|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of Ben's home?
(a) Fort Delta.
(b) Briars Point.
(c) Saviors Field.
(d) Hermosa Beach.
2. What does Ben realize as he types his story?
(a) He hopes that Nettie will go on a date with him.
(b) He is dreading his father's visit.
(c) He is hoping he can fix the relationship with his mother.
(d) He wishes that he had more direction in his life.
3. Why is Miro anxious about the hijacking?
(a) He wants everything to go according to plan.
(b) He is questioning the hostage situation.
(c) He wishes he knew more about the plan.
(d) He wants to look good in front of his boss.
4. Why is Ben excited and nervous to see his father?
(a) His father was very abusive. Ben is nervous.
(b) His father has always been very important to him.
(c) His father will be bringing his mother who he has not seen for a while.
(d) Is it the first time he has been able to see his father since the bus hijacking.
5. Why is Miro surprised when he meets the driver?
(a) The female driver pays him respect.
(b) The driver gives him a lot of attitude.
(c) The driver is his age.
(d) Because she is a female no younger than himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Miro's life, who has died?
2. Where does Kate put this object?
3. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
4. Why do they decide not to immediately kill the bus driver?
5. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the events of the novel show to the reader?
2. How do the terrorists get all the children to fall asleep?
3. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
4. Why is Miro excited about finally getting to participate with Artkin's plans?
5. When Ben's father arrives at Ben's dorm, what do the two men do?
6. Why does Kate get nervous about having the responsibility of saving the children that are on the bus?
7. What does the reader realize as the narration of the novel continues?
8. How do events begin to take a turn for the worse?
9. When Artkin summons Miro, what does he tell him about?
10. Where do the terrorists take the children?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)