|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot by a sniper?
2. What does the General know about Ben?
(a) He knew Ben would be tortured.
(b) He knew Ben would make him proud.
(c) That Ben would do anything for him.
(d) Ben would be a coward.
3. Does the reader ever really learn about Ben's mother?
(b) Yes, but only through the General's eyes.
(c) No, because she is dead.
(d) Yes, Ben mentions her briefly.
4. What does the reader learn about the General?
(a) The General loves his family very much.
(b) He chooses the country over his own son.
(c) He wishes he never had a son.
(d) The General is ruthless.
5. How long does Ben have to stay stationed?
(a) For a day.
(b) Until his father came to get him.
(c) Until the negotiations were complete.
(d) For a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the General do to Ben's phone?
2. The day of the hijacking, where does the General search for his son?
3. Why is this object important?
4. What does he hope to do now that the mission is over?
5. Once Kate finally starts the bus, what happens?
Short Essay Questions
1. To the reader, what does it seem like the General has chosen?
2. What did the General do to Ben to make sure, that he could always know what was happening with Ben?
3. Why does Miro decide to kill Kate?
4. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
5. What shocks the reader in this section?
6. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
7. Where does Miro leave Kate's body?
8. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
9. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
10. As the General looks back on the day of the hijacking, what does he wonder?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)