|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
(a) She spread rumors.
(b) She put a spell on her.
(c) She made a promise.
(d) She is paying her.
2. What are elf houses built out of?
(c) All of these.
3. What does Hillary call the elves that insults them?
4. What is Hillary's last name?
5. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
(a) The poison ivy.
(b) The broken glass.
(c) The sticky tar.
(d) The ant hills.
6. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
(a) She is an old woman in a girl's body.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She has food allergies.
(d) She is too poor for regular food.
7. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
(a) A child.
(b) A girl.
(c) A human.
(d) An adult.
8. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He is in jail.
(c) He ran away.
(d) He is cazy.
9. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) On the fence.
(b) Under the tree.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) In her room.
10. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
(a) She gets a tickly feeling.
(b) She gets all itchy.
(c) She hears a tinkling.
(d) It starts to get dark.
11. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
(a) Her mother is sleeping.
(b) Her mother forgot.
(c) Her mother is at work.
(d) Her mother is sick.
12. What does Hillary say the ferris wheel looks like when it spins?
(a) A whirligig.
(b) A fanfare.
(c) A dream.
(d) A kaleidoscope.
13. Who shows Hillary the elf village?
(c) Hillary's father.
14. What does Alison say Sara-Kate stole?
(a) A garbage can.
(b) A bike.
(c) A bag of groceries.
(d) A scooter.
15. What does Hillary enjoy about making the elf map?
(a) Using her knowledge.
(b) Seeing evidence of the elves.
(c) Getting away from Sara-Kate.
(d) Doing something Sara-Kate can't.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
2. Why does Sara-Kate say the elves won't show themselves to Hillary?
3. What does Sara-Kate eat for lunch at school?
4. Where did Hillary learn to make maps?
5. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)