|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
(a) A test he must take.
(b) A first date.
(c) A meeting with a dean.
(d) A visit from his mother and father.
2. What is Miro eager for?
(a) The chance to prove himself to others.
(b) He wishes to be treated as an equal to his terrorist leaders.
(c) To get to know a woman.
(d) He wants a chance to lead all of the terrorists.
3. Despite Kate's objections, what does Artkin give the children?
(a) Inappropriate books.
(b) Stale food.
(d) More candy.
4. What is the driver now fighting for?
(a) Her life and the life of all the children.
(b) The ability to see her fiance again.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her right to protect herself.
5. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A pen and paper.
(d) An email account.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate suffer from?
2. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
3. What has Raymond attempted to do to the hijackers?
4. When was the first time that Ben had ever heard of the Inner Delta?
5. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kate discover about Miro?
2. What happens to Kate's rescue/escape attempt?
3. What does the reader begin to understand about Miro as the events of the novel play out?
4. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
5. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
6. Why has Ben felt so much guilt over the past few years?
7. According to Ben's father, what do the terrorists want?
8. Prior to Ben's death, what type of the man was the General?
9. How do the terrorists get all the children to fall asleep?
10. Why did the author choose to pick the 1970s for the setting of the novel?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)