Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
2. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
3. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
4. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
5. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
Essay Topic 1
To you, what is the definition of humanity?
How do certain characters live up to this definition or fail?
Think of two instances in with a character has acted cruelly or against another human's rights.
Essay Topic 2
Two thirds of the way through the novel, the author begins to focus on two relationships. When it is revealed that Artkin in Miro's father, the author shifts the reader's attention to their apparent father/son relationship. Compare this relationship to Ben and the General.
Essay Topic 3
What qualities do Artkin and Miro share with one another? Are they typical father and son similarities
How has Artkin trained Miro to become a terrorist and how does Miro fight the urge to become a terrorist?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)