|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When do Rachel and Jeremy go for a walk in Chapter 43?
(a) First thing in the morning.
(b) As it starts to sprinkle.
(c) Late in the afternoon.
(d) At sunset.
2. What is the weather like when Izzy and Rachel walk for the first time after his second fall?
(a) Overcast, but not raining.
(b) Drizzly and wet.
(c) Sunny and pleasant.
(d) Foggy and muggy.
3. When does Rachel start arriving at the hospital each day in Chapter 36?
(a) By 3 pm.
(b) From 6 pm every evening.
(c) By 8 am.
(d) By noon and again by 4 pm.
4. Who waits outside of Izzy's hotel room with Rachel in Chapter 34?
(b) Jeremy and Alice Farnum.
(c) Manny and Shirley.
5. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
(a) That Rachel return to school.
(b) To be moved to another room.
(c) To be told when he can go home.
(d) To be told everything the doctor says.
6. Why doesn't Rachel tell her parents about Izzy's second fall right away?
(a) She is still mad at her mother.
(b) She knows they will worry.
(c) She gets distracted by Lewis.
(d) She is afraid they will hospitalize him.
7. Where does Uncle Lenny call from?
(a) His hospital bed.
(b) The airport.
8. Where does that last chapter of this book take place?
(a) At the Cooper's home.
(b) In a grocery store.
(c) At a graduation party.
(d) At school.
9. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
(a) He can't go to the bathroom without help.
(b) Shirley is hovering.
(c) The crying patient in the room next door.
(d) He cant walk, breathe, or spit up whats in his chest.
10. What does Grandpa Izzy talk about in his sleep on the night that Rachel stays with him at the hospital?
(b) Tickets and boats.
(c) A book he has read.
(d) Building a bridge.
11. What does Rachel tell Lewis about returning to school in Chapter 37?
(a) She thinks about it but needs to be with Izzy.
(b) She just doesn't see the point in school when everyone dies eventually.
(c) She is ready to go back.
(d) She can't even think about going back right now.
12. Who is at Izzy's apartment when he and Rachel return from their first walk after his second fall?
(a) Manny and Shirley.
(b) Jeremy and Lenny.
(c) Helena, Mikey, and Lewis.
(d) Alice Farnum.
13. Who does Rachel thank in Chapter 45?
14. Where does Rachel take Izzy when he starts to collapse on Baker Street during their Saturday walk?
(a) Into a nearby hardware story.
(b) Into a nearby ice cream shop.
(c) Into a nearby restaurant.
(d) To a shaded tree and lets him rest on the ground.
15. What does Rachel discover in Chapter 44 that makes her feel like Izzy left a legacy after all?
(a) The small footbridge he made for Eva.
(b) The names of his children in a stone wall.
(c) A tree with a plaque donated by the stonemasons.
(d) His handprint and initials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who spends the night with Izzy on the Saturday he says he is afraid to sleep?
2. What does the family plant in Izzy's memory?
3. What object are Rachel and the person she talks to in Chapter 45 standing in front of?
4. Who comes to visit Izzy on Sunday in Chapter 39?
5. When they speak in Chapter 37, what is the tone of the conversation that Rachel and Lewis have?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)