|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does D say is the reason she came to the block where Neeka and the narrator are?
(a) That was as far as her money would take her on the bus.
(b) Her aunt lives there.
(c) The pretty trees.
(d) It is no gang territory.
2. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
(a) Pretty girls eat wings.
(b) Pretty girls eat sandwiches.
(c) Pretty girls don't like fries.
(d) Eating fish makes pretty girls even better looking.
3. What does Sly convince Tash to do?
(a) Borrow some money and bet on some horses.
(b) Beat up a cop.
(c) Go to an illegal gambling joint.
(d) Take Sly and a friend to Randall's home.
4. Why are the narrator and Neeka jealous of D right off?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her large family.
(c) Her coppery hair.
(d) Her freedom to roam the city.
5. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
(a) They both turn 12.
(b) They are arrested for loitering.
(c) They graduate from high school.
(d) They both turn 16.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Tash?
2. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
3. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
4. What does the narrator compare herself to regarding her height?
5. What does the narrator say about the evidence against Tupac for sexual assault?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)