|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the things that Eva asked Izzy to do after she died?
(b) Take care of her plants.
(c) Visit her grave often.
(d) Go to church.
2. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
(a) A message for Manny.
(b) A jar of jelly his wife made.
(c) A phone number for hospice.
(d) A prescription for pain medication.
3. What does Rachel do, as of Chapter 25, ever time she sees Izzy?
(a) Brings him a newspaper.
(b) Calls him an "Old Coot."
(c) Kisses him.
(d) Straightens his collar.
4. What does Izzy give to Alice Farnum in Chapter 26?
(a) A plant.
(b) A cup of sugar.
(c) A book.
(d) A record album.
5. Why does Rachel feel guilty about telling Helena about Grandpa Izzy's illness?
(a) It feels like she just tells her for the sympathy.
(b) Helena is already upset about Mikey.
(c) Her mother told her not to dicuss it with anyone.
(d) Helena's grandfather died recently.
6. In Chapter 13, what does Lewis give Rachel after their date, when they are at the burger place?
(a) An eskimo kiss.
(b) A music tape.
(c) A picture of himself.
(d) A love letter.
7. What do Rachel and Izzy do when their walk gets rained out in Chapter 24?
(a) Nothing, Rachel goes home.
(b) Watch an old cowboy movie.
(c) Play scrabble.
(d) Play cards.
8. What does Rachel realize is the reason for Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
(a) Alice Farnum has upset him.
(b) He doesn't get to walk on Thursdays.
(c) He just got off the phone with Dr. North.
(d) He just got off the phone with Shirley.
9. What do Rachel and Izzy discover they both like in Chapter 25?
(a) Licking the cream out of oreos.
(b) Jazz music.
(c) Black jellybeans.
(d) Kung Fu movies.
10. What does Mikey want to be when he grows up?
(a) A politician.
(b) A physical therapist.
(c) An airline pilot.
(d) A basketball player.
11. Where do Rachel and Lewis go together on a Saturday in Chapter 13?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To the movies.
(c) To a party.
(d) To the county fair.
12. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) A picture of Shirley and Eva.
(b) A key to his apartment.
(c) A picture of Izzy and Eva.
(d) His old union card.
13. What does Dr. North say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy when Rachel and Shirley meet him in Chapter 10?
(a) He has a form of cancer.
(b) There is nothing wrong with him.
(c) He has severe allergies and asthma.
(d) He needs a heart transplant.
14. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
(d) Grandpa Izzy.
15. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Contentious and gruff.
(b) Uncharacteristically kind.
(c) Subdued and silent.
(d) Angier that usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the most recent postcard that Rachel has received from Jeremy sent from, as of Chapter 3?
2. Where do the Coopers go on Sunday mornings?
3. What does Alice Farnum wear when she visits Izzy in Chapter 26?
4. Why does Rachel argue with Lewis after their first kiss?
5. When Rachel takes Izzy to a café in Chapter 28, what does she buy him?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)