|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
(a) Jane Eyre.
(b) Little Women.
(c) The Trumpet of the Swans.
(d) My Side of the Mountain.
2. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
(a) A message for Manny.
(b) A jar of jelly his wife made.
(c) A phone number for hospice.
(d) A prescription for pain medication.
3. What is one of the things that Eva asked Izzy to do after she died?
(b) Take care of her plants.
(c) Go to church.
(d) Visit her grave often.
4. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
(a) Manny wants her to tell Izzy about the cancer, but she doesn't want to.
(b) She has to tell Izzy that he has cancer and is dying.
(c) Rachel doesn't want to go to Izzy's for the traditional Sunday meal.
(d) She doesn't want to face Izzy who doesn't know he is dying.
5. Where do the Coopers go on Sunday mornings?
(a) Breakfast at the diner.
(b) Grandpa Izzy's house.
(d) Their cottage on the lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel describe happening in Chapter 2 at the kitchen table?
2. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
3. Who plays basketball every Saturday?
4. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
5. Who stares at Rachel during seventh period in Chapter 4?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)