|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mikey want to be when he grows up?
(a) A politician.
(b) A physical therapist.
(c) A basketball player.
(d) An airline pilot.
2. Where do Rachel and her friends go after school lets out in Chapter 19?
(a) To Lewis's house.
(b) To Grandpa Izzy's.
(c) To Indian Falls Park.
(d) To the Indian Falls Festival.
3. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
(a) Imagines being a world famous reporter.
(b) Counts the number of pigeons they see.
(c) Sings a song she is learning in chorus.
(d) Makes up stories and thinks about Lewis.
4. What does Dr. North say about Izzy's fall?
(a) It has made his situation more severe.
(b) It is unrealted to his illness.
(c) He is losing control of his legs.
(d) It was caused by breating difficulties.
5. What does Izzy say about Rachel to a neighbor after their walk?
(a) That she is his guard dog.
(b) That she is his guardian angel.
(c) That she will be a famous writer.
(d) That she is just as stubborn as her grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
2. What does Izzy tell Rachel he left on one of the bridges he worked on?
3. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
4. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
5. How can Rachel tell that Izzy is in a bad mood when she arrives for their walk on Friday in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
2. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
3. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
4. Why is Rachel initially confused about whether or not Lewis likes her?
5. Explain why Rachel feels trapped into walking with Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 20.
6. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
7. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
8. Describe the picture of Izzy and Eva that Izzy gives to Rachel.
9. Is Rachel mature or immature?
10. Based on his actions in Chapter 12, is Lewis a sympathetic person?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)