|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the children originally headed to on the bus?
2. How had the General learned almost everything he knew about Ben?
3. What did the General know that Ben would do if he was captured?
4. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
5. How did the General learn about Ben's school work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shocks the reader in this section?
2. How does Kate start the bus?
3. Why isn't Kate killed during or after her escape attempt?
4. How is the book's ending ironic?
5. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
6. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
7. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
8. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
9. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
10. Why has Ben felt so much guilt over the past few years?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has the General's actions caused Ben to commit suicide?
How could the General have prevented the death of his son?
Essay Topic 2
Ben's character is used to show several themes throughout the story. He is an innocent young man that is used by his father and others to get what they want.
Through Ben's character, what themes are explored by the author?
Which theme is the most prevalent throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of forgiveness throughout the book. Choose three instances in which a character attempts to ask for forgiveness.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)