|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
2. How do the terrorists react to this death?
3. What does he hope to do now that the mission is over?
4. What does Miro reveal himself to be?
5. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Miro leave Kate's body?
2. Why is Raymond forced to take more candy?
3. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
4. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
5. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
6. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
7. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
8. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
9. How does Kate start the bus?
10. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cruelty is another major theme in the novel. How do the following characters, act cruelly towards another human being?
- The General
Essay Topic 2
Does the author do a good job of hiding the surprise ending in the novel?
How does he create intensity as the great revelation gets closer?
Essay Topic 3
Two thirds of the way through the novel, the author begins to focus on two relationships. When it is revealed that Artkin in Miro's father, the author shifts the reader's attention to their apparent father/son relationship. Compare this relationship to Ben and the General.
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)