|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Izzy tell Rachel about the stone wall they see on their walk in Chapter 23?
(a) He proposed to Eve next to the wall.
(b) He threw rocks at the wall after Eva's death.
(c) He repaired the wall.
(d) He built the wall.
2. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
(a) Alice Farnum.
(b) Coach Al.
(c) Dr. North.
(d) Rachel's boss.
3. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
(a) Izzy makes it to the top and collapses.
(b) They go to see where Izzy built a bridge.
(c) Izzy can't make it to the top.
(d) They go to see a historic landmark.
4. Who is the second person that Rachel interviews for the school paper?
(a) Wilda Sycora.
(c) Principal Norris.
(d) Coach Al.
5. What is Rachel's nickname within her family?
6. Where are Rachel and Lewis when they first kiss?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) On a sidewalk.
(c) In Mikey's car.
(d) By a waterfall.
7. Why are Rachel's parents annoyed with her when she first arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) She didn't leave a note.
(b) She didn't do her chores.
(c) She interrupts their argument.
(d) They got a phone call from her school.
8. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
(a) He was replaced by the boss's nephew.
(b) For building a poor structure.
(c) He was caught drinking on the job.
(d) For putting a handprint in the wall.
9. Why is Grandpa Izzy angry at Rachel in Chapter 20?
(a) She won't buy him cigarettes at the market.
(b) She is being too pushy.
(c) She didn't come to walk with him.
(d) She makes her mother cry.
10. Why does Rachel feel guilty about telling Helena about Grandpa Izzy's illness?
(a) Helena's grandfather died recently.
(b) Helena is already upset about Mikey.
(c) Her mother told her not to dicuss it with anyone.
(d) It feels like she just tells her for the sympathy.
11. What does Rachel describe happening in Chapter 2 at the kitchen table?
(a) She explodes in anger at ther parents.
(b) Her parents have a violent argument.
(c) Her mother drinks too much.
(d) Her father says he has lost his job.
12. Who stares at Rachel during seventh period in Chapter 4?
(b) A male teacher.
(d) The new girl.
13. What performance comes to town in Chapter 8?
(c) The HMS Pinafore.
(d) The Sound of Music.
14. What does Grandpa Izzy tell Rachel about when she calls him in Chapter 17?
(a) That she reminds him of his dead wife.
(b) That he used to play stickball afterschool with his brother.
(c) He used to get into a lot of fights when he was young.
(d) That his own father died from a fall.
15. What do Rachel and Izzy discover they both like in Chapter 25?
(a) Jazz music.
(b) Licking the cream out of oreos.
(c) Black jellybeans.
(d) Kung Fu movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter and who is the recipient in Chapter 2?
2. What does Helena make for Mikey after school in Chapter 12?
3. Why does Izzy cook for Rachel in Chapter 27?
4. Where do Izzy and Rachel go together in Chapter 23?
5. Where do the Coopers go on Sunday mornings?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)