|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
2. What chapters is the General now narrating?
3. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
4. After Ben recovered from his wounds, what happened to him?
5. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
2. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
3. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
4. What does the reader discover about the General in this section?
5. How does Kate start the bus?
6. To the reader, what does it seem like the General has chosen?
7. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
8. How does Artkin die?
9. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
10. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It seems as though the author is constantly trying to compare the lives of the three main characters. What themes does the author seem to emphasize with Kate, Ben, and Miro?
Essay Topic 2
What qualities do Artkin and Miro share with one another? Are they typical father and son similarities
How has Artkin trained Miro to become a terrorist and how does Miro fight the urge to become a terrorist?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of forgiveness throughout the book. Choose three instances in which a character attempts to ask for forgiveness.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)