|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bus taken?
2. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
3. What has Miro never seen?
4. What excites Miro although his brother is already dead?
5. To Ben, the day of the hijacking begins as __________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate hope for when she hears the helicopters overhead?
2. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
3. What was the General in charge of while he worked at Forte Delta?
4. What is different about Miro and Ben?
5. Why does Kate get nervous about having the responsibility of saving the children that are on the bus?
6. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
7. What does the reader immediately pick up on between Ben and his family?
8. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
9. As the General looks back on the day of the hijacking, what does he wonder?
10. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
Essay Topic 1
Is foreshadowing a device that Cormier uses throughout his novel?
If so, what characters, or section of the novel does he choose to use this device in.
Give 3 instances of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the ending of the novel and then discuss how the ending of the novel tragic and unfair.
What is an alternate ending you would have liked to see for the story?
Essay Topic 3
How has the General's actions caused Ben to commit suicide?
How could the General have prevented the death of his son?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)