|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Grandpa Izzy angry at Rachel in Chapter 20?
(a) She is being too pushy.
(b) She didn't come to walk with him.
(c) She makes her mother cry.
(d) She won't buy him cigarettes at the market.
2. What is one thing Manny does to anger Rachel in Chapter 2?
(a) Makes her mother cry.
(b) Called her by a hated nickname.
(c) Says he didn't need that job anyway.
(d) Compares her to another girl.
3. What does Izzy tell Rachel that Eva was afraid of?
(a) Being poor.
4. Where does Lewis take Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) To meet his parents.
(b) To the lake.
(c) To a basketball game.
(d) To a movie.
5. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) My Side of the Mountain.
(c) Little Women.
(d) The Trumpet of the Swans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
2. What does Izzy say about Rachel to a neighbor after their walk?
3. What do Rachel and Izzy discover they both like in Chapter 25?
4. What does Izzy tell Rachel he left on one of the bridges he worked on?
5. When Rachel takes Izzy to a café in Chapter 28, what does she buy him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rachel learn about Coach Al?
2. Describe the Scrabble game in Chapter 24.
3. Based on his actions in Chapter 12, is Lewis a sympathetic person?
4. Explain why Rachel feels trapped into walking with Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 20.
5. How does Rachel's handling of Izzy's fall affect her parent's perception of her?
6. Why did Uncle Lenny and Izzy have a falling out?
7. Describe Rachel's first kiss.
8. What shows the growing relationship between Rachel and Izzy in Chapter 25?
9. What kind of a person is Helena?
10. How does Rachel feel about the possibility of Izzy coming to live at her house?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)