|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the person who spends the night with Izzy on the Saturday he says he is afraid to sleep actually sleep?
(a) In the big chair.
(b) On a cot.
(c) In an empty patient bed.
(d) On a small pull out couch.
2. What does Shirley do when Rachel tells her about Izzy's second fall a full day after it occurs?
(a) Calls her self-centered.
(b) Thanks her for devoting so much time to Izzy.
(c) Calls her irresponsible.
(d) Sits down at the kitchen table and cries.
3. What did Izzy leave in his medicine cabinet that his family finds after his death?
(a) A bag of black jellybeans.
(b) An appointment card for a different doctor.
(c) A short letter to Rachel.
(d) A note with instrutions about his death.
4. How does Dr. North respond to Rachel's concerns that she should have made Izzy rest more?
(a) He says she has probably helped him live longer.
(b) He doesn't answer he.
(c) He says it is just fluid accumulation.
(d) He says she is too young to be taking care of him anyway.
5. What does Uncle Lenny tell Rachel that surprises her?
(a) That he had spoken to Izzy recently.
(b) That Izzy sent him a card once a year.
(c) That she speaks a lot like Izzy.
(d) That she looks like Eva.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the funny story that Phil tells about Izzy?
2. What does Rachel argue about with her parents in Chapter 40?
3. What do Lewis and Rachel go look for on the Saturday they fill their back packs with food?
4. What does Rachel's family do when they go to the cemetery in Chapter 42?
5. What do Manny and Shirley do when they come by after work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Izzy's death.
2. Is Rachel responsible, as of Chapter 31?
3. Explain Izzy's instructions regarding his death.
4. Describe Lewis Olswanger.
5. Describe Rachel and Izzy's visit to the cafe in Chapter 32.
6. How does Rachel feel about MB?
7. Why is Izzy furious with everyone in Chapter 38?
8. Describe Izzy's interactions with the hospital staff in Chapter 36.
9. How does Helena convince Izzy to let them have the party at his house?
10. How does Rachel react to her Grandfather's groans as she waits outside his hospital room in Chapter 34?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)