|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
(a) She doesn't want to face Izzy who doesn't know he is dying.
(b) Manny wants her to tell Izzy about the cancer, but she doesn't want to.
(c) Rachel doesn't want to go to Izzy's for the traditional Sunday meal.
(d) She has to tell Izzy that he has cancer and is dying.
2. Where does Lewis take Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) To a basketball game.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To meet his parents.
(d) To the lake.
3. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
(a) That they had a child who died before she was born.
(b) That Shirley left another man to be with Manny.
(c) That they eloped.
(d) That they quit college when she was born.
4. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Angier that usual.
(b) Subdued and silent.
(c) Contentious and gruff.
(d) Uncharacteristically kind.
5. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
(a) A woman drives them in her car.
(b) They walk.
(c) Rachel calls a cab.
(d) The take the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel eat at the hospital cafeteria with her parents when Shirley complains about the food?
2. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
3. On the second day in Chapter 38, what does Izzy talk to Rachel about?
4. What happens to Grandpa Izzy that requires Rachel to go get him in Chapter 16?
5. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)