|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for these three teenagers' problems?
(b) Other children.
(d) The government.
2. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
(a) A test he must take.
(b) A meeting with a dean.
(c) A visit from his mother and father.
(d) A first date.
3. By talking to Miro, what does Kate realize?
(a) He has children.
(b) He is an innocent.
(c) He is a monster who is trapped in the innocence of never knowing another life.
(d) He is actually a nice man who has had a lot of mishaps through life.
4. What does Kate wonder about in this section?
(a) Her family.
(b) Her job.
(c) Whether or not she can save the children.
(d) Her future.
5. What is Kate hopeful for?
(a) She hopes she can connect with Miro.
(b) She hopes there will soon be a rescue.
(c) She hopes she will get to see her family again.
(d) She hopes she will die quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first time that Ben had ever heard of the Inner Delta?
2. How does Miro cover the bus' windows?
3. What has Raymond attempted to do to the hijackers?
4. The hijackers give the children candy, but what is wrong with it?
5. Why is Miro anxious about the hijacking?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader realize as the narration of the novel continues?
2. How do the terrorists get all the children to fall asleep?
3. Why is Miro excited about finally getting to participate with Artkin's plans?
4. What does the reader immediately pick up on between Ben and his family?
5. When Kate is using the bathroom, what does she find?
6. When was the first time that Ben had learned about Inner Delta?
7. What does Kate hope for when she hears the helicopters overhead?
8. What is different about Miro and Ben?
9. How do events begin to take a turn for the worse?
10. What does Kate discover about Miro?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)