|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is true of Jeremy?
(a) He has a chronic illness that prevents him from working.
(b) He has a pregnant wife.
(c) He was in the Vietnam War.
(d) He is a writer.
2. What does Rachel find in Izzy's hospital room when she returns on the day following his first treatment?
(a) Balloons from Helena.
(b) A plant from Alice Farnum.
(c) An empty bed.
(d) Someone else in Izzy's bed.
3. Why does Rachel argue with Lewis after their first kiss?
(a) She is jealous.
(b) She is laughing.
(c) She is embarrased.
(d) She is crying.
4. Why are Rachel's parents annoyed with her when she first arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) She didn't leave a note.
(b) They got a phone call from her school.
(c) She didn't do her chores.
(d) She interrupts their argument.
5. What happens after Izzy's treatment in the hospital?
(a) He is restless and Rachel stays past visiting hours.
(b) He falls asleep and Manny takes Rachel home.
(c) He falls asleep and the Coopers go home.
(d) He has a reaction and is put in the Intensive Care Unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. North give Shirley before she and Rachel leave his office?
2. Why is Shirley mad at Rachel in Chapter 13?
3. What does Dr. North say about Izzy's fall?
4. Where does Rachel work from 5 to 9?
5. What does Rachel do when she returns to school the Wednesday after Izzy is hospitalized?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)