|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
2. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
3. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
4. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
5. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
Essay Topic 1
Two thirds of the way through the novel, the author begins to focus on two relationships. When it is revealed that Artkin in Miro's father, the author shifts the reader's attention to their apparent father/son relationship. Compare this relationship to Ben and the General.
Essay Topic 2
Ben yearns for love but is unable to find it with Nettie.
Is this because he is not ready to love? Or has he not had enough life experiences to find this type of love.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Kate's character. Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of Kate's character?
- How does she attempt to use her own sexuality to free herself and the children?
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)