|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ben assume that love happened?
(a) The exact way that Ben's mother and father fell in love.
(b) One person chases after the other.
(c) It happens between two people and goes both ways.
(d) Only between adults.
2. Despite Kate's objections, what does Artkin give the children?
(a) More candy.
(c) Inappropriate books.
(d) Stale food.
3. If all the terrorists die, what do they think will happen to their cause?
(a) None of them want to die.
(b) If they die they will look weak.
(c) They hope to appear stronger.
(d) They will prove their point and it will make their cause stronger.
4. What has Raymond attempted to do to the hijackers?
(a) Foil their plan and pretend he is asleep.
(b) Attack one of the hijackers.
(c) Kick one of the terrorists.
(d) Help Kate take over the weapons.
5. What is a second thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) Money that will help continue their fight for freedom.
(b) The re-establishment of their ruler.
(c) Their own country to rule.
(d) They want weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
2. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
3. The hijackers give the children candy, but what is wrong with it?
4. What does Miro tell Kate about?
5. What else does Miro tell Kate about concerning his home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do events begin to take a turn for the worse?
2. When Kate is using the bathroom, what does she find?
3. What do the terrorists do with the child who has died?
4. Why does Kate get nervous about having the responsibility of saving the children that are on the bus?
5. What does the reader immediately pick up on between Ben and his family?
6. Where did Ben fall in love with Nettie Haversham?
7. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
8. When Ben's father arrives at Ben's dorm, what do the two men do?
9. When was the first time that Ben had learned about Inner Delta?
10. Why is Miro excited about finally getting to participate with Artkin's plans?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)