|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
(a) Neeka has to change her baby brother's diaper.
(b) The kids won't listen to them.
(c) Neeka's mother calls her home.
(d) The ice cream truck pulls up.
2. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her large family.
(c) Her coppery hair.
(d) Her freedom to roam the city.
3. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
(a) Because it makes him angry and he is fun to tease.
(b) He likes to dress in female clothing but he dates women.
(c) To indicate he is gay.
(d) He waves at cars like he is the Queen of England.
4. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
(a) He is a hero.
(b) He is a genius.
(c) He is a star athlete.
(d) He is a racist.
5. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
(a) He was born with a brain disorder.
(b) He was really black.
(c) He died young.
(d) He was not a nice man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Neeka and the narrator decide?
2. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
3. What is D allowed to do during the day?
4. How does the narrator feel when Jayjones tells her about pretty girls and eating?
5. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)