|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The General's choice to use his son was ________.
(a) Chance to win the terrorist situation.
(b) A good military move.
(c) Not his best choice.
(d) A great tactile move.
2. During the hijacking, what does Miro struggle with?
(a) His inability to kill children, but wanting to fit in.
(b) Wanting to get to know Kate better, but being unable to do so.
(c) Artkin's refusal to notice Miro.
(d) His age. He feels so much younger than the other members of the team.
3. What does the reader learn about the General?
(a) He wishes he never had a son.
(b) The General is ruthless.
(c) He chooses the country over his own son.
(d) The General loves his family very much.
4. What are the names of all four terrorists?
(a) Miro, Artkin, Antibbe and Stroll.
(b) Artkin, Miro, Stroll and Kirre.
(c) Miro Stroll, Antibbe and Kirre.
(d) Miro, Artkin, Stroll and Maye.
5. What does Kate beg them to do?
(a) She wants to be set free.
(b) She wants the terrorists to kill her instead.
(c) For the kids to be freed.
(d) Spare the child.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because the van was wire tapped, what was the General forced to listen to?
2. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
3. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
4. What is finally revealed by the end of this section?
5. What does Kate underestimate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Ben felt so much guilt over the past few years?
2. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
3. How does Artkin die?
4. How is the book's ending ironic?
5. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
6. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
7. Why does Miro decide to kill Kate?
8. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
9. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
10. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)