|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rachel and Lewis go together on a Saturday in Chapter 13?
(a) To the lake.
(b) To the county fair.
(c) To the movies.
(d) To a party.
2. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) The Trumpet of the Swans.
(c) Little Women.
(d) My Side of the Mountain.
3. Why does Izzy cook for Rachel in Chapter 27?
(a) He wants to take her to a movie.
(b) He is tired of people fussing over him.
(c) To prove that he can.
(d) Shirley and Manny work late.
4. What does Rachel tell Lewis about returning to school in Chapter 37?
(a) She thinks about it but needs to be with Izzy.
(b) She just doesn't see the point in school when everyone dies eventually.
(c) She can't even think about going back right now.
(d) She is ready to go back.
5. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
(a) For building a poor structure.
(b) He was caught drinking on the job.
(c) He was replaced by the boss's nephew.
(d) For putting a handprint in the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Grandpa Izzy tell Rachel about when she calls him in Chapter 17?
2. Who calls Rachel to find out how Izzy is doing on Saturday in Chapter 33?
3. What does Dr. North tell Shirley about Izzy's condition after his second fall?
4. What happens when the Coopers go to leave Izzy's room in the last part of Chapter 38?
5. What does Rachel say she is afraid of in Chapter 6?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)