|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Rachel gives for ending the interview for the school paper in Chapter 11?
(a) There is another person she needs to interview.
(b) Her grandfather is dying.
(c) She has to go to work.
(d) She has all the information she needs.
2. What does Izzy want to do in Chapter 33 when Rachel arrives at his house early on Saturday morning?
(a) Stay inside and rest.
(b) Take her to the bridges again.
(c) Go to the hardware store.
(d) Stay outside all day.
3. What does Rachel hear in Chapter 34 when she is outside of Izzy's hospital room?
(a) The nurses gossiping.
(b) Alice Farnum laughing.
(c) Shirley crying.
(d) Izzy groaning.
4. What is one thing Manny does to anger Rachel in Chapter 2?
(a) Makes her mother cry.
(b) Says he didn't need that job anyway.
(c) Called her by a hated nickname.
(d) Compares her to another girl.
5. How does Izzy treat the person who visits him in Chapter 39?
(a) He is condescending.
(b) He is unresponsive.
(c) He is gruff and unfriendly.
(d) He tries to be sociable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandpa Izzy do for a living before he retired?
2. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
3. What does Izzy say about Rachel to a neighbor after their walk?
4. What happens after Izzy's treatment in the hospital?
5. In Rachel's journal account of Chapter 39, why does she say that Shirley had to leave Izzy on Sunday?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)