|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
(a) They go to see where Izzy built a bridge.
(b) They go to see a historic landmark.
(c) Izzy makes it to the top and collapses.
(d) Izzy can't make it to the top.
2. What does Izzy tell Rachel about the stone wall they see on their walk in Chapter 23?
(a) He proposed to Eve next to the wall.
(b) He threw rocks at the wall after Eva's death.
(c) He built the wall.
(d) He repaired the wall.
3. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
(a) In a diner.
(b) At Eva's parent's house.
(c) At the beach.
(d) In a parade.
4. Where do Rachel's parents go in Chapter 9?
(a) On a date.
(b) For a hike.
(c) To a funeral.
(d) To a friend's house.
5. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
(a) That they had a child who died before she was born.
(b) That Shirley left another man to be with Manny.
(c) That they quit college when she was born.
(d) That they eloped.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rachel and Izzy discover they both like in Chapter 25?
2. Where does Izzy take Rachel on their bus ride together?
3. What does Rachel tell Izzy to do in Chapter 18?
4. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
5. What did Grandpa Izzy do for a living before he retired?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the dinner when Izzy cooks for Rachel.
2. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
3. Why does Rachel think that something is wrong with her in Chapter 13?
4. How does Rachel feel about her family?
5. How does Shirley feel about the weekly visit to Izzy's after she first learns he has cancer?
6. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
7. What kind of a person is Helena?
8. Is Rachel mature or immature?
9. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
10. Describe Rachel and Lewis's first interactions.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)