|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
(a) Izzy makes it to the top and collapses.
(b) They go to see a historic landmark.
(c) They go to see where Izzy built a bridge.
(d) Izzy can't make it to the top.
2. What is Rachel's nickname within her family?
3. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
(a) A jar of jelly his wife made.
(b) A phone number for hospice.
(c) A message for Manny.
(d) A prescription for pain medication.
4. What does Izzy say about Rachel to a neighbor after their walk?
(a) That she is his guard dog.
(b) That she is just as stubborn as her grandfather.
(c) That she is his guardian angel.
(d) That she will be a famous writer.
5. Why does Helena apologize to Rachel in Chapter 12?
(a) She called Rachel stupid for telling her about Izzy's illness.
(b) She forgot how real the doctor's office visit was for Rachel.
(c) For yelling at Rachel on the way home from school.
(d) For taking Rachel's journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
2. Where do Rachel and Lewis go together on a Saturday in Chapter 13?
3. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
4. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Rachel forget to tell her mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shirley feel about the weekly visit to Izzy's after she first learns he has cancer?
2. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
3. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
4. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
5. Why does Rachel think that something is wrong with her in Chapter 13?
6. What is the mood like in the Cooper's house in Chapter 14?
7. Describe Rachel and Lewis's first interactions.
8. Why did Uncle Lenny and Izzy have a falling out?
9. Describe the relationship between Rachel and Jeremy.
10. Explain why Rachel feels trapped into walking with Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 20.
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)