|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Izzy insist that Shirley take home with her, even though she made it for him?
(a) An afghan.
(c) Zucchini bread.
(d) A sweater.
2. What does Rachel realize is the reason for Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
(a) Alice Farnum has upset him.
(b) He doesn't get to walk on Thursdays.
(c) He just got off the phone with Shirley.
(d) He just got off the phone with Dr. North.
3. What does Rachel do, as of Chapter 25, ever time she sees Izzy?
(a) Straightens his collar.
(b) Kisses him.
(c) Brings him a newspaper.
(d) Calls him an "Old Coot."
4. What does Rachel tell Shirley she wants to do the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) Spend the nights with Izzy and catch the school bus near the hospital.
(b) Bring Izzy to stay at the Cooper's house.
(c) Skip school to be with Izzy.
(d) Interview Izzy with a cassette recorder.
5. What do Rachel and Helena do in Chapter 5?
(a) Make a crank phone call.
(b) Play paddleball.
(c) Look at teen magazines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
2. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
3. What does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
4. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
5. What is one thing Manny does to anger Rachel in Chapter 2?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)