|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rachel and Izzy do when their walk gets rained out in Chapter 24?
(a) Watch an old cowboy movie.
(b) Nothing, Rachel goes home.
(c) Play scrabble.
(d) Play cards.
2. What reason does Rachel gives for ending the interview for the school paper in Chapter 11?
(a) Her grandfather is dying.
(b) There is another person she needs to interview.
(c) She has all the information she needs.
(d) She has to go to work.
3. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
(d) Grandpa Izzy.
4. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
(a) The Trumpet of the Swans.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) Little Women.
(d) My Side of the Mountain.
5. What does Mikey want to be when he grows up?
(a) A basketball player.
(b) An airline pilot.
(c) A physical therapist.
(d) A politician.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rachel takes Izzy to a café in Chapter 28, what does she buy him?
2. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
3. What is true of Jeremy?
4. How can Rachel tell that Izzy is in a bad mood when she arrives for their walk on Friday in Chapter 22?
5. What do Rachel and Helena do in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
2. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
3. What is the tone of Rachel and Lewis's first two phone calls?
4. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
5. Describe Rachel and Lewis's first interactions.
6. Describe Izzy and Rachel's bus trip.
7. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
8. How does Shirley feel about the weekly visit to Izzy's after she first learns he has cancer?
9. What does Izzy tell Rachel about his handprint in Chapter 29?
10. What is the mood like in the Cooper's house in Chapter 14?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)