|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rachel and Izzy discover they both like in Chapter 25?
(a) Black jellybeans.
(b) Kung Fu movies.
(c) Jazz music.
(d) Licking the cream out of oreos.
2. Where does Izzy take Rachel on their bus ride together?
(a) To see the bridges he built.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To see where he proposed to Eva.
(d) To his old home.
3. Where does Rachel work from 5 to 9?
(a) At a drycleaning facility.
(b) At a grocery store.
(c) At a library.
(d) At a fast food restaurant.
4. What does Rachel say she is afraid of in Chapter 6?
5. What does Alice Farnum wear when she visits Izzy in Chapter 26?
(a) Oversized sunglasses.
(b) A turban.
(c) Black gloves.
(d) A muumuu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Coopers go on Sunday mornings?
2. Why are Rachel's parents annoyed with her when she first arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. What item gets broken in Chapter 13?
4. What happens to Rachel at school on Monday in Chapter 7?
5. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel recognize Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
2. How does Rachel feel about her family?
3. How does Shirley feel about the weekly visit to Izzy's after she first learns he has cancer?
4. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
5. Describe Izzy and Rachel's bus trip.
6. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
7. How does Rachel's handling of Izzy's fall affect her parent's perception of her?
8. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
9. Describe the Scrabble game in Chapter 24.
10. Explain why Rachel feels trapped into walking with Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 20.
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)