Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rachel spends the night at the hospital with Izzy, what does he ask her to do when he wakes up around midnight?
2. What change does Rachel notice in Izzy during his hospital stay?
3. Where are Rachel and Izzy when the old man falls again in Chapter 31?
4. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they speak in Chapter 37?
5. When do Rachel and Jeremy go for a walk in Chapter 43?
Essay Topic 1
In some ways Lewis is a typical teenager and in others he shows maturity beyond his years.
1) Why do you think Lewis is able to be so supportive of Rachel during her grandfather's illness?
2) How does Lewis react to life as a stereotypical teenager in the novel?
3) Analyze the fact that Rachel's first boyfriend helps her through her first experience of death.
Essay Topic 2
Rachel's coming of age and Izzy's death are intricately woven together in After the Rain.
1) Analyze how Izzy's deaths contributes to Rachel's growth.
2) Who changes more during their relationship, Rachel or Izzy? Support your response.
3) How does the dead character of Eva affect both Rachel's growth and Izzy's feelings about dying?
Essay Topic 3
Lewis and Helena have special roles as Rachel's peers in After the Rain.
1) Compare and contrast these two characters.
2) Why do you think these two young people are attracted to Rachel?
3) Of Lewis, Helena, and Rachel who would you want to have as a friend and why?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)