|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miro and Artkin's relationship resemble?
2. Where is the bus taken?
3. Why does this hijacking scare Miro?
4. What does Kate remember about Miro?
5. What is one thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kate get nervous about having the responsibility of saving the children that are on the bus?
2. What is shocking about the end of the novel?
3. When Kate is using the bathroom, what does she find?
4. How do the terrorists get all the children to fall asleep?
5. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
6. When Artkin summons Miro, what does he tell him about?
7. Why is Miro excited for this day?
8. When Ben's father arrives at Ben's dorm, what do the two men do?
9. Prior to Ben's death, what type of the man was the General?
10. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
Essay Topic 1
Many of the characters in the novel feel regret over their past actions.
Examine the motives and actions of the following characters. If they regretted any of their actions, describe it:
- The General
Essay Topic 2
Two thirds of the way through the novel, the author begins to focus on two relationships. When it is revealed that Artkin in Miro's father, the author shifts the reader's attention to their apparent father/son relationship. Compare this relationship to Ben and the General.
Essay Topic 3
Cruelty is another major theme in the novel. How do the following characters, act cruelly towards another human being?
- The General
This section contains 1,269 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)