|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
(a) Knitting a scarf for Grandpa Izzy.
(b) Playing solitaire.
(c) Drinking from a bottle of gin.
(d) Snoring loudly.
2. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Uncharacteristically kind.
(b) Angier that usual.
(c) Contentious and gruff.
(d) Subdued and silent.
3. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
(a) She eats bacon and pancakes with her parents.
(b) She is running late.
(c) She is in a car accident.
(d) She get to school early for a school paper meeting.
4. What else does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
(a) To get to know him better.
(b) That Helena goes with them.
(c) To wear headphones.
(d) That they go to the zoo.
5. What does Rachel realize is the reason for Izzy's bad mood in Chapter 22?
(a) Alice Farnum has upset him.
(b) He doesn't get to walk on Thursdays.
(c) He just got off the phone with Dr. North.
(d) He just got off the phone with Shirley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shirley mad at Rachel in Chapter 13?
2. What does Helena make for Mikey after school in Chapter 12?
3. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Rachel forget to tell her mother?
5. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)