|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Artkin promised to treat Miro as?
(a) His son.
(b) A friend.
(c) An equal.
(d) An adult.
2. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
(a) Artkin tries to beat one of the children.
(b) Miro gets in trouble for talking to Kate.
(c) One of the children dies from the drugs in the candy.
(d) Kate is beaten because she won't be quiet.
3. What has Miro never seen?
(b) His brother.
(c) His homeland.
(d) A woman's leg.
4. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
(a) A test he must take.
(b) A visit from his mother and father.
(c) A first date.
(d) A meeting with a dean.
5. In what time period is the novel set?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for these three teenagers' problems?
2. What was the name of Ben's home?
3. How did Ben assume that love happened?
4. Where does Kate put this object?
5. Why do the terrorists take the dead child outside?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the terrorists get all the children to fall asleep?
2. What does the reader begin to understand about Miro as the events of the novel play out?
3. When Ben's father arrives at Ben's dorm, what do the two men do?
4. Why did the author choose to pick the 1970s for the setting of the novel?
5. How do events begin to take a turn for the worse?
6. What is Ben very eager to do?
7. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
8. When Kate is using the bathroom, what does she find?
9. When Kate asks to take all of the children to the bathroom, what is she given instead?
10. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)