|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they talk about Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 37, how does Rachel say she sometimes feels?
2. What does Rachel tell Shirley she wants to do the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) Spend the nights with Izzy and catch the school bus near the hospital.
(b) Bring Izzy to stay at the Cooper's house.
(c) Interview Izzy with a cassette recorder.
(d) Skip school to be with Izzy.
3. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
(a) To be moved to another room.
(b) That Rachel return to school.
(c) To be told when he can go home.
(d) To be told everything the doctor says.
4. What does Rachel ask Jeremy on their walk?
(a) Why he never answers her letters.
(b) If she should stop sending letters.
(c) Why he moved so far away.
(d) If she can come to visit him.
5. What makes Rachel jealous when at Izzy's apartment in Chapter 32?
(a) Lewis's attention to Helena.
(b) Izzy's attention to Helena.
(c) Izzy's attention to Alice.
(d) Jeremy's attention to Shirley.
6. Why does Rachel decide to skip the birthday party in Chapter 32?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) To take care of Izzy.
(c) To go out with Lewis.
(d) To make her mom angry.
7. How does Rachel envision herself in Chapter 41 when she thinks about Izzy never having another glass of water?
(a) On a dark road with hard streams of water falling down.
(b) Drowning in endless glasses of water.
(c) By a pond as the water evaporate in streams up to heaven.
(d) Drinking glass after glass but remaining thirsty.
8. Where does that last chapter of this book take place?
(a) At a graduation party.
(b) In a grocery store.
(c) At the Cooper's home.
(d) At school.
9. On Tuesday night in Chapter 40, what does Rachel do when Manny holds the elevator door open for her?
(a) Nothing, she can't make herself get on it.
(b) She gets in, but presses the wrong button.
(c) She runs back to Izzy's room.
(d) She crumbles to the floor in tears.
10. Who spends the night with Izzy on the Saturday he says he is afraid to sleep?
11. What does Rachel hear in Chapter 34 when she is outside of Izzy's hospital room?
(a) The nurses gossiping.
(b) Shirley crying.
(c) Izzy groaning.
(d) Alice Farnum laughing.
12. What does Rachel argue about with her parents in Chapter 40?
(a) They want her to go back to school.
(b) She wants to spend the night with Izzy.
(c) They don't want her to see Lewis anymore.
(d) She thinks Shirley should spend more time at the hospital.
13. What special request did Izzy have in regards to his funeral?
(a) He asked to be cremated.
(b) He asked to have Rachel read a passage.
(c) He wanted the funeral to be simple with no flowers or fuss.
(d) He specified that there should be no funeral.
14. In Chapter 44, what does Rachel complain to Manny about?
(a) That they never talk about Izzy anymore.
(b) That she doesn't know what to do without Izzy around.
(c) That it has been raining for ages.
(d) That Helena has a later curfew than she does.
15. What does Rachel's family do when they go to the cemetery in Chapter 42?
(a) Scatters Izzy's ashes over Eva's grave.
(b) String a branch of flowers from Eva's grave to Izzy's.
(c) Sets flowers on his grave site.
(d) Sit and tell stories at Eva's grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Rachel and Izzy when the old man falls again in Chapter 31?
2. What does Rachel eat at the hospital cafeteria with her parents when Shirley complains about the food?
3. What does Izzy want to do in Chapter 33 when Rachel arrives at his house early on Saturday morning?
4. When does Rachel start arriving at the hospital each day in Chapter 36?
5. Where does Rachel take Izzy when he starts to collapse on Baker Street during their Saturday walk?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)