|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
(a) Trucks crushing rocks.
(b) Rustling in the forest.
(c) Planes flying overhead.
(d) The sounds of a helicopter.
2. Where did Ben grow up?
(a) On a military base.
(b) With his Aunt Kelly.
(c) With his mother in the country.
(d) In NYC.
3. How do the terrorists dispose of the dead body?
(a) They lower the body over the side of the bridge.
(b) They dump it in the river.
(c) They burn it.
(d) They tie it up.
4. When was the first time that Ben had ever heard of the Inner Delta?
(a) The morning of the hijacking.
(b) He overheard his father's conversation on the phone.
(c) After school on a nice fall day.
(d) When he was about 20 years old.
5. Because Miro has taken part in other terrorist cases, what does this prove about him?
(a) He wants to fit in with other terrorists.
(b) He has a soft side that is dying to come out.
(c) He hopes that he could get out of the terrorism game.
(d) Terrorism is not a whim, but a way of live.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate remember about Miro?
2. How did Ben assume that love happened?
3. In this section, what does the reader begin to understand about Ben's story?
4. How are the two characters' days contrasting with one another?
5. What does Kate hope she can do to save the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the events of the novel show to the reader?
2. Why doesn't Raymond fall asleep?
3. What happens to Kate's rescue/escape attempt?
4. How do events begin to take a turn for the worse?
5. What do the terrorists hope to gain from the negotiations?
6. What does the General remember about the day of the hijacking?
7. What did the General do to Ben to make sure, that he could always know what was happening with Ben?
8. When was the first time that Ben had learned about Inner Delta?
9. What does Miro think about as Artkin tortures Ben?
10. What does Kate hope for when she hears the helicopters overhead?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)