|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Izzy tell Rachel that Eva was afraid of?
(b) Being poor.
2. What does Helena make for Mikey after school in Chapter 12?
(a) A scarf.
(b) A toasted cheese sandwich.
(c) A valentine.
3. Who does Rachel interview for the school paper?
(a) Helena's father.
(b) The school nurse.
(c) Grandpa Izzy.
(d) An actor.
4. What do Rachel and Izzy do when their walk gets rained out in Chapter 24?
(a) Nothing, Rachel goes home.
(b) Play scrabble.
(c) Watch an old cowboy movie.
(d) Play cards.
5. Where do Rachel and her friends go after school lets out in Chapter 19?
(a) To Lewis's house.
(b) To Indian Falls Park.
(c) To Grandpa Izzy's.
(d) To the Indian Falls Festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
2. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they first kiss?
3. What does Izzy tell Rachel about the stone wall they see on their walk in Chapter 23?
4. What does Mikey want to be when he grows up?
5. What is Rachel's nickname within her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a person is Helena?
2. Explain why Rachel feels trapped into walking with Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 20.
3. How does Rachel recognize Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
4. Describe Rachel and Lewis's first interactions.
5. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
6. What does Rachel learn about Coach Al?
7. How does Shirley feel about the weekly visit to Izzy's after she first learns he has cancer?
8. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
9. Describe the Scrabble game in Chapter 24.
10. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)