|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Are many children saved as a result of the assault?
(a) Raymond is the only child who is saved.
(b) No, many of the children were killed.
(c) Raymond is the only child to die.
(d) Yes, almost all of the children are saved.
2. How is Miro careful to elude his captors?
(a) He slowly and carefully travels through the woods.
(b) He disguises himself as a local.
(c) He rides a bike to his next location.
(d) He dresses in camo attire.
3. Why is this object important?
(a) It is very important because it serves as a momento.
(b) Actually, the object is not important, the messenger is.
(c) It was unique.
(d) The object is worth a lot of money.
4. How had the General learned almost everything he knew about Ben?
(a) He had deep conversations with his father.
(b) He would speak with teachers to learn about his son.
(c) He has been spying on Ben.
(d) He asked his wife about their son.
5. The day of the hijacking, where does the General search for his son?
(a) In the library.
(b) At the pool.
(c) At Ben's school.
(d) At Ben's baseball game.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Artkin have proof of Sedeete's capture?
2. How does Miro feel after the others berate him for overlooking Kate's search?
3. While everything happens, what happens to the helicopter?
4. What does Miro notice about Ben?
5. What is finally revealed by the end of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the book's ending ironic?
2. What does the reader discover about the General in this section?
3. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
4. How does Kate start the bus?
5. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
6. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
7. What shocks the reader in this section?
8. To the reader, what does it seem like the General has chosen?
9. Why does Miro decide to kill Kate?
10. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)