|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the General learn about Ben's school work?
(a) The General did not care about Ben's school work.
(b) Through private detailed reports for teachers and staff.
(c) He sat in on all of Ben's classes.
(d) He sat down with his son and asked him about it.
2. In his prime, what was the General considered?
(a) A very handsome man.
(b) Someone to look up to in the community.
(c) A strong determined man.
(d) An extremely intelligent man.
3. How long does Ben have to stay stationed?
(a) For a week.
(b) For a day.
(c) Until the negotiations were complete.
(d) Until his father came to get him.
4. Why are the other terrorists so mad at Miro?
(a) He let Kate charm him.
(b) He did not search Kate.
(c) He does not act excited about their cause.
(d) He is sloppy and careless,
5. How was the General involved in Ben's school?
(a) He did not help at all.
(b) He forced his wife to become a teacher.
(c) He donated a lot of money to Ben's school.
(d) He helped to design the school.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the terrorists react to this death?
2. Before the assault, how did Miro feel about the violence he was participating in?
3. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
4. What does Miro notice about Ben?
5. What mistake does Kate make?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Kate's rescue/escape attempt?
2. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
3. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
4. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
5. What did the General do to Ben to make sure, that he could always know what was happening with Ben?
6. Prior to Ben's death, what type of the man was the General?
7. How does Artkin die?
8. Why is Raymond forced to take more candy?
9. How is the book's ending ironic?
10. How does Kate start the bus?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)