|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing Manny does to anger Rachel in Chapter 2?
(a) Called her by a hated nickname.
(b) Says he didn't need that job anyway.
(c) Makes her mother cry.
(d) Compares her to another girl.
2. What does Izzy tell Rachel he left on one of the bridges he worked on?
(a) A present for Eva.
(b) A footprint.
(c) His favorite coat.
(d) A handprint.
3. What does Rachel tell Izzy to do in Chapter 18?
(a) To stop being so mean to his own family.
(b) To walk in the park where people are around.
(c) To take the medicine his doctor prescribed.
(d) To wait for his walk until she gets there.
4. Who is Rachel's best friend?
5. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Uncharacteristically kind.
(b) Subdued and silent.
(c) Contentious and gruff.
(d) Angier that usual.
6. What performance comes to town in Chapter 8?
(a) The HMS Pinafore.
(d) The Sound of Music.
7. Where does Lewis take Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To meet his parents.
(c) To a movie.
(d) To a basketball game.
8. Why is Shirley mad at Rachel in Chapter 13?
(a) She says Rachel doesn't care about Izzy.
(b) For forgetting to tell Shirley about the concert.
(c) Because Rachel didn't empty the garbage on pick up day.
(d) For getting in trouble at school.
9. Who plays basketball every Saturday?
(b) Manny and Rachel.
(c) Lewis and Mikey.
(d) The Minors.
10. Why does Rachel feel guilty about telling Helena about Grandpa Izzy's illness?
(a) Her mother told her not to dicuss it with anyone.
(b) It feels like she just tells her for the sympathy.
(c) Helena's grandfather died recently.
(d) Helena is already upset about Mikey.
11. Why is Grandpa Izzy angry at Rachel in Chapter 20?
(a) She is being too pushy.
(b) She didn't come to walk with him.
(c) She won't buy him cigarettes at the market.
(d) She makes her mother cry.
12. What does Dr. North say about Izzy's fall?
(a) It is unrealted to his illness.
(b) It was caused by breating difficulties.
(c) It has made his situation more severe.
(d) He is losing control of his legs.
13. What does Izzy tell Rachel about the stone wall they see on their walk in Chapter 23?
(a) He proposed to Eve next to the wall.
(b) He threw rocks at the wall after Eva's death.
(c) He built the wall.
(d) He repaired the wall.
14. What does Izzy give to Alice Farnum in Chapter 26?
(a) A book.
(b) A record album.
(c) A plant.
(d) A cup of sugar.
15. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
(a) Drinking from a bottle of gin.
(b) Knitting a scarf for Grandpa Izzy.
(c) Snoring loudly.
(d) Playing solitaire.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accompanies Rachel to Poppie's Diner in Chapter 21?
2. Where does Rachel work from 5 to 9?
3. What does Rachel realize is the reason for Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
4. What does Rachel do, as of Chapter 25, ever time she sees Izzy?
5. In Chapter 9, what does Rachel forget to tell her mother?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)