|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What performance comes to town in Chapter 8?
(b) The Sound of Music.
(d) The HMS Pinafore.
2. Where do Rachel's parents go in Chapter 9?
(a) On a date.
(b) For a hike.
(c) To a friend's house.
(d) To a funeral.
3. What does Izzy tell Rachel he left on one of the bridges he worked on?
(a) A present for Eva.
(b) His favorite coat.
(c) A handprint.
(d) A footprint.
4. What does Rachel say she is afraid of in Chapter 6?
5. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they first kiss?
(a) By a waterfall.
(b) In Mikey's car.
(c) On a sidewalk.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel feel guilty about telling Helena about Grandpa Izzy's illness?
2. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
3. What does Mikey want to be when he grows up?
4. What does Izzy cook for Rachel in Chapter 27?
5. Who does Rachel interview for the school paper?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the doctor say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy after his initial tests?
2. Describe Uncle Lenny's phone call.
3. What does Izzy's handprint mean to Rachel?
4. How does Rachel feel about her family?
5. Why did Uncle Lenny and Izzy have a falling out?
6. How does Rachel react to her Grandfather's groans as she waits outside his hospital room in Chapter 34?
7. What happens when Izzy says he is afraid to go to sleep at the hospital.
8. Describe Rachel and Izzy's visit to the cafe in Chapter 32.
9. Describe the dinner when Izzy cooks for Rachel.
10. Describe Izzy's interactions with the hospital staff in Chapter 36.
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)