|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17 | Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Rachel's parents go in Chapter 9?
(a) To a funeral.
(b) To a friend's house.
(c) For a hike.
(d) On a date.
2. What book does Rachel say she read five times when she was ten years old?
(a) My Side of the Mountain.
(b) Jane Eyre.
(c) Little Women.
(d) The Trumpet of the Swans.
3. What performance comes to town in Chapter 8?
(c) The Sound of Music.
(d) The HMS Pinafore.
4. What is Shirley doing when Rachel apologizes to her in Chapter 3?
(a) Snoring loudly.
(b) Knitting a scarf for Grandpa Izzy.
(c) Drinking from a bottle of gin.
(d) Playing solitaire.
5. What does Izzy say about Rachel to a neighbor after their walk?
(a) That she will be a famous writer.
(b) That she is just as stubborn as her grandfather.
(c) That she is his guard dog.
(d) That she is his guardian angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Rachel when she is home alone in Chapter 9?
2. Who does Rachel see at the Civic Center when she and her father go to the performance there?
3. Who stares at Rachel during seventh period in Chapter 4?
4. What item gets broken in Chapter 13?
5. Who ran away to England when he was younger than Rachel is in the story?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)