|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miro feel about this realization?
2. As Part 7 begins, what does the reader notice has changed?
3. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
4. What did the General do to Ben's phone?
5. While everything happens, what happens to the helicopter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate start the bus?
2. How is the book's ending ironic?
3. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
4. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
5. What happens to Kate's rescue/escape attempt?
6. Why does Kate become nervous and sad?
7. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
8. To the reader, what does it seem like the General has chosen?
9. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
10. What shocks the reader in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the ending of the novel and then discuss how the ending of the novel tragic and unfair.
What is an alternate ending you would have liked to see for the story?
Essay Topic 2
The author believes that many of the characters have had their innocence stolen. Explain how the following characters have had this taken away from them:
Essay Topic 3
Ben's character is used to show several themes throughout the story. He is an innocent young man that is used by his father and others to get what they want.
Through Ben's character, what themes are explored by the author?
Which theme is the most prevalent throughout the story.
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)