|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
(c) Grandpa Izzy.
2. What do Rachel and Izzy do when their walk gets rained out in Chapter 24?
(a) Nothing, Rachel goes home.
(b) Watch an old cowboy movie.
(c) Play scrabble.
(d) Play cards.
3. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
(a) That they had a child who died before she was born.
(b) That Shirley left another man to be with Manny.
(c) That they quit college when she was born.
(d) That they eloped.
4. What does Rachel do, as of Chapter 25, ever time she sees Izzy?
(a) Straightens his collar.
(b) Brings him a newspaper.
(c) Calls him an "Old Coot."
(d) Kisses him.
5. Where does Lewis take Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) To meet his parents.
(b) To a basketball game.
(c) To the lake.
(d) To a movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel describe happening in Chapter 2 at the kitchen table?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Lewis give Rachel after their date, when they are at the burger place?
3. Who ran away to England when he was younger than Rachel is in the story?
4. Where do Rachel and her mother go to picky up Izzy in Chapter 7?
5. What does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Based on his actions in Chapter 12, is Lewis a sympathetic person?
2. What is the mood like in the Cooper's house in Chapter 14?
3. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
4. Describe the picture of Izzy and Eva that Izzy gives to Rachel.
5. Why is Rachel initially confused about whether or not Lewis likes her?
6. How do the Coopers usually spend Sunday mornings?
7. How does Shirley feel about the weekly visit to Izzy's after she first learns he has cancer?
8. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
9. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
10. What does Rachel learn about Coach Al?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)