|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the second day in Chapter 38, what does Izzy talk to Rachel about?
(a) Shirley and Manny.
(b) His career as a stone mason.
(c) Nothing, he refuses to speak to anyone.
(d) His courtship with Eva and her relationship with Lewis.
2. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
(a) Shirley is hovering.
(b) He can't go to the bathroom without help.
(c) The crying patient in the room next door.
(d) He cant walk, breathe, or spit up whats in his chest.
3. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
(a) The patron saint of patience.
(b) Eva, his wife.
(c) Beth, his mother.
(d) A poet named Elsbeth.
4. What do the Coopers do while they are at Grandpa Izzy's in Chapter 15?
(a) Play Euchre.
(b) Do a jigsaw puzzle.
(c) Play Scrabble.
(d) Build a house of cards.
5. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
(a) Rachel doesn't want to go to Izzy's for the traditional Sunday meal.
(b) Manny wants her to tell Izzy about the cancer, but she doesn't want to.
(c) She has to tell Izzy that he has cancer and is dying.
(d) She doesn't want to face Izzy who doesn't know he is dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Izzy insist that Shirley take home with her, even though she made it for him?
2. What happens when the Coopers go to leave Izzy's room in the last part of Chapter 38?
3. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
4. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
5. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)