|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel thank the person she speaks to in Chapter 45 for doing?
(a) Putting up with her.
(b) Encouraging her.
(c) Sticking with her.
(d) Being so patient.
2. In Rachel's journal account of Chapter 39, why does she say that Shirley had to leave Izzy on Sunday?
(a) She vomited and started running a fever.
(b) She couldn't bear to see him in pain.
(c) She had groceries in the car.
(d) She had to go to a funeral for a friend's child.
3. What does Rachel discover in Chapter 44 that makes her feel like Izzy left a legacy after all?
(a) His handprint and initials.
(b) A tree with a plaque donated by the stonemasons.
(c) The small footbridge he made for Eva.
(d) The names of his children in a stone wall.
4. Where does Rachel take Izzy when he starts to collapse on Baker Street during their Saturday walk?
(a) Into a nearby hardware story.
(b) Into a nearby restaurant.
(c) Into a nearby ice cream shop.
(d) To a shaded tree and lets him rest on the ground.
5. Who waits outside of Izzy's hotel room with Rachel in Chapter 34?
(a) Jeremy and Alice Farnum.
(d) Manny and Shirley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel do when she returns to school the Wednesday after Izzy is hospitalized?
2. What does Dr. North tell Shirley about Izzy's condition after his second fall?
3. What does Dr. North tell Izzy when the patient asks when he will be able to go home?
4. Who is Phil?
5. What does Rachel find in Izzy's hospital room when she returns on the day following his first treatment?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Helena convince Izzy to let them have the party at his house?
2. What happens when Izzy says he is afraid to go to sleep at the hospital.
3. Why is Izzy furious with everyone in Chapter 38?
4. How does Rachel feel about MB?
5. Describe Izzy and Rachel's daily routine at the hospital in Chapter 36.
6. Describe Uncle Lenny's phone call.
7. Does Dr. North respect Izzy?
8. Are Rachel's reactions to situations in Chapter 34 appropriate?
9. What does Izzy's handprint mean to Rachel?
10. Are Rachel and Jeremy close?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)