|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Rachel gives for ending the interview for the school paper in Chapter 11?
(a) She has all the information she needs.
(b) She has to go to work.
(c) There is another person she needs to interview.
(d) Her grandfather is dying.
2. What do Rachel and Helena do in Chapter 5?
(a) Play paddleball.
(b) Make a crank phone call.
(d) Look at teen magazines.
3. What do the Coopers do while they are at Grandpa Izzy's in Chapter 15?
(a) Do a jigsaw puzzle.
(b) Build a house of cards.
(c) Play Euchre.
(d) Play Scrabble.
4. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
(a) Rachel calls a cab.
(b) They walk.
(c) A woman drives them in her car.
(d) The take the bus.
5. Where do Izzy and Rachel go together in Chapter 23?
(a) The church were Eva and Izzy were married.
(b) The house where Eva and Izzy used to live.
(c) The one room schoolhouse where Eva taught.
(d) The cemetery where Grandma Eva is buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. What else does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
2. What does Dr. North say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy when Rachel and Shirley meet him in Chapter 10?
3. What does Grandpa Izzy do every day?
4. Who writes a letter and who is the recipient in Chapter 2?
5. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Rachel and Jeremy.
2. What kind of a person is Helena?
3. Describe the Scrabble game in Chapter 24.
4. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
5. Why does Rachel think that something is wrong with her in Chapter 13?
6. Describe Izzy and Rachel's bus trip.
7. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
8. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
9. Is Rachel mature or immature?
10. How does Rachel recognize Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)