|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
(a) Artkin tries to beat one of the children.
(b) Kate is beaten because she won't be quiet.
(c) Miro gets in trouble for talking to Kate.
(d) One of the children dies from the drugs in the candy.
2. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
(a) He is fighting the realization that his brother is dead.
(b) He has decided to kill himself.
(c) He is living through the actual day of the hijacking.
(d) He is wishing he was not a part of this plan.
3. What moves into the woods around the bus?
(b) Bomb experts.
(c) Scary animals.
4. When will they hijack the bus?
(a) From the bus parking garage.
(b) After the final child as been picked up.
(c) From the school yard.
(d) After they have thrown the driver out of the bus.
5. To what group does his father belong?
(a) Black Ops.
(d) Inner Delta.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
2. What is Miro eager for?
3. By talking to Miro, what does Kate realize?
4. Early in the morning what does Miro wait for?
5. What does Miro and Artkin's relationship resemble?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who has taken over the narration of the novel in this section?
2. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
3. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
4. Why did the author choose to pick the 1970s for the setting of the novel?
5. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
6. What is shocking about the end of the novel?
7. What was the General in charge of while he worked at Forte Delta?
8. How does Miro get away from the ambush?
9. What is Ben very eager to do?
10. Why isn't Kate killed during or after her escape attempt?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)