|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Izzy greet Rachel each day, as of Chapter 36, when she arrives at the hospital to visit him?
(a) With a laugh and comment on her nerve.
(b) He is usually sleeping when she arrives.
(c) With a weak smile.
(d) With disapproval and relief.
2. What does Rachel eat at the hospital cafeteria with her parents when Shirley complains about the food?
(a) American goulash.
(b) A chef salad.
(c) A tuna salad sandwich.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
3. What does Rachel write a story about in Chapter 44?
(a) A stonemason looking for a handprint.
(b) Two teens falling in love.
(c) A woman on a roof.
(d) A girl named Mouse.
4. What does the hospital technician give to Izzy in Chapter 35?
(a) A portable oxygen machine.
(b) A card that was left for him at the front desk.
(c) A balloon animal.
(d) An x-ray of his lungs.
5. How does the person that Rachel thanks react in the final chapter of the story?
(a) The person says that she is worth it.
(b) The person kisses Rachel.
(c) The person insists it was nothing.
(d) The person hugs Rachel.
6. How does Jeremy feel about Izzy?
(a) He's still sore at him.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He's feels sorry for a man who pushed people away.
(d) He is overwhlemed with sadness.
7. Where does Uncle Lenny call from?
(b) The airport.
(c) His hospital bed.
8. What does Dr. North tell Shirley about Izzy's condition after his second fall?
(a) That Izzy should get his affairs in order.
(b) That Izzy must be hospitalized to get better.
(c) That Izzy needs an organ transplant.
(d) That Izzy will keep getting weaker.
9. What happens during the night that Rachel stays at the hotel with Izzy?
(a) Rachel breaks out in hives.
(b) Izzy stops breathing and is revived.
(c) Izzy dies.
(d) Rachels sees a dead patient removed from the room next door.
10. Where does Rachel take Izzy when he starts to collapse on Baker Street during their Saturday walk?
(a) To a shaded tree and lets him rest on the ground.
(b) Into a nearby restaurant.
(c) Into a nearby hardware story.
(d) Into a nearby ice cream shop.
11. What does Uncle Lenny tell Rachel that surprises her?
(a) That she speaks a lot like Izzy.
(b) That she looks like Eva.
(c) That Izzy sent him a card once a year.
(d) That he had spoken to Izzy recently.
12. What is the weather like when Izzy and Rachel walk for the first time after his second fall?
(a) Foggy and muggy.
(b) Overcast, but not raining.
(c) Sunny and pleasant.
(d) Drizzly and wet.
13. What does Rachel say that her parents look like on the night that she stays at the hospital with Izzy?
(b) Big, tired animals.
(c) Lost children.
(d) Deer caught in headlights.
14. What does Rachel tell Lewis that it seems like her grandfather is doing when they speak in Chapter 37?
(a) Pushing her away.
(b) Trying to squeeze in a lifetime of conversations.
(c) Waiting to die.
15. On the second day in Chapter 38, what does Izzy talk to Rachel about?
(a) His career as a stone mason.
(b) Shirley and Manny.
(c) His courtship with Eva and her relationship with Lewis.
(d) Nothing, he refuses to speak to anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shirley react to Rachel's request on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
2. What term of endearment does Izzy call Rachel on the day of the birthday party?
3. What do Lewis and Rachel go look for on the Saturday they fill their back packs with food?
4. What is the funny story that Phil tells about Izzy?
5. What does Jeremy ask Rachel to do in Chapter 43?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)