|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Izzy tell Rachel he left on one of the bridges he worked on?
(a) A present for Eva.
(b) His favorite coat.
(c) A handprint.
(d) A footprint.
2. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
(a) That they quit college when she was born.
(b) That they had a child who died before she was born.
(c) That they eloped.
(d) That Shirley left another man to be with Manny.
3. Who does Rachel see at the Civic Center when she and her father go to the performance there?
(a) Her teacher.
(d) Mr. and Mrs. Minor.
4. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
(a) The Trumpet of the Swans.
(b) My Side of the Mountain.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) Little Women.
5. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Contentious and gruff.
(b) Subdued and silent.
(c) Angier that usual.
(d) Uncharacteristically kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Izzy ask Rachel in Chapter 27?
2. What does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
3. What does Izzy tell Rachel about Eva, on their walk in Chapter 22?
4. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
5. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rachel feel about playing paddleball with Helena's family?
2. Explain why Rachel feels trapped into walking with Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 20.
3. Why are Izzy's houseplants so important to him?
4. Why does Rachel think that something is wrong with her in Chapter 13?
5. How do the Coopers usually spend Sunday mornings?
6. Describe the picture of Izzy and Eva that Izzy gives to Rachel.
7. Is Rachel mature or immature?
8. Describe the Scrabble game in Chapter 24.
9. Based on his actions in Chapter 12, is Lewis a sympathetic person?
10. How does Shirley feel about the weekly visit to Izzy's after she first learns he has cancer?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)