|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 44.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Izzy and Rachel go together in Chapter 23?
(a) The church were Eva and Izzy were married.
(b) The cemetery where Grandma Eva is buried.
(c) The house where Eva and Izzy used to live.
(d) The one room schoolhouse where Eva taught.
2. What reason does Rachel gives for ending the interview for the school paper in Chapter 11?
(a) She has all the information she needs.
(b) There is another person she needs to interview.
(c) She has to go to work.
(d) Her grandfather is dying.
3. How does Rachel envision herself in Chapter 41 when she thinks about Izzy never having another glass of water?
(a) On a dark road with hard streams of water falling down.
(b) Drowning in endless glasses of water.
(c) Drinking glass after glass but remaining thirsty.
(d) By a pond as the water evaporate in streams up to heaven.
4. What does Rachel find in Izzy's hospital room when she returns on the day following his first treatment?
(a) An empty bed.
(b) A plant from Alice Farnum.
(c) Someone else in Izzy's bed.
(d) Balloons from Helena.
5. What does Rachel ask Jeremy on their walk?
(a) Why he never answers her letters.
(b) If she can come to visit him.
(c) Why he moved so far away.
(d) If she should stop sending letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they speak in Chapter 37, what is the tone of the conversation that Rachel and Lewis have?
2. What does Rachel say when the family reminisces about Izzy in Chapter 42?
3. What is the weather like when Izzy and Rachel walk for the first time after his second fall?
4. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
5. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)