|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does that last chapter of this book take place?
(a) At a graduation party.
(b) At school.
(c) At the Cooper's home.
(d) In a grocery store.
2. What happens during the night that Rachel stays at the hotel with Izzy?
(a) Izzy dies.
(b) Rachel breaks out in hives.
(c) Rachels sees a dead patient removed from the room next door.
(d) Izzy stops breathing and is revived.
3. In Rachel's journal account of Chapter 39, why does she say that Shirley had to leave Izzy on Sunday?
(a) She vomited and started running a fever.
(b) She had to go to a funeral for a friend's child.
(c) She had groceries in the car.
(d) She couldn't bear to see him in pain.
4. What does Rachel hear in Chapter 34 when she is outside of Izzy's hospital room?
(a) The nurses gossiping.
(b) Izzy groaning.
(c) Alice Farnum laughing.
(d) Shirley crying.
5. What does Rachel tell Shirley she wants to do the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) Skip school to be with Izzy.
(b) Interview Izzy with a cassette recorder.
(c) Bring Izzy to stay at the Cooper's house.
(d) Spend the nights with Izzy and catch the school bus near the hospital.
6. What does Izzy insist that Shirley take home with her, even though she made it for him?
(a) An afghan.
(b) A sweater.
(d) Zucchini bread.
7. What does Uncle Lenny tell Rachel that surprises her?
(a) That she speaks a lot like Izzy.
(b) That he had spoken to Izzy recently.
(c) That she looks like Eva.
(d) That Izzy sent him a card once a year.
8. How does Izzy greet Rachel each day, as of Chapter 36, when she arrives at the hospital to visit him?
(a) He is usually sleeping when she arrives.
(b) With a laugh and comment on her nerve.
(c) With disapproval and relief.
(d) With a weak smile.
9. What does Rachel thank the person she speaks to in Chapter 45 for doing?
(a) Encouraging her.
(b) Sticking with her.
(c) Being so patient.
(d) Putting up with her.
10. What do Izzy and Rachel share on the park bench in Chapter 33?
(b) Black jellybeans.
(c) Coffee ice cream.
11. Why does Rachel decide to skip the birthday party in Chapter 32?
(a) To take care of Izzy.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) To make her mom angry.
(d) To go out with Lewis.
12. How does Dr. North respond to Rachel's concerns that she should have made Izzy rest more?
(a) He says it is just fluid accumulation.
(b) He doesn't answer he.
(c) He says she is too young to be taking care of him anyway.
(d) He says she has probably helped him live longer.
13. What is the funny story that Phil tells about Izzy?
(a) When Izzy pulled his tooth out.
(b) When Izzy gave him cookies before dinner.
(c) When Izzy got flustered by a pretty woman.
(d) When Izzy saved him from a chihuahua.
14. How does Jeremy feel about Izzy?
(a) He is overwhlemed with sadness.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He's still sore at him.
(d) He's feels sorry for a man who pushed people away.
15. Where are Rachel and Izzy when the old man falls again in Chapter 31?
(a) In a park.
(b) In a library.
(c) Near a bus stop.
(d) Outside of a market.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel find in Izzy's hospital room when she returns on the day following his first treatment?
2. How is Rachel's issue that she brings up to Shirley settled on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
3. What do Manny and Shirley do when they come by after work?
4. How does Izzy treat the person who visits him in Chapter 39?
5. On Tuesday night in Chapter 40, what does Rachel do when Manny holds the elevator door open for her?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)