|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
(a) He thinks he failed his government.
(b) He has let his mother down.
(c) He wanted to beat the terrorists.
(d) He needs it because he feels like he failed his father.
2. What did the General know that Ben would do if he was captured?
(a) He would create problems for
(b) He knew that Ben would make a mistake.
(c) He knew that Ben would spill information.
(d) The General would be incredibly mad.
3. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
(a) Terrorisim is terrible.
(b) The death of two young people.
(c) So many young children were involved in the hostage situation.
(d) The whole situation is terrible.
4. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
(a) They like Kate.
(b) They do not wish to kill Kate because she takes care of the children.
(c) They think Kate will be more valuable alive.
(d) They hope Kate will take care of them.
5. Are many children saved as a result of the assault?
(a) No, many of the children were killed.
(b) Yes, almost all of the children are saved.
(c) Raymond is the only child to die.
(d) Raymond is the only child who is saved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
2. Where does Miro decide to take Kate?
3. Why does Kate finally encourage Raymond to eat the candy?
4. During the hijacking, what does Miro struggle with?
5. What are the names of all four terrorists?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
2. How does Artkin die?
3. How is the book's ending ironic?
4. What does the reader discover about the General in this section?
5. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
6. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
7. Prior to Ben's death, what type of the man was the General?
8. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
9. What led to Ben's suicide.
10. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)