Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rachel spends the night at the hospital with Izzy, what does he ask her to do when he wakes up around midnight?
2. What change does Rachel notice in Izzy during his hospital stay?
3. Where are Rachel and Izzy when the old man falls again in Chapter 31?
4. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they speak in Chapter 37?
5. When do Rachel and Jeremy go for a walk in Chapter 43?
Essay Topic 1
As Rachel matures, she starts to see the people in her life as individual humans, rather than as the roles they play like parent or grandparent. What events occur to help Rachel see Shirley, Manny, and Izzy as people she can empathize with rather than merely as mom, dad, and grandfather? Write at least a paragraph to describe what happens to alter Rachel's perception of these characters.
Essay Topic 2
Izzy's death leaves some of his family members regretting their unfinished business with him. Why do you think Izzy was unable to form close and lasting ties with anyone but Eva and Rachel? Is the Cooper family better off now that he is dead? Support and analyze both of your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Parent-Child relationships play an important part in After the Rain.
1) Select a parent child relationship from the story and explain how both the parent and the child impact each others' lives.
2) Decide who you think the best and worst parents in the story are. Compare and contrast the two characters.
3) Take the two parents you selected in number two. Reverse your answer and write a defense of the worst parent as a good parent and of the best parent as a bad parent.
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)