Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
1. What does Rachel want to be when she grows up?
(a) A chef.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A writer.
2. What is Rachel's nickname within her family?
3. Who is Rachel's best friend?
4. Who writes a letter and who is the recipient in Chapter 2?
(a) Rachel writes to an unnamed pen pal.
(b) Rachel writers to Jeremy.
(c) Jeremy writes to Rachel.
(d) Helena writes to Rachel.
5. What does Rachel describe happening in Chapter 2 at the kitchen table?
(a) Her parents have a violent argument.
(b) Her mother drinks too much.
(c) Her father says he has lost his job.
(d) She explodes in anger at ther parents.
6. What is one thing Manny does to anger Rachel in Chapter 2?
(a) Says he didn't need that job anyway.
(b) Compares her to another girl.
(c) Makes her mother cry.
(d) Called her by a hated nickname.
This section contains 5,544 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)