|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time should Artikin's action happen?
2. Because Miro has taken part in other terrorist cases, what does this prove about him?
(a) Terrorism is not a whim, but a way of live.
(b) He hopes that he could get out of the terrorism game.
(c) He wants to fit in with other terrorists.
(d) He has a soft side that is dying to come out.
3. If Sedeete does not hear the signal, what should Artkin do?
(a) Kill all the children.
(b) Kill one child at a time.
(c) Kill Kate.
(d) Torture the children.
4. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) An email account.
(d) A pen and paper.
5. How does Miro cover the bus' windows?
(a) Miro uses the children's homework pages.
(b) He uses newspaper.
(c) He uses paper to cover the windows.
(d) Miro uses tape to cover the windows of the bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Miro never seen?
2. What moves into the woods around the bus?
3. Why is Miro anxious about the hijacking?
4. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
5. Did Nettie seem to be in love with Ben?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader begin to understand about Miro as the events of the novel play out?
2. When Kate is using the bathroom, what does she find?
3. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
4. When Artkin summons Miro, what does he tell him about?
5. What was the General in charge of while he worked at Forte Delta?
6. Why is Miro excited for this day?
7. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
8. What is different about Miro and Ben?
9. According to Ben's father, what do the terrorists want?
10. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)