothing else left of the bike.
(b) It appeared one day.
(c) It sings to her.
(d) She can't figure out how it is powered.
2. How is Hillary's home described?
3. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) In her room.
(b) In the backyard.
(c) Under the tree.
(d) On the fence.
4. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
(a) She spread rumors.
(b) She put a spell on her.
(c) She made a promise.
(d) She is paying her.
5. Why do Hillary's parents not listen to her about the elves?
(a) They don't believe in magic.
(b) They are tired.
(c) They are busy.
(d) They don't like the neighbors.
6. What nick-name does Jane give Sara-Kate at school?
7. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
(a) A ferris wheel.
(b) A store.
(c) A thresher.
(d) A water well.
8. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
9. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is ambivalent.
(c) She is friendly.
(d) She is shy.
10. Who/what does Hillary think made the elf village?
11. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
(a) She doesn't stop Jane from teasing her.
(b) She pretends not to see her.
(c) She refuses to help with homework.
(d) She says her mother doesn't want her to play.
12. What is taken of the bike wheel that makes the ferris wheel?
(a) The pedal.
(b) The tread.
(c) The tire.
(d) The spokes.
13. What is Sara-Kate's last name?
14. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
(c) Writes it down.
(d) Talks back.
15. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
(a) She is sickly.
(b) She is odd.
(c) She is suspicious.
(d) She is stupid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
2. What subject makes Sara-Kate lash out in anger?
3. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
4. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
5. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate stealing from her father's garden?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)