|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
(a) Coach Al.
(b) Alice Farnum.
(c) Dr. North.
(d) Rachel's boss.
2. What item gets broken in Chapter 13?
(a) A cut crystal vase.
(b) An English china sugar bowl.
(c) An Oriental lampshade.
(d) A ceramic candle holder.
3. What performance comes to town in Chapter 8?
(a) The Sound of Music.
(b) The HMS Pinafore.
4. What do Rachel and Izzy do when their walk gets rained out in Chapter 24?
(a) Nothing, Rachel goes home.
(b) Watch an old cowboy movie.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Play scrabble.
5. Why is Grandpa Izzy angry at Rachel in Chapter 20?
(a) She makes her mother cry.
(b) She won't buy him cigarettes at the market.
(c) She is being too pushy.
(d) She didn't come to walk with him.
6. What does Grandpa Izzy tell Rachel about when she calls him in Chapter 17?
(a) He used to get into a lot of fights when he was young.
(b) That she reminds him of his dead wife.
(c) That he used to play stickball afterschool with his brother.
(d) That his own father died from a fall.
7. Where do Rachel and her mother go to picky up Izzy in Chapter 7?
(a) The mall.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The senior center.
8. What reason does Rachel gives for ending the interview for the school paper in Chapter 11?
(a) Her grandfather is dying.
(b) There is another person she needs to interview.
(c) She has all the information she needs.
(d) She has to go to work.
9. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
(a) At the beach.
(b) In a parade.
(c) In a diner.
(d) At Eva's parent's house.
10. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
(a) They walk.
(b) The take the bus.
(c) Rachel calls a cab.
(d) A woman drives them in her car.
11. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
(a) A jar of jelly his wife made.
(b) A prescription for pain medication.
(c) A message for Manny.
(d) A phone number for hospice.
12. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) His old union card.
(b) A picture of Izzy and Eva.
(c) A picture of Shirley and Eva.
(d) A key to his apartment.
13. Who stares at Rachel during seventh period in Chapter 4?
(c) The new girl.
(d) A male teacher.
14. Why is Shirley mad at Rachel in Chapter 13?
(a) For getting in trouble at school.
(b) She says Rachel doesn't care about Izzy.
(c) For forgetting to tell Shirley about the concert.
(d) Because Rachel didn't empty the garbage on pick up day.
15. What does Grandpa Izzy do every day?
(b) Takes meals to an elderly woman.
(c) Gets a shot.
(d) Walks four miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
2. Why does Rachel argue with Lewis after their first kiss?
3. What else does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
4. What is true of Jeremy?
5. Where does Izzy take Rachel on their bus ride together?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)