|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sara-Kate greet Hillary when she comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) She is shy.
(b) She is ambivalent.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She is friendly.
2. What makes Hillary think that elves are watching her?
(a) She gets all itchy.
(b) It starts to get dark.
(c) She gets a tickly feeling.
(d) She hears a tinkling.
3. Why are Sara-Kate's clothes made fun of at school?
(a) They never match.
(b) They don't fit right.
(c) They are always wrinkled.
(d) They are dirty.
4. Why does Sara-Kate say she is sure the ferris wheel is magic?
(a) There is nothing else left of the bike.
(b) It sings to her.
(c) She can't figure out how it is powered.
(d) It appeared one day.
5. What rumor is spread about Sara-Kate's lunches at school?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is too poor for regular food.
(c) She has food allergies.
(d) She is an old woman in a girl's body.
6. What does Sara-Kate say Hillary thinks too much like?
(a) A human.
(b) An adult.
(c) A child.
(d) A girl.
7. What does Sara-Kate make Hillary promise after she insults the elves?
(a) She will put herself in their place.
(b) She will stay away until she has happy thoughts.
(c) She will bring a gift for the elves.
(d) She will say only nice things.
8. Why does Sara-Kate have to pay the phone bill instead of her mother?
(a) Her mother is at work.
(b) Her mother forgot.
(c) Her mother is sick.
(d) Her mother is sleeping.
9. Where did Hillary learn to make maps?
(b) Her father.
(c) A workshop.
10. What does Hillary say the ferris wheel looks like when it spins?
(a) A fanfare.
(b) A dream.
(c) A whirligig.
(d) A kaleidoscope.
11. How does Jane treat Sara-Kate?
(a) She is kind.
(b) She is condescending.
(c) She ignores her.
(d) She is cruel.
12. The seats of the ferris wheel are made with _______________.
(b) Rubber bands.
(c) Popsicle sticks.
(d) Wood planks.
13. What is Sara-Kate's last name?
14. What does Sara-Kate say the elf language sounds like?
(a) Foot steps.
(b) Nature sounds.
(c) Telepathic vibes.
(d) Blowing wind.
15. Where is Sara-Kate when Hillary comes to see the ferris wheel?
(a) Under the tree.
(b) On the fence.
(c) In the backyard.
(d) In her room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Hillary's mother not like Sara-Kate?
2. What time of day does Hillary first see the elf village?
3. What are elf houses built out of?
4. Mr. Lenox like to talk to __________.
5. What nick-name does Jane give Sara-Kate at school?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)