Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Grandpa Izzy angry at Rachel in Chapter 20?
(a) She won't buy him cigarettes at the market.
(b) She is being too pushy.
(c) She makes her mother cry.
(d) She didn't come to walk with him.
2. Why does Helena apologize to Rachel in Chapter 12?
(a) For yelling at Rachel on the way home from school.
(b) She called Rachel stupid for telling her about Izzy's illness.
(c) She forgot how real the doctor's office visit was for Rachel.
(d) For taking Rachel's journal.
3. What does Rachel want to be when she grows up?
(a) A writer.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A chef.
4. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
(a) My Side of the Mountain.
(b) The Trumpet of the Swans.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) Little Women.
5. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
(a) Izzy makes it to the top and collapses.
(b) They go to see where Izzy built a bridge.
(c) Izzy can't make it to the top.
(d) They go to see a historic landmark.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
2. What is one thing Manny does to anger Rachel in Chapter 2?
3. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
4. What does Alice Farnum wear when she visits Izzy in Chapter 26?
5. Who ran away to England when he was younger than Rachel is in the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the mood like in the Cooper's house in Chapter 14?
2. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
3. What is the tone of Rachel and Lewis's first two phone calls?
4. How does Rachel recognize Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
5. Describe Izzy's surroundings in Chapter 35.
6. How does Izzy's death impact his family as a whole?
7. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
8. How does Rachel react to her Grandfather's groans as she waits outside his hospital room in Chapter 34?
9. What does the doctor say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy after his initial tests?
10. Is Rachel responsible, as of Chapter 31?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)