Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rachel spends the night at the hospital with Izzy, what does he ask her to do when he wakes up around midnight?
(a) Remember him.
(b) Hold his hand.
(c) Go for a walk in the corridor.
(d) To tell him a story about her life at high school.
2. What change does Rachel notice in Izzy during his hospital stay?
(a) He is slower to criticize Shirley.
(b) He loses weight rapidly.
(c) He is less gruff with the doctors and nurses.
(d) He is more energetic than before.
3. Where are Rachel and Izzy when the old man falls again in Chapter 31?
(a) In a library.
(b) Near a bus stop.
(c) Outside of a market.
(d) In a park.
4. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they speak in Chapter 37?
(a) On the phone.
(b) In Poppie's Diner.
(c) In the hospital cafeteria.
(d) At Rachel's kitchen table.
5. When do Rachel and Jeremy go for a walk in Chapter 43?
(a) As it starts to sprinkle.
(b) Late in the afternoon.
(c) At sunset.
(d) First thing in the morning.
6. What happens during the night that Rachel stays at the hotel with Izzy?
(a) Rachels sees a dead patient removed from the room next door.
(b) Izzy dies.
(c) Izzy stops breathing and is revived.
(d) Rachel breaks out in hives.
7. Why does Rachel finally decide that she is so angry in Chapter 31?
(a) She is angry that Helena leads such a charmed life.
(b) She is angry that Izzy is too stubborn to go to the hospital.
(c) She is angry that Izzy is dying.
(d) She is angry that her mother treats her like a child.
8. What does Grandpa Izzy talk about in his sleep on the night that Rachel stays with him at the hospital?
(a) A book he has read.
(b) Building a bridge.
(c) Tickets and boats.
9. How does Jeremy feel about Izzy?
(a) He is overwhlemed with sadness.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He's feels sorry for a man who pushed people away.
(d) He's still sore at him.
10. What term of endearment does Izzy call Rachel on the day of the birthday party?
11. What does Rachel tell Lewis that it seems like her grandfather is doing when they speak in Chapter 37?
(a) Pushing her away.
(b) Waiting to die.
(c) Trying to squeeze in a lifetime of conversations.
12. In Rachel's journal account of Chapter 39, why does she say that Shirley had to leave Izzy on Sunday?
(a) She had groceries in the car.
(b) She couldn't bear to see him in pain.
(c) She had to go to a funeral for a friend's child.
(d) She vomited and started running a fever.
13. Where is Rachel headed at the end of After the Rain?
(a) To go to work.
(b) To take a walk.
(c) To class.
14. Where does Uncle Lenny call from?
(b) The airport.
(c) His hospital bed.
15. What does Dr. North tell Shirley about Izzy's condition after his second fall?
(a) That Izzy must be hospitalized to get better.
(b) That Izzy needs an organ transplant.
(c) That Izzy should get his affairs in order.
(d) That Izzy will keep getting weaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hospital technician give to Izzy in Chapter 35?
2. What does Rachel write a story about in Chapter 44?
3. What object are Rachel and the person she talks to in Chapter 45 standing in front of?
4. Where is Izzy taken directly after collapsing on Baker Street?
5. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)