|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they talk about Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 37, how does Rachel say she sometimes feels?
2. What does Izzy want to do in Chapter 33 when Rachel arrives at his house early on Saturday morning?
(a) Take her to the bridges again.
(b) Stay inside and rest.
(c) Go to the hardware store.
(d) Stay outside all day.
3. What does the hospital technician give to Izzy in Chapter 35?
(a) A card that was left for him at the front desk.
(b) A portable oxygen machine.
(c) A balloon animal.
(d) An x-ray of his lungs.
4. Where are Rachel and Izzy when the old man falls again in Chapter 31?
(a) Near a bus stop.
(b) In a park.
(c) Outside of a market.
(d) In a library.
5. Who does Rachel thank in Chapter 45?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel hear in Chapter 34 when she is outside of Izzy's hospital room?
2. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
3. What does Rachel argue about with her parents in Chapter 40?
4. Who calls Rachel to find out how Izzy is doing on Saturday in Chapter 33?
5. What does Lewis tell Rachel occurred at school when they speak in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel react to her Grandfather's groans as she waits outside his hospital room in Chapter 34?
2. Is Rachel's life back to normal after Izzy's death once she returns to school.
3. Describe Izzy's interactions with the hospital staff in Chapter 36.
4. How does Helena convince Izzy to let them have the party at his house?
5. How does Shirley cope with her father's illness?
6. Who is Rachel closest to in After the Rain?
7. How does Izzy's death impact his family as a whole?
8. What happens when Izzy says he is afraid to go to sleep at the hospital.
9. Why doesn't Rachel want to leave the hospital with her parents on Tuesday night in Chapter 40?
10. Describe Izzy's death.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)