|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was Miro expected to die?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 10 years old.
(c) 18 years old.
(d) 20 years old.
2. To Ben, the day of the hijacking begins as __________________.
(a) A horrible day.
(b) An awesome day.
(c) A normal day.
(d) An exciting day.
3. Who is responsible for these three teenagers' problems?
(a) Other children.
(c) The government.
4. How many times will Sedeete send his signal between now and nine am?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
(c) One time.
(d) Two times.
5. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) A pen and paper.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) An email account.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the hijackers want money?
2. Why does Miro think it is right for him to commit murder?
3. Why is Miro anxious about the hijacking?
4. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
5. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of life did Ben lead while he was growing up?
2. What was the General in charge of while he worked at Forte Delta?
3. When Ben's father arrives at Ben's dorm, what do the two men do?
4. What does Kate discover about Miro?
5. Why does Kate get nervous about having the responsibility of saving the children that are on the bus?
6. What does the reader immediately pick up on between Ben and his family?
7. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
8. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
9. What do the terrorists do with the child who has died?
10. Why did the author choose to pick the 1970s for the setting of the novel?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)