|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
(a) In a diner.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At Eva's parent's house.
(d) In a parade.
2. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
(a) The patron saint of patience.
(b) Beth, his mother.
(c) Eva, his wife.
(d) A poet named Elsbeth.
3. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Angier that usual.
(b) Contentious and gruff.
(c) Uncharacteristically kind.
(d) Subdued and silent.
4. Who is the second person that Rachel interviews for the school paper?
(a) Principal Norris.
(b) Wilda Sycora.
(d) Coach Al.
5. Why does Rachel argue with Lewis after their first kiss?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is embarrased.
(c) She is crying.
(d) She is laughing.
6. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
(a) She eats bacon and pancakes with her parents.
(b) She is in a car accident.
(c) She get to school early for a school paper meeting.
(d) She is running late.
7. What happens to Grandpa Izzy that requires Rachel to go get him in Chapter 16?
(a) He falls while walking.
(b) He is hit by a car.
(c) He is hit by a baseball.
(d) He has a seizure and falls in a ditch.
8. Who does Rachel interview for the school paper?
(a) Helena's father.
(b) Grandpa Izzy.
(c) The school nurse.
(d) An actor.
9. What reason does Rachel gives for ending the interview for the school paper in Chapter 11?
(a) There is another person she needs to interview.
(b) She has to go to work.
(c) Her grandfather is dying.
(d) She has all the information she needs.
10. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
(a) A woman drives them in her car.
(b) Rachel calls a cab.
(c) The take the bus.
(d) They walk.
11. Why are Rachel's parents annoyed with her when she first arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) She didn't do her chores.
(b) She interrupts their argument.
(c) She didn't leave a note.
(d) They got a phone call from her school.
12. After meeting with Dr. North, what does Shirley tell her father about his health?
(a) She tells him he has a clean bill of health.
(b) She doesn't tell him anything.
(c) That he has brought this on himself.
(d) That he needs a donor.
13. What is true of Jeremy?
(a) He has a chronic illness that prevents him from working.
(b) He was in the Vietnam War.
(c) He is a writer.
(d) He has a pregnant wife.
14. What did Grandpa Izzy do for a living before he retired?
(a) He was a teacher.
(b) He was a soldier.
(c) He was a mechanic.
(d) He was a stonemason.
15. Why does Rachel suggest that Lewis was staring at her?
(a) Because someone is spreading rumors about her.
(b) Because he hates her.
(c) Because he is a spaced out druggie.
(d) Because his is nearsighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Rachel forget to tell her mother?
2. When Rachel takes Izzy to a café in Chapter 28, what does she buy him?
3. What does Mikey want to be when he grows up?
4. What does Izzy say about Rachel to a neighbor after their walk?
5. What does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)