|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the funny story that Phil tells about Izzy?
(a) When Izzy saved him from a chihuahua.
(b) When Izzy gave him cookies before dinner.
(c) When Izzy got flustered by a pretty woman.
(d) When Izzy pulled his tooth out.
2. How does Jeremy get home?
(a) He hitchhikes.
(b) He rides out with MB.
(c) He rides a motorcycle.
(d) He flies.
3. What does Lewis tell Rachel occurred at school when they speak in Chapter 37?
(a) An assembly.
(b) A power outage.
(c) A sit-in.
(d) A fire drill.
4. Where does Rachel take Izzy when he starts to collapse on Baker Street during their Saturday walk?
(a) Into a nearby hardware story.
(b) Into a nearby restaurant.
(c) Into a nearby ice cream shop.
(d) To a shaded tree and lets him rest on the ground.
5. What object are Rachel and the person she talks to in Chapter 45 standing in front of?
(a) A trophy case.
(b) A table.
(c) A book shelf.
(d) A cake.
6. What does Rachel tell Lewis that it seems like her grandfather is doing when they speak in Chapter 37?
(b) Waiting to die.
(c) Pushing her away.
(d) Trying to squeeze in a lifetime of conversations.
7. What special request did Izzy have in regards to his funeral?
(a) He specified that there should be no funeral.
(b) He asked to have Rachel read a passage.
(c) He wanted the funeral to be simple with no flowers or fuss.
(d) He asked to be cremated.
8. What is the weather like when Izzy and Rachel walk for the first time after his second fall?
(a) Drizzly and wet.
(b) Sunny and pleasant.
(c) Foggy and muggy.
(d) Overcast, but not raining.
9. How does Rachel envision herself in Chapter 41 when she thinks about Izzy never having another glass of water?
(a) Drinking glass after glass but remaining thirsty.
(b) Drowning in endless glasses of water.
(c) On a dark road with hard streams of water falling down.
(d) By a pond as the water evaporate in streams up to heaven.
10. In Chapter 44, what does Rachel complain to Manny about?
(a) That Helena has a later curfew than she does.
(b) That they never talk about Izzy anymore.
(c) That she doesn't know what to do without Izzy around.
(d) That it has been raining for ages.
11. What does the family plant in Izzy's memory?
(a) A peace lily.
(b) A rosebush.
(c) A blue spruce.
(d) An oak tree.
12. What does Rachel say that her parents look like on the night that she stays at the hospital with Izzy?
(a) Lost children.
(c) Big, tired animals.
(d) Deer caught in headlights.
13. What change does Rachel notice in Izzy during his hospital stay?
(a) He loses weight rapidly.
(b) He is less gruff with the doctors and nurses.
(c) He is slower to criticize Shirley.
(d) He is more energetic than before.
14. What does Grandpa Izzy talk about in his sleep on the night that Rachel stays with him at the hospital?
(a) A book he has read.
(c) Tickets and boats.
(d) Building a bridge.
15. On Tuesday night in Chapter 40, what does Rachel do when Manny holds the elevator door open for her?
(a) Nothing, she can't make herself get on it.
(b) She runs back to Izzy's room.
(c) She crumbles to the floor in tears.
(d) She gets in, but presses the wrong button.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hospital technician give to Izzy in Chapter 35?
2. How does Jeremy feel about Izzy?
3. What does Rachel do when Izzy falls, for a second time, according to her journal entries?
4. How does Izzy treat the person who visits him in Chapter 39?
5. When does Rachel start arriving at the hospital each day in Chapter 36?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)