|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
(a) He waves at cars like he is the Queen of England.
(b) Because it makes him angry and he is fun to tease.
(c) He likes to dress in female clothing but he dates women.
(d) To indicate he is gay.
2. Why do Neeka and the narrator quit what they are doing?
(a) Neeka's mother calls her home.
(b) Neeka has to change her baby brother's diaper.
(c) The kids won't listen to them.
(d) The ice cream truck pulls up.
3. For what was Tupac known?
(a) He was an actor.
(b) He was a rapper.
(c) He was a rock singer.
(d) He was a football player.
4. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
(a) Fights about turns.
(b) Skinned knees.
(c) Stong arms.
(d) Instant rhythm.
5. What does the narrator think Mama is thinking of when Mama looks sadly out the window?
(a) Of the family the Mama was raised in.
(b) Of what could have been.
(c) Of getting out of that neighborhood.
(d) Of the narrator's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, to where does the narrator flashback?
2. Where do D, Neeka and the narrator get off the bus?
3. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
4. Why was Albert named as he was?
5. How did the narrator see Tupac?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)