|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D say about a counselor's statement in a group home?
(a) The counselor says that D's kind of child is a throwaway kid.
(b) The counselor says that D is no good.
(c) The counselor says that D is wonderful.
(d) The counselor says that D has more potential than any child there.
2. Where did Tash play piano before going to prison?
(a) A local nightclub.
(b) In his school orchestra.
(d) For his school chorus.
3. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
(a) To the summer of 1995.
(b) To the summer of 1994.
(c) To the winter of 1994.
(d) To the spring of 1993.
4. What habit does the narrator pick up from D that her mother dislikes?
(a) Listening to Tupac's music.
(b) Saying the word ain't.
(c) Talking about boys all the time.
(d) Eating sweets before dinner.
5. Of what does Jayjones accuse Neeka?
(a) Of sounding like their mother.
(b) Of doing something that made the cop bother him.
(c) Of wanting him to become too white.
(d) Of wanting him to be someone he is not.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the effect of Tash's music?
2. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
3. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
4. What does the narrator envy about Neeka?
5. What reputation does the narrator have?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)