|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What chapters is the General now narrating?
2. What does he hope to do now that the mission is over?
3. Once Kate finally starts the bus, what happens?
4. How does the reader sense that Artkin's and Miro's relationship is different?
5. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ben yearns for love but is unable to find it with Nettie.
Is this because he is not ready to love? Or has he not had enough life experiences to find this type of love.
Essay Topic 2
To you, what is the definition of humanity?
How do certain characters live up to this definition or fail?
Think of two instances in with a character has acted cruelly or against another human's rights.
Essay Topic 3
What American rites of passage are present or mentioned in this novel?
What characters are forced to go through these?
How might these rites of passage differ from ones that Miro was forced to live through.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)