|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel argue about with her parents in Chapter 40?
(a) She wants to spend the night with Izzy.
(b) She thinks Shirley should spend more time at the hospital.
(c) They don't want her to see Lewis anymore.
(d) They want her to go back to school.
2. Where is Izzy taken directly after collapsing on Baker Street?
(a) To Rachel's house.
(b) To the diner.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To his apartment.
3. What happens during the night that Rachel stays at the hotel with Izzy?
(a) Izzy dies.
(b) Izzy stops breathing and is revived.
(c) Rachels sees a dead patient removed from the room next door.
(d) Rachel breaks out in hives.
4. How does Rachel feel, after she cries for Izzy, in Chapter 43?
(c) Full of grief.
5. When does Rachel start arriving at the hospital each day in Chapter 36?
(a) By 8 am.
(b) By 3 pm.
(c) By noon and again by 4 pm.
(d) From 6 pm every evening.
6. What does Rachel write a story about in Chapter 44?
(a) A girl named Mouse.
(b) Two teens falling in love.
(c) A stonemason looking for a handprint.
(d) A woman on a roof.
7. What does Rachel thank the person she speaks to in Chapter 45 for doing?
(a) Sticking with her.
(b) Putting up with her.
(c) Being so patient.
(d) Encouraging her.
8. What does Rachel find in Izzy's hospital room when she returns on the day following his first treatment?
(a) A plant from Alice Farnum.
(b) Someone else in Izzy's bed.
(c) An empty bed.
(d) Balloons from Helena.
9. What does Lewis tell Rachel occurred at school when they speak in Chapter 37?
(a) A fire drill.
(b) An assembly.
(c) A sit-in.
(d) A power outage.
10. What does the family plant in Izzy's memory?
(a) A peace lily.
(b) An oak tree.
(c) A rosebush.
(d) A blue spruce.
11. What does Rachel do when Izzy falls, for a second time, according to her journal entries?
(a) Catches him.
(b) Freezes and does nothing.
(c) Calls for help.
12. Who is Phil?
(a) Alice Farnum's son.
(b) Rachel's brother.
(c) Izzy's brother.
(d) Lewis's father.
13. What does Rachel ask Jeremy on their walk?
(a) If she should stop sending letters.
(b) Why he never answers her letters.
(c) Why he moved so far away.
(d) If she can come to visit him.
14. What does Dr. North tell Izzy when the patient asks when he will be able to go home?
(a) That he should consider saying his goodbyes here.
(b) That it won't be long.
(c) That this is the best place for him for now.
(d) That he can go home on Monday.
15. On the second day in Chapter 38, what does Izzy talk to Rachel about?
(a) His courtship with Eva and her relationship with Lewis.
(b) Nothing, he refuses to speak to anyone.
(c) His career as a stone mason.
(d) Shirley and Manny.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Rachel jealous of MB?
2. How does Izzy treat the person who visits him in Chapter 39?
3. Who is at Izzy's apartment when he and Rachel return from their first walk after his second fall?
4. How does the person that Rachel thanks react in the final chapter of the story?
5. How is Izzy's mood the day after his treatment?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)