|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays basketball every Saturday?
(b) Lewis and Mikey.
(c) The Minors.
(d) Manny and Rachel.
2. Where does Rachel work from 5 to 9?
(a) At a grocery store.
(b) At a library.
(c) At a fast food restaurant.
(d) At a drycleaning facility.
3. What does Izzy tell Rachel that Eva was afraid of?
(a) Being poor.
4. Why is Shirley mad at Rachel in Chapter 13?
(a) She says Rachel doesn't care about Izzy.
(b) For getting in trouble at school.
(c) For forgetting to tell Shirley about the concert.
(d) Because Rachel didn't empty the garbage on pick up day.
5. Where do the Coopers go on Sunday mornings?
(a) Their cottage on the lake.
(c) Grandpa Izzy's house.
(d) Breakfast at the diner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Grandpa Izzy angry at Rachel in Chapter 20?
2. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
3. What is true of Jeremy?
4. Who is the second person that Rachel interviews for the school paper?
5. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mood like in the Cooper's house in Chapter 14?
2. Describe Rachel and Lewis's first interactions.
3. Why did Uncle Lenny and Izzy have a falling out?
4. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
5. How does Rachel's handling of Izzy's fall affect her parent's perception of her?
6. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
7. Based on his actions in Chapter 12, is Lewis a sympathetic person?
8. Is Rachel mature or immature?
9. Describe Izzy and Rachel's bus trip.
10. What does Rachel learn about Coach Al?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)