|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
(a) The leader is coming to talk to him.
(b) The leader has finally found them.
(c) Artkin will start killing his hostages.
(d) The ambush on the terrorist camp.
2. What has Artkin promised to treat Miro as?
(a) His son.
(b) An adult.
(c) A friend.
(d) An equal.
3. If Sedeete does not hear the signal, what should Artkin do?
(a) Torture the children.
(b) Kill Kate.
(c) Kill all the children.
(d) Kill one child at a time.
4. How does Miro cover the bus' windows?
(a) Miro uses tape to cover the windows of the bus.
(b) He uses newspaper.
(c) Miro uses the children's homework pages.
(d) He uses paper to cover the windows.
5. What else does Miro tell Kate about concerning his home?
(a) He will do anything to return to his homeland.
(b) He hates his home.
(c) He misses the people from his home.
(d) He is enjoying America and might not want to go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the bus taken?
2. What has Miro successfully completed?
3. What is a second thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
4. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
5. What is one thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Miro excited for this day?
2. How do the terrorists get all the children to fall asleep?
3. What do the terrorists do with the child who has died?
4. Why did the author choose to pick the 1970s for the setting of the novel?
5. What does the reader realize as the narration of the novel continues?
6. What do the events of the novel show to the reader?
7. When Ben's father arrives at Ben's dorm, what do the two men do?
8. According to Ben's father, what do the terrorists want?
9. What is Ben very eager to do?
10. What does the reader begin to understand about Miro as the events of the novel play out?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)