|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Subdued and silent.
(b) Contentious and gruff.
(c) Uncharacteristically kind.
(d) Angier that usual.
2. What does Izzy insist that Shirley take home with her, even though she made it for him?
(a) Zucchini bread.
(b) A sweater.
(c) An afghan.
3. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
(a) Shirley is hovering.
(b) The crying patient in the room next door.
(c) He can't go to the bathroom without help.
(d) He cant walk, breathe, or spit up whats in his chest.
4. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
(a) Beth, his mother.
(b) A poet named Elsbeth.
(c) The patron saint of patience.
(d) Eva, his wife.
5. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
(a) He was replaced by the boss's nephew.
(b) He was caught drinking on the job.
(c) For putting a handprint in the wall.
(d) For building a poor structure.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the second day in Chapter 38, what does Izzy talk to Rachel about?
2. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
3. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
4. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
5. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)