|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2 and Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
(a) Jayjones walks her to the bus stop.
(b) Jayjones asks her to the movies.
(c) D has a new dress.
(d) Neeka's other brother walks D to the bus stop.
2. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
(a) He was not a nice man.
(b) He died young.
(c) He was really black.
(d) He was born with a brain disorder.
3. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Instant rhythm.
(b) Stong arms.
(c) Fights about turns.
(d) Skinned knees.
4. What does Tupac's death force the narrator to consider?
(a) D's influence on her life.
(b) D's bad choices.
(c) How wonderful life is.
(d) Whether guns should be outlawed.
5. For what does D envy Neeka?
(a) Her intelligence and good grades.
(b) Her good looks.
(c) Her close, loving family.
(d) Her athletic ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
2. How many sets of twins does Neeka's family have?
3. Why is Tash in jail?
4. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
5. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)