|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rachel eat at the hospital cafeteria with her parents when Shirley complains about the food?
(a) A tuna salad sandwich.
(b) A chef salad.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) American goulash.
2. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
(a) Rachel's boss.
(b) Coach Al.
(c) Dr. North.
(d) Alice Farnum.
3. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
(a) Contentious and gruff.
(b) Angier that usual.
(c) Uncharacteristically kind.
(d) Subdued and silent.
4. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
(a) The take the bus.
(b) They walk.
(c) A woman drives them in her car.
(d) Rachel calls a cab.
5. Why is Shirley upset on Sunday in Chapter 15?
(a) She doesn't want to face Izzy who doesn't know he is dying.
(b) She has to tell Izzy that he has cancer and is dying.
(c) Manny wants her to tell Izzy about the cancer, but she doesn't want to.
(d) Rachel doesn't want to go to Izzy's for the traditional Sunday meal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Coopers go to leave Izzy's room in the last part of Chapter 38?
2. What does Izzy give to Rachel in Chapter 30?
3. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
4. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
5. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)