|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rachel takes Izzy to a café in Chapter 28, what does she buy him?
(a) Black coffee.
(b) Apple pie a la mode.
(c) Maple syrup ice cream.
(d) Hot cocoa.
2. What does Izzy give to Alice Farnum in Chapter 26?
(a) A record album.
(b) A book.
(c) A plant.
(d) A cup of sugar.
3. What does Izzy tell Rachel about Eva, on their walk in Chapter 22?
(a) She wrote a book.
(b) She worked hard.
(c) She made him laugh.
(d) She taught school.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Lewis give Rachel after their date, when they are at the burger place?
(a) A music tape.
(b) An eskimo kiss.
(c) A love letter.
(d) A picture of himself.
5. Why does Rachel feel guilty about telling Helena about Grandpa Izzy's illness?
(a) Helena's grandfather died recently.
(b) Helena is already upset about Mikey.
(c) Her mother told her not to dicuss it with anyone.
(d) It feels like she just tells her for the sympathy.
6. Where does Rachel work from 5 to 9?
(a) At a drycleaning facility.
(b) At a library.
(c) At a fast food restaurant.
(d) At a grocery store.
7. What does Rachel realize is the reason for Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
(a) He doesn't get to walk on Thursdays.
(b) Alice Farnum has upset him.
(c) He just got off the phone with Dr. North.
(d) He just got off the phone with Shirley.
8. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
(a) A message for Manny.
(b) A prescription for pain medication.
(c) A phone number for hospice.
(d) A jar of jelly his wife made.
9. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
(a) My Side of the Mountain.
(b) The Trumpet of the Swans.
(c) Jane Eyre.
(d) Little Women.
10. Who writes a letter and who is the recipient in Chapter 2?
(a) Rachel writes to an unnamed pen pal.
(b) Jeremy writes to Rachel.
(c) Helena writes to Rachel.
(d) Rachel writers to Jeremy.
11. Why is Shirley mad at Rachel in Chapter 13?
(a) Because Rachel didn't empty the garbage on pick up day.
(b) For getting in trouble at school.
(c) For forgetting to tell Shirley about the concert.
(d) She says Rachel doesn't care about Izzy.
12. What does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
(a) Don't do me any favors tomorrow.
(b) I suppose you're coming tomorrow?
(c) Same time tomorrow?
(d) Who knows if I'll be here tomorrow.
13. Who plays basketball every Saturday?
(a) Lewis and Mikey.
(c) Manny and Rachel.
(d) The Minors.
14. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
(a) In a diner.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At Eva's parent's house.
(d) In a parade.
15. What happens to Rachel at school on Monday in Chapter 7?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She receives an award.
(c) She learns her favorite teacher is gone.
(d) She gets a rash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Coopers do while they are at Grandpa Izzy's in Chapter 15?
2. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
3. Where does Lewis take Rachel in Chapter 30?
4. What does Izzy cook for Rachel in Chapter 27?
5. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)