|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 20 through 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What habit does the narrator pick up from D that her mother dislikes?
(a) Talking about boys all the time.
(b) Eating sweets before dinner.
(c) Listening to Tupac's music.
(d) Saying the word ain't.
2. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
(a) He is a hero.
(b) He is a star athlete.
(c) He is a genius.
(d) He is a racist.
3. What did Tupac do while he was in jail?
(a) Get a college degree.
(b) Write a book.
(c) Play basketball for the prison team.
(d) Release an album.
4. Who hassles Jayjones?
(a) A janitor.
(b) The mall security guard.
(c) Some older boys.
(d) A cop.
5. What does the narrator endure in order to get to where they are going?
(a) Rejection from the college.
(b) The pitying glaces of white people.
(c) Hearing Miss Irene talk on and on.
(d) A poor breakfast and long train and bus rides.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
2. Where does D tell them they are going?
3. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
4. What is D's biggest dream?
5. Why does Randall not tell his side of the story?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)