|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel realize is the reason for Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
(a) He just got off the phone with Dr. North.
(b) Alice Farnum has upset him.
(c) He just got off the phone with Shirley.
(d) He doesn't get to walk on Thursdays.
2. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
(b) Grandpa Izzy.
3. Who plays basketball every Saturday?
(a) Manny and Rachel.
(b) The Minors.
(c) Lewis and Mikey.
4. Where do Rachel's parents go in Chapter 9?
(a) To a friend's house.
(b) For a hike.
(c) To a funeral.
(d) On a date.
5. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
(a) She is in a car accident.
(b) She is running late.
(c) She eats bacon and pancakes with her parents.
(d) She get to school early for a school paper meeting.
6. Why does Rachel suggest that Lewis was staring at her?
(a) Because someone is spreading rumors about her.
(b) Because his is nearsighted.
(c) Because he hates her.
(d) Because he is a spaced out druggie.
7. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
(a) She doesn't want to face Izzy who doesn't know he is dying.
(b) Manny wants her to tell Izzy about the cancer, but she doesn't want to.
(c) She has to tell Izzy that he has cancer and is dying.
(d) Rachel doesn't want to go to Izzy's for the traditional Sunday meal.
8. Who does Rachel interview for the school paper?
(a) The school nurse.
(b) Helena's father.
(c) An actor.
(d) Grandpa Izzy.
9. Who ran away to England when he was younger than Rachel is in the story?
(c) Grandpa Izzy.
(d) Uncle Lenny.
10. What does Grandpa Izzy do every day?
(a) Takes meals to an elderly woman.
(b) Gets a shot.
(c) Walks four miles.
11. After meeting with Dr. North, what does Shirley tell her father about his health?
(a) She doesn't tell him anything.
(b) That he needs a donor.
(c) That he has brought this on himself.
(d) She tells him he has a clean bill of health.
12. Why does Rachel argue with Lewis after their first kiss?
(a) She is embarrased.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She is laughing.
(d) She is jealous.
13. What does Izzy ask Rachel in Chapter 27?
(a) What she wants to be when she grows up.
(b) What the doctor said.
(c) Where Shirley went.
(d) Why she walks with him.
14. What does Shirley tell Manny she wants in Chapter 18?
(a) To tell Izzy about his cancer.
(b) To hire an aide for Izzy.
(c) To go and stay with Izzy for a while.
(d) For Izzy to live with them.
15. When Rachel arrives at Izzy's for their walk in Chapter 23, what does she find?
(a) Izzy has emptied the apartment.
(b) Izzy is asleep on the sofa.
(c) Izzy is passed out on the floor.
(d) Izzy is not home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
2. What do the Coopers do while they are at Grandpa Izzy's in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Rachel feel guilty about telling Helena about Grandpa Izzy's illness?
4. What does Rachel say she is afraid of in Chapter 6?
5. What does Izzy tell Rachel that Eva was afraid of?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)