|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
(a) Beth, his mother.
(b) The patron saint of patience.
(c) A poet named Elsbeth.
(d) Eva, his wife.
2. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) A picture of Izzy and Eva.
(b) A key to his apartment.
(c) A picture of Shirley and Eva.
(d) His old union card.
3. What happens when the Coopers go to leave Izzy's room in the last part of Chapter 38?
(a) He tears off his oxygen mask.
(b) He collapses again.
(c) He falls and hits his head.
(d) He tells Shirley to leave the gift after all.
4. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Contentious and gruff.
(b) Angier that usual.
(c) Uncharacteristically kind.
(d) Subdued and silent.
5. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
(a) Rachel calls a cab.
(b) A woman drives them in her car.
(c) They walk.
(d) The take the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
2. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
3. What does Izzy insist that Shirley take home with her, even though she made it for him?
4. What does Rachel eat at the hospital cafeteria with her parents when Shirley complains about the food?
5. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)