|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Rachel's issue that she brings up to Shirley settled on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) Izzy collapses again and the topic is dropped.
(b) Dr. North says its a bad idea and Rachel drops the subject.
(c) Manny gives in and Rachel gets her way.
(d) Shirley gives in and Rachel gets her way.
2. What does Grandpa Izzy talk about in his sleep on the night that Rachel stays with him at the hospital?
(b) Building a bridge.
(c) A book he has read.
(d) Tickets and boats.
3. Whose birthday occurs in Chapter 32?
(d) Alice Farnum's.
4. How does Izzy treat the person who visits him in Chapter 39?
(a) He is gruff and unfriendly.
(b) He tries to be sociable.
(c) He is condescending.
(d) He is unresponsive.
5. What do Lewis and Rachel go look for on the Saturday they fill their back packs with food?
(a) The firetower.
(b) The bridge where Izzy proposed to Eva.
(c) Izzy's handprint.
(d) Eva's handprint.
6. What happens during the night that Rachel stays at the hotel with Izzy?
(a) Izzy dies.
(b) Rachel breaks out in hives.
(c) Rachels sees a dead patient removed from the room next door.
(d) Izzy stops breathing and is revived.
7. What is the funny story that Phil tells about Izzy?
(a) When Izzy pulled his tooth out.
(b) When Izzy got flustered by a pretty woman.
(c) When Izzy saved him from a chihuahua.
(d) When Izzy gave him cookies before dinner.
8. Who calls Rachel to find out how Izzy is doing on Saturday in Chapter 33?
(a) Alice Farnum.
(d) Helena and Lewis.
9. How does Jeremy get home?
(a) He rides a motorcycle.
(b) He flies.
(c) He rides out with MB.
(d) He hitchhikes.
10. What does Rachel tell Lewis that it seems like her grandfather is doing when they speak in Chapter 37?
(a) Trying to squeeze in a lifetime of conversations.
(b) Pushing her away.
(d) Waiting to die.
11. What does Rachel write a story about in Chapter 44?
(a) A girl named Mouse.
(b) A woman on a roof.
(c) A stonemason looking for a handprint.
(d) Two teens falling in love.
12. What does Rachel's family do when they go to the cemetery in Chapter 42?
(a) Sit and tell stories at Eva's grave.
(b) Sets flowers on his grave site.
(c) String a branch of flowers from Eva's grave to Izzy's.
(d) Scatters Izzy's ashes over Eva's grave.
13. What does Rachel do when Izzy falls, for a second time, according to her journal entries?
(a) Calls for help.
(b) Catches him.
(d) Freezes and does nothing.
14. How does Rachel feel, after she cries for Izzy, in Chapter 43?
(d) Full of grief.
15. Where does the person who spends the night with Izzy on the Saturday he says he is afraid to sleep actually sleep?
(a) In an empty patient bed.
(b) In the big chair.
(c) On a small pull out couch.
(d) On a cot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they speak in Chapter 37?
2. On the second day in Chapter 38, what does Izzy talk to Rachel about?
3. What is the day like when Rachel walks up and down West Creek Street counting the bridges?
4. What is the weather like when Izzy and Rachel walk for the first time after his second fall?
5. Where does Uncle Lenny call from?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)