|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel tell Lewis about returning to school in Chapter 37?
(a) She just doesn't see the point in school when everyone dies eventually.
(b) She thinks about it but needs to be with Izzy.
(c) She can't even think about going back right now.
(d) She is ready to go back.
2. Whose birthday occurs in Chapter 32?
(a) Alice Farnum's.
3. What does Uncle Lenny tell Rachel that surprises her?
(a) That she looks like Eva.
(b) That she speaks a lot like Izzy.
(c) That Izzy sent him a card once a year.
(d) That he had spoken to Izzy recently.
4. What does Rachel say when the family reminisces about Izzy in Chapter 42?
(a) He built bridges.
(b) I loved Grandpa.
(c) He beat me at Scrabble.
(d) We both like black jellybeans.
5. What does Shirley do when Rachel tells her about Izzy's second fall a full day after it occurs?
(a) Calls her self-centered.
(b) Thanks her for devoting so much time to Izzy.
(c) Calls her irresponsible.
(d) Sits down at the kitchen table and cries.
6. How does Izzy treat the person who visits him in Chapter 39?
(a) He tries to be sociable.
(b) He is unresponsive.
(c) He is gruff and unfriendly.
(d) He is condescending.
7. How does Jeremy feel about Izzy?
(a) He's still sore at him.
(b) He's feels sorry for a man who pushed people away.
(c) He is apathetic.
(d) He is overwhlemed with sadness.
8. What is the day like when Rachel walks up and down West Creek Street counting the bridges?
(b) Sun is starting to peek through the cloud cover.
(c) Drizzly and dirty.
(d) Hazy, but the rain has stopped.
9. What does Lewis tell Rachel occurred at school when they speak in Chapter 37?
(a) A sit-in.
(b) An assembly.
(c) A fire drill.
(d) A power outage.
10. What is the weather like when Izzy and Rachel walk for the first time after his second fall?
(a) Overcast, but not raining.
(b) Foggy and muggy.
(c) Sunny and pleasant.
(d) Drizzly and wet.
11. What does Dr. North tell Izzy when the patient asks when he will be able to go home?
(a) That he can go home on Monday.
(b) That it won't be long.
(c) That this is the best place for him for now.
(d) That he should consider saying his goodbyes here.
12. How does Izzy greet Rachel each day, as of Chapter 36, when she arrives at the hospital to visit him?
(a) He is usually sleeping when she arrives.
(b) With disapproval and relief.
(c) With a laugh and comment on her nerve.
(d) With a weak smile.
13. What does Dr. North tell Izzy after his collapse on Baker Street?
(a) That he needs to stay in the hospital indefinitely.
(b) That he will probably be home in a few days.
(c) That he made his own situation worse.
(d) That he is showing slow signs of improvement.
14. Where does the person who spends the night with Izzy on the Saturday he says he is afraid to sleep actually sleep?
(a) On a cot.
(b) On a small pull out couch.
(c) In the big chair.
(d) In an empty patient bed.
15. How is Izzy's mood the day after his treatment?
(a) Agitated and restless.
(b) Better, he is his crotchedy old self.
(c) He seems resigned and lacks energy.
(d) Subdued, as he sleeps most of the day.
Short Answer Questions
1. On Tuesday night in Chapter 40, what does Rachel do when Manny holds the elevator door open for her?
2. Why does Rachel decide to skip the birthday party in Chapter 32?
3. Where does Rachel take Izzy when he starts to collapse on Baker Street during their Saturday walk?
4. What does Rachel argue about with her parents in Chapter 40?
5. What happens during the night that Rachel stays at the hotel with Izzy?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)