|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What special request did Izzy have in regards to his funeral?
(a) He wanted the funeral to be simple with no flowers or fuss.
(b) He asked to have Rachel read a passage.
(c) He asked to be cremated.
(d) He specified that there should be no funeral.
2. What does Rachel do when she returns to school the Wednesday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) Asks her teachers for her work for the following week.
(b) Leaves without telling anyone and goes back to the hospital.
(c) Spends the day in the nurse's office.
(d) Spends the day in the guidance counselor's office.
3. Who is Phil?
(a) Rachel's brother.
(b) Izzy's brother.
(c) Alice Farnum's son.
(d) Lewis's father.
4. On the second day in Chapter 38, what does Izzy talk to Rachel about?
(a) Shirley and Manny.
(b) Nothing, he refuses to speak to anyone.
(c) His courtship with Eva and her relationship with Lewis.
(d) His career as a stone mason.
5. What does Izzy insist that Shirley take home with her, even though she made it for him?
(a) A sweater.
(b) Zucchini bread.
(c) An afghan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncle Lenny call from?
2. What term of endearment does Izzy call Rachel on the day of the birthday party?
3. What does Jeremy ask Rachel to do in Chapter 43?
4. Whose birthday occurs in Chapter 32?
5. Who does Rachel thank in Chapter 45?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)