|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 | Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel describe happening in Chapter 2 at the kitchen table?
(a) She explodes in anger at ther parents.
(b) Her mother drinks too much.
(c) Her father says he has lost his job.
(d) Her parents have a violent argument.
2. Where do Rachel's parents go in Chapter 9?
(a) To a friend's house.
(b) For a hike.
(c) To a funeral.
(d) On a date.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Rachel forget to tell her mother?
(a) About Shirley's appointment with Dr. North.
(b) About the note from Rachel's teacher.
(c) About a job interview.
(d) About Rachel's school concert.
4. Why does Rachel suggest that Lewis was staring at her?
(a) Because he hates her.
(b) Because his is nearsighted.
(c) Because someone is spreading rumors about her.
(d) Because he is a spaced out druggie.
5. What does Grandpa Izzy do every day?
(a) Gets a shot.
(c) Takes meals to an elderly woman.
(d) Walks four miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Rachel's best friend?
2. Who writes a letter and who is the recipient in Chapter 2?
3. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
4. What does Rachel want to be when she grows up?
5. What did Grandpa Izzy do for a living before he retired?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)