|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Rachel jealous of MB?
(a) Because MB is going to college for journalism.
(b) Because MB has no responsilities.
(c) Because Helena is fond of MB.
(d) Because MB's grandparents are still alive.
2. What do Manny and Shirley do when they come by after work?
(a) Clean things that aren't messy.
(b) Laugh at things that aren't funny.
(c) Bring gifts from the gift shop.
(d) Bring mail from Izzy's house.
3. When they speak in Chapter 37, what is the tone of the conversation that Rachel and Lewis have?
4. Where does Uncle Lenny call from?
(a) The airport.
(b) His hospital bed.
5. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
(a) To be moved to another room.
(b) To be told everything the doctor says.
(c) That Rachel return to school.
(d) To be told when he can go home.
6. Who is Phil?
(a) Alice Farnum's son.
(b) Lewis's father.
(c) Rachel's brother.
(d) Izzy's brother.
7. How is Izzy's mood the day after his treatment?
(a) Subdued, as he sleeps most of the day.
(b) Better, he is his crotchedy old self.
(c) He seems resigned and lacks energy.
(d) Agitated and restless.
8. When does Rachel start arriving at the hospital each day in Chapter 36?
(a) By noon and again by 4 pm.
(b) By 8 am.
(c) By 3 pm.
(d) From 6 pm every evening.
9. In Chapter 39, what is true about Izzy's lunch on Monday?
(a) He only eats the lime jello.
(b) He says it's bland.
(c) He doesn't eat it.
(d) He says it's salty.
10. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they speak in Chapter 37?
(a) In the hospital cafeteria.
(b) On the phone.
(c) At Rachel's kitchen table.
(d) In Poppie's Diner.
11. When Rachel spends the night at the hospital with Izzy, what does he ask her to do when he wakes up around midnight?
(a) Go for a walk in the corridor.
(b) To tell him a story about her life at high school.
(c) Hold his hand.
(d) Remember him.
12. Why does Rachel decide to skip the birthday party in Chapter 32?
(a) To go out with Lewis.
(b) To make her mom angry.
(c) She is jealous.
(d) To take care of Izzy.
13. What does Rachel's family do when they go to the cemetery in Chapter 42?
(a) Sit and tell stories at Eva's grave.
(b) String a branch of flowers from Eva's grave to Izzy's.
(c) Sets flowers on his grave site.
(d) Scatters Izzy's ashes over Eva's grave.
14. What happens during the night that Rachel stays at the hotel with Izzy?
(a) Rachels sees a dead patient removed from the room next door.
(b) Izzy dies.
(c) Rachel breaks out in hives.
(d) Izzy stops breathing and is revived.
15. What do Izzy and Rachel share on the park bench in Chapter 33?
(b) Coffee ice cream.
(d) Black jellybeans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change does Rachel notice in Izzy during his hospital stay?
2. How does Dr. North respond to Rachel's concerns that she should have made Izzy rest more?
3. How does Izzy treat the person who visits him in Chapter 39?
4. What does Rachel discover in Chapter 44 that makes her feel like Izzy left a legacy after all?
5. What does Shirley do when Rachel tells her about Izzy's second fall a full day after it occurs?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)