|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel eat at the hospital cafeteria with her parents when Shirley complains about the food?
(a) A chef salad.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) American goulash.
(d) A tuna salad sandwich.
2. How does Rachel envision herself in Chapter 41 when she thinks about Izzy never having another glass of water?
(a) By a pond as the water evaporate in streams up to heaven.
(b) Drinking glass after glass but remaining thirsty.
(c) On a dark road with hard streams of water falling down.
(d) Drowning in endless glasses of water.
3. What special request did Izzy have in regards to his funeral?
(a) He asked to be cremated.
(b) He wanted the funeral to be simple with no flowers or fuss.
(c) He asked to have Rachel read a passage.
(d) He specified that there should be no funeral.
4. What does Rachel say when the family reminisces about Izzy in Chapter 42?
(a) He built bridges.
(b) We both like black jellybeans.
(c) I loved Grandpa.
(d) He beat me at Scrabble.
5. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
(a) He can't go to the bathroom without help.
(b) Shirley is hovering.
(c) He cant walk, breathe, or spit up whats in his chest.
(d) The crying patient in the room next door.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rachel feel, after she cries for Izzy, in Chapter 43?
2. Who calls Rachel to find out how Izzy is doing on Saturday in Chapter 33?
3. What object are Rachel and the person she talks to in Chapter 45 standing in front of?
4. Who is at Izzy's apartment when he and Rachel return from their first walk after his second fall?
5. On Tuesday night in Chapter 40, what does Rachel do when Manny holds the elevator door open for her?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)