|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like when Izzy and Rachel walk for the first time after his second fall?
(a) Foggy and muggy.
(b) Sunny and pleasant.
(c) Drizzly and wet.
(d) Overcast, but not raining.
2. How does Dr. North respond to Rachel's concerns that she should have made Izzy rest more?
(a) He says she is too young to be taking care of him anyway.
(b) He says it is just fluid accumulation.
(c) He doesn't answer he.
(d) He says she has probably helped him live longer.
3. What does Shirley do when Rachel tells her about Izzy's second fall a full day after it occurs?
(a) Sits down at the kitchen table and cries.
(b) Calls her self-centered.
(c) Calls her irresponsible.
(d) Thanks her for devoting so much time to Izzy.
4. What does Izzy insist that Shirley take home with her, even though she made it for him?
(a) A sweater.
(b) An afghan.
(c) Zucchini bread.
5. What do Izzy and Rachel share on the park bench in Chapter 33?
(a) Coffee ice cream.
(d) Black jellybeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at Izzy's apartment when he and Rachel return from their first walk after his second fall?
2. Where does that last chapter of this book take place?
3. What does Rachel say that her parents look like on the night that she stays at the hospital with Izzy?
4. On Tuesday night in Chapter 40, what does Rachel do when Manny holds the elevator door open for her?
5. What is the day like when Rachel walks up and down West Creek Street counting the bridges?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Izzy's instructions regarding his death.
2. How does Rachel feel about MB?
3. How does Rachel react to her Grandfather's groans as she waits outside his hospital room in Chapter 34?
4. Are Rachel's reactions to situations in Chapter 34 appropriate?
5. Describe Rachel's feelings about Izzy's death based on her phone call with Lewis in Chapter 37.
6. Describe Rachel and Izzy's visit to the cafe in Chapter 32.
7. How does Rachel deal with her confusing feelings about her grandfather's illness and impending death in Chapter 37?
8. Describe Uncle Lenny's phone call.
9. Is Rachel responsible, as of Chapter 31?
10. What does Izzy's handprint mean to Rachel?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)