|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Miro never seen?
2. If Sedeete does not hear the signal, what should Artkin do?
3. What is a second thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
4. What does Ben seem to be contemplating?
5. How do the terrorists dispose of the dead body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader begin to understand about Miro as the events of the novel play out?
2. According to Ben's father, what do the terrorists want?
3. What does Kate discover about Miro?
4. What does the reader realize as the narration of the novel continues?
5. As Part 3 begins, what is Ben hoping happens?
6. What do the events of the novel show to the reader?
7. What does Kate hope for when she hears the helicopters overhead?
8. Why is Miro excited for this day?
9. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
10. How do the terrorists get all the children to fall asleep?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How has the General's actions caused Ben to commit suicide?
How could the General have prevented the death of his son?
Essay Topic 2
To you, what is the definition of humanity?
How do certain characters live up to this definition or fail?
Think of two instances in with a character has acted cruelly or against another human's rights.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Kate's character. Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of Kate's character?
- How does she attempt to use her own sexuality to free herself and the children?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)