|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Helena apologize to Rachel in Chapter 12?
(a) For taking Rachel's journal.
(b) She called Rachel stupid for telling her about Izzy's illness.
(c) For yelling at Rachel on the way home from school.
(d) She forgot how real the doctor's office visit was for Rachel.
2. What does Rachel tell Lewis about returning to school in Chapter 37?
(a) She is ready to go back.
(b) She can't even think about going back right now.
(c) She thinks about it but needs to be with Izzy.
(d) She just doesn't see the point in school when everyone dies eventually.
3. Where does Rachel take Izzy when he starts to collapse on Baker Street during their Saturday walk?
(a) To a shaded tree and lets him rest on the ground.
(b) Into a nearby hardware story.
(c) Into a nearby ice cream shop.
(d) Into a nearby restaurant.
4. What does Izzy say about Rachel to a neighbor after their walk?
(a) That she is his guard dog.
(b) That she is his guardian angel.
(c) That she will be a famous writer.
(d) That she is just as stubborn as her grandfather.
5. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
(a) Sings a song she is learning in chorus.
(b) Makes up stories and thinks about Lewis.
(c) Imagines being a world famous reporter.
(d) Counts the number of pigeons they see.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Shirley react to Rachel's request on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
2. Why does Rachel feel guilty about telling Helena about Grandpa Izzy's illness?
3. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
4. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
5. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)