|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Artkin learn about the assault on the terrorists?
(a) They learn from their spy sources.
(b) From phone taps.
(c) They are told by their US contacts.
(d) Ben gives in after being tortured and tells the terrorists when to expect the assault.
2. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
(a) Because he misses his wife.
(b) Because he sent his son into a battleground.
(c) He loves his son too much to loose him.
(d) Because he lost his job for sending Ben into the field.
3. What does Kate finally decide to do with the children?
(a) Force them to stay quiet.
(c) Play them some music.
(d) Tell them a story.
4. In his prime, what was the General considered?
(a) A very handsome man.
(b) Someone to look up to in the community.
(c) An extremely intelligent man.
(d) A strong determined man.
5. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
(a) He needs it because he feels like he failed his father.
(b) He has let his mother down.
(c) He thinks he failed his government.
(d) He wanted to beat the terrorists.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the hijacking, what does Miro struggle with?
2. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
3. What does Kate beg them to do?
4. How does Miro feel about this realization?
5. How did the General learn about Ben's school work?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why isn't Kate killed during or after her escape attempt?
2. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
3. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
4. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
5. What does the reader discover about the General in this section?
6. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
7. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
8. What is shocking about the end of the novel?
9. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
10. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)