|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While everything happens, what happens to the helicopter?
2. Are many children saved as a result of the assault?
3. What is Miro doing before Kate tries to take off?
4. What does he hope to do now that the mission is over?
5. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate start the bus?
2. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
3. To the reader, what does it seem like the General has chosen?
4. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
5. Where does Miro leave Kate's body?
6. Why is Raymond forced to take more candy?
7. How does Artkin die?
8. Why does Kate become nervous and sad?
9. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
10. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ending of the novel and then discuss how the ending of the novel tragic and unfair.
What is an alternate ending you would have liked to see for the story?
Essay Topic 2
The author likens the children and young adults in the novel to game pawns.
Do you think this is an appropriate comparison for the author to make?
How do the adults use the children in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What qualities do Artkin and Miro share with one another? Are they typical father and son similarities
How has Artkin trained Miro to become a terrorist and how does Miro fight the urge to become a terrorist?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)