|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Miro when the assault begins?
2. Why is Raymond's death so sad?
3. How does Artkin die?
4. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
5. How does Kate use her sexuality in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
2. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
3. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
4. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
5. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
6. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
7. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
8. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
9. Why isn't Kate killed during or after her escape attempt?
10. What led to Ben's suicide.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has the General's actions caused Ben to commit suicide?
How could the General have prevented the death of his son?
Essay Topic 2
To you, what is the definition of humanity?
How do certain characters live up to this definition or fail?
Think of two instances in with a character has acted cruelly or against another human's rights.
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, did Ben's father choose this work over his son's life?
Explain your stance. Provide information from the book to support your point.
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)