|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
2. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
3. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
4. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
5. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Kate's character. Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of Kate's character?
- How does she attempt to use her own sexuality to free herself and the children?
Essay Topic 2
In your opinion, did Ben's father choose this work over his son's life?
Explain your stance. Provide information from the book to support your point.
Essay Topic 3
How has the General's actions caused Ben to commit suicide?
How could the General have prevented the death of his son?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)