|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
(a) The poison ivy.
(b) The ant hills.
(c) The sticky tar.
(d) The broken glass.
2. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
(a) They hide from people.
(b) They only come out at night.
(c) They are invisible.
(d) They camoflague well.
3. What is taken of the bike wheel that makes the ferris wheel?
(a) The pedal.
(b) The tire.
(c) The tread.
(d) The spokes.
4. Why does Sara-Kate not wear extra clothes when it gets cold?
(a) All of these.
(b) She likes feeling cold.
(c) She has thick skin.
(d) She doesn't have more clothes.
5. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
(a) She is odd.
(b) She is sickly.
(c) She is suspicious.
(d) She is stupid.
6. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
(a) She can't figure out how it is powered.
(b) There is nothing else left of the bike.
(c) It appeared one day.
(d) It sings to her.
7. What is captivating to Hillary about Sara-Kate?
(a) Her independance.
(b) The back yard.
(c) The elf village.
(d) Her appearance.
8. Who shows Hillary the elf village?
(a) Hillary's father.
9. Why is Hillary so surprised by the way Sara-Kate acts when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) She has never acted like that before.
(b) She invited her.
(c) She is unpredictable.
(d) She was angry at school.
10. What is Sara-Kate's last name?
11. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
(a) Writes it down.
(b) Talks back.
12. What are elf houses built out of?
(c) All of these.
13. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
(d) Late night.
14. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
(a) A trap.
(b) A starlight catcher.
(c) A power house.
(d) A swimming pool.
15. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
(a) She is too poor for regular food.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She has food allergies.
(d) She is an old woman in a girl's body.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
2. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
3. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
4. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
5. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)