|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day of the hijacking, where does the General search for his son?
2. What causes the General to break down?
3. Once Kate finally starts the bus, what happens?
4. What are the names of all four terrorists?
5. Before the assault, how did Miro feel about the violence he was participating in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader discover about the General in this section?
2. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
3. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
4. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
5. How does Artkin die?
6. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
7. Why isn't Kate killed during or after her escape attempt?
8. What did the General do to Ben to make sure, that he could always know what was happening with Ben?
9. What shocks the reader in this section?
10. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ben yearns for love but is unable to find it with Nettie.
Is this because he is not ready to love? Or has he not had enough life experiences to find this type of love.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Kate's character. Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of Kate's character?
- How does she attempt to use her own sexuality to free herself and the children?
Essay Topic 3
Does the author do a good job of hiding the surprise ending in the novel?
How does he create intensity as the great revelation gets closer?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)