|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 4 through 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
(a) Because he knocked over a white boy in the ball game.
(b) Because he is black.
(c) Because he was a smart aleck.
(d) Because he was going up the down escalator.
2. What is D's biggest dream?
(a) Her biological mother will come for her.
(b) She will marry a wealthy man.
(c) She will go to college.
(d) She will become a movie star.
3. What do Neeka and the narrator hear on the radio?
(a) That some white boys beat up a black kid on the ball court.
(b) That Tupac is acquitted.
(c) That Tupac has been shot.
(d) That Tupac is sentenced to 20 years.
4. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
(a) Double Dutch.
(b) Seven jump spin.
(c) London Bridge.
(d) In Two, Out One.
5. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
(a) D knows how to flirt better.
(b) D has more freedom than the other two.
(c) D is the new girl on the block.
(d) D is maturing physically faster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
2. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
3. What is D allowed to do during the day?
4. What does D think one needs to find in life?
5. How do the narrator and Neeka feel about D?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)