|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of all four terrorists?
(a) Miro Stroll, Antibbe and Kirre.
(b) Artkin, Miro, Stroll and Kirre.
(c) Miro, Artkin, Antibbe and Stroll.
(d) Miro, Artkin, Stroll and Maye.
2. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
(a) They are very clear.
(b) They are jumbled together.
(c) Easy to follow and concise.
3. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
(a) Yes. The author describes Kate's funeral.
(b) No. Kate is never avenged.
(c) Yes. Kate's life is explored in a different section of the novel.
(d) No, the reader never knows what Kate's family thinks.
4. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
(a) The bus stalls and they capture her.
(b) The terrorists are taking aim at the bus as it stalls.
(c) The bus falls into a ditch.
(d) They begin running after the bus.
5. Why are the other terrorists so mad at Miro?
(a) He let Kate charm him.
(b) He is sloppy and careless,
(c) He does not act excited about their cause.
(d) He did not search Kate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the General know that Ben would do if he was captured?
2. What does the General know about Ben?
3. How does Miro feel about this realization?
4. The General's choice to use his son was ________.
5. What is ironic about Miro's escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
2. Why does Miro decide to kill Kate?
3. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
4. As the General looks back on the day of the hijacking, what does he wonder?
5. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
6. Prior to Ben's death, what type of the man was the General?
7. What led to Ben's suicide.
8. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
9. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
10. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)