|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Rachel start arriving at the hospital each day in Chapter 36?
(a) From 6 pm every evening.
(b) By noon and again by 4 pm.
(c) By 3 pm.
(d) By 8 am.
2. How is Izzy's mood the day after his treatment?
(a) He seems resigned and lacks energy.
(b) Agitated and restless.
(c) Better, he is his crotchedy old self.
(d) Subdued, as he sleeps most of the day.
3. What change does Rachel notice in Izzy during his hospital stay?
(a) He is slower to criticize Shirley.
(b) He loses weight rapidly.
(c) He is more energetic than before.
(d) He is less gruff with the doctors and nurses.
4. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
(a) Izzy can't make it to the top.
(b) Izzy makes it to the top and collapses.
(c) They go to see where Izzy built a bridge.
(d) They go to see a historic landmark.
5. Why does Helena apologize to Rachel in Chapter 12?
(a) She forgot how real the doctor's office visit was for Rachel.
(b) For taking Rachel's journal.
(c) She called Rachel stupid for telling her about Izzy's illness.
(d) For yelling at Rachel on the way home from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandpa Izzy do for a living before he retired?
2. Who waits outside of Izzy's hotel room with Rachel in Chapter 34?
3. What does Izzy say about Rachel to a neighbor after their walk?
4. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
5. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)