|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. If Sedeete does not hear the signal, what should Artkin do?
(a) Torture the children.
(b) Kill one child at a time.
(c) Kill all the children.
(d) Kill Kate.
2. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
(a) North America.
3. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
(a) He is wishing he was not a part of this plan.
(b) He is fighting the realization that his brother is dead.
(c) He has decided to kill himself.
(d) He is living through the actual day of the hijacking.
4. To what group does his father belong?
(a) Inner Delta.
(d) Black Ops.
5. What does Miro tell Kate about?
(a) The memories he has of his mother.
(b) His missing father.
(c) He tells her about his childhood.
(d) About his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Miro grown up?
2. What has Miro successfully completed?
3. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
4. What does Kate hope she can do to save the day?
5. When was the first time that Ben had ever heard of the Inner Delta?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Miro and Ben?
2. What do the terrorists do with the child who has died?
3. What is Ben very eager to do?
4. How do events begin to take a turn for the worse?
5. What does the reader begin to understand about Miro as the events of the novel play out?
6. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
7. What does Kate hope for when she hears the helicopters overhead?
8. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
9. What does Kate discover about Miro?
10. What do the terrorists hope to gain from the negotiations?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)