|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Izzy is not waiting in the lobby in Chapter 24. What does Rachel do when she finally finds him?
(a) Hugs him.
(b) Yells at him for scaring her.
(c) Grabs his hand and kisses it.
(d) Cries with relief.
2. What does Grandpa Izzy do every day?
(a) Takes meals to an elderly woman.
(b) Walks four miles.
(c) Gets a shot.
3. What does Izzy cook for Rachel in Chapter 27?
(a) Spaghetti and meatballs.
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(c) Chicken marsala.
(d) Macaroni and cheese.
4. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
(a) The take the bus.
(b) A woman drives them in her car.
(c) They walk.
(d) Rachel calls a cab.
5. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
(a) They go to see where Izzy built a bridge.
(b) Izzy makes it to the top and collapses.
(c) They go to see a historic landmark.
(d) Izzy can't make it to the top.
6. When Rachel takes Izzy to a café in Chapter 28, what does she buy him?
(a) Maple syrup ice cream.
(b) Apple pie a la mode.
(c) Black coffee.
(d) Hot cocoa.
7. What does Grandpa Izzy tell Rachel about when she calls him in Chapter 17?
(a) That he used to play stickball afterschool with his brother.
(b) That she reminds him of his dead wife.
(c) He used to get into a lot of fights when he was young.
(d) That his own father died from a fall.
8. What happens to Rachel at school on Monday in Chapter 7?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She receives an award.
(c) She gets a rash.
(d) She learns her favorite teacher is gone.
9. What does Rachel do, as of Chapter 25, ever time she sees Izzy?
(a) Straightens his collar.
(b) Calls him an "Old Coot."
(c) Brings him a newspaper.
(d) Kisses him.
10. Where does Lewis take Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) To a basketball game.
(b) To meet his parents.
(c) To the lake.
(d) To a movie.
11. Where do Rachel and Lewis go together on a Saturday in Chapter 13?
(a) To the county fair.
(b) To a party.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To the lake.
12. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
(a) Eva, his wife.
(b) A poet named Elsbeth.
(c) The patron saint of patience.
(d) Beth, his mother.
13. What does Izzy tell Rachel that Eva was afraid of?
(a) Being poor.
14. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) A picture of Izzy and Eva.
(b) A picture of Shirley and Eva.
(c) A key to his apartment.
(d) His old union card.
15. What does Mikey want to be when he grows up?
(a) A physical therapist.
(b) An airline pilot.
(c) A politician.
(d) A basketball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Izzy ask Rachel in Chapter 27?
2. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
3. What does Rachel describe happening in Chapter 2 at the kitchen table?
4. Who writes a letter and who is the recipient in Chapter 2?
5. What does Rachel tell Izzy to do in Chapter 18?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)