|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had the General learned almost everything he knew about Ben?
(a) He would speak with teachers to learn about his son.
(b) He has been spying on Ben.
(c) He asked his wife about their son.
(d) He had deep conversations with his father.
2. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
(a) The hijackers are assaulted sooner than expected.
(b) All the hostages are found dead.
(c) Bombs go off.
(d) The attackers are not sure when they should attack the terrorists.
3. What does Miro feel over Artkin?
(a) Guilty that he used Artkin.
(b) He feels regret and anger over Artkin's death.
(c) He thinks that Artkin was a great big brother figure.
(d) He is happy Artkin is dead.
4. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
(a) He thinks he failed his government.
(b) He needs it because he feels like he failed his father.
(c) He wanted to beat the terrorists.
(d) He has let his mother down.
5. Who is shot by a sniper?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Artkin have proof of Sedeete's capture?
2. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
3. Where does Miro put Kate's body?
4. Why is the General leading this new life?
5. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
2. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
3. Why has Ben felt so much guilt over the past few years?
4. Prior to Ben's death, what type of the man was the General?
5. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
6. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
7. As the General looks back on the day of the hijacking, what does he wonder?
8. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
9. Why isn't Kate killed during or after her escape attempt?
10. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)