|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who waits outside of Izzy's hotel room with Rachel in Chapter 34?
(b) Jeremy and Alice Farnum.
(d) Manny and Shirley.
2. What does Jeremy ask Rachel to do in Chapter 43?
(a) To come and visit him.
(b) To keep her eyes open for a job.
(c) To keep sending letters.
(d) To meet his fiance.
3. What do Manny and Shirley do when they come by after work?
(a) Laugh at things that aren't funny.
(b) Clean things that aren't messy.
(c) Bring gifts from the gift shop.
(d) Bring mail from Izzy's house.
4. What does Izzy want to do in Chapter 33 when Rachel arrives at his house early on Saturday morning?
(a) Stay outside all day.
(b) Go to the hardware store.
(c) Take her to the bridges again.
(d) Stay inside and rest.
5. Where does that last chapter of this book take place?
(a) At school.
(b) At a graduation party.
(c) At the Cooper's home.
(d) In a grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel tell Lewis about returning to school in Chapter 37?
2. What is life like for Rachel at the start of Chapter 44.
3. What does Dr. North tell Izzy when the patient asks when he will be able to go home?
4. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
5. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel deal with her confusing feelings about her grandfather's illness and impending death in Chapter 37?
2. Is Rachel responsible, as of Chapter 31?
3. Describe Izzy's death.
4. Are Rachel and Jeremy close?
5. Is Rachel's life back to normal after Izzy's death once she returns to school.
6. Is Rachel a stubborn person?
7. How does Helena convince Izzy to let them have the party at his house?
8. Why is Izzy furious with everyone in Chapter 38?
9. Why doesn't Rachel want to leave the hospital with her parents on Tuesday night in Chapter 40?
10. How does Rachel celebrate Helena's birthday?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)