|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
(a) My Side of the Mountain.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) Little Women.
(d) The Trumpet of the Swans.
2. What does Dr. North say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy when Rachel and Shirley meet him in Chapter 10?
(a) He has severe allergies and asthma.
(b) He needs a heart transplant.
(c) He has a form of cancer.
(d) There is nothing wrong with him.
3. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
(a) She eats bacon and pancakes with her parents.
(b) She is running late.
(c) She is in a car accident.
(d) She get to school early for a school paper meeting.
4. How does Shirley react to Rachel's request on the Monday after Izzy is hospitalized?
(a) She hugs Rachel and tells her she is growing up too fast.
(b) She thinks its a bad idea and they argue.
(c) She thinks it makes sense and argues about it with Manny.
(d) She says she can't make any more decisions right now.
5. What does Shirley tell Manny she wants in Chapter 18?
(a) To hire an aide for Izzy.
(b) For Izzy to live with them.
(c) To go and stay with Izzy for a while.
(d) To tell Izzy about his cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
2. What does Alice Farnum wear when she visits Izzy in Chapter 26?
3. After meeting with Dr. North, what does Shirley tell her father about his health?
4. Where does Rachel work from 5 to 9?
5. Who does Rachel see at the Civic Center when she and her father go to the performance there?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)