|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(a) Happy and outgoing.
(d) Quiet and reserved.
2. What are Neeka and the narrator doing?
(a) Sitting on the stoop talking.
(b) Playing hopscotch.
(c) Teaching kids to jump rope.
(d) Playing jacks.
3. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her large family.
(c) Her coppery hair.
(d) Her freedom to roam the city.
4. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
(a) Because he was a smart aleck.
(b) Because he is black.
(c) Because he was going up the down escalator.
(d) Because he knocked over a white boy in the ball game.
5. What does Tupac's death force the narrator to consider?
(a) Whether guns should be outlawed.
(b) D's influence on her life.
(c) How wonderful life is.
(d) D's bad choices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Neeka resentful on the trip?
2. What do Sly and the other man do at Randall's?
3. For whom is Neeka's brother Albert named?
4. What does Jayjones say about black men?
5. Why have the narrator and Neeka not gone to visit D at her house?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)