|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
(a) He loves his son too much to loose him.
(b) Because he sent his son into a battleground.
(c) Because he misses his wife.
(d) Because he lost his job for sending Ben into the field.
2. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
(a) The terrorists are taking aim at the bus as it stalls.
(b) They begin running after the bus.
(c) The bus stalls and they capture her.
(d) The bus falls into a ditch.
3. What chapters is the General now narrating?
(a) All chapters.
(b) Even chapters.
(c) The odd chapters.
(d) He is not.
4. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
(a) Easy to follow and concise.
(b) They are jumbled together.
(c) They are very clear.
5. What are the names of all four terrorists?
(a) Artkin, Miro, Stroll and Kirre.
(b) Miro, Artkin, Stroll and Maye.
(c) Miro, Artkin, Antibbe and Stroll.
(d) Miro Stroll, Antibbe and Kirre.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once Kate finally starts the bus, what happens?
2. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben?
3. The day of the hijacking, where does the General search for his son?
4. What is ironic about Miro's escape?
5. How does Miro feel about this realization?
Short Essay Questions
1. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
2. How is the book's ending ironic?
3. What happens to Kate's rescue/escape attempt?
4. Why isn't Kate killed during or after her escape attempt?
5. To the reader, what does it seem like the General has chosen?
6. What shocks the reader in this section?
7. Why is Raymond forced to take more candy?
8. Why does Miro decide to kill Kate?
9. How does Kate start the bus?
10. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)