|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Rachel at school on Monday in Chapter 7?
(a) She gets a rash.
(b) She receives an award.
(c) She learns her favorite teacher is gone.
(d) She vomits.
2. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
(a) That they eloped.
(b) That Shirley left another man to be with Manny.
(c) That they had a child who died before she was born.
(d) That they quit college when she was born.
3. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they first kiss?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On a sidewalk.
(c) By a waterfall.
(d) In Mikey's car.
4. How can Rachel tell that Izzy is in a bad mood when she arrives for their walk on Friday in Chapter 22?
(a) He tells her he is in a bad mood.
(b) His eyebrows and furrowed and he is silent.
(c) He kicks over a trashcan.
(d) His fists are clenched and he makes her paces in the lobby.
5. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
(a) They go to see a historic landmark.
(b) Izzy can't make it to the top.
(c) They go to see where Izzy built a bridge.
(d) Izzy makes it to the top and collapses.
6. Who stares at Rachel during seventh period in Chapter 4?
(c) A male teacher.
(d) The new girl.
7. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
(a) Dr. North.
(b) Alice Farnum.
(c) Coach Al.
(d) Rachel's boss.
8. Where does Lewis take Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To a basketball game.
(c) To meet his parents.
(d) To the lake.
9. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
(a) Dr. Roof.
(c) Mrs. Minor.
(d) Alice Farnum.
10. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
(c) Grandpa Izzy.
11. Why are Rachel's parents annoyed with her when she first arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) She didn't leave a note.
(b) She didn't do her chores.
(c) They got a phone call from her school.
(d) She interrupts their argument.
12. What is Rachel's nickname within her family?
13. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
(a) Beth, his mother.
(b) Eva, his wife.
(c) A poet named Elsbeth.
(d) The patron saint of patience.
14. Why does Rachel suggest that Lewis was staring at her?
(a) Because his is nearsighted.
(b) Because he is a spaced out druggie.
(c) Because he hates her.
(d) Because someone is spreading rumors about her.
15. Who writes a letter and who is the recipient in Chapter 2?
(a) Jeremy writes to Rachel.
(b) Rachel writes to an unnamed pen pal.
(c) Rachel writers to Jeremy.
(d) Helena writes to Rachel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel want to be when she grows up?
2. What does Dr. North say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy when Rachel and Shirley meet him in Chapter 10?
3. What do Rachel and Helena do in Chapter 5?
4. What is true of Jeremy?
5. Why does Rachel feel guilty about telling Helena about Grandpa Izzy's illness?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)