|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the funny story that Phil tells about Izzy?
(a) When Izzy got flustered by a pretty woman.
(b) When Izzy pulled his tooth out.
(c) When Izzy gave him cookies before dinner.
(d) When Izzy saved him from a chihuahua.
2. Where is Izzy taken directly after collapsing on Baker Street?
(a) To the diner.
(b) To his apartment.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To Rachel's house.
3. Where does the person who spends the night with Izzy on the Saturday he says he is afraid to sleep actually sleep?
(a) On a cot.
(b) In the big chair.
(c) On a small pull out couch.
(d) In an empty patient bed.
4. Who does Rachel thank in Chapter 45?
5. Who arrives in Manny's room and asks Rachel to leave around 11 each day?
(a) Dr. North.
(b) The red haired nurse.
(c) A lab tach.
(d) Alice Farnum.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rachel spends the night at the hospital with Izzy, what does he ask her to do when he wakes up around midnight?
2. What is the day like when Rachel walks up and down West Creek Street counting the bridges?
3. What does Jeremy ask Rachel to do in Chapter 43?
4. What does Rachel's family do when they go to the cemetery in Chapter 42?
5. What did Izzy leave in his medicine cabinet that his family finds after his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meal the Coopers share in the hospital cafeteria in Chapter 38.
2. Describe Izzy's surroundings in Chapter 35.
3. Is Rachel's life back to normal after Izzy's death once she returns to school.
4. How does Rachel react to her Grandfather's groans as she waits outside his hospital room in Chapter 34?
5. What happens when Izzy says he is afraid to go to sleep at the hospital.
6. How does Izzy's death impact his family as a whole?
7. How does Rachel deal with her confusing feelings about her grandfather's illness and impending death in Chapter 37?
8. Describe Izzy's death.
9. Does Dr. North respect Izzy?
10. Are Rachel and Jeremy close?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)