|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) A picture of Izzy and Eva.
(b) His old union card.
(c) A key to his apartment.
(d) A picture of Shirley and Eva.
2. Where is the most recent postcard that Rachel has received from Jeremy sent from, as of Chapter 3?
(c) New Orleans.
3. After meeting with Dr. North, what does Shirley tell her father about his health?
(a) That he needs a donor.
(b) That he has brought this on himself.
(c) She tells him he has a clean bill of health.
(d) She doesn't tell him anything.
4. What reason does Rachel gives for ending the interview for the school paper in Chapter 11?
(a) Her grandfather is dying.
(b) She has to go to work.
(c) There is another person she needs to interview.
(d) She has all the information she needs.
5. What happens to Grandpa Izzy that requires Rachel to go get him in Chapter 16?
(a) He is hit by a baseball.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He has a seizure and falls in a ditch.
(d) He falls while walking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel argue with Lewis after their first kiss?
2. What does Grandpa Izzy do every day?
3. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
4. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
5. What does Rachel do, as of Chapter 25, ever time she sees Izzy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
2. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
3. What is the mood like in the Cooper's house in Chapter 14?
4. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
5. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
6. Describe the dinner when Izzy cooks for Rachel.
7. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
8. Explain why Rachel feels trapped into walking with Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 20.
9. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
10. What does the doctor say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy after his initial tests?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)