|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After meeting with Dr. North, what does Shirley tell her father about his health?
(a) That he has brought this on himself.
(b) She tells him he has a clean bill of health.
(c) That he needs a donor.
(d) She doesn't tell him anything.
2. What happens to Rachel at school on Monday in Chapter 7?
(a) She vomits.
(b) She receives an award.
(c) She gets a rash.
(d) She learns her favorite teacher is gone.
3. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
(a) Snoring loudly.
(b) Playing solitaire.
(c) Knitting a scarf for Grandpa Izzy.
(d) Drinking from a bottle of gin.
4. What does Grandpa Izzy tell Rachel about when she calls him in Chapter 17?
(a) That he used to play stickball afterschool with his brother.
(b) That his own father died from a fall.
(c) He used to get into a lot of fights when he was young.
(d) That she reminds him of his dead wife.
5. Where do Rachel and her mother go to picky up Izzy in Chapter 7?
(a) The senior center.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His apartment.
(d) The mall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What performance comes to town in Chapter 8?
2. Why is Shirley mad at Rachel in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 9, what does Rachel forget to tell her mother?
4. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
5. Why are Rachel's parents annoyed with her when she first arrives home in the beginning of Chapter 17?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)