|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Miro expected to die?
2. What moves into the woods around the bus?
3. What does Ben realize as he types his story?
4. To what group does his father belong?
5. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Miro and Ben?
2. How do events begin to take a turn for the worse?
3. What do the terrorists do with the child who has died?
4. Why does Kate get nervous about having the responsibility of saving the children that are on the bus?
5. What was the General in charge of while he worked at Forte Delta?
6. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
7. What did the General do to Ben to make sure, that he could always know what was happening with Ben?
8. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
9. What does Kate hope for when she hears the helicopters overhead?
10. What does Kate discover about Miro?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
It seems as though the author is constantly trying to compare the lives of the three main characters. What themes does the author seem to emphasize with Kate, Ben, and Miro?
Essay Topic 2
Ben's character is used to show several themes throughout the story. He is an innocent young man that is used by his father and others to get what they want.
Through Ben's character, what themes are explored by the author?
Which theme is the most prevalent throughout the story.
Essay Topic 3
What qualities do Artkin and Miro share with one another? Are they typical father and son similarities
How has Artkin trained Miro to become a terrorist and how does Miro fight the urge to become a terrorist?
This section contains 1,210 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)