|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Grandpa Izzy angry at Rachel in Chapter 20?
(a) She didn't come to walk with him.
(b) She is being too pushy.
(c) She won't buy him cigarettes at the market.
(d) She makes her mother cry.
2. What does Rachel want to be when she grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A chef.
(d) A writer.
3. What is Rachel's nickname within her family?
4. What does Alice Farnum wear when she visits Izzy in Chapter 26?
(a) A turban.
(b) A muumuu.
(c) Oversized sunglasses.
(d) Black gloves.
5. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
(a) She eats bacon and pancakes with her parents.
(b) She get to school early for a school paper meeting.
(c) She is running late.
(d) She is in a car accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
2. Who does Rachel see at the Civic Center when she and her father go to the performance there?
3. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
4. What does Rachel say she is afraid of in Chapter 6?
5. What performance comes to town in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy after his initial tests?
2. How does Rachel recognize Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
3. How does Shirley feel about the weekly visit to Izzy's after she first learns he has cancer?
4. What does Rachel learn about Coach Al?
5. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
6. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
7. Describe Izzy and Rachel's bus trip.
8. How does Rachel's handling of Izzy's fall affect her parent's perception of her?
9. Based on his actions in Chapter 12, is Lewis a sympathetic person?
10. How does Rachel feel about her family?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)