|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 38.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Izzy get fired from his stonemason job?
(a) He was caught drinking on the job.
(b) He was replaced by the boss's nephew.
(c) For building a poor structure.
(d) For putting a handprint in the wall.
2. Where did Izzy and Eva meet?
(a) In a parade.
(b) At Eva's parent's house.
(c) At the beach.
(d) In a diner.
3. What happens to Grandpa Izzy that requires Rachel to go get him in Chapter 16?
(a) He is hit by a baseball.
(b) He falls while walking.
(c) He is hit by a car.
(d) He has a seizure and falls in a ditch.
4. What does Izzy demand, as the Coopers are leaving, in Chapter 38?
(a) That Rachel return to school.
(b) To be told when he can go home.
(c) To be told everything the doctor says.
(d) To be moved to another room.
5. Who does Izzy say Rachel should have been named for?
(a) The patron saint of patience.
(b) Beth, his mother.
(c) Eva, his wife.
(d) A poet named Elsbeth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Rachel and Grandpa Izzy get home from the location of Izzy's accident?
2. What best describes Izzy's mood at the family dinner in Chapter 15?
3. What does Rachel learn about Shirley and Manny in Chapter 30?
4. In Chapter 16, who calls the Cooper's house while Rachel is home alone?
5. Where does Lewis take Rachel in Chapter 30?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)