|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the most recent postcard that Rachel has received from Jeremy sent from, as of Chapter 3?
(a) New Orleans.
2. Who does Rachel see at the Civic Center when she and her father go to the performance there?
(a) Her teacher.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Minor.
3. What does Rachel tell Izzy to do in Chapter 18?
(a) To walk in the park where people are around.
(b) To stop being so mean to his own family.
(c) To take the medicine his doctor prescribed.
(d) To wait for his walk until she gets there.
4. What does Rachel describe happening in Chapter 2 at the kitchen table?
(a) Her parents have a violent argument.
(b) Her father says he has lost his job.
(c) She explodes in anger at ther parents.
(d) Her mother drinks too much.
5. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
(b) Alice Farnum.
(c) Mrs. Minor.
(d) Dr. Roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
2. What does Alice Farnum wear when she visits Izzy in Chapter 26?
3. Why does Rachel feel guilty about telling Helena about Grandpa Izzy's illness?
4. What does Izzy cook for Rachel in Chapter 27?
5. What does Mikey want to be when he grows up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Rachel initially confused about whether or not Lewis likes her?
2. Why does Rachel think that something is wrong with her in Chapter 13?
3. Describe the Scrabble game in Chapter 24.
4. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
5. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
6. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
7. What kind of a person is Helena?
8. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
9. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
10. Describe Rachel and Lewis's first interactions.
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)