|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shirley react to Rachel's request on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) She thinks its a bad idea and they argue.
(b) She says she can't make any more decisions right now.
(c) She thinks it makes sense and argues about it with Manny.
(d) She hugs Rachel and tells her she is growing up too fast.
2. What happens when the Coopers go to leave Izzy's room in the last part of Chapter 38?
(a) He collapses again.
(b) He falls and hits his head.
(c) He tears off his oxygen mask.
(d) He tells Shirley to leave the gift after all.
3. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
(a) That Rachel return to school.
(b) To be told everything the doctor says.
(c) To be told when he can go home.
(d) To be moved to another room.
4. Why does Rachel decide to skip the birthday party in Chapter 32?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) To take care of Izzy.
(c) To make her mom angry.
(d) To go out with Lewis.
5. Who is Phil?
(a) Rachel's brother.
(b) Izzy's brother.
(c) Lewis's father.
(d) Alice Farnum's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends the night with Izzy on the Saturday he says he is afraid to sleep?
2. Who arrives in Manny's room and asks Rachel to leave around 11 each day?
3. Where is Rachel headed at the end of After the Rain?
4. Where are Rachel and Izzy when the old man falls again in Chapter 31?
5. What does Dr. North tell Izzy after his collapse on Baker Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shirley cope with her father's illness?
2. How does Rachel say her family is dealing with Izzy's illness in her journal entry in Chapter 31?
3. Why doesn't Rachel want to leave the hospital with her parents on Tuesday night in Chapter 40?
4. Describe Rachel's feelings about Izzy's death based on her phone call with Lewis in Chapter 37.
5. Who is Rachel closest to in After the Rain?
6. How does Helena convince Izzy to let them have the party at his house?
7. Describe Izzy's death.
8. Explain Izzy's instructions regarding his death.
9. Is Rachel a stubborn person?
10. Are Rachel's reactions to situations in Chapter 34 appropriate?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)