|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the assault, how did Miro feel about the violence he was participating in?
(a) Sure. He wanted to fight for the cause.
(b) He thought it was justified, because he wanted his people to be avenged.
(c) Miro decides that he will no longer participate in violent activites like this.
(d) Conflicted, but wanting to impress Artkin.
2. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
(a) They are jumbled together.
(b) They are very clear.
(d) Easy to follow and concise.
3. What does the reader learn about the General?
(a) The General is ruthless.
(b) He wishes he never had a son.
(c) The General loves his family very much.
(d) He chooses the country over his own son.
4. During the hijacking, what does Miro struggle with?
(a) His age. He feels so much younger than the other members of the team.
(b) Artkin's refusal to notice Miro.
(c) His inability to kill children, but wanting to fit in.
(d) Wanting to get to know Kate better, but being unable to do so.
5. What does Miro notice about Ben?
(a) He is a smart looking young man.
(b) He and Ben look a lot a like.
(c) He must be the same age as Ben.
(d) Ben is weak and unstable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
2. How was the General involved in Ben's school?
3. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
4. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
5. Why did the General use Ben to go into the hijacking situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
2. Why does Kate become nervous and sad?
3. Why has Ben felt so much guilt over the past few years?
4. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
5. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
6. How does Artkin die?
7. Where does Miro leave Kate's body?
8. Why is Raymond forced to take more candy?
9. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
10. What happens to Kate's rescue/escape attempt?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)