|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Izzy tell Rachel about Eva, on their walk in Chapter 22?
(a) She wrote a book.
(b) She made him laugh.
(c) She taught school.
(d) She worked hard.
2. After meeting with Dr. North, what does Shirley tell her father about his health?
(a) She tells him he has a clean bill of health.
(b) She doesn't tell him anything.
(c) That he has brought this on himself.
(d) That he needs a donor.
3. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
(a) Grandpa Izzy.
4. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
(a) A phone number for hospice.
(b) A prescription for pain medication.
(c) A message for Manny.
(d) A jar of jelly his wife made.
5. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
(a) She has to tell Izzy that he has cancer and is dying.
(b) She doesn't want to face Izzy who doesn't know he is dying.
(c) Rachel doesn't want to go to Izzy's for the traditional Sunday meal.
(d) Manny wants her to tell Izzy about the cancer, but she doesn't want to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rachel's parents go in Chapter 9?
2. Where is the most recent postcard that Rachel has received from Jeremy sent from, as of Chapter 3?
3. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
4. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
5. Who stares at Rachel during seventh period in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Rachel feels trapped into walking with Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 20.
2. Why does Rachel think that something is wrong with her in Chapter 13?
3. Describe the relationship between Rachel and Jeremy.
4. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
5. How do the Coopers usually spend Sunday mornings?
6. Why did Uncle Lenny and Izzy have a falling out?
7. What is the tone of Rachel and Lewis's first two phone calls?
8. How does Shirley feel about the weekly visit to Izzy's after she first learns he has cancer?
9. Describe Rachel and Lewis's first interactions.
10. What is the mood like in the Cooper's house in Chapter 14?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)