|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the terrorists dispose of the dead body?
2. If all the terrorists die, what do they think will happen to their cause?
3. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
4. What does Miro notice about the mountains?
5. What does Miro and Artkin's relationship resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate discover about Miro?
2. As Part 3 begins, what is Ben hoping happens?
3. Why is Miro excited for this day?
4. Why is Miro excited about finally getting to participate with Artkin's plans?
5. How do events begin to take a turn for the worse?
6. When Kate is using the bathroom, what does she find?
7. Where do the terrorists take the children?
8. What is Ben very eager to do?
9. What type of life did Ben lead while he was growing up?
10. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Cruelty is another major theme in the novel. How do the following characters, act cruelly towards another human being?
- The General
Essay Topic 2
The author believes that many of the characters have had their innocence stolen. Explain how the following characters have had this taken away from them:
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Kate's character. Consider the following questions:
- What is the purpose of Kate's character?
- How does she attempt to use her own sexuality to free herself and the children?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)