|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21 | Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. North say is wrong with Grandpa Izzy when Rachel and Shirley meet him in Chapter 10?
(a) He needs a heart transplant.
(b) There is nothing wrong with him.
(c) He has a form of cancer.
(d) He has severe allergies and asthma.
2. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
(b) Dr. Roof.
(c) Mrs. Minor.
(d) Alice Farnum.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Rachel forget to tell her mother?
(a) About Shirley's appointment with Dr. North.
(b) About Rachel's school concert.
(c) About the note from Rachel's teacher.
(d) About a job interview.
4. How can Rachel tell that Izzy is in a bad mood when she arrives for their walk on Friday in Chapter 22?
(a) He kicks over a trashcan.
(b) His fists are clenched and he makes her paces in the lobby.
(c) He tells her he is in a bad mood.
(d) His eyebrows and furrowed and he is silent.
5. What does Rachel do to occupy her mind while walking with Izzy after school in Chapter 20?
(a) Counts the number of pigeons they see.
(b) Makes up stories and thinks about Lewis.
(c) Sings a song she is learning in chorus.
(d) Imagines being a world famous reporter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Izzy say to Rachel every day after their walks when they reach his apartment lobby?
2. What does Izzy tell Rachel about Eva, on their walk in Chapter 22?
3. Who is Rachel's best friend?
4. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
5. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)