|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
(a) Imagines being a world famous reporter.
(b) Makes up stories and thinks about Lewis.
(c) Counts the number of pigeons they see.
(d) Sings a song she is learning in chorus.
2. Why does Rachel argue with Lewis after their first kiss?
(a) She is embarrased.
(b) She is laughing.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She is jealous.
3. When Rachel arrives at Izzy's for their walk in Chapter 23, what does she find?
(a) Izzy is passed out on the floor.
(b) Izzy has emptied the apartment.
(c) Izzy is asleep on the sofa.
(d) Izzy is not home.
4. What does Grandpa Izzy do every day?
(b) Gets a shot.
(c) Walks four miles.
(d) Takes meals to an elderly woman.
5. What does Grandpa Izzy tell Rachel about when she calls him in Chapter 17?
(a) That she reminds him of his dead wife.
(b) He used to get into a lot of fights when he was young.
(c) That his own father died from a fall.
(d) That he used to play stickball afterschool with his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who plays basketball every Saturday?
2. Why does Rachel feel guilty about telling Helena about Grandpa Izzy's illness?
3. Who is the second person that Rachel interviews for the school paper?
4. What is one thing Manny does to anger Rachel in Chapter 2?
5. What does Rachel tell Izzy to do in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
2. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
3. How does Rachel react to her Grandfather's groans as she waits outside his hospital room in Chapter 34?
4. How does Rachel's handling of Izzy's fall affect her parent's perception of her?
5. What does Rachel learn about Coach Al?
6. How does Izzy's death impact his family as a whole?
7. How does Rachel recognize Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
8. What is the tone of Rachel and Lewis's first two phone calls?
9. How does Rachel feel about her family?
10. Describe Rachel's feelings about Izzy's death based on her phone call with Lewis in Chapter 37.
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)