|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Izzy take Rachel on their bus ride together?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To see the bridges he built.
(c) To his old home.
(d) To see where he proposed to Eva.
2. What does Mikey want to be when he grows up?
(a) An airline pilot.
(b) A physical therapist.
(c) A politician.
(d) A basketball player.
3. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
(a) Dr. North.
(b) Rachel's boss.
(c) Alice Farnum.
(d) Coach Al.
4. Who plays basketball every Saturday?
(a) Manny and Rachel.
(c) The Minors.
(d) Lewis and Mikey.
5. What does Rachel describe happening in Chapter 2 at the kitchen table?
(a) Her mother drinks too much.
(b) She explodes in anger at ther parents.
(c) Her parents have a violent argument.
(d) Her father says he has lost his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rachel and her mother go to picky up Izzy in Chapter 7?
2. Who ran away to England when he was younger than Rachel is in the story?
3. Who does Rachel interview for the school paper?
4. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
5. Where do Rachel and Lewis go together on a Saturday in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Izzy tell Rachel about his handprint in Chapter 29?
2. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
3. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
4. What does the doctor say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy after his initial tests?
5. How do the Coopers usually spend Sunday mornings?
6. Why is Rachel initially confused about whether or not Lewis likes her?
7. Describe the relationship between Rachel and Jeremy.
8. Describe the picture of Izzy and Eva that Izzy gives to Rachel.
9. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
10. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)