|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the second day in Chapter 38, what does Izzy talk to Rachel about?
(a) His courtship with Eva and her relationship with Lewis.
(b) Nothing, he refuses to speak to anyone.
(c) Shirley and Manny.
(d) His career as a stone mason.
2. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
(a) The patron saint of patience.
(b) Eva, his wife.
(c) Beth, his mother.
(d) A poet named Elsbeth.
3. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
(a) His old union card.
(b) A picture of Shirley and Eva.
(c) A picture of Izzy and Eva.
(d) A key to his apartment.
4. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
(a) For building a poor structure.
(b) For putting a handprint in the wall.
(c) He was replaced by the boss's nephew.
(d) He was caught drinking on the job.
5. What do the Coopers do while they are at Grandpa Izzy's in Chapter 15?
(a) Build a house of cards.
(b) Play Scrabble.
(c) Do a jigsaw puzzle.
(d) Play Euchre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
2. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
3. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
4. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
5. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)