|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Artkin learn about the assault on the terrorists?
2. What does Miro notice about Ben?
3. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
4. Because the van was wire tapped, what was the General forced to listen to?
5. Where is Miro when the assault begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Kate's rescue/escape attempt?
2. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
3. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
4. Prior to Ben's death, what type of the man was the General?
5. How is the book's ending ironic?
6. Why does Miro decide to kill Kate?
7. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
8. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
9. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
10. Why is Raymond forced to take more candy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In your opinion, did Ben's father choose this work over his son's life?
Explain your stance. Provide information from the book to support your point.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the ending of the novel and then discuss how the ending of the novel tragic and unfair.
What is an alternate ending you would have liked to see for the story?
Essay Topic 3
Cruelty is another major theme in the novel. How do the following characters, act cruelly towards another human being?
- The General
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)