Chapter 1 | Chapter 2
* Rachel aspires to be a writer.
* Rachel tries to grow up while her parents still call her Mouse.
* Rachel is jealous of Helena and worries she will never be kissed.
* Rachel writes to Jeremy about her outburst at their parents.
Chapter 3 | Chapter 4
* Rachel thinks about Jeremy's difficulties after returning from the war.
* Rachel recalls how Helena befriends her after a famous writer visits the school.
* Lewis Olswager watches Rachel in study hall.
* Rachel phones her cranky Grandpa Izzy, who is estranged from his brother Lenny.
Chapter 5 | Chapter 6
* Rachel plays paddleball with the Minors.
* The Coopers spend Sunday morning with Grandpa Izzy.
Chapter 7 | Chapter 8
* Rachel runs directly into Lewis, drops her books, and vomits in the nurses office.
* Rachel runs into Lewis at the Civic Center.
Chapter 9 | Chapter 10
* Lewis calls Rachel pretending to be Ron Heartbreaker.
* Dr. North leaves a message regarding Izzy's appointment.
* Izzy is diagnosed...
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)