|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excites Miro although his brother is already dead?
(a) Being the leader of this terrorist cell.
(b) Going to his brother's grave.
(c) Working with Artkin.
(d) Taking his first kill.
2. What does Kate find in her wallet?
(a) She discovers an extra bus key.
(b) She finds a picture of her family.
(c) A gift from her father, it makes her sentimental.
(d) Her ID.
3. Where did Ben grow up?
(a) In NYC.
(b) With his Aunt Kelly.
(c) With his mother in the country.
(d) On a military base.
4. What was the name of Ben's home?
(a) Briars Point.
(b) Saviors Field.
(c) Hermosa Beach.
(d) Fort Delta.
5. What does Miro tell Kate about?
(a) He tells her about his childhood.
(b) About his brother.
(c) The memories he has of his mother.
(d) His missing father.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Seventies, what was a common occurrence in America?
2. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
3. At what time should Artikin's action happen?
4. What does Miro and Artkin's relationship resemble?
5. At what age was Miro expected to die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kate get nervous about having the responsibility of saving the children that are on the bus?
2. Where do the terrorists take the children?
3. When was the first time that Ben had learned about Inner Delta?
4. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
5. What does the reader begin to understand about Miro as the events of the novel play out?
6. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
7. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
8. Why did the author choose to pick the 1970s for the setting of the novel?
9. When Artkin summons Miro, what does he tell him about?
10. What type of life did Ben lead while he was growing up?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)