|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who watches the three girls jump rope?
(a) The older boys.
(b) Neeka's mother.
(c) The younger girls.
(d) The narrator's mother.
2. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
(a) They are beaten by white gan?gs.
(b) They are shot by police without even asking the men questions.
(c) They are harrassed by white police.
3. What does D say about a counselor's statement in a group home?
(a) The counselor says that D is wonderful.
(b) The counselor says that D is no good.
(c) The counselor says that D has more potential than any child there.
(d) The counselor says that D's kind of child is a throwaway kid.
4. Why does the narrator call Neeka's second brother a queen?
(a) Because it makes him angry and he is fun to tease.
(b) To indicate he is gay.
(c) He waves at cars like he is the Queen of England.
(d) He likes to dress in female clothing but he dates women.
5. What is the narrator doing when she says she feels whole for the first time?
(a) Dancing with a very handsome young man.
(b) Snorting cocaine.
(c) Standing on the stage in the amphitheater.
(d) Singing for the party guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
2. What is Neeka's second brother's name?`
3. What does Jayjones tell D about pretty girls and eating?
4. Why is Tash imprisoned?
5. For what is Jayjones known?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)