|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Rachel's journal account of Chapter 39, why does she say that Shirley had to leave Izzy on Sunday?
(a) She couldn't bear to see him in pain.
(b) She had groceries in the car.
(c) She had to go to a funeral for a friend's child.
(d) She vomited and started running a fever.
2. What does Lewis tell Rachel occurred at school when they speak in Chapter 37?
(a) A fire drill.
(b) A sit-in.
(c) An assembly.
(d) A power outage.
3. What did Grandpa Izzy do for a living before he retired?
(a) He was a soldier.
(b) He was a mechanic.
(c) He was a stonemason.
(d) He was a teacher.
4. Where is Izzy taken directly after collapsing on Baker Street?
(a) To his apartment.
(b) To the diner.
(c) To Rachel's house.
(d) To the hospital.
5. How does Izzy greet Rachel each day, as of Chapter 36, when she arrives at the hospital to visit him?
(a) With a weak smile.
(b) With disapproval and relief.
(c) He is usually sleeping when she arrives.
(d) With a laugh and comment on her nerve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when Izzy and Rachel walk for the first time after his second fall?
2. What does Izzy want to do in Chapter 33 when Rachel arrives at his house early on Saturday morning?
3. Where do Rachel and her friends go after school lets out in Chapter 19?
4. Why is Grandpa Izzy angry at Rachel in Chapter 20?
5. What does Rachel find in Izzy's hospital room when she returns on the day following his first treatment?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)