|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Coopers go on Sunday mornings?
(b) Grandpa Izzy's house.
(c) Breakfast at the diner.
(d) Their cottage on the lake.
2. Who is at Izzy's apartment when he and Rachel return from their first walk after his second fall?
(a) Manny and Shirley.
(b) Alice Farnum.
(c) Helena, Mikey, and Lewis.
(d) Jeremy and Lenny.
3. What does Grandpa Izzy tell Rachel about when she calls him in Chapter 17?
(a) He used to get into a lot of fights when he was young.
(b) That he used to play stickball afterschool with his brother.
(c) That his own father died from a fall.
(d) That she reminds him of his dead wife.
4. What did Grandpa Izzy do for a living before he retired?
(a) He was a stonemason.
(b) He was a soldier.
(c) He was a teacher.
(d) He was a mechanic.
5. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Contentious and gruff.
(b) Uncharacteristically kind.
(c) Subdued and silent.
(d) Angier that usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term of endearment does Izzy call Rachel on the day of the birthday party?
2. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
3. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
4. What reason does Rachel gives for ending the interview for the school paper in Chapter 11?
5. What do the Coopers and Izzy do in Chapter 35?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)