|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
(a) She is suspicious.
(b) She is sickly.
(c) She is odd.
(d) She is stupid.
2. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
(a) She hears a tinkling.
(b) She gets a tickly feeling.
(c) She gets all itchy.
(d) It starts to get dark.
3. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
(a) Filling out paperwork.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Fixing his back yard.
(d) Building models.
4. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
(a) It sings to her.
(b) She can't figure out how it is powered.
(c) It appeared one day.
(d) There is nothing else left of the bike.
5. What does Hillary say the ferris wheel looks like when it spins?
(a) A whirligig.
(b) A kaleidoscope.
(c) A dream.
(d) A fanfare.
6. What is taken of the bike wheel that makes the ferris wheel?
(a) The pedal.
(b) The tread.
(c) The tire.
(d) The spokes.
7. What subject makes Sara-Kate lash out in anger?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her house.
8. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
(a) A starlight catcher.
(b) A trap.
(c) A power house.
(d) A swimming pool.
9. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
(a) She ignores her.
(b) She is kind.
(c) She is cruel.
(d) She is condescending.
10. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
(a) They don't fit right.
(b) They never match.
(c) They are always wrinkled.
(d) They are dirty.
11. What are elf houses built out of?
(b) All of these.
12. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
(a) A thresher.
(b) A store.
(c) A water well.
(d) A ferris wheel.
13. Why do Hillary's parents not listen to her about the elves?
(a) They are tired.
(b) They don't believe in magic.
(c) They don't like the neighbors.
(d) They are busy.
14. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
(a) He is in jail.
(b) He is cazy.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He is unemployed.
15. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
(b) Late night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate stealing from her father's garden?
2. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves won't show themselves to Hillary?
3. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
4. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
5. What do the girls help the elves build?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)