|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rachel headed at the end of After the Rain?
(a) To class.
(c) To go to work.
(d) To take a walk.
2. What does Rachel say when the family reminisces about Izzy in Chapter 42?
(a) I loved Grandpa.
(b) He built bridges.
(c) He beat me at Scrabble.
(d) We both like black jellybeans.
3. In Rachel's journal account of Chapter 39, why does she say that Shirley had to leave Izzy on Sunday?
(a) She had groceries in the car.
(b) She had to go to a funeral for a friend's child.
(c) She couldn't bear to see him in pain.
(d) She vomited and started running a fever.
4. How does Shirley react to Rachel's request on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) She thinks its a bad idea and they argue.
(b) She thinks it makes sense and argues about it with Manny.
(c) She hugs Rachel and tells her she is growing up too fast.
(d) She says she can't make any more decisions right now.
5. What does Jeremy ask Rachel to do in Chapter 43?
(a) To come and visit him.
(b) To keep sending letters.
(c) To meet his fiance.
(d) To keep her eyes open for a job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rachel feel, after she cries for Izzy, in Chapter 43?
2. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they speak in Chapter 37?
3. What did Izzy leave in his medicine cabinet that his family finds after his death?
4. Who is Phil?
5. Why doesn't Rachel tell her parents about Izzy's second fall right away?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)