|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. North tell Izzy when the patient asks when he will be able to go home?
(a) That he can go home on Monday.
(b) That it won't be long.
(c) That this is the best place for him for now.
(d) That he should consider saying his goodbyes here.
2. What does Rachel say that her parents look like on the night that she stays at the hospital with Izzy?
(a) Big, tired animals.
(b) Lost children.
(c) Deer caught in headlights.
3. What happens during the night that Rachel stays at the hotel with Izzy?
(a) Izzy dies.
(b) Rachels sees a dead patient removed from the room next door.
(c) Rachel breaks out in hives.
(d) Izzy stops breathing and is revived.
4. What does Rachel write a story about in Chapter 44?
(a) A woman on a roof.
(b) A girl named Mouse.
(c) Two teens falling in love.
(d) A stonemason looking for a handprint.
5. Why is Rachel jealous of MB?
(a) Because Helena is fond of MB.
(b) Because MB's grandparents are still alive.
(c) Because MB is going to college for journalism.
(d) Because MB has no responsilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel say when the family reminisces about Izzy in Chapter 42?
2. What does Rachel argue about with her parents in Chapter 40?
3. How does Izzy greet Rachel each day, as of Chapter 36, when she arrives at the hospital to visit him?
4. What does Rachel ask Jeremy on their walk?
5. What does the hospital technician give to Izzy in Chapter 35?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Rachel's life back to normal after Izzy's death once she returns to school.
2. Is Rachel responsible, as of Chapter 31?
3. How does Rachel feel about MB?
4. Describe Izzy's interactions with the hospital staff in Chapter 36.
5. Describe Izzy's surroundings in Chapter 35.
6. Are Rachel and Jeremy close?
7. Describe Izzy and Rachel's daily routine at the hospital in Chapter 36.
8. How does Rachel deal with her confusing feelings about her grandfather's illness and impending death in Chapter 37?
9. How does Izzy's death impact his family as a whole?
10. What does Izzy's handprint mean to Rachel?
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)