|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had the General learned almost everything he knew about Ben?
(a) He asked his wife about their son.
(b) He had deep conversations with his father.
(c) He would speak with teachers to learn about his son.
(d) He has been spying on Ben.
2. After Ben recovered from his wounds, what happened to him?
(a) He chooses to travel abroad.
(b) He chooses to go stay with his grandparents.
(c) He decided to commit suicide.
(d) He decides he no longer wants to take a backseat in life.
3. What does the leader learn about Ben?
(a) He has been filled with guilt over giving up information about the
(b) He is going to college.
(c) Ben has hoped he and his father could soon become close.
(d) He has moved on with his life.
4. What is the name Ben's father uses in relation to Inner Delta missions?
5. What is ironic about Miro's escape?
(a) Miro is captured by the US government after he escapes.
(b) The person who caused all the devastation, goes unharmed.
(c) Miro is injured as he escapes.
(d) Miro never escapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
2. What mistake does Kate make?
3. Why is Kate allowed to live?
4. Because the van was wire tapped, what was the General forced to listen to?
5. Why is Raymond's death so sad?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
2. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
3. Why has Ben felt so much guilt over the past few years?
4. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
5. What did the General do to Ben to make sure, that he could always know what was happening with Ben?
6. How is the book's ending ironic?
7. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
8. How does Artkin die?
9. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
10. What happens to Kate's rescue/escape attempt?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)