|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 through 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Neeka and the narrator doing?
(a) Playing jacks.
(b) Playing hopscotch.
(c) Sitting on the stoop talking.
(d) Teaching kids to jump rope.
2. Who hassles Jayjones?
(a) A cop.
(b) Some older boys.
(c) A janitor.
(d) The mall security guard.
3. What did Tupac's shooting cause some people to call him?
(a) A gangster.
(b) An unlucky dude.
(c) A drug runner.
(d) A hate mongrel.
4. Why does the narrator's mother question her about D?
(a) To make certain that D has enough food.
(b) To ensure she is not the wrong type of person for her daughter to know.
(c) To find out if D is a classmate.
(d) To find out if D is homeless.
5. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
(a) He is a racist.
(b) He is a star athlete.
(c) He is a hero.
(d) He is a genius.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does Tupac's imprisonment have on him?
2. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
3. When was the first time Tupac was shot?
4. Why does Jayjones think black people have been falsely imprisoned?
5. What is the narrator's mother like?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)