|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is at Izzy's apartment when he and Rachel return from their first walk after his second fall?
(a) Helena, Mikey, and Lewis.
(b) Jeremy and Lenny.
(c) Alice Farnum.
(d) Manny and Shirley.
2. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
(a) He can't go to the bathroom without help.
(b) He cant walk, breathe, or spit up whats in his chest.
(c) Shirley is hovering.
(d) The crying patient in the room next door.
3. On the second day in Chapter 38, what does Izzy talk to Rachel about?
(a) His courtship with Eva and her relationship with Lewis.
(b) Shirley and Manny.
(c) His career as a stone mason.
(d) Nothing, he refuses to speak to anyone.
4. What does Rachel hear in Chapter 34 when she is outside of Izzy's hospital room?
(a) Alice Farnum laughing.
(b) The nurses gossiping.
(c) Shirley crying.
(d) Izzy groaning.
5. How does the person that Rachel thanks react in the final chapter of the story?
(a) The person insists it was nothing.
(b) The person hugs Rachel.
(c) The person kisses Rachel.
(d) The person says that she is worth it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Rachel tell her parents about Izzy's second fall right away?
2. What object are Rachel and the person she talks to in Chapter 45 standing in front of?
3. When do Rachel and Jeremy go for a walk in Chapter 43?
4. What does Rachel ask Jeremy on their walk?
5. What does the hospital technician give to Izzy in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Uncle Lenny's phone call.
2. Does Dr. North respect Izzy?
3. What does Izzy's handprint mean to Rachel?
4. Are Rachel and Jeremy close?
5. What happens when Izzy says he is afraid to go to sleep at the hospital.
6. How does Rachel react to her Grandfather's groans as she waits outside his hospital room in Chapter 34?
7. How does Izzy's death impact his family as a whole?
8. Why is Izzy furious with everyone in Chapter 38?
9. How does Helena convince Izzy to let them have the party at his house?
10. Describe Rachel's feelings about Izzy's death based on her phone call with Lewis in Chapter 37.
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)