|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 39.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Izzy say about Rachel to a neighbor after their walk?
(a) That she is just as stubborn as her grandfather.
(b) That she is his guard dog.
(c) That she will be a famous writer.
(d) That she is his guardian angel.
2. Who does Izzy tell Rachel called to check on him after his fall?
(a) Alice Farnum.
(b) Dr. Roof.
(c) Mrs. Minor.
3. Why does Rachel decide to skip the birthday party in Chapter 32?
(a) To go out with Lewis.
(b) She is jealous.
(c) To make her mom angry.
(d) To take care of Izzy.
4. In Rachel's journal account of Chapter 39, why does she say that Shirley had to leave Izzy on Sunday?
(a) She couldn't bear to see him in pain.
(b) She had to go to a funeral for a friend's child.
(c) She vomited and started running a fever.
(d) She had groceries in the car.
5. How does Rachel begin Monday morning in Chapter 7?
(a) She is running late.
(b) She is in a car accident.
(c) She eats bacon and pancakes with her parents.
(d) She get to school early for a school paper meeting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Rachel tell her parents about Izzy's second fall right away?
2. What is Rachel's nickname within her family?
3. What do the Coopers and Izzy do in Chapter 35?
4. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
5. What does Dr. North tell Izzy when the patient asks when he will be able to go home?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)