|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Grandpa Izzy tell Rachel about when she calls him in Chapter 17?
(a) That she reminds him of his dead wife.
(b) He used to get into a lot of fights when he was young.
(c) That his own father died from a fall.
(d) That he used to play stickball afterschool with his brother.
2. What performance comes to town in Chapter 8?
(c) The Sound of Music.
(d) The HMS Pinafore.
3. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) My Side of the Mountain.
(c) The Trumpet of the Swans.
(d) Little Women.
4. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
(a) At Eva's parent's house.
(b) In a diner.
(c) In a parade.
(d) At the beach.
5. Where do Rachel and her friends go after school lets out in Chapter 19?
(a) To the Indian Falls Festival.
(b) To Indian Falls Park.
(c) To Grandpa Izzy's.
(d) To Lewis's house.
6. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
(a) He was caught drinking on the job.
(b) He was replaced by the boss's nephew.
(c) For putting a handprint in the wall.
(d) For building a poor structure.
7. What is Rachel's nickname within her family?
8. What does Izzy tell Rachel that Eva was afraid of?
(d) Being poor.
9. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
(a) Alice Farnum.
(b) Mrs. Minor.
(d) Dr. Roof.
10. Why are Rachel's parents annoyed with her when she first arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) She didn't leave a note.
(b) They got a phone call from her school.
(c) She didn't do her chores.
(d) She interrupts their argument.
11. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
(a) Rachel calls a cab.
(b) They walk.
(c) A woman drives them in her car.
(d) The take the bus.
12. What does Rachel tell Izzy to do in Chapter 18?
(a) To wait for his walk until she gets there.
(b) To take the medicine his doctor prescribed.
(c) To walk in the park where people are around.
(d) To stop being so mean to his own family.
13. Where does Lewis take Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To meet his parents.
(c) To the lake.
(d) To a basketball game.
14. What does Dr. North say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy when Rachel and Shirley meet him in Chapter 10?
(a) He needs a heart transplant.
(b) He has severe allergies and asthma.
(c) There is nothing wrong with him.
(d) He has a form of cancer.
15. Who stares at Rachel during seventh period in Chapter 4?
(a) The new girl.
(c) A male teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel say she is afraid of in Chapter 6?
2. What does Izzy tell Rachel about the stone wall they see on their walk in Chapter 23?
3. What does Rachel do, as of Chapter 25, ever time she sees Izzy?
4. Where do Rachel's parents go in Chapter 9?
5. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)