|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
(a) A poet named Elsbeth.
(b) Beth, his mother.
(c) The patron saint of patience.
(d) Eva, his wife.
2. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
(a) Drinking from a bottle of gin.
(b) Playing solitaire.
(c) Knitting a scarf for Grandpa Izzy.
(d) Snoring loudly.
3. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
(a) They go to see a historic landmark.
(b) Izzy can't make it to the top.
(c) Izzy makes it to the top and collapses.
(d) They go to see where Izzy built a bridge.
4. Where does Izzy take Rachel on their bus ride together?
(a) To his old home.
(b) To see the bridges he built.
(c) To the hospital.
(d) To see where he proposed to Eva.
5. What does Dr. North tell Izzy when the patient asks when he will be able to go home?
(a) That this is the best place for him for now.
(b) That he should consider saying his goodbyes here.
(c) That he can go home on Monday.
(d) That it won't be long.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Rachel's journal account of Chapter 39, why does she say that Shirley had to leave Izzy on Sunday?
2. What does Rachel tell Izzy to do in Chapter 18?
3. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
4. How does Shirley react to Rachel's request on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
5. Who writes a letter and who is the recipient in Chapter 2?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)