|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Seventies, what was a common occurrence in America?
2. What is the driver now fighting for?
3. What does Ben seem to be contemplating?
4. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
5. What moves into the woods around the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do the terrorists take the children?
2. What type of life did Ben lead while he was growing up?
3. As Part 3 begins, what is Ben hoping happens?
4. What is Ben very eager to do?
5. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
6. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
7. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
8. What do the events of the novel show to the reader?
9. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
10. Where did Ben fall in love with Nettie Haversham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the theme of forgiveness throughout the book. Choose three instances in which a character attempts to ask for forgiveness.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Kate's character. Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of Kate's character?
- How does she attempt to use her own sexuality to free herself and the children?
Essay Topic 3
To you, what is the definition of humanity?
How do certain characters live up to this definition or fail?
Think of two instances in with a character has acted cruelly or against another human's rights.
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)