Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
• Rachel aspires to be a writer.
• Rachel tries to grow up while her parents still call her Mouse.
• Rachel is jealous of Helena and worries she will never be kissed.
• Rachel writes to Jeremy about her outburst at their parents.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
• Rachel thinks about Jeremy's difficulties after returning from the war.
• Rachel recalls how Helena befriends her after a famous writer visits the school.
• Lewis Olswager watches Rachel in study hall.
• Rachel phones her cranky Grandpa Izzy, who is estranged from his brother Lenny.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
• Rachel plays paddleball with the Minors.
• The Coopers spend Sunday morning with Grandpa Izzy.
Chapter 7 | Chapter 8
• Rachel runs directly into Lewis, drops her books, and vomits in the nurses office.
• Rachel runs into Lewis at the Civic Center.
Chapter 9 | Chapter 10
• Lewis calls Rachel pretending to be Ron Heartbreaker.
• Dr. North leaves a message regarding Izzy's appointment.
• Izzy is diagnosed...
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)