|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family plant in Izzy's memory?
(a) A blue spruce.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A peace lily.
(d) A rosebush.
2. How does Rachel envision herself in Chapter 41 when she thinks about Izzy never having another glass of water?
(a) Drowning in endless glasses of water.
(b) Drinking glass after glass but remaining thirsty.
(c) On a dark road with hard streams of water falling down.
(d) By a pond as the water evaporate in streams up to heaven.
3. Who waits outside of Izzy's hotel room with Rachel in Chapter 34?
(c) Jeremy and Alice Farnum.
(d) Manny and Shirley.
4. What do the Coopers and Izzy do in Chapter 35?
(a) Everyone listens to Rachel read a western that Izzy likes.
(b) Watch a Marx Brothers movie.
(c) Everyone reads their own book.
(d) Watch golf on TV.
5. Where is Rachel headed at the end of After the Rain?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To class.
(d) To take a walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Izzy leave in his medicine cabinet that his family finds after his death?
2. What does Rachel tell Lewis that it seems like her grandfather is doing when they speak in Chapter 37?
3. What term of endearment does Izzy call Rachel on the day of the birthday party?
4. What does Rachel's family do when they go to the cemetery in Chapter 42?
5. What does Rachel tell Shirley she wants to do the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Uncle Lenny's phone call.
2. Describe Izzy's interactions with the hospital staff in Chapter 36.
3. Describe Rachel and Izzy's visit to the cafe in Chapter 32.
4. How does Rachel celebrate Helena's birthday?
5. How does Izzy's death impact his family as a whole?
6. Describe Izzy and Rachel's daily routine at the hospital in Chapter 36.
7. Describe Rachel's feelings about Izzy's death based on her phone call with Lewis in Chapter 37.
8. How does Jeremy feel about the letters Rachel sends?
9. Describe the meal the Coopers share in the hospital cafeteria in Chapter 38.
10. Why doesn't Rachel want to leave the hospital with her parents on Tuesday night in Chapter 40?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)