|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Ben have to stay stationed?
(a) Until the negotiations were complete.
(b) For a week.
(c) For a day.
(d) Until his father came to get him.
2. What is Artkin's character perceived to be?
(a) A terrorist with a warm personality.
(b) A cold-blooded killer.
(c) A warm father figure.
(d) An evil terrorist.
3. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
(a) When Miro decides to go to the bathroom.
(b) After nightfall.
(c) Before dawn.
(d) When Miro goes outside for air.
4. During the hijacking, what does Miro struggle with?
(a) His inability to kill children, but wanting to fit in.
(b) Artkin's refusal to notice Miro.
(c) His age. He feels so much younger than the other members of the team.
(d) Wanting to get to know Kate better, but being unable to do so.
5. Why is Kate allowed to live?
(a) She can help with the kids.
(b) Miro is attracted to her.
(c) She is easy on the eyes.
(d) Artkin is attracted to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is shot by a sniper?
2. Why does Kate finally encourage Raymond to eat the candy?
3. What is Miro doing before Kate tries to take off?
4. How does Artkin learn about the assault on the terrorists?
5. Why is this object important?
Short Essay Questions
1. To the reader, what does it seem like the General has chosen?
2. What happens to Kate's rescue/escape attempt?
3. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
4. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
5. Why is Raymond forced to take more candy?
6. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
7. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
8. What did the General do to Ben to make sure, that he could always know what was happening with Ben?
9. What shocks the reader in this section?
10. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)