|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
(a) To distract him so that she can make some escape plans.
(b) She wants him to see her as a human being.
(c) She sees an important person in him.
(d) She thinks he is attractive.
2. What does Kate hope she can do to save the day?
(a) She hopes to distract Miro and make an escape with Ray.
(b) She hopes that she can drive the bus off the bridge.
(c) She wants to make a run for it.
(d) She will try to steal a gun and kill the terrorists.
3. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
(b) North America.
4. What is Kate hopeful for?
(a) She hopes she will get to see her family again.
(b) She hopes she can connect with Miro.
(c) She hopes she will die quickly.
(d) She hopes there will soon be a rescue.
5. What did the hijackers want to do with Inner Delta?
(a) They want to kill all of the members.
(b) They hope to have the poilcies the govern the group changed.
(c) They want to be a part of the group.
(d) They wanted to expose the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate remember about Miro?
2. What is a third thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
3. Where is the bus taken?
4. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
5. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben's involvement with the terrorists?
2. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
3. As Part 3 begins, what is Ben hoping happens?
4. What does the reader immediately pick up on between Ben and his family?
5. Why does Miro decide to kill Kate?
6. Why is Miro excited about finally getting to participate with Artkin's plans?
7. According to Ben's father, what do the terrorists want?
8. What does the reader discover about the General in this section?
9. To the reader, what does it seem like the General has chosen?
10. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)