|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in charge with negotiations with the military?
2. What is the driver now fighting for?
3. What has Artkin promised to treat Miro as?
4. Why is Miro concerned about the bus' location?
5. At what time should Artikin's action happen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader immediately pick up on between Ben and his family?
2. What is different about Miro and Ben?
3. How do the terrorists get all the children to fall asleep?
4. When Ben's father arrives at Ben's dorm, what do the two men do?
5. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
6. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
7. What type of life did Ben lead while he was growing up?
8. When was the first time that Ben had learned about Inner Delta?
9. When Kate is using the bathroom, what does she find?
10. Where did Ben fall in love with Nettie Haversham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Kate's character. Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of Kate's character?
- How does she attempt to use her own sexuality to free herself and the children?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the characters in the novel feel regret over their past actions.
Examine the motives and actions of the following characters. If they regretted any of their actions, describe it:
- The General
Essay Topic 3
Is foreshadowing a device that Cormier uses throughout his novel?
If so, what characters, or section of the novel does he choose to use this device in.
Give 3 instances of foreshadowing.
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)