|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who accompanies Rachel to Poppie's Diner in Chapter 21?
(a) Granpa Izzy.
2. When Rachel takes Izzy to a café in Chapter 28, what does she buy him?
(a) Hot cocoa.
(b) Maple syrup ice cream.
(c) Black coffee.
(d) Apple pie a la mode.
3. Where does Izzy take Rachel on their bus ride together?
(a) To the hospital.
(b) To see where he proposed to Eva.
(c) To his old home.
(d) To see the bridges he built.
4. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
(a) Imagines being a world famous reporter.
(b) Counts the number of pigeons they see.
(c) Sings a song she is learning in chorus.
(d) Makes up stories and thinks about Lewis.
5. What does Alice Farnum wear when she visits Izzy in Chapter 26?
(a) A turban.
(b) Oversized sunglasses.
(c) A muumuu.
(d) Black gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Rachel and Izzy discover they both like in Chapter 25?
2. What does Rachel say she is afraid of in Chapter 6?
3. What item gets broken in Chapter 13?
4. Who ran away to England when he was younger than Rachel is in the story?
5. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Uncle Lenny and Izzy have a falling out?
2. How does Jeremy feel about the letters Rachel sends?
3. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
4. How does Rachel feel about her family?
5. How does Shirley cope with her father's illness?
6. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
7. Describe the dinner when Izzy cooks for Rachel.
8. What happens when Izzy says he is afraid to go to sleep at the hospital.
9. Is Rachel mature or immature?
10. Is Rachel's life back to normal after Izzy's death once she returns to school.
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)