|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rachel argue with Lewis after their first kiss?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is laughing.
(c) She is embarrased.
(d) She is crying.
2. Who writes a letter and who is the recipient in Chapter 2?
(a) Jeremy writes to Rachel.
(b) Helena writes to Rachel.
(c) Rachel writes to an unnamed pen pal.
(d) Rachel writers to Jeremy.
3. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
(a) She get to school early for a school paper meeting.
(b) She eats bacon and pancakes with her parents.
(c) She is running late.
(d) She is in a car accident.
4. Where does Izzy take Rachel on their bus ride together?
(a) To see where he proposed to Eva.
(b) To see the bridges he built.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To his old home.
5. Where does Lewis take Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) To a basketball game.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To meet his parents.
(d) To the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
2. Who is Rachel's best friend?
3. Where do Rachel and her mother go to picky up Izzy in Chapter 7?
4. Where do the Coopers go on Sunday mornings?
5. Why does Rachel feel guilty about telling Helena about Grandpa Izzy's illness?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Rachel feels trapped into walking with Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 20.
2. Is Rachel mature or immature?
3. How does Rachel feel about her family?
4. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
5. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
6. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
7. What does Izzy tell Rachel about his handprint in Chapter 29?
8. Describe the dinner when Izzy cooks for Rachel.
9. Why did Uncle Lenny and Izzy have a falling out?
10. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)