|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Rachel tell that Izzy is in a bad mood when she arrives for their walk on Friday in Chapter 22?
(a) He tells her he is in a bad mood.
(b) His fists are clenched and he makes her paces in the lobby.
(c) He kicks over a trashcan.
(d) His eyebrows and furrowed and he is silent.
2. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
(a) She eats bacon and pancakes with her parents.
(b) She is in a car accident.
(c) She get to school early for a school paper meeting.
(d) She is running late.
3. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
(a) Drinking from a bottle of gin.
(b) Knitting a scarf for Grandpa Izzy.
(c) Snoring loudly.
(d) Playing solitaire.
4. What does Izzy tell Rachel about Eva, on their walk in Chapter 22?
(a) She worked hard.
(b) She made him laugh.
(c) She wrote a book.
(d) She taught school.
5. When Rachel arrives at Izzy's for their walk in Chapter 23, what does she find?
(a) Izzy is not home.
(b) Izzy is passed out on the floor.
(c) Izzy is asleep on the sofa.
(d) Izzy has emptied the apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel say she is afraid of in Chapter 6?
2. What does Izzy tell Rachel he left on one of the bridges he worked on?
3. Where do Rachel and her mother go to picky up Izzy in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Rachel forget to tell her mother?
5. Where does Izzy take Rachel on their bus ride together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Izzy tell Rachel about his handprint in Chapter 29?
2. What is the tone of Rachel and Lewis's first two phone calls?
3. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
4. What kind of a person is Helena?
5. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
6. How does Rachel feel about her family?
7. Describe the place where Eva is buried.
8. How does Rachel's handling of Izzy's fall affect her parent's perception of her?
9. Why did Uncle Lenny and Izzy have a falling out?
10. What does the doctor say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy after his initial tests?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)