|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Rachel's journal account of Chapter 39, why does she say that Shirley had to leave Izzy on Sunday?
(a) She had groceries in the car.
(b) She had to go to a funeral for a friend's child.
(c) She couldn't bear to see him in pain.
(d) She vomited and started running a fever.
2. In Chapter 39, what is true about Izzy's lunch on Monday?
(a) He says it's salty.
(b) He doesn't eat it.
(c) He only eats the lime jello.
(d) He says it's bland.
3. What does Izzy want to do in Chapter 33 when Rachel arrives at his house early on Saturday morning?
(a) Stay inside and rest.
(b) Go to the hardware store.
(c) Take her to the bridges again.
(d) Stay outside all day.
4. What does Rachel write a story about in Chapter 44?
(a) A girl named Mouse.
(b) Two teens falling in love.
(c) A stonemason looking for a handprint.
(d) A woman on a roof.
5. What does Rachel do when Izzy falls, for a second time, according to her journal entries?
(a) Calls for help.
(c) Catches him.
(d) Freezes and does nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jeremy feel about Izzy?
2. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they speak in Chapter 37?
3. What is the weather like when Izzy and Rachel walk for the first time after his second fall?
4. What does Dr. North tell Izzy when the patient asks when he will be able to go home?
5. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Izzy's handprint mean to Rachel?
2. Does Dr. North respect Izzy?
3. Who is Rachel closest to in After the Rain?
4. Are Rachel's reactions to situations in Chapter 34 appropriate?
5. Describe the meal the Coopers share in the hospital cafeteria in Chapter 38.
6. How does Rachel deal with her confusing feelings about her grandfather's illness and impending death in Chapter 37?
7. How does Rachel say her family is dealing with Izzy's illness in her journal entry in Chapter 31?
8. Is Rachel's life back to normal after Izzy's death once she returns to school.
9. Is Rachel a stubborn person?
10. Describe Izzy's interactions with the hospital staff in Chapter 36.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)