|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
(a) She thinks that Miro will help her free the other children.
(b) She thinks he will spare her life.
(c) Miro will let Ben go.
(d) Miro will turn on the other terrorists.
2. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben?
(a) Maybe Ben will have some secret training to deal with this situation.
(b) Whether or not Ben is the messenger to Artkin.
(c) Whether or not Ben will attempt to overthrow the terrorists.
(d) If Ben will make it out alive.
3. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
(a) The death of two young people.
(b) The whole situation is terrible.
(c) Terrorisim is terrible.
(d) So many young children were involved in the hostage situation.
4. What does Miro feel over Artkin?
(a) Guilty that he used Artkin.
(b) He thinks that Artkin was a great big brother figure.
(c) He feels regret and anger over Artkin's death.
(d) He is happy Artkin is dead.
5. Who is shot by a sniper?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is ironic about Miro's escape?
2. In his prime, what was the General considered?
3. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
4. What chapters is the General now narrating?
5. What were Washington's orders for the General on the morning of the hijacking?
Short Essay Questions
1. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
2. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
3. How does Artkin die?
4. How does Kate start the bus?
5. Why does Kate become nervous and sad?
6. Why is Raymond forced to take more candy?
7. What led to Ben's suicide.
8. Why does Miro decide to kill Kate?
9. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
10. Prior to Ben's death, what type of the man was the General?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)