|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Artkin's character perceived to be?
(a) An evil terrorist.
(b) A warm father figure.
(c) A terrorist with a warm personality.
(d) A cold-blooded killer.
2. Because the van was wire tapped, what was the General forced to listen to?
(a) The terrorists demands.
(b) His son being tortured.
(c) His son giving him up.
(d) The screams of children.
3. How do the terrorists react to this death?
(a) They kill Ben.
(b) They kill Kate.
(c) They kill Raymond.
(d) They kill Miro.
4. What prompted the General to tell Ben the truth?
(a) Ben finds confidential papers and confronts his father.
(b) Ben's guilt.
(c) Ben's prooding.
(d) The General's wife forces him to tell Ben the truth.
5. When Ben dies, what does he see himself as?
(a) Unhappy and weak.
(b) No longer the General's son.
(c) A coward.
(d) A miserable person.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the other terrorists so mad at Miro?
2. How much in advance does the American assault begin on the terrorists?
3. Once Kate finally starts the bus, what happens?
4. Where does Miro put Kate's body?
5. What does Kate beg them to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
2. What led to Ben's suicide.
3. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
4. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
5. What is shocking about the end of the novel?
6. Why does Miro decide to kill Kate?
7. Why isn't Miro blamed for his inability to control Kate?
8. Why isn't Kate killed during or after her escape attempt?
9. Where does Miro leave Kate's body?
10. What did the General do to Ben to make sure, that he could always know what was happening with Ben?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)