|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
(a) D is the new girl on the block.
(b) D is maturing physically faster.
(c) D knows how to flirt better.
(d) D has more freedom than the other two.
2. What does the narrator compare herself to regarding her height?
(a) She is taller than her mother or father.
(b) She is as tall as her older brother.
(c) She is as tall as Wilt Chamberlain.
(d) She is taller than D or Neeka.
3. What reputation does the narrator have?
(a) She is a brainy nerd.
(b) She is selfish.
(c) She is athletic.
(d) She is dumb.
4. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
(a) To the winter of 1994.
(b) To the summer of 1994.
(c) To the spring of 1993.
(d) To the summer of 1995.
5. What does D think one needs to find in life?
(a) A way to get around the system.
(b) A big purpose.
(c) A kind boyfriend.
(d) A lot of friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator feel when Jayjones tells her about pretty girls and eating?
2. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
3. What school does Jayjones attend?
4. For whom is Neeka's brother Albert named?
5. What is Neeka's mother like?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)