|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jayjones say black men cannot be caught?
(a) In white nightclubs.
(b) Anywhere outside of their front door.
(c) In expensive cars.
(d) In white neighborhoods.
2. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(b) Quiet and reserved.
(c) Happy and outgoing.
3. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
(a) Neeka's mother calls her home.
(b) The kids won't listen to them.
(c) Neeka has to change her baby brother's diaper.
(d) The ice cream truck pulls up.
4. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
(a) Neeka's other brother walks D to the bus stop.
(b) Jayjones walks her to the bus stop.
(c) D has a new dress.
(d) Jayjones asks her to the movies.
5. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
(a) The train is swaying and making them a little seasick.
(b) Not knowing exactly where they are supposed to get off.
(c) The train is full of white people.
(d) The tracks are really rough.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
2. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
3. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
4. What does Jayjones think will not help racism?
5. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)