|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plays basketball every Saturday?
(a) Manny and Rachel.
(b) The Minors.
(d) Lewis and Mikey.
2. Where do Rachel and Lewis go together on a Saturday in Chapter 13?
(a) To a party.
(b) To the lake.
(c) To the county fair.
(d) To the movies.
3. What else does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
(a) To wear headphones.
(b) That Helena goes with them.
(c) To get to know him better.
(d) That they go to the zoo.
4. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
(a) Alice Farnum.
(b) Mrs. Minor.
(c) Dr. Roof.
5. Who does Rachel see at the Civic Center when she and her father go to the performance there?
(a) Her teacher.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Minor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel suggest that Lewis was staring at her?
2. Why does Izzy cook for Rachel in Chapter 27?
3. Where do the Coopers go on Sunday mornings?
4. Who accompanies Rachel to Poppie's Diner in Chapter 21?
5. What do Rachel and Helena do in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why Rachel feels trapped into walking with Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 20.
2. Based on his actions in Chapter 12, is Lewis a sympathetic person?
3. Why does Rachel think that something is wrong with her in Chapter 13?
4. How does Rachel's handling of Izzy's fall affect her parent's perception of her?
5. Describe the Scrabble game in Chapter 24.
6. Describe Izzy and Rachel's bus trip.
7. What does Izzy tell Rachel about his handprint in Chapter 29?
8. How does Rachel recognize Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
9. Describe the relationship between Rachel and Jeremy.
10. Describe Alice Farnum's appearance.
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)