|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ben excited and nervous to see his father?
(a) Is it the first time he has been able to see his father since the bus hijacking.
(b) His father has always been very important to him.
(c) His father will be bringing his mother who he has not seen for a while.
(d) His father was very abusive. Ben is nervous.
2. What has Miro never seen?
(a) His homeland.
(b) His mother.
(c) His father.
(d) This American city.
3. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
(a) Artkin tries to beat one of the children.
(b) Miro gets in trouble for talking to Kate.
(c) One of the children dies from the drugs in the candy.
(d) Kate is beaten because she won't be quiet.
4. What does Miro think of Artkin's plan?
(a) He hopes he will be able to help carry the plan out.
(b) He is worried the plan has not been fully thought out.
(c) He thinks parts of the plan could be improved.
(d) He thinks that Artkin is very intelligent and the plan is good.
5. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
(a) Rustling in the forest.
(b) Planes flying overhead.
(c) Trucks crushing rocks.
(d) The sounds of a helicopter.
Short Answer Questions
1. The hijackers give the children candy, but what is wrong with it?
2. What does Ben realize as he types his story?
3. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
4. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
5. What does Miro tell Kate about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ben remember about the morning of the hijacking?
2. How do events begin to take a turn for the worse?
3. What was the General in charge of while he worked at Forte Delta?
4. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
5. What do the terrorists hope to gain from the negotiations?
6. Why did the author choose to pick the 1970s for the setting of the novel?
7. What does the reader immediately pick up on between Ben and his family?
8. What does the reader realize as the narration of the novel continues?
9. What do the events of the novel show to the reader?
10. When Ben's father arrives at Ben's dorm, what do the two men do?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)