|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
(a) She is supposed to babysit.
(b) She is not allowed to do what D asks.
(c) She doesn't have the subway fare.
(d) She knows her mother does not like D and would not invite her to dinner.
2. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
(a) Of getting out of that neighborhood.
(b) Of the narrator's father.
(c) Of the family the Mama was raised in.
(d) Of what could have been.
3. What does Neeka fear?
(b) Being beaten or raped.
(c) Her mother finding out.
(d) Being arrested.
4. How did Tupac feel about his mother?
(a) He loved her very much.
(b) He hated her.
(c) He was indifferent to her.
(d) He didn't respect her.
5. What does Jayjones say about black men?
(a) They are hunted.
(b) They need to learn to get along in white society.
(c) They should hunt just as they are hunted.
(d) They should leave the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what are the girls doing in the beginning of the chapter?
2. What is the narrator's normal demeanor?
3. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
4. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
5. What does the narrator wonder about Tupac and the song about Brenda?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)