|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ben dies, what does he see himself as?
(a) A miserable person.
(b) A coward.
(c) Unhappy and weak.
(d) No longer the General's son.
2. Why does Kate finally encourage Raymond to eat the candy?
(a) Because she wants him to get some rest.
(b) Raymond needs food, so he has to eat the candy.
(c) Because the terrorists realize he is more lucid than other children.
(d) She does not wish for Raymond to get hurt by the terrorists.
3. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben?
(a) Whether or not Ben is the messenger to Artkin.
(b) Maybe Ben will have some secret training to deal with this situation.
(c) If Ben will make it out alive.
(d) Whether or not Ben will attempt to overthrow the terrorists.
4. Because the van was wire tapped, what was the General forced to listen to?
(a) The screams of children.
(b) His son being tortured.
(c) The terrorists demands.
(d) His son giving him up.
5. Why does Miro kill Kate?
(a) Because he was attacted to her.
(b) Because he thought she lied to distract him.
(c) Because Kate disrespects him.
(d) Kate asks for her death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
2. How will Miro now act around Kate?
3. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
4. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
5. What does Kate realize about Artkin and Miro's relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kate start the bus?
2. Where does Miro leave Kate's body?
3. Why does Kate become nervous and sad?
4. What did the General do to Ben to make sure, that he could always know what was happening with Ben?
5. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
6. As the General looks back on the day of the hijacking, what does he wonder?
7. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
8. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
9. How is the book's ending ironic?
10. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)