|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Flo?
(a) A kind woman who does not want D for the government benefits.
(b) Neeka's mother.
(c) D's real mother.
(d) The narrator's mother.
2. What is D's foster mother's name?
3. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Instant rhythm.
(b) Skinned knees.
(c) Stong arms.
(d) Fights about turns.
4. What do Sly and his friend testify?
(a) That Tash was in on the robbery.
(b) That Tash is the one who kills Randall.
(c) That Tash has nothing to do with the robbery.
(d) That Tash was the only one in on the robbery.
5. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
(a) Of getting out of that neighborhood.
(b) Of the family the Mama was raised in.
(c) Of what could have been.
(d) Of the narrator's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
2. Of what is Tash convinced about Sly?
3. What does the narrator think she read about Albert's namesake?
4. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
5. Where does the narrator go with Miss Irene one Saturday in the summer?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)