|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what are the girls doing in the beginning of the chapter?
(a) Watching gangs fight on the street.
(b) Watching a basketball game.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Watching music videos.
2. What does Brenda do with her baby in a song?
(a) Raises it by herself.
(b) Gives it up for adoption.
(c) Lets the father take it.
(d) Throws it in the garbage can.
3. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
(a) They are beaten by white gan?gs.
(c) They are harrassed by white police.
(d) They are shot by police without even asking the men questions.
4. What school does Jayjones attend?
(a) Washington School for the Arts.
(b) Lincoln High.
(c) He is out of school.
(d) Grady High School.
5. About what is the newspaper article that Mama is reading?
(a) A new set of posh condos being built down the street.
(b) Tupac's trial.
(c) Of the hisher rent limits being considered.
(d) About the inequality of the races in college success.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon what does the narrator remark concerning the beautiful day?
2. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
3. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
4. According to the narrator what kind of clothes does D wear?
5. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)