Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bus taken?
2. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
3. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
4. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
5. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Artkin die?
2. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
3. When Kate is using the bathroom, what does she find?
4. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
5. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
6. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
7. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
8. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
9. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
10. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
The author likens the children and young adults in the novel to game pawns.
Do you think this is an appropriate comparison for the author to make?
How do the adults use the children in the novel.
What American rites of passage are present or mentioned in this novel?
What characters are forced to go through these?
How might these rites of passage differ from ones that Miro was forced to live through.
Examine the ending of the novel and then discuss how the ending of the novel tragic and unfair.
What is an alternate ending you would have liked to see for the story?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)