|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what regret does the narrator's mother express?
(a) That she has to work so much.
(b) That the narrator's father does not live with them.
(c) That she never had a son.
(d) That her family lives so far away.
2. How does D feel about her mother?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She has no feelings about her.
(c) She admires her.
(d) She doesn't know her mother.
3. What did Tupac's shooting cause some people to call him?
(a) An unlucky dude.
(b) A gangster.
(c) A drug runner.
(d) A hate mongrel.
4. How did the narrator see Tupac?
(a) As a hero and survivor.
(b) As a truly great ball player.
(c) As a violent gang member.
(d) As someone who wrote hateful songs.
5. To what does the narrator relate Tupac's arrest?
(a) To Mandela's arrest.
(b) To the arrest of others in Queens.
(c) To how slaves were brutalized.
(d) To Mahatma Gandhi's arrest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the girls make snow angels?
2. Why was Albert named as he was?
3. How does Neeka's mother feel about D when she first meets her?
4. What do Neeka and the narrator decide?
5. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)