|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To Ben, the day of the hijacking begins as __________________.
(a) A horrible day.
(b) An awesome day.
(c) A normal day.
(d) An exciting day.
2. How are the two characters' days contrasting with one another?
(a) Ben is living the normal American life, while Miro is fighting for his country's freedom.
(b) Miro longs to lead others, while Ben wishes to follow.
(c) Ben rushes between classes at school while Miro rushes to help Artkin kill others.
(d) Ben is fighting for the love of a girl, Miro is fighting for respect.
3. What is the dead child's name?
(a) Kevin McMann.
(b) Charles McMann.
(c) Kevin Charles.
(d) Charles McCain.
4. Why does Kate feel angry that she is on the bus?
(a) She thinks she is too young to die.
(b) She was supposed to go to the beach today.
(c) She thinks the hijackers have some nerve taking over the bus.
(d) She normally does not drive this bus route.
5. What has Miro never seen?
(a) His mother.
(b) This American city.
(c) His father.
(d) His homeland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
2. What does Ben seem to be contemplating?
3. What else does Miro tell Kate about concerning his home?
4. What is the driver now fighting for?
5. What does Ben realize as he types his story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader begin to understand about Miro as the events of the novel play out?
2. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
3. When Ben's father arrives at Ben's dorm, what do the two men do?
4. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
5. What does Kate hope for when she hears the helicopters overhead?
6. Why is Miro excited about finally getting to participate with Artkin's plans?
7. What does the reader immediately pick up on between Ben and his family?
8. What is different about Miro and Ben?
9. When Kate is using the bathroom, what does she find?
10. What was the General in charge of while he worked at Forte Delta?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)