|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. North tell Izzy when the patient asks when he will be able to go home?
(a) That this is the best place for him for now.
(b) That he should consider saying his goodbyes here.
(c) That it won't be long.
(d) That he can go home on Monday.
2. What does Jeremy point out to Rachel when they take their walk on the day they scatter Izzy's ashes?
(a) A crummy little market where teens used to hang out.
(b) A park where he used to go to draw and paint.
(c) A park that Manny took him to.
(d) A drugstore where he worked as a teenager.
3. Why does Izzy cook for Rachel in Chapter 27?
(a) He wants to take her to a movie.
(b) Shirley and Manny work late.
(c) To prove that he can.
(d) He is tired of people fussing over him.
4. What does Rachel tell Lewis that it seems like her grandfather is doing when they speak in Chapter 37?
(b) Waiting to die.
(c) Trying to squeeze in a lifetime of conversations.
(d) Pushing her away.
5. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
(a) That Rachel return to school.
(b) To be told when he can go home.
(c) To be moved to another room.
(d) To be told everything the doctor says.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rachel suggest that Lewis was staring at her?
2. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
3. Izzy is not waiting in the lobby in Chapter 24. What does Rachel do when she finally finds him?
4. What does Rachel eat at the hospital cafeteria with her parents when Shirley complains about the food?
5. What does Izzy insist that Shirley take home with her, even though she made it for him?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)