|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens during the night that Rachel stays at the hotel with Izzy?
(a) Rachels sees a dead patient removed from the room next door.
(b) Izzy dies.
(c) Rachel breaks out in hives.
(d) Izzy stops breathing and is revived.
2. What do Lewis and Rachel go look for on the Saturday they fill their back packs with food?
(a) Izzy's handprint.
(b) The bridge where Izzy proposed to Eva.
(c) The firetower.
(d) Eva's handprint.
3. In Chapter 44, what does Rachel complain to Manny about?
(a) That she doesn't know what to do without Izzy around.
(b) That Helena has a later curfew than she does.
(c) That it has been raining for ages.
(d) That they never talk about Izzy anymore.
4. On the second day in Chapter 38, what does Izzy talk to Rachel about?
(a) His courtship with Eva and her relationship with Lewis.
(b) Shirley and Manny.
(c) His career as a stone mason.
(d) Nothing, he refuses to speak to anyone.
5. What makes Rachel jealous when at Izzy's apartment in Chapter 32?
(a) Lewis's attention to Helena.
(b) Izzy's attention to Helena.
(c) Izzy's attention to Alice.
(d) Jeremy's attention to Shirley.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel's family do when they go to the cemetery in Chapter 42?
2. How is Izzy's mood the day after his treatment?
3. How does Izzy treat the person who visits him in Chapter 39?
4. What do Izzy and Rachel share on the park bench in Chapter 33?
5. How is Rachel's issue that she brings up to Shirley settled on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Izzy's handprint mean to Rachel?
2. Who is Rachel closest to in After the Rain?
3. Describe Izzy's death.
4. How does Rachel celebrate Helena's birthday?
5. Describe the meal the Coopers share in the hospital cafeteria in Chapter 38.
6. Does Dr. North respect Izzy?
7. How does Jeremy feel about the letters Rachel sends?
8. Are Rachel and Jeremy close?
9. Describe Lewis Olswanger.
10. How does Izzy's death impact his family as a whole?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)