|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Artkin learn about the assault on the terrorists?
2. Rather than warning Artkin, what does Miro do?
3. Why did the General use Ben to go into the hijacking situation?
4. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
5. What does Kate realize about Artkin and Miro's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the General do to Ben to make sure, that he could always know what was happening with Ben?
2. To the reader, what does it seem like the General has chosen?
3. Why isn't Kate killed during or after her escape attempt?
4. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
5. What does the reader discover about the General in this section?
6. How is the book's ending ironic?
7. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
8. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
9. Why has Ben felt so much guilt over the past few years?
10. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What qualities do Artkin and Miro share with one another? Are they typical father and son similarities
How has Artkin trained Miro to become a terrorist and how does Miro fight the urge to become a terrorist?
Essay Topic 2
Ben's character is used to show several themes throughout the story. He is an innocent young man that is used by his father and others to get what they want.
Through Ben's character, what themes are explored by the author?
Which theme is the most prevalent throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
How has the General's actions caused Ben to commit suicide?
How could the General have prevented the death of his son?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)