|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
2. How was the General involved in Ben's school?
3. After Ben recovered from his wounds, what happened to him?
4. What is Miro doing before Kate tries to take off?
5. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
2. As the General looks back on the day of the hijacking, what does he wonder?
3. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
4. Prior to Ben's death, what type of the man was the General?
5. Why does Kate become nervous and sad?
6. What does the reader discover about the General in this section?
7. What shocks the reader in this section?
8. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
9. How does Artkin die?
10. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What qualities do Artkin and Miro share with one another? Are they typical father and son similarities
How has Artkin trained Miro to become a terrorist and how does Miro fight the urge to become a terrorist?
Essay Topic 2
Is foreshadowing a device that Cormier uses throughout his novel?
If so, what characters, or section of the novel does he choose to use this device in.
Give 3 instances of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Kate's character. Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of Kate's character?
- How does she attempt to use her own sexuality to free herself and the children?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)