|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is ironic about Miro's escape?
(a) The person who caused all the devastation, goes unharmed.
(b) Miro is injured as he escapes.
(c) Miro never escapes.
(d) Miro is captured by the US government after he escapes.
2. What is Artkin's character perceived to be?
(a) A cold-blooded killer.
(b) A warm father figure.
(c) An evil terrorist.
(d) A terrorist with a warm personality.
3. After Ben recovered from his wounds, what happened to him?
(a) He decides he no longer wants to take a backseat in life.
(b) He decided to commit suicide.
(c) He chooses to go stay with his grandparents.
(d) He chooses to travel abroad.
4. Who is Artkin shot by?
(a) Ben, who has gotten a gun from a terrorists.
(b) An overhead helicopter.
(c) Miro, who is fed up with him.
(d) A US fighter.
5. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
(a) They begin running after the bus.
(b) The terrorists are taking aim at the bus as it stalls.
(c) The bus falls into a ditch.
(d) The bus stalls and they capture her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miro feel after the others berate him for overlooking Kate's search?
2. What does Miro reveal himself to be?
3. What causes the General to break down?
4. Where were the children originally headed to on the bus?
5. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
Short Essay Questions
1. As the General looks back on the day of the hijacking, what does he wonder?
2. What does the reader discover about the General in this section?
3. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
4. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
5. Why does Kate become nervous and sad?
6. What shocks the reader in this section?
7. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
8. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
9. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
10. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)