|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
(a) An African or MIddle Eastern country.
(b) A South American country.
(c) A European country.
(d) An Asian country.
2. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
(a) They begin running after the bus.
(b) The terrorists are taking aim at the bus as it stalls.
(c) The bus falls into a ditch.
(d) The bus stalls and they capture her.
3. How do the terrorists react to this death?
(a) They kill Miro.
(b) They kill Raymond.
(c) They kill Ben.
(d) They kill Kate.
4. Why is the General leading this new life?
(a) Because his wife left him.
(b) He wants a new wife.
(c) He wanted a new start to life.
(d) Because of his horrible decision to use his son for the military.
5. What does the leader learn about Ben?
(a) Ben has hoped he and his father could soon become close.
(b) He has been filled with guilt over giving up information about the
(c) He has moved on with his life.
(d) He is going to college.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his prime, what was the General considered?
2. How had the General learned almost everything he knew about Ben?
3. How is Miro careful to elude his captors?
4. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
5. Where does Miro put Kate's body?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
2. What led to Ben's suicide.
3. What is shocking about the end of the novel?
4. Why does Miro decide to kill Kate?
5. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
6. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
7. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
8. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
9. What shocks the reader in this section?
10. Why has Ben felt so much guilt over the past few years?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)