|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who writes a letter and who is the recipient in Chapter 2?
(a) Helena writes to Rachel.
(b) Jeremy writes to Rachel.
(c) Rachel writes to an unnamed pen pal.
(d) Rachel writers to Jeremy.
2. What does Izzy tell Rachel about the stone wall they see on their walk in Chapter 23?
(a) He built the wall.
(b) He proposed to Eve next to the wall.
(c) He threw rocks at the wall after Eva's death.
(d) He repaired the wall.
3. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they first kiss?
(a) By a waterfall.
(b) In Mikey's car.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) On a sidewalk.
4. What happens to Grandpa Izzy that requires Rachel to go get him in Chapter 16?
(a) He has a seizure and falls in a ditch.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He is hit by a baseball.
(d) He falls while walking.
5. Why does Rachel argue with Lewis after their first kiss?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is embarrased.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She is laughing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
2. Izzy is not waiting in the lobby in Chapter 24. What does Rachel do when she finally finds him?
3. What is one of the things that Eva asked Izzy to do after she died?
4. What does Izzy ask Rachel in Chapter 27?
5. Where do Rachel and her mother go to picky up Izzy in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
2. Describe the Scrabble game in Chapter 24.
3. Describe Rachel's feelings about Izzy's death based on her phone call with Lewis in Chapter 37.
4. How does Rachel celebrate Helena's birthday?
5. How does Rachel recognize Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
6. How does Rachel react to her Grandfather's groans as she waits outside his hospital room in Chapter 34?
7. How does Rachel feel about MB?
8. Are Rachel's reactions to situations in Chapter 34 appropriate?
9. Is Rachel responsible, as of Chapter 31?
10. How does Rachel feel about her family?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)