|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rachel and her friends go after school lets out in Chapter 19?
(a) To Grandpa Izzy's.
(b) To Indian Falls Park.
(c) To the Indian Falls Festival.
(d) To Lewis's house.
2. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
(a) Manny wants her to tell Izzy about the cancer, but she doesn't want to.
(b) She doesn't want to face Izzy who doesn't know he is dying.
(c) She has to tell Izzy that he has cancer and is dying.
(d) Rachel doesn't want to go to Izzy's for the traditional Sunday meal.
3. Who accompanies Rachel to Poppie's Diner in Chapter 21?
(a) Granpa Izzy.
4. What does Mikey want to be when he grows up?
(a) A physical therapist.
(b) A politician.
(c) A basketball player.
(d) An airline pilot.
5. What does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
(a) Same time tomorrow?
(b) I suppose you're coming tomorrow?
(c) Who knows if I'll be here tomorrow.
(d) Don't do me any favors tomorrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Rachel's parents go in Chapter 9?
2. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
3. What does Rachel tell Izzy to do in Chapter 18?
4. What does Grandpa Izzy tell Rachel about when she calls him in Chapter 17?
5. What happens to Grandpa Izzy that requires Rachel to go get him in Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a person is Helena?
2. What does Rachel learn about Coach Al?
3. How does Rachel feel about her family?
4. Describe Izzy and Rachel's bus trip.
5. Describe the picture of Izzy and Eva that Izzy gives to Rachel.
6. How does Shirley feel about the weekly visit to Izzy's after she first learns he has cancer?
7. Describe the relationship between Rachel and Jeremy.
8. How does Rachel recognize Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
9. Explain why Rachel feels trapped into walking with Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 20.
10. How do the Coopers usually spend Sunday mornings?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)