|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate underestimate?
2. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
3. Why is the General leading this new life?
4. How does Miro feel about this realization?
5. How had the General learned almost everything he knew about Ben?
Essay Topic 1
Ben's character is used to show several themes throughout the story. He is an innocent young man that is used by his father and others to get what they want.
Through Ben's character, what themes are explored by the author?
Which theme is the most prevalent throughout the story.
Essay Topic 2
Ben yearns for love but is unable to find it with Nettie.
Is this because he is not ready to love? Or has he not had enough life experiences to find this type of love.
Essay Topic 3
Does the author do a good job of hiding the surprise ending in the novel?
How does he create intensity as the great revelation gets closer?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)