|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
(a) The crying patient in the room next door.
(b) He cant walk, breathe, or spit up whats in his chest.
(c) Shirley is hovering.
(d) He can't go to the bathroom without help.
2. Who calls Rachel to find out how Izzy is doing on Saturday in Chapter 33?
(b) Alice Farnum.
(c) Helena and Lewis.
3. What does Jeremy point out to Rachel when they take their walk on the day they scatter Izzy's ashes?
(a) A park that Manny took him to.
(b) A park where he used to go to draw and paint.
(c) A drugstore where he worked as a teenager.
(d) A crummy little market where teens used to hang out.
4. What does Rachel discover in Chapter 44 that makes her feel like Izzy left a legacy after all?
(a) His handprint and initials.
(b) The small footbridge he made for Eva.
(c) A tree with a plaque donated by the stonemasons.
(d) The names of his children in a stone wall.
5. What does Rachel tell Lewis about returning to school in Chapter 37?
(a) She can't even think about going back right now.
(b) She just doesn't see the point in school when everyone dies eventually.
(c) She thinks about it but needs to be with Izzy.
(d) She is ready to go back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeremy get home?
2. How does Dr. North respond to Rachel's concerns that she should have made Izzy rest more?
3. When Rachel spends the night at the hospital with Izzy, what does he ask her to do when he wakes up around midnight?
4. What does Izzy want to do in Chapter 33 when Rachel arrives at his house early on Saturday morning?
5. What does Rachel tell Lewis that it seems like her grandfather is doing when they speak in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Izzy and Rachel's daily routine at the hospital in Chapter 36.
2. Why doesn't Rachel want to leave the hospital with her parents on Tuesday night in Chapter 40?
3. How does Helena convince Izzy to let them have the party at his house?
4. Why is Izzy furious with everyone in Chapter 38?
5. Describe Uncle Lenny's phone call.
6. Describe Rachel's feelings about Izzy's death based on her phone call with Lewis in Chapter 37.
7. Are Rachel and Jeremy close?
8. How does Rachel feel about MB?
9. Does Dr. North respect Izzy?
10. How does Shirley cope with her father's illness?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)