|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say is the effect of Tash's music?
(a) The lyrics bothered a lot of people.
(b) It made ladies cry.
(c) It enlivened everyone.
(d) She does not mention Tash's music.
2. How do the narrator and Neeka know each other?
(a) They live across the hall from each other.
(b) Even though they live a few miles from each other they go to the same school.
(c) Their mothers went to school together.
(d) They live on the same block.
3. Where do D, Neeka and the narrator get off the bus?
(a) Near a dark city park.
(b) At a friend's house where there is a party.
(c) At the mall.
(d) At D's cousin's house.
4. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
(a) She doesn't have the subway fare.
(b) She knows her mother does not like D and would not invite her to dinner.
(c) She is not allowed to do what D asks.
(d) She is supposed to babysit.
5. Why does Randall not tell his side of the story?
(a) He is intimidated.
(b) He is hospitalized.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He hates Tash now.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jayjones say black men cannot be caught?
2. Where do the girls walk?
3. What did confused people label Albert's namesake according to the narrator?
4. How does the narrator feel when Jayjones tells her about pretty girls and eating?
5. What is the narrator always doing?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)