|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What subject makes Sara-Kate lash out in anger?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her health.
2. What do the girls help the elves build?
(a) Some art.
(c) A library.
(d) A bridge.
3. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves won't show themselves to Hillary?
(a) It is too light.
(b) They don't believe in them.
(c) They have been hurt by humans in the past.
(d) It is too soon.
4. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
(a) They are always wrinkled.
(b) They never match.
(c) They don't fit right.
(d) They are dirty.
5. What is Sara-Kate's last name?
6. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A trap.
(c) A starlight catcher.
(d) A power house.
7. What nick-name does Jane give Sara-Kate at school?
8. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
(a) Fixing his back yard.
(b) Watching TV.
(c) Building models.
(d) Filling out paperwork.
9. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
(a) A water well.
(b) A thresher.
(c) A ferris wheel.
(d) A store.
10. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
(a) The broken glass.
(b) The poison ivy.
(c) The sticky tar.
(d) The ant hills.
11. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
(a) He ran away.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He is cazy.
(d) He is in jail.
12. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
(a) She gets all itchy.
(b) She gets a tickly feeling.
(c) She hears a tinkling.
(d) It starts to get dark.
13. What is captivating to Hillary about Sara-Kate?
(a) The elf village.
(b) Her appearance.
(c) The back yard.
(d) Her independance.
14. Why do Hillary's parents not listen to her about the elves?
(a) They are tired.
(b) They don't like the neighbors.
(c) They are busy.
(d) They don't believe in magic.
15. Where did Hillary learn to make maps?
(a) A workshop.
(b) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
2. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
3. What is taken of the bike wheel that makes the ferris wheel?
4. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
5. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)