|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Albert named as he was?
(a) He was born looking smart.
(b) He looked like he was going to be funny.
(c) He was very light skinned.
(d) He looked very athletic.
2. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
(a) Standing on the stage in the amphitheater.
(b) Singing for the party guests.
(c) Snorting cocaine.
(d) Dancing with a very handsome young man.
3. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
(a) They graduate from high school.
(b) They both turn 16.
(c) They both turn 12.
(d) They are arrested for loitering.
4. What does Neeka fear?
(a) Being arrested.
(b) Her mother finding out.
(d) Being beaten or raped.
5. How does the day end in Chapter 1?
(a) Neeka hurting her ankle.
(b) D teasing Neeka's older brother.
(c) D returning home.
(d) The narrator having dinner with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
2. How does the narrator describe the prison guards?
3. What do Neeka and the narrator hear on the radio?
4. What does the narrator endure in order to get to where they are going?
5. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)