|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D say to Neeka and the narrator when they meet and they ask about her family?
(a) She has two brothers.
(b) She has four brothers and a sister.
(c) She is an only child.
(d) She has one brother and one sister.
2. For what does D envy Neeka?
(a) Her athletic ability.
(b) Her close, loving family.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Her intelligence and good grades.
3. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
(a) D is maturing physically faster.
(b) D knows how to flirt better.
(c) D has more freedom than the other two.
(d) D is the new girl on the block.
4. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
(a) Of the family the Mama was raised in.
(b) Of getting out of that neighborhood.
(c) Of what could have been.
(d) Of the narrator's father.
5. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her coppery hair.
(c) Her large family.
(d) Her freedom to roam the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
2. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
3. What is the narrator's mother like?
4. Why is Tash in jail?
5. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)