|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
(a) Watching TV.
(b) Filling out paperwork.
(c) Building models.
(d) Fixing his back yard.
2. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) Her mother's warning.
(b) Elf music.
(c) Sara-Kate's tantrum.
(d) Her friends' voices.
3. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
(a) He is cazy.
(b) He is unemployed.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He is in jail.
4. Why is Hillary so surprised by the way Sara-Kate acts when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) She has never acted like that before.
(b) She is unpredictable.
(c) She invited her.
(d) She was angry at school.
5. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
(a) Her mother forgot.
(b) Her mother is at work.
(c) Her mother is sleeping.
(d) Her mother is sick.
6. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
(a) A thresher.
(b) A water well.
(c) A ferris wheel.
(d) A store.
7. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
(a) She says her mother doesn't want her to play.
(b) She pretends not to see her.
(c) She refuses to help with homework.
(d) She doesn't stop Jane from teasing her.
8. How is Hillary's home described?
9. What do the girls help the elves build?
(a) Some art.
(c) A library.
(d) A bridge.
10. What subject makes Sara-Kate lash out in anger?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her house.
(c) Her health.
(d) Her mother.
11. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
(a) She is kind.
(b) She is condescending.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She is cruel.
12. Sara-Kate thinks the tin pan with water is _________.
(a) A trap.
(b) A power house.
(c) A swimming pool.
(d) A starlight catcher.
13. What does Hillary enjoy about making the elf map?
(a) Seeing evidence of the elves.
(b) Getting away from Sara-Kate.
(c) Using her knowledge.
(d) Doing something Sara-Kate can't.
14. Who shows Hillary the elf village?
(c) Hillary's father.
15. Where is the elf village?
(a) A weed bramble.
(b) The empty lot.
(c) Sara's back yard.
(d) Hillary's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
2. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
3. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
4. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate looks like when she gets mad?
5. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)