|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
(a) They are all the only child in their families.
(b) They are all very smart.
(c) They are all boys.
(d) They are all left handed.
2. What main theme is seen in this section?
(c) Self loathing.
3. How much in advance does the American assault begin on the terrorists?
(a) A day early.
(b) An hour early.
(c) Five hours early.
(d) Two days early.
4. What is Miro doing before Kate tries to take off?
(a) Speaking with Artkin.
(b) Goes to the bathroom.
(c) Getting air outside of the bus.
(d) Learn to drive the bus.
5. What has the military not figured out about capturing the terrorist leader?
(a) The stand off will not be over.
(b) The terrorists will now kill all of the children.
(c) The leader is not the heart of the movement.
(d) The terrorists will carry on even if their leader is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the children originally headed to on the bus?
2. When Ben dies, what does he see himself as?
3. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
4. Who is Artkin shot by?
5. Are many children saved as a result of the assault?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the book's ending ironic?
2. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
3. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
4. What do the terrorists think will happen with the attack from Inner Delta?
5. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
6. Where does Miro leave Kate's body?
7. What shocks the reader in this section?
8. Why has Ben felt so much guilt over the past few years?
9. Why does Miro decide to kill Kate?
10. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)