|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
(a) They are always wrinkled.
(b) They never match.
(c) They don't fit right.
(d) They are dirty.
2. Who/what does Hillary think made the elf village?
3. Why does Sara-Kate have to go to the drugstore?
(a) To send a letter.
(b) To get some bandages.
(c) To ge a prescription for her mother.
(d) To buy some stamps.
4. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
(a) She pretends not to see her.
(b) She refuses to help with homework.
(c) She doesn't stop Jane from teasing her.
(d) She says her mother doesn't want her to play.
5. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
(a) She is condescending.
(b) She ignores her.
(c) She is kind.
(d) She is cruel.
6. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) She is shy.
(b) She is ambivalent.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is friendly.
7. Who shows Hillary the elf village?
(a) Hillary's father.
8. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
(a) She is paying her.
(b) She put a spell on her.
(c) She made a promise.
(d) She spread rumors.
9. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
(a) A power house.
(b) A trap.
(c) A starlight catcher.
(d) A swimming pool.
10. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
(a) Nature sounds.
(b) Telepathic vibes.
(c) Blowing wind.
(d) Foot steps.
11. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
(a) They camoflague well.
(b) They hide from people.
(c) They only come out at night.
(d) They are invisible.
12. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
(a) Fixing his back yard.
(b) Building models.
(c) Filling out paperwork.
(d) Watching TV.
13. What do the girls help the elves build?
(a) A bridge.
(b) A library.
(c) Some art.
14. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
(a) She will bring a gift for the elves.
(b) She will put herself in their place.
(c) She will stay away until she has happy thoughts.
(d) She will say only nice things.
15. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is captivating to Hillary about Sara-Kate?
2. What is Hillary's last name?
3. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
4. What happens in the weather that is strange for the time of year?
5. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)