|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16 through 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is behind the picture from the narrator's mother?
(a) A letter from her father.
(b) 10 dollars.
(c) 20 dollars.
(d) A letter to her daughter.
2. What is the news about Tash?
(a) He has been given another year for bad behavior.
(b) He is dying.
(c) He is being moved to another prison.
(d) He is getting out of jail.
3. Where did Tash play piano before going to prison?
(a) In his school orchestra.
(b) For his school chorus.
(c) A local nightclub.
4. How do the narrator and Neeka know each other?
(a) They live across the hall from each other.
(b) They live on the same block.
(c) Even though they live a few miles from each other they go to the same school.
(d) Their mothers went to school together.
5. Why is the narrator hesitant about D's request?
(a) She is supposed to babysit.
(b) She is not allowed to do what D asks.
(c) She doesn't have the subway fare.
(d) She knows her mother does not like D and would not invite her to dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Randall?
2. Why is Tash in jail?
3. How did Jayjones get his nickname?
4. What do the three girls have with the jump rope?
5. What is the name of the game Neeka wants to play with a jump rope?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)