|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator compare herself to regarding her height?
(a) She is as tall as Wilt Chamberlain.
(b) She is taller than D or Neeka.
(c) She is as tall as her older brother.
(d) She is taller than her mother or father.
2. What shocks D's friends?
(a) That she doesn't care that Tupac is shot.
(b) That she swears at the white policeman.
(c) That she is leaving the city.
(d) To learn she is so impoverished.
3. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is French.
(b) She is extremely black.
(c) She is white.
(d) She is strange.
4. What is it about the East Side train that makes the narrator and Neeka's family uneasy?
(a) The train is full of white people.
(b) Not knowing exactly where they are supposed to get off.
(c) The tracks are really rough.
(d) The train is swaying and making them a little seasick.
5. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
(a) D knows how to flirt better.
(b) D has more freedom than the other two.
(c) D is maturing physically faster.
(d) D is the new girl on the block.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Neeka and the narrator decide?
2. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
3. Who arrives with swollen eyes from crying?
4. Who is Tash?
5. What does Neeka say about Tash?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)