|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Shirley react to Rachel's request on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) She says she can't make any more decisions right now.
(b) She hugs Rachel and tells her she is growing up too fast.
(c) She thinks its a bad idea and they argue.
(d) She thinks it makes sense and argues about it with Manny.
2. What reason does Rachel gives for ending the interview for the school paper in Chapter 11?
(a) Her grandfather is dying.
(b) There is another person she needs to interview.
(c) She has to go to work.
(d) She has all the information she needs.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Rachel forget to tell her mother?
(a) About Rachel's school concert.
(b) About Shirley's appointment with Dr. North.
(c) About the note from Rachel's teacher.
(d) About a job interview.
4. What does Dr. North say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy when Rachel and Shirley meet him in Chapter 10?
(a) He has a form of cancer.
(b) There is nothing wrong with him.
(c) He has severe allergies and asthma.
(d) He needs a heart transplant.
5. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Contentious and gruff.
(b) Angier that usual.
(c) Subdued and silent.
(d) Uncharacteristically kind.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shirley mad at Rachel in Chapter 13?
2. What is true of Izzy and Rachel's walk up Schyler Hill?
3. What does Dr. North say about Izzy's fall?
4. Who writes a letter and who is the recipient in Chapter 2?
5. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)