|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like when Izzy and Rachel walk for the first time after his second fall?
(a) Drizzly and wet.
(b) Overcast, but not raining.
(c) Sunny and pleasant.
(d) Foggy and muggy.
2. What does Rachel hear in Chapter 34 when she is outside of Izzy's hospital room?
(a) Alice Farnum laughing.
(b) Shirley crying.
(c) Izzy groaning.
(d) The nurses gossiping.
3. What makes Rachel jealous when at Izzy's apartment in Chapter 32?
(a) Jeremy's attention to Shirley.
(b) Lewis's attention to Helena.
(c) Izzy's attention to Helena.
(d) Izzy's attention to Alice.
4. What does Rachel ask Jeremy on their walk?
(a) Why he moved so far away.
(b) If she can come to visit him.
(c) If she should stop sending letters.
(d) Why he never answers her letters.
5. What does Uncle Lenny tell Rachel that surprises her?
(a) That she looks like Eva.
(b) That she speaks a lot like Izzy.
(c) That he had spoken to Izzy recently.
(d) That Izzy sent him a card once a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the person who spends the night with Izzy on the Saturday he says he is afraid to sleep actually sleep?
2. On Tuesday night in Chapter 40, what does Rachel do when Manny holds the elevator door open for her?
3. Why does Rachel decide to skip the birthday party in Chapter 32?
4. How does Izzy greet Rachel each day, as of Chapter 36, when she arrives at the hospital to visit him?
5. Who arrives in Manny's room and asks Rachel to leave around 11 each day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Izzy's death impact his family as a whole?
2. Describe Izzy's surroundings in Chapter 35.
3. Does Dr. North respect Izzy?
4. How does Rachel react to her Grandfather's groans as she waits outside his hospital room in Chapter 34?
5. Explain Izzy's instructions regarding his death.
6. How does Rachel celebrate Helena's birthday?
7. Describe Lewis Olswanger.
8. How does Rachel say her family is dealing with Izzy's illness in her journal entry in Chapter 31?
9. How does Rachel deal with her confusing feelings about her grandfather's illness and impending death in Chapter 37?
10. Describe Rachel's feelings about Izzy's death based on her phone call with Lewis in Chapter 37.
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)