|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Artkin die?
(a) He is captured and executed.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is run over by a truck.
(d) Artkin is shot by soldiers who are in the helicopter.
2. How does Kate use her sexuality in the book?
(a) She uses it to make Miro uncomfortable and confused.
(b) She uses it to persuade Artkin into following her directions.
(c) She does not use her sexuality.
(d) She is unsuccessful in seducing Miro.
3. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
(a) Because he lost his job for sending Ben into the field.
(b) Because he sent his son into a battleground.
(c) Because he misses his wife.
(d) He loves his son too much to loose him.
4. What does the General know about Ben?
(a) He knew Ben would make him proud.
(b) He knew Ben would be tortured.
(c) That Ben would do anything for him.
(d) Ben would be a coward.
5. The day of the hijacking, where does the General search for his son?
(a) At Ben's school.
(b) In the library.
(c) At Ben's baseball game.
(d) At the pool.
6. How does the reader sense that Artkin's and Miro's relationship is different?
(a) There seems to be some affection between the two.
(b) Artkin chooses Miro over the others whenever possible.
(c) Miro sees that Artkin now hates him.
(d) Artkin is angry with Miro and showing it.
7. How does Miro finally escape?
(a) He catches a boat to another country.
(b) By stealing the bus and rushing off.
(c) By stealing a car.
(d) He steals a cop car.
8. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben?
(a) Whether or not Ben is the messenger to Artkin.
(b) Whether or not Ben will attempt to overthrow the terrorists.
(c) Maybe Ben will have some secret training to deal with this situation.
(d) If Ben will make it out alive.
9. What prompted the General to tell Ben the truth?
(a) Ben's prooding.
(b) Ben finds confidential papers and confronts his father.
(c) The General's wife forces him to tell Ben the truth.
(d) Ben's guilt.
10. Because the van was wire tapped, what was the General forced to listen to?
(a) His son giving him up.
(b) His son being tortured.
(c) The screams of children.
(d) The terrorists demands.
11. Does the reader ever really learn about Ben's mother?
(a) No, because she is dead.
(c) Yes, Ben mentions her briefly.
(d) Yes, but only through the General's eyes.
12. What causes the General to break down?
(a) Ben's refusal to forgive him.
(b) His wife deciding to leave him.
(c) Ben's anger towards him.
(d) His own guilt and Ben's death.
13. Once Kate finally starts the bus, what happens?
(a) The children wake up.
(b) She starts to drive it away.
(c) She has problems turning it on.
(d) The terrorists do not notice.
14. Why did the General use Ben to go into the hijacking situation?
(a) Ben wanted to be used.
(b) He wanted to look good to his superiors.
(c) He hated his son.
(d) He needed to mislead the hijackers.
15. After Ben recovered from his wounds, what happened to him?
(a) He decides he no longer wants to take a backseat in life.
(b) He chooses to go stay with his grandparents.
(c) He decided to commit suicide.
(d) He chooses to travel abroad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
2. Where is Miro when the assault begins?
3. What does Kate underestimate?
4. What does Miro reveal himself to be?
5. What does the leader learn about Ben?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)