Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bus taken?
2. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
3. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
4. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
5. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Artkin die?
2. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
3. When Kate is using the bathroom, what does she find?
4. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
5. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
6. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
7. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
8. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
9. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
10. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
Analyze Kate's character. Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of Kate's character?
- How does she attempt to use her own sexuality to free herself and the children?
Ben's character is used to show several themes throughout the story. He is an innocent young man that is used by his father and others to get what they want.
Through Ben's character, what themes are explored by the author?
Which theme is the most prevalent throughout the story.
How has the General's actions caused Ben to commit suicide?
How could the General have prevented the death of his son?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)