|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
(a) Kate is beaten because she won't be quiet.
(b) Artkin tries to beat one of the children.
(c) Miro gets in trouble for talking to Kate.
(d) One of the children dies from the drugs in the candy.
2. What is Miro eager for?
(a) The chance to prove himself to others.
(b) He wants a chance to lead all of the terrorists.
(c) He wishes to be treated as an equal to his terrorist leaders.
(d) To get to know a woman.
3. What does Miro think of Artkin's plan?
(a) He thinks that Artkin is very intelligent and the plan is good.
(b) He hopes he will be able to help carry the plan out.
(c) He thinks parts of the plan could be improved.
(d) He is worried the plan has not been fully thought out.
4. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
(a) He is wishing he was not a part of this plan.
(b) He is living through the actual day of the hijacking.
(c) He is fighting the realization that his brother is dead.
(d) He has decided to kill himself.
5. What does Miro tell Kate about?
(a) The memories he has of his mother.
(b) His missing father.
(c) He tells her about his childhood.
(d) About his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben realize as he types his story?
2. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
3. Where did Ben grow up?
4. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
5. Why did the hijackers want money?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Miro excited about finally getting to participate with Artkin's plans?
2. What is Ben very eager to do?
3. When was the first time that Ben had learned about Inner Delta?
4. How do events begin to take a turn for the worse?
5. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
6. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
7. Why does Kate get nervous about having the responsibility of saving the children that are on the bus?
8. What is different about Miro and Ben?
9. Where did Ben fall in love with Nettie Haversham?
10. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)