|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miro think it is right for him to commit murder?
(a) He thinks killing feels good.
(b) In the name of freedom.
(c) He doesn't think, he just wants to kill.
(d) Because their cause is the only thing that matters.
2. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) A pen and paper.
(b) An email account.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) A cell phone.
3. What is the General's name when he is doing Inner Delta business?
4. In what time period is the novel set?
5. What does Kate remember about Miro?
(a) He has a soft side.
(b) He does not turn her in for going to the bathroom.
(c) He is very conservative.
(d) He has no interest in women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miro tell Kate about?
2. What does Kate gain by Raymond's deception?
3. Why is Miro anxious about the hijacking?
4. What was the name of Ben's home?
5. As Chapter 5 begins, what does Ben hope he can gain from his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the terrorists hope to gain from the negotiations?
2. What do the terrorists do with the child who has died?
3. Why does Kate get nervous about having the responsibility of saving the children that are on the bus?
4. When was the first time that Ben had learned about Inner Delta?
5. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
6. How do the terrorists get all the children to fall asleep?
7. What was the General in charge of while he worked at Forte Delta?
8. Why did the author choose to pick the 1970s for the setting of the novel?
9. What is different about Miro and Ben?
10. What does the reader realize as the narration of the novel continues?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)