|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does D envy Neeka?
(a) Her athletic ability.
(b) Her close, loving family.
(c) Her intelligence and good grades.
(d) Her good looks.
2. How many children are in Neeka's family?
3. Why does young Albert have to take off his wire-rimmed glasses?
(a) He doesn't wear glasses.
(b) They are fogging up because he is crying.
(c) So he cannot give them to Tash to make a knife out of.
(d) To go through the metal detector.
4. When does Tash expect to be out?
(a) The end of summer.
(b) He has no expectations.
(c) Within 2 years.
(d) In a week.
5. What does the narrator endure in order to get to where they are going?
(a) Hearing Miss Irene talk on and on.
(b) A poor breakfast and long train and bus rides.
(c) The pitying glaces of white people.
(d) Rejection from the college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
2. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
3. What is Neeka's mother like?
4. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
5. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)