|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the driver now fighting for?
2. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
3. What has Artkin promised to treat Miro as?
4. Because Miro has taken part in other terrorist cases, what does this prove about him?
5. What is the General's name when he is doing Inner Delta business?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Artkin summons Miro, what does he tell him about?
2. What type of life did Ben lead while he was growing up?
3. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
4. What is Ben very eager to do?
5. What is different about Miro and Ben?
6. Why does Kate get nervous about having the responsibility of saving the children that are on the bus?
7. According to Ben's father, what do the terrorists want?
8. When Ben's father arrives at Ben's dorm, what do the two men do?
9. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
10. Where did Ben fall in love with Nettie Haversham?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Kate's character. Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of Kate's character?
- How does she attempt to use her own sexuality to free herself and the children?
Essay Topic 2
Cruelty is another major theme in the novel. How do the following characters, act cruelly towards another human being?
- The General
Essay Topic 3
Examine the ending of the novel and then discuss how the ending of the novel tragic and unfair.
What is an alternate ending you would have liked to see for the story?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)