|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jeremy get home?
(a) He hitchhikes.
(b) He rides out with MB.
(c) He rides a motorcycle.
(d) He flies.
2. How does Dr. North respond to Rachel's concerns that she should have made Izzy rest more?
(a) He says she is too young to be taking care of him anyway.
(b) He says it is just fluid accumulation.
(c) He says she has probably helped him live longer.
(d) He doesn't answer he.
3. How does the person that Rachel thanks react in the final chapter of the story?
(a) The person insists it was nothing.
(b) The person hugs Rachel.
(c) The person kisses Rachel.
(d) The person says that she is worth it.
4. What does Rachel find in Izzy's hospital room when she returns on the day following his first treatment?
(a) Balloons from Helena.
(b) A plant from Alice Farnum.
(c) An empty bed.
(d) Someone else in Izzy's bed.
5. What does Izzy want to do in Chapter 33 when Rachel arrives at his house early on Saturday morning?
(a) Go to the hardware store.
(b) Take her to the bridges again.
(c) Stay inside and rest.
(d) Stay outside all day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shirley react to Rachel's request on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
2. In Chapter 44, what does Rachel complain to Manny about?
3. What does Rachel tell Shirley she wants to do the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
4. In Rachel's journal account of Chapter 39, why does she say that Shirley had to leave Izzy on Sunday?
5. When they speak in Chapter 37, what is the tone of the conversation that Rachel and Lewis have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rachel and Izzy's visit to the cafe in Chapter 32.
2. Does Dr. North respect Izzy?
3. Describe Uncle Lenny's phone call.
4. How does Rachel say her family is dealing with Izzy's illness in her journal entry in Chapter 31?
5. How does Izzy's death impact his family as a whole?
6. Who is Rachel closest to in After the Rain?
7. Are Rachel and Jeremy close?
8. Describe Izzy's interactions with the hospital staff in Chapter 36.
9. Describe Rachel's feelings about Izzy's death based on her phone call with Lewis in Chapter 37.
10. Describe Lewis Olswanger.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)