|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel tell Lewis about returning to school in Chapter 37?
(a) She is ready to go back.
(b) She thinks about it but needs to be with Izzy.
(c) She can't even think about going back right now.
(d) She just doesn't see the point in school when everyone dies eventually.
2. What does Rachel discover in Chapter 44 that makes her feel like Izzy left a legacy after all?
(a) A tree with a plaque donated by the stonemasons.
(b) The small footbridge he made for Eva.
(c) His handprint and initials.
(d) The names of his children in a stone wall.
3. Where does that last chapter of this book take place?
(a) At a graduation party.
(b) At the Cooper's home.
(c) At school.
(d) In a grocery store.
4. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they speak in Chapter 37?
(a) On the phone.
(b) In the hospital cafeteria.
(c) At Rachel's kitchen table.
(d) In Poppie's Diner.
5. What change does Rachel notice in Izzy during his hospital stay?
(a) He is slower to criticize Shirley.
(b) He is less gruff with the doctors and nurses.
(c) He loses weight rapidly.
(d) He is more energetic than before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. North tell Izzy after his collapse on Baker Street?
2. What do the Coopers and Izzy do in Chapter 35?
3. How does Jeremy get home?
4. What does Rachel say that her parents look like on the night that she stays at the hospital with Izzy?
5. What object are Rachel and the person she talks to in Chapter 45 standing in front of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Are Rachel and Jeremy close?
2. Is Rachel a stubborn person?
3. Describe Izzy's surroundings in Chapter 35.
4. How does Helena convince Izzy to let them have the party at his house?
5. Describe Lewis Olswanger.
6. How does Rachel deal with her confusing feelings about her grandfather's illness and impending death in Chapter 37?
7. Why doesn't Rachel want to leave the hospital with her parents on Tuesday night in Chapter 40?
8. How does Rachel feel about MB?
9. How does Rachel react to her Grandfather's groans as she waits outside his hospital room in Chapter 34?
10. What happens when Izzy says he is afraid to go to sleep at the hospital.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)