|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 and Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Neeka tease D when D returns in a few days with a jump rope?
(a) About hanging out with the narrator.
(b) About liking her only so she can jump rope.
(c) About having a lot of brothers.
(d) About being an only child.
2. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
(a) Fried chicken.
(b) Cuban sandwiches.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) Hamburgers and fries.
3. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
(a) Jayjones walks her to the bus stop.
(b) Jayjones asks her to the movies.
(c) Neeka's other brother walks D to the bus stop.
(d) D has a new dress.
4. What did Tupac's shooting cause some people to call him?
(a) An unlucky dude.
(b) A drug runner.
(c) A gangster.
(d) A hate mongrel.
5. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
(a) That was as far as her money would take her on the bus.
(b) It is no gang territory.
(c) The pretty trees.
(d) Her aunt lives there.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
2. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
3. What is D's biggest dream?
4. How did the narrator see Tupac?
5. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)