|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
(a) Beth, his mother.
(b) A poet named Elsbeth.
(c) Eva, his wife.
(d) The patron saint of patience.
2. What do the Coopers do while they are at Grandpa Izzy's in Chapter 15?
(a) Play Euchre.
(b) Build a house of cards.
(c) Play Scrabble.
(d) Do a jigsaw puzzle.
3. What happens to Grandpa Izzy that requires Rachel to go get him in Chapter 16?
(a) He has a seizure and falls in a ditch.
(b) He falls while walking.
(c) He is hit by a baseball.
(d) He is hit by a car.
4. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
(a) Rachel calls a cab.
(b) A woman drives them in her car.
(c) The take the bus.
(d) They walk.
5. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
(a) Manny wants her to tell Izzy about the cancer, but she doesn't want to.
(b) She doesn't want to face Izzy who doesn't know he is dying.
(c) She has to tell Izzy that he has cancer and is dying.
(d) Rachel doesn't want to go to Izzy's for the traditional Sunday meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Izzy complain about in Chapter 38?
2. What does Rachel eat at the hospital cafeteria with her parents when Shirley complains about the food?
3. What does Izzy insist that Shirley take home with her, even though she made it for him?
4. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
5. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)