|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
(a) Of wanting him to be someone he is not.
(b) Of sounding like their mother.
(c) Of doing something that made the cop bother him.
(d) Of wanting him to become too white.
2. About what is the newspaper article that Mama is reading?
(a) Of the hisher rent limits being considered.
(b) Tupac's trial.
(c) A new set of posh condos being built down the street.
(d) About the inequality of the races in college success.
3. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
(a) If Tupac was thinking of his own mother.
(b) She doesn't really connect his personal life with the song.
(c) If Tupac was the father of the baby.
(d) If Tupac was found in a garbage can.
4. Why does young Albert have to take off his wire-rimmed glasses?
(a) They are fogging up because he is crying.
(b) He doesn't wear glasses.
(c) To go through the metal detector.
(d) So he cannot give them to Tash to make a knife out of.
5. What is one thing Jayjones says black people cannot do?
(a) Attend church in peace.
(b) Look at a cop in the eyes.
(c) Walk too fast.
(d) Sing in public.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Tash moved?
2. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
3. What are Neeka and the narrator doing?
4. What does Neeka want to attain?
5. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)