|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel eat at the hospital cafeteria with her parents when Shirley complains about the food?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(b) A chef salad.
(c) American goulash.
(d) A tuna salad sandwich.
2. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
(a) He cant walk, breathe, or spit up whats in his chest.
(b) Shirley is hovering.
(c) He can't go to the bathroom without help.
(d) The crying patient in the room next door.
3. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
(a) Eva, his wife.
(b) The patron saint of patience.
(c) A poet named Elsbeth.
(d) Beth, his mother.
4. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
(a) A woman drives them in her car.
(b) They walk.
(c) Rachel calls a cab.
(d) The take the bus.
5. On the second day in Chapter 38, what does Izzy talk to Rachel about?
(a) His career as a stone mason.
(b) Shirley and Manny.
(c) His courtship with Eva and her relationship with Lewis.
(d) Nothing, he refuses to speak to anyone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
2. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
3. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
4. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
5. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)