|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Izzy tell Rachel about Eva, on their walk in Chapter 22?
(a) She worked hard.
(b) She wrote a book.
(c) She made him laugh.
(d) She taught school.
2. What item gets broken in Chapter 13?
(a) An Oriental lampshade.
(b) An English china sugar bowl.
(c) A cut crystal vase.
(d) A ceramic candle holder.
3. What does Rachel say she is afraid of in Chapter 6?
4. Where is the most recent postcard that Rachel has received from Jeremy sent from, as of Chapter 3?
(a) New Orleans.
5. What else does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
(a) To wear headphones.
(b) That they go to the zoo.
(c) That Helena goes with them.
(d) To get to know him better.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rachel interview for the school paper?
2. Why does Helena apologize to Rachel in Chapter 12?
3. What does Rachel describe happening in Chapter 2 at the kitchen table?
4. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
5. Where do Izzy and Rachel go together in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a person is Helena?
2. Describe the Scrabble game in Chapter 24.
3. How do the Coopers usually spend Sunday mornings?
4. How does Rachel feel about her family?
5. What is the mood like in the Cooper's house in Chapter 14?
6. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
7. Why is Rachel initially confused about whether or not Lewis likes her?
8. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
9. How does Shirley feel about the weekly visit to Izzy's after she first learns he has cancer?
10. What is the tone of Rachel and Lewis's first two phone calls?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)