|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Hillary creep over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) She wants to see the elves.
(b) Sara-Kate is mad at her.
(c) Sara-Kate enters the village from there.
(d) She doesn't want her mother to see her.
2. Why does Sara-Kate have to go to the drugstore?
(a) To ge a prescription for her mother.
(b) To send a letter.
(c) To get some bandages.
(d) To buy some stamps.
3. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
(a) She will put herself in their place.
(b) She will say only nice things.
(c) She will stay away until she has happy thoughts.
(d) She will bring a gift for the elves.
4. How is Hillary's home described?
5. Where is the elf village?
(a) Sara's back yard.
(b) Hillary's bedroom.
(c) The empty lot.
(d) A weed bramble.
6. Why do the girls help the elves build something?
(a) They want the elves to trust them.
(b) They get bored.
(c) The elves asked for help.
(d) The elves are not good at building roads.
7. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) On the fence.
(b) Under the tree.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) In her room.
8. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
(a) She doesn't stop Jane from teasing her.
(b) She pretends not to see her.
(c) She refuses to help with homework.
(d) She says her mother doesn't want her to play.
9. What does Hillary say the ferris wheel looks like when it spins?
(a) A fanfare.
(b) A kaleidoscope.
(c) A dream.
(d) A whirligig.
10. What does Sara-Kate do when she sees Mr. Lenox talking to something strange?
(b) Talks back.
(d) Writes it down.
11. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
(a) An adult.
(b) A girl.
(c) A human.
(d) A child.
12. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) Elf music.
(b) Her friends' voices.
(c) Sara-Kate's tantrum.
(d) Her mother's warning.
13. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's father?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) He is cazy.
(c) He is in jail.
(d) He ran away.
14. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
(a) A thresher.
(b) A store.
(c) A water well.
(d) A ferris wheel.
15. What does Hillary's father spend most of his time doing?
(a) Fixing his back yard.
(b) Building models.
(c) Filling out paperwork.
(d) Watching TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
2. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
3. What does Sara-Kate show Hillary to avoid in her yard?
4. What does Hillary say Sara-Kate looks like when she gets mad?
5. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)