|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. North say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy when Rachel and Shirley meet him in Chapter 10?
(a) He has a form of cancer.
(b) There is nothing wrong with him.
(c) He has severe allergies and asthma.
(d) He needs a heart transplant.
2. Who stares at Rachel during seventh period in Chapter 4?
(c) The new girl.
(d) A male teacher.
3. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they first kiss?
(a) On a sidewalk.
(b) By a waterfall.
(c) In Mikey's car.
(d) In the kitchen.
4. What does Rachel describe happening in Chapter 2 at the kitchen table?
(a) Her parents have a violent argument.
(b) Her father says he has lost his job.
(c) She explodes in anger at ther parents.
(d) Her mother drinks too much.
5. What is true of Jeremy?
(a) He has a pregnant wife.
(b) He was in the Vietnam War.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He has a chronic illness that prevents him from working.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel tell Izzy to do in Chapter 18?
2. What else does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
3. What is one of the things that Eva asked Izzy to do after she died?
4. Why does Rachel suggest that Lewis was staring at her?
5. Where is the most recent postcard that Rachel has received from Jeremy sent from, as of Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
2. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
3. How does Rachel's handling of Izzy's fall affect her parent's perception of her?
4. What does Izzy tell Rachel about his handprint in Chapter 29?
5. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
6. Describe the dinner when Izzy cooks for Rachel.
7. What does Rachel learn about Coach Al?
8. How does Rachel feel about her family?
9. Is Rachel mature or immature?
10. Describe the picture of Izzy and Eva that Izzy gives to Rachel.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)