|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
(a) She is not allowed to do what D asks.
(b) She is supposed to babysit.
(c) She doesn't have the subway fare.
(d) She knows her mother does not like D and would not invite her to dinner.
2. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
(a) It makes him decide to change his life.
(b) It enrages him.
(c) It numbs him.
(d) It sends him into deep depression.
3. What does Neeka think she cannot find in her family?
(b) Her Big Purpose.
(c) A man who will tolerate them.
4. What happens after Tupac recovers from being shot?
(a) He writes a rap song about racism and the justice system
(b) He moves to California.
(c) He decides to sue the girl who accuses him.
(d) He is sent to prison.
5. What is D's biggest dream?
(a) She will marry a wealthy man.
(b) She will become a movie star.
(c) Her biological mother will come for her.
(d) She will go to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator envy about Neeka?
2. How does D feel about her mother?
3. Why is Neeka resentful on the trip?
4. What racial heritage is D?
5. What does Neeka's group share?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)