|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Coopers go on Sunday mornings?
(a) Grandpa Izzy's house.
(c) Breakfast at the diner.
(d) Their cottage on the lake.
2. What does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
(a) Who knows if I'll be here tomorrow.
(b) Same time tomorrow?
(c) Don't do me any favors tomorrow.
(d) I suppose you're coming tomorrow?
3. What does Izzy give to Alice Farnum in Chapter 26?
(a) A cup of sugar.
(b) A plant.
(c) A book.
(d) A record album.
4. In Chapter 9, what does Rachel forget to tell her mother?
(a) About Shirley's appointment with Dr. North.
(b) About a job interview.
(c) About the note from Rachel's teacher.
(d) About Rachel's school concert.
5. What does Izzy tell Rachel about the stone wall they see on their walk in Chapter 23?
(a) He repaired the wall.
(b) He proposed to Eve next to the wall.
(c) He threw rocks at the wall after Eva's death.
(d) He built the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. North say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy when Rachel and Shirley meet him in Chapter 10?
2. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
3. Who accompanies Rachel to Poppie's Diner in Chapter 21?
4. Where do Rachel and Lewis go together on a Saturday in Chapter 13?
5. What do the Coopers do while they are at Grandpa Izzy's in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy after his initial tests?
2. Is Rachel mature or immature?
3. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
4. What is the tone of Rachel and Lewis's first two phone calls?
5. Describe the relationship between Rachel and Jeremy.
6. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
7. Describe the picture of Izzy and Eva that Izzy gives to Rachel.
8. What kind of a person is Helena?
9. Describe the Scrabble game in Chapter 24.
10. How does Rachel feel about the possibility of Izzy coming to live at her house?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)