|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Izzy cook for Rachel in Chapter 27?
(a) He wants to take her to a movie.
(b) Shirley and Manny work late.
(c) He is tired of people fussing over him.
(d) To prove that he can.
2. What reason does Rachel gives for ending the interview for the school paper in Chapter 11?
(a) There is another person she needs to interview.
(b) She has to go to work.
(c) Her grandfather is dying.
(d) She has all the information she needs.
3. Why does Helena apologize to Rachel in Chapter 12?
(a) She forgot how real the doctor's office visit was for Rachel.
(b) For taking Rachel's journal.
(c) For yelling at Rachel on the way home from school.
(d) She called Rachel stupid for telling her about Izzy's illness.
4. What does Rachel say she is afraid of in Chapter 6?
5. What happens to Rachel at school on Monday in Chapter 7?
(a) She learns her favorite teacher is gone.
(b) She gets a rash.
(c) She vomits.
(d) She receives an award.
6. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
(a) She is running late.
(b) She eats bacon and pancakes with her parents.
(c) She get to school early for a school paper meeting.
(d) She is in a car accident.
7. Why does Rachel argue with Lewis after their first kiss?
(a) She is embarrased.
(b) She is laughing.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She is jealous.
8. Why is Shirley mad at Rachel in Chapter 13?
(a) Because Rachel didn't empty the garbage on pick up day.
(b) For forgetting to tell Shirley about the concert.
(c) For getting in trouble at school.
(d) She says Rachel doesn't care about Izzy.
9. What does Izzy say about Rachel to a neighbor after their walk?
(a) That she is his guard dog.
(b) That she is just as stubborn as her grandfather.
(c) That she will be a famous writer.
(d) That she is his guardian angel.
10. What does Rachel want to be when she grows up?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A chef.
(d) A writer.
11. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) His old union card.
(b) A picture of Izzy and Eva.
(c) A key to his apartment.
(d) A picture of Shirley and Eva.
12. What do Rachel and Helena do in Chapter 5?
(a) Look at teen magazines.
(c) Make a crank phone call.
(d) Play paddleball.
13. Where do the Coopers go on Sunday mornings?
(a) Their cottage on the lake.
(b) Grandpa Izzy's house.
(d) Breakfast at the diner.
14. Where do Izzy and Rachel go together in Chapter 23?
(a) The cemetery where Grandma Eva is buried.
(b) The house where Eva and Izzy used to live.
(c) The church were Eva and Izzy were married.
(d) The one room schoolhouse where Eva taught.
15. When Rachel arrives at Izzy's for their walk in Chapter 23, what does she find?
(a) Izzy has emptied the apartment.
(b) Izzy is asleep on the sofa.
(c) Izzy is passed out on the floor.
(d) Izzy is not home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Izzy give to Alice Farnum in Chapter 26?
2. What does Helena make for Mikey after school in Chapter 12?
3. How can Rachel tell that Izzy is in a bad mood when she arrives for their walk on Friday in Chapter 22?
4. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
5. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)