Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the bus taken?
(a) To an abandoned air field.
(b) To the outside of the school.
(c) To an abandoned farmhouse.
(d) To an abandoned railroad.
2. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
(a) His looks.
(b) His plan making ability.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His ability to communicate with others.
3. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
(a) Finding a place for him to fit in.
(b) A longing for love.
(c) Wanting to be accepted by everyone.
(d) Guilt about something.
4. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
(a) She thinks he is attractive.
(b) She wants him to see her as a human being.
(c) To distract him so that she can make some escape plans.
(d) She sees an important person in him.
5. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) A pen and paper.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) An email account.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time should Artikin's action happen?
2. What is Ben very eager to find?
3. At what age was Miro expected to die?
4. What is the dead child's name?
5. What is the bus driver's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Artkin die?
2. Why are the deaths horribly tragic in the book?
3. When Kate is using the bathroom, what does she find?
4. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
5. What does Kate underestimate about Miro?
6. What explains Ben's need for forgiveness from his father.
7. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
8. Why does Artkin kill Raymond?
9. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
10. When the assault happens, what does Miro do?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)