Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
2. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
3. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
4. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
5. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
Essay Topic 1
Does the author do a good job of hiding the surprise ending in the novel?
How does he create intensity as the great revelation gets closer?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of forgiveness throughout the book. Choose three instances in which a character attempts to ask for forgiveness.
Essay Topic 3
Two thirds of the way through the novel, the author begins to focus on two relationships. When it is revealed that Artkin in Miro's father, the author shifts the reader's attention to their apparent father/son relationship. Compare this relationship to Ben and the General.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)