|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes the narrator jealous of D?
(a) Jayjones walks her to the bus stop.
(b) Jayjones asks her to the movies.
(c) Neeka's other brother walks D to the bus stop.
(d) D has a new dress.
2. Why might the boys like D better than Neeka or the narrator?
(a) D is maturing physically faster.
(b) D is the new girl on the block.
(c) D has more freedom than the other two.
(d) D knows how to flirt better.
3. What school does Jayjones attend?
(a) Washington School for the Arts.
(b) He is out of school.
(c) Lincoln High.
(d) Grady High School.
4. What does the narrator say about D's mother?
(a) She is white.
(b) She is French.
(c) She is strange.
(d) She is extremely black.
5. What does Jayjones bring home for the three girls to eat?
(a) Cuban sandwiches.
(b) Fried chicken.
(c) Fish and chips.
(d) Hamburgers and fries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the narrator and Neeka in May?
2. Who is Sly?
3. What does Jayjones say happens to black men in the wrong places?
4. What does Neeka fear?
5. How do the narrator and Neeka know each other?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)