|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Izzy is not waiting in the lobby in Chapter 24. What does Rachel do when she finally finds him?
(a) Cries with relief.
(b) Yells at him for scaring her.
(c) Grabs his hand and kisses it.
(d) Hugs him.
2. Why is Grandpa Izzy angry at Rachel in Chapter 20?
(a) She didn't come to walk with him.
(b) She won't buy him cigarettes at the market.
(c) She is being too pushy.
(d) She makes her mother cry.
3. What is one thing Manny does to anger Rachel in Chapter 2?
(a) Says he didn't need that job anyway.
(b) Compares her to another girl.
(c) Makes her mother cry.
(d) Called her by a hated nickname.
4. Who plays basketball every Saturday?
(a) Lewis and Mikey.
(b) The Minors.
(d) Manny and Rachel.
5. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
(a) Knitting a scarf for Grandpa Izzy.
(b) Playing solitaire.
(c) Snoring loudly.
(d) Drinking from a bottle of gin.
6. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
(a) That Shirley left another man to be with Manny.
(b) That they eloped.
(c) That they quit college when she was born.
(d) That they had a child who died before she was born.
7. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
(a) Rachel doesn't want to go to Izzy's for the traditional Sunday meal.
(b) Manny wants her to tell Izzy about the cancer, but she doesn't want to.
(c) She has to tell Izzy that he has cancer and is dying.
(d) She doesn't want to face Izzy who doesn't know he is dying.
8. Where does Lewis take Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) To a movie.
(b) To a basketball game.
(c) To the lake.
(d) To meet his parents.
9. What else does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
(a) That Helena goes with them.
(b) To get to know him better.
(c) That they go to the zoo.
(d) To wear headphones.
10. What does Dr. North say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy when Rachel and Shirley meet him in Chapter 10?
(a) He needs a heart transplant.
(b) He has severe allergies and asthma.
(c) There is nothing wrong with him.
(d) He has a form of cancer.
11. What do the Coopers do while they are at Grandpa Izzy's in Chapter 15?
(a) Play Scrabble.
(b) Build a house of cards.
(c) Do a jigsaw puzzle.
(d) Play Euchre.
12. What does Rachel describe happening in Chapter 2 at the kitchen table?
(a) Her father says he has lost his job.
(b) Her mother drinks too much.
(c) She explodes in anger at ther parents.
(d) Her parents have a violent argument.
13. Where is the most recent postcard that Rachel has received from Jeremy sent from, as of Chapter 3?
(d) New Orleans.
14. Why does Rachel argue with Lewis after their first kiss?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is crying.
(c) She is laughing.
(d) She is embarrased.
15. Who accompanies Rachel to Poppie's Diner in Chapter 21?
(a) Granpa Izzy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel suggest that Lewis was staring at her?
2. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
3. What does Izzy tell Rachel about Eva, on their walk in Chapter 22?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Lewis give Rachel after their date, when they are at the burger place?
5. Why is Shirley mad at Rachel in Chapter 13?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)