|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel say when the family reminisces about Izzy in Chapter 42?
(a) We both like black jellybeans.
(b) I loved Grandpa.
(c) He built bridges.
(d) He beat me at Scrabble.
2. What does Rachel discover in Chapter 44 that makes her feel like Izzy left a legacy after all?
(a) The small footbridge he made for Eva.
(b) A tree with a plaque donated by the stonemasons.
(c) The names of his children in a stone wall.
(d) His handprint and initials.
3. Where is Izzy taken directly after collapsing on Baker Street?
(a) To the diner.
(b) To the hospital.
(c) To his apartment.
(d) To Rachel's house.
4. What does Dr. North tell Shirley about Izzy's condition after his second fall?
(a) That Izzy needs an organ transplant.
(b) That Izzy should get his affairs in order.
(c) That Izzy must be hospitalized to get better.
(d) That Izzy will keep getting weaker.
5. What term of endearment does Izzy call Rachel on the day of the birthday party?
6. How does Shirley react to Rachel's request on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) She thinks its a bad idea and they argue.
(b) She hugs Rachel and tells her she is growing up too fast.
(c) She says she can't make any more decisions right now.
(d) She thinks it makes sense and argues about it with Manny.
7. What does Dr. North tell Izzy when the patient asks when he will be able to go home?
(a) That this is the best place for him for now.
(b) That it won't be long.
(c) That he can go home on Monday.
(d) That he should consider saying his goodbyes here.
8. What does Dr. North tell Izzy after his collapse on Baker Street?
(a) That he will probably be home in a few days.
(b) That he made his own situation worse.
(c) That he needs to stay in the hospital indefinitely.
(d) That he is showing slow signs of improvement.
9. Who is Phil?
(a) Alice Farnum's son.
(b) Lewis's father.
(c) Izzy's brother.
(d) Rachel's brother.
10. What do the Coopers and Izzy do in Chapter 35?
(a) Watch golf on TV.
(b) Everyone reads their own book.
(c) Watch a Marx Brothers movie.
(d) Everyone listens to Rachel read a western that Izzy likes.
11. What do Izzy and Rachel share on the park bench in Chapter 33?
(a) Black jellybeans.
(b) Coffee ice cream.
12. When they speak in Chapter 37, what is the tone of the conversation that Rachel and Lewis have?
13. Who comes to visit Izzy on Sunday in Chapter 39?
(a) Alice Farnum.
14. What is the weather like when Izzy and Rachel walk for the first time after his second fall?
(a) Sunny and pleasant.
(b) Drizzly and wet.
(c) Foggy and muggy.
(d) Overcast, but not raining.
15. Where does Rachel take Izzy when he starts to collapse on Baker Street during their Saturday walk?
(a) Into a nearby hardware story.
(b) Into a nearby restaurant.
(c) To a shaded tree and lets him rest on the ground.
(d) Into a nearby ice cream shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens after Izzy's treatment in the hospital?
2. When do Rachel and Jeremy go for a walk in Chapter 43?
3. When does Rachel start arriving at the hospital each day in Chapter 36?
4. What do Lewis and Rachel go look for on the Saturday they fill their back packs with food?
5. What does Rachel do when Izzy falls, for a second time, according to her journal entries?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)