|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Rachel and Izzy discover they both like in Chapter 25?
(a) Black jellybeans.
(b) Licking the cream out of oreos.
(c) Jazz music.
(d) Kung Fu movies.
2. Why does Rachel suggest that Lewis was staring at her?
(a) Because he hates her.
(b) Because his is nearsighted.
(c) Because he is a spaced out druggie.
(d) Because someone is spreading rumors about her.
3. Who accompanies Rachel to Poppie's Diner in Chapter 21?
(b) Granpa Izzy.
4. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
(a) She get to school early for a school paper meeting.
(b) She eats bacon and pancakes with her parents.
(c) She is running late.
(d) She is in a car accident.
5. What does Rachel say she is afraid of in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
2. What happens to Grandpa Izzy that requires Rachel to go get him in Chapter 16?
3. Who ran away to England when he was younger than Rachel is in the story?
4. What item gets broken in Chapter 13?
5. What does Rachel want to be when she grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Rachel mature or immature?
2. How does Rachel's handling of Izzy's fall affect her parent's perception of her?
3. Why did Uncle Lenny and Izzy have a falling out?
4. Based on his actions in Chapter 12, is Lewis a sympathetic person?
5. What is the tone of Rachel and Lewis's first two phone calls?
6. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
7. How do the Coopers usually spend Sunday mornings?
8. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
9. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
10. How does Rachel feel about the possibility of Izzy coming to live at her house?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)