|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
(a) Her mother is at work.
(b) Her mother is sick.
(c) Her mother is sleeping.
(d) Her mother forgot.
2. Why can't Hillary see the elves themselves?
(a) They camoflague well.
(b) They are invisible.
(c) They only come out at night.
(d) They hide from people.
3. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
(d) Late night.
4. What do the girls help the elves build?
(a) A library.
(b) A bridge.
(c) Some art.
5. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
(a) There is nothing else left of the bike.
(b) It appeared one day.
(c) She can't figure out how it is powered.
(d) It sings to her.
6. What does Hillary hear in her mind as she creeps over to Sara-Kate's backyard the second time?
(a) Her friends' voices.
(b) Her mother's warning.
(c) Sara-Kate's tantrum.
(d) Elf music.
7. What is Hillary's last name?
8. In Hillary's mind, what is the tin pan with water?
(a) A swimming pool.
(b) A power house.
(c) A starlight catcher.
(d) A trap.
9. How is Hillary's home described?
10. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) In her room.
(b) Under the tree.
(c) On the fence.
(d) In the backyard.
11. What makes Sara-Kate get mad at Hillary?
(a) She doesn't stop Jane from teasing her.
(b) She pretends not to see her.
(c) She says her mother doesn't want her to play.
(d) She refuses to help with homework.
12. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
(a) A child.
(b) A human.
(c) A girl.
(d) An adult.
13. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
(b) Popsicle sticks.
(c) Rubber bands.
(d) Wood planks.
14. Why does Sara-Kate have to go to the drugstore?
(a) To get some bandages.
(b) To ge a prescription for her mother.
(c) To buy some stamps.
(d) To send a letter.
15. What does Hillary see Sara-Kate stealing from her father's garden?
(a) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the elf village?
2. For what do the elves use a bike wheel?
3. Where did Hillary learn to make maps?
4. What is taken of the bike wheel that makes the ferris wheel?
5. How does Jane think Sara-Kate got Hillary to be her friend?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)