|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they talk about Grandpa Izzy in Chapter 37, how does Rachel say she sometimes feels?
2. How does Dr. North respond to Rachel's concerns that she should have made Izzy rest more?
(a) He says she has probably helped him live longer.
(b) He says she is too young to be taking care of him anyway.
(c) He says it is just fluid accumulation.
(d) He doesn't answer he.
3. How is Rachel's issue that she brings up to Shirley settled on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) Manny gives in and Rachel gets her way.
(b) Dr. North says its a bad idea and Rachel drops the subject.
(c) Shirley gives in and Rachel gets her way.
(d) Izzy collapses again and the topic is dropped.
4. How does Izzy treat the person who visits him in Chapter 39?
(a) He is gruff and unfriendly.
(b) He tries to be sociable.
(c) He is unresponsive.
(d) He is condescending.
5. What do Izzy and Rachel share on the park bench in Chapter 33?
(a) Black jellybeans.
(b) Coffee ice cream.
6. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they speak in Chapter 37?
(a) At Rachel's kitchen table.
(b) In Poppie's Diner.
(c) On the phone.
(d) In the hospital cafeteria.
7. Where does Rachel take Izzy when he starts to collapse on Baker Street during their Saturday walk?
(a) To a shaded tree and lets him rest on the ground.
(b) Into a nearby restaurant.
(c) Into a nearby hardware story.
(d) Into a nearby ice cream shop.
8. How does Jeremy feel about Izzy?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is overwhlemed with sadness.
(c) He's feels sorry for a man who pushed people away.
(d) He's still sore at him.
9. How is Izzy's mood the day after his treatment?
(a) Better, he is his crotchedy old self.
(b) Subdued, as he sleeps most of the day.
(c) He seems resigned and lacks energy.
(d) Agitated and restless.
10. What change does Rachel notice in Izzy during his hospital stay?
(a) He is less gruff with the doctors and nurses.
(b) He is slower to criticize Shirley.
(c) He loses weight rapidly.
(d) He is more energetic than before.
11. Who comes to visit Izzy on Sunday in Chapter 39?
(b) Alice Farnum.
12. How does Shirley react to Rachel's request on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) She says she can't make any more decisions right now.
(b) She thinks it makes sense and argues about it with Manny.
(c) She hugs Rachel and tells her she is growing up too fast.
(d) She thinks its a bad idea and they argue.
13. What does Rachel discover in Chapter 44 that makes her feel like Izzy left a legacy after all?
(a) His handprint and initials.
(b) The names of his children in a stone wall.
(c) The small footbridge he made for Eva.
(d) A tree with a plaque donated by the stonemasons.
14. Who waits outside of Izzy's hotel room with Rachel in Chapter 34?
(c) Manny and Shirley.
(d) Jeremy and Alice Farnum.
15. What does Rachel do when Izzy falls, for a second time, according to her journal entries?
(a) Freezes and does nothing.
(b) Calls for help.
(d) Catches him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel tell Lewis about returning to school in Chapter 37?
2. On Tuesday night in Chapter 40, what does Rachel do when Manny holds the elevator door open for her?
3. When do Rachel and Jeremy go for a walk in Chapter 43?
4. Where are Rachel and Izzy when the old man falls again in Chapter 31?
5. What does Rachel say that her parents look like on the night that she stays at the hospital with Izzy?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)