|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rachel finally decide that she is so angry in Chapter 31?
(a) She is angry that Izzy is dying.
(b) She is angry that Izzy is too stubborn to go to the hospital.
(c) She is angry that her mother treats her like a child.
(d) She is angry that Helena leads such a charmed life.
2. When do Rachel and Jeremy go for a walk in Chapter 43?
(a) At sunset.
(b) As it starts to sprinkle.
(c) Late in the afternoon.
(d) First thing in the morning.
3. What does Rachel argue about with her parents in Chapter 40?
(a) She wants to spend the night with Izzy.
(b) They don't want her to see Lewis anymore.
(c) She thinks Shirley should spend more time at the hospital.
(d) They want her to go back to school.
4. How does Rachel feel, after she cries for Izzy, in Chapter 43?
(c) Full of grief.
5. What is the funny story that Phil tells about Izzy?
(a) When Izzy saved him from a chihuahua.
(b) When Izzy gave him cookies before dinner.
(c) When Izzy got flustered by a pretty woman.
(d) When Izzy pulled his tooth out.
6. What does Dr. North tell Izzy when the patient asks when he will be able to go home?
(a) That he can go home on Monday.
(b) That this is the best place for him for now.
(c) That he should consider saying his goodbyes here.
(d) That it won't be long.
7. What does Jeremy ask Rachel to do in Chapter 43?
(a) To keep sending letters.
(b) To come and visit him.
(c) To meet his fiance.
(d) To keep her eyes open for a job.
8. What does Rachel discover in Chapter 44 that makes her feel like Izzy left a legacy after all?
(a) A tree with a plaque donated by the stonemasons.
(b) His handprint and initials.
(c) The names of his children in a stone wall.
(d) The small footbridge he made for Eva.
9. What does Rachel ask Jeremy on their walk?
(a) Why he moved so far away.
(b) If she can come to visit him.
(c) Why he never answers her letters.
(d) If she should stop sending letters.
10. In Chapter 39, what is true about Izzy's lunch on Monday?
(a) He says it's salty.
(b) He doesn't eat it.
(c) He only eats the lime jello.
(d) He says it's bland.
11. What does the hospital technician give to Izzy in Chapter 35?
(a) A portable oxygen machine.
(b) A balloon animal.
(c) A card that was left for him at the front desk.
(d) An x-ray of his lungs.
12. When does Rachel start arriving at the hospital each day in Chapter 36?
(a) From 6 pm every evening.
(b) By noon and again by 4 pm.
(c) By 3 pm.
(d) By 8 am.
13. In Chapter 44, what does Rachel complain to Manny about?
(a) That it has been raining for ages.
(b) That she doesn't know what to do without Izzy around.
(c) That they never talk about Izzy anymore.
(d) That Helena has a later curfew than she does.
14. What does Jeremy point out to Rachel when they take their walk on the day they scatter Izzy's ashes?
(a) A drugstore where he worked as a teenager.
(b) A park where he used to go to draw and paint.
(c) A crummy little market where teens used to hang out.
(d) A park that Manny took him to.
15. Where does Rachel take Izzy when he starts to collapse on Baker Street during their Saturday walk?
(a) Into a nearby hardware story.
(b) Into a nearby restaurant.
(c) Into a nearby ice cream shop.
(d) To a shaded tree and lets him rest on the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel decide to skip the birthday party in Chapter 32?
2. Where does Uncle Lenny call from?
3. What does the family plant in Izzy's memory?
4. What does Rachel write a story about in Chapter 44?
5. What do Manny and Shirley do when they come by after work?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)