|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves won't show themselves to Hillary?
(a) They have been hurt by humans in the past.
(b) They don't believe in them.
(c) It is too light.
(d) It is too soon.
2. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate stealing from her father's garden?
(b) All of these.
3. Who shows Hillary the elf village?
(b) Hillary's father.
4. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) In her room.
(b) Under the tree.
(c) On the fence.
(d) In the backyard.
5. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
(a) Filling out paperwork.
(b) Fixing his back yard.
(c) Watching TV.
(d) Building models.
6. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
(a) Talks back.
(d) Writes it down.
7. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
(a) A starlight catcher.
(b) A swimming pool.
(c) A power house.
(d) A trap.
8. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is ambivalent.
(c) She is friendly.
(d) She is shy.
9. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
10. Where is the elf village?
(a) Hillary's bedroom.
(b) A weed bramble.
(c) The empty lot.
(d) Sara's back yard.
11. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
(a) She spread rumors.
(b) She made a promise.
(c) She put a spell on her.
(d) She is paying her.
12. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He is cazy.
(c) He is in jail.
(d) He ran away.
13. Why does Sara-Kate not wear extra clothes when it gets cold?
(a) She doesn't have more clothes.
(b) She likes feeling cold.
(c) All of these.
(d) She has thick skin.
14. What is taken of the bike wheel that makes the ferris wheel?
(a) The tread.
(b) The tire.
(c) The pedal.
(d) The spokes.
15. Why do the girls help the elves build something?
(a) The elves asked for help.
(b) They want the elves to trust them.
(c) The elves are not good at building roads.
(d) They get bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Hillary's last name?
2. What do the girls help the elves build?
3. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
4. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
5. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)