|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
(a) To distract him so that she can make some escape plans.
(b) She thinks he is attractive.
(c) She wants him to see her as a human being.
(d) She sees an important person in him.
2. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
(a) A first date.
(b) A meeting with a dean.
(c) A test he must take.
(d) A visit from his mother and father.
3. Why is Ben excited and nervous to see his father?
(a) His father was very abusive. Ben is nervous.
(b) Is it the first time he has been able to see his father since the bus hijacking.
(c) His father has always been very important to him.
(d) His father will be bringing his mother who he has not seen for a while.
4. What is the driver now fighting for?
(a) The ability to see her fiance again.
(b) Her life and the life of all the children.
(c) Her right to protect herself.
(d) Her life.
5. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He wants to attack the terrorists.
(b) He is behaving really well.
(c) He is giving her courage.
(d) He has refused to eat the candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first time that Ben had ever heard of the Inner Delta?
2. What is Kate hopeful for?
3. If Sedeete does not hear the signal, what should Artkin do?
4. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
5. Why did the hijackers want money?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
2. What was the General in charge of while he worked at Forte Delta?
3. What does Kate discover about Miro?
4. What do the events of the novel show to the reader?
5. What does the reader immediately pick up on between Ben and his family?
6. What does Kate hope for when she hears the helicopters overhead?
7. When was the first time that Ben had learned about Inner Delta?
8. What is different about Miro and Ben?
9. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
10. How do the terrorists get all the children to fall asleep?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)