|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
(a) She refuses to help with homework.
(b) She pretends not to see her.
(c) She says her mother doesn't want her to play.
(d) She doesn't stop Jane from teasing her.
2. What is Sara-Kate's last name?
3. Why do the girls help the elves build something?
(a) The elves asked for help.
(b) They get bored.
(c) The elves are not good at building roads.
(d) They want the elves to trust them.
4. What is captivating to Hillary about Sara-Kate?
(a) The elf village.
(b) Her independance.
(c) The back yard.
(d) Her appearance.
5. What does Alison say Sara-Kate stole?
(a) A bag of groceries.
(b) A bike.
(c) A scooter.
(d) A garbage can.
6. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
(a) She is suspicious.
(b) She is stupid.
(c) She is sickly.
(d) She is odd.
7. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
(a) Building models.
(b) Fixing his back yard.
(c) Watching TV.
(d) Filling out paperwork.
8. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
(a) She is condescending.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She is cruel.
(d) She is kind.
9. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
(a) She is an old woman in a girl's body.
(b) She has food allergies.
(c) She is sick.
(d) She is too poor for regular food.
10. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
(a) The poison ivy.
(b) The ant hills.
(c) The sticky tar.
(d) The broken glass.
11. What nick-name does Jane give Sara-Kate at school?
12. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
(d) Late night.
13. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) She doesn't want her mother to see her.
(b) Sara-Kate is mad at her.
(c) She wants to see the elves.
(d) Sara-Kate enters the village from there.
14. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
(a) She can't figure out how it is powered.
(b) There is nothing else left of the bike.
(c) It appeared one day.
(d) It sings to her.
15. Who shows Hillary the elf village?
(b) Hillary's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
2. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate looks like when she gets mad?
3. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
4. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
5. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)