|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 through 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Neeka think Jayjones should do?
(a) Join the Army.
(b) Give up basketball.
(c) Work hard at his basketball.
(d) Join the Marines.
2. What does the narrator endure in order to get to where they are going?
(a) A poor breakfast and long train and bus rides.
(b) Hearing Miss Irene talk on and on.
(c) Rejection from the college.
(d) The pitying glaces of white people.
3. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
(a) Her aunt lives there.
(b) That was as far as her money would take her on the bus.
(c) The pretty trees.
(d) It is no gang territory.
4. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(a) Quiet and reserved.
(c) Happy and outgoing.
5. For what does D envy Neeka?
(a) Her athletic ability.
(b) Her intelligence and good grades.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her close, loving family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
2. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
3. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
4. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
5. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)