|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grandpa Izzy do for a living before he retired?
(a) He was a stonemason.
(b) He was a teacher.
(c) He was a soldier.
(d) He was a mechanic.
2. How can Rachel tell that Izzy is in a bad mood when she arrives for their walk on Friday in Chapter 22?
(a) He tells her he is in a bad mood.
(b) His fists are clenched and he makes her paces in the lobby.
(c) He kicks over a trashcan.
(d) His eyebrows and furrowed and he is silent.
3. What happens when the Coopers go to leave Izzy's room in the last part of Chapter 38?
(a) He tears off his oxygen mask.
(b) He falls and hits his head.
(c) He tells Shirley to leave the gift after all.
(d) He collapses again.
4. What does Izzy tell Rachel about the stone wall they see on their walk in Chapter 23?
(a) He threw rocks at the wall after Eva's death.
(b) He proposed to Eve next to the wall.
(c) He built the wall.
(d) He repaired the wall.
5. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Uncharacteristically kind.
(b) Subdued and silent.
(c) Contentious and gruff.
(d) Angier that usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. North say about Izzy's fall?
2. What does Rachel want to be when she grows up?
3. What is true of Jeremy?
4. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
5. What change does Rachel notice in Izzy during his hospital stay?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)