|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
2. Are many children saved as a result of the assault?
3. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
4. As Part 7 begins, what does the reader notice has changed?
5. What did the General do to Ben's phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
2. How does Kate start the bus?
3. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
4. How does Artkin die?
5. What did the General do to Ben to make sure, that he could always know what was happening with Ben?
6. As the General looks back on the day of the hijacking, what does he wonder?
7. What does the reader discover about the General in this section?
8. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
9. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
10. To the reader, what does it seem like the General has chosen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Ben yearns for love but is unable to find it with Nettie.
Is this because he is not ready to love? Or has he not had enough life experiences to find this type of love.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the ending of the novel and then discuss how the ending of the novel tragic and unfair.
What is an alternate ending you would have liked to see for the story?
Essay Topic 3
Kate, Ben, and Raymond are all but in a very dangerous situation in which there is little hope and a large amount of doubt.
How do characters deal with doubt in the novel?
What do they look to in order to carry themselves through the difficult situations they have been put in?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)