|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate find in her wallet?
(a) Her ID.
(b) She discovers an extra bus key.
(c) She finds a picture of her family.
(d) A gift from her father, it makes her sentimental.
2. What has Miro successfully completed?
(a) His acceptance into a Middle Eastern training camp.
(b) His board exams.
(c) His high school GED.
(d) All of the tests assigned to him by Artkin.
3. Despite Kate's objections, what does Artkin give the children?
(a) Stale food.
(b) Inappropriate books.
(c) More candy.
4. What does Miro tell Kate about?
(a) The memories he has of his mother.
(b) About his brother.
(c) He tells her about his childhood.
(d) His missing father.
5. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
(a) At the YMCA outside of Hallowell.
(b) At the movie theatre.
(c) The summer of the hijacking at the pool.
(d) When his mother introduced him to a young woman she works with.
Short Answer Questions
1. If all the terrorists die, what do they think will happen to their cause?
2. What does Kate hope she can do to save the day?
3. How did Ben assume that love happened?
4. Why does Kate feel angry that she is on the bus?
5. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is different about Miro and Ben?
2. Why did the author choose to pick the 1970s for the setting of the novel?
3. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
4. What does the reader begin to understand about Miro as the events of the novel play out?
5. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
6. Why is Miro excited about finally getting to participate with Artkin's plans?
7. Where do the terrorists take the children?
8. What is Ben very eager to do?
9. Why does Kate get nervous about having the responsibility of saving the children that are on the bus?
10. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)