|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change does Rachel notice in Izzy during his hospital stay?
(a) He is more energetic than before.
(b) He is less gruff with the doctors and nurses.
(c) He loses weight rapidly.
(d) He is slower to criticize Shirley.
2. What does Rachel write a story about in Chapter 44?
(a) Two teens falling in love.
(b) A stonemason looking for a handprint.
(c) A woman on a roof.
(d) A girl named Mouse.
3. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
(a) He cant walk, breathe, or spit up whats in his chest.
(b) Shirley is hovering.
(c) He can't go to the bathroom without help.
(d) The crying patient in the room next door.
4. How does the person that Rachel thanks react in the final chapter of the story?
(a) The person hugs Rachel.
(b) The person insists it was nothing.
(c) The person kisses Rachel.
(d) The person says that she is worth it.
5. What do the Coopers and Izzy do in Chapter 35?
(a) Watch golf on TV.
(b) Watch a Marx Brothers movie.
(c) Everyone listens to Rachel read a western that Izzy likes.
(d) Everyone reads their own book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Izzy treat the person who visits him in Chapter 39?
2. In Chapter 39, what is true about Izzy's lunch on Monday?
3. Where are Rachel and Izzy when the old man falls again in Chapter 31?
4. What does Rachel tell Lewis that it seems like her grandfather is doing when they speak in Chapter 37?
5. In Rachel's journal account of Chapter 39, why does she say that Shirley had to leave Izzy on Sunday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel feel about MB?
2. How does Izzy's death impact his family as a whole?
3. How does Rachel celebrate Helena's birthday?
4. Are Rachel's reactions to situations in Chapter 34 appropriate?
5. Describe Rachel's feelings about Izzy's death based on her phone call with Lewis in Chapter 37.
6. Describe Izzy's surroundings in Chapter 35.
7. Explain Izzy's instructions regarding his death.
8. Does Dr. North respect Izzy?
9. Is Rachel responsible, as of Chapter 31?
10. Describe Izzy and Rachel's daily routine at the hospital in Chapter 36.
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)