|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jayjones think he was hassled?
(a) Because he was going up the down escalator.
(b) Because he knocked over a white boy in the ball game.
(c) Because he is black.
(d) Because he was a smart aleck.
2. Who is Tash?
(a) Emmett's older brother who is in jail.
(b) A black man shot for no reason in a white neighborhood.
(c) A black minister who is too white.
(d) Emmett's father.
3. On what day are Neeka and the narrator outside?
(a) The day after Thanksgiving.
(b) Friday before Thanksgiving.
(c) Easter Sunday.
(d) Thanksgiving Day.
4. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
(a) Happy and outgoing.
(d) Quiet and reserved.
5. What is D's foster mother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator endure in order to get to where they are going?
2. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
3. About what is the newspaper article that Mama is reading?
4. What does the narrator say is the effect of Tash's music?
5. Why do some people take on D as a foster child?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)