|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate wonder about in this section?
(a) Her job.
(b) Whether or not she can save the children.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her future.
2. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He wants to attack the terrorists.
(b) He is behaving really well.
(c) He has refused to eat the candy.
(d) He is giving her courage.
3. How has Miro grown up?
(a) In a terrorist cell.
(b) On the streets of NYC.
(c) With only his brother.
(d) With his mother in a small country.
4. How are the children forced to go to the bathroom?
(a) Outside of the bus.
(b) In a bathroom.
(c) In their seats.
(d) In a pail.
5. What is the dead child's name?
(a) Kevin McMann.
(b) Kevin Charles.
(c) Charles McMann.
(d) Charles McCain.
Short Answer Questions
1. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
2. Why does Miro think it is right for him to commit murder?
3. According to Artkin, what will promote their cause?
4. The hijackers give the children candy, but what is wrong with it?
5. What is a third thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the terrorists hope to gain from the negotiations?
2. Where do the terrorists take the children?
3. What does Kate discover about Miro?
4. Why did the author choose to pick the 1970s for the setting of the novel?
5. Where did Ben fall in love with Nettie Haversham?
6. What does the reader realize as the narration of the novel continues?
7. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
8. How do the terrorists get all the children to fall asleep?
9. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
10. What do the terrorists do with the child who has died?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)