|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
(a) They are all the only child in their families.
(b) They are all boys.
(c) They are all very smart.
(d) They are all left handed.
2. What does Kate realize about Artkin and Miro's relationship?
(a) Artkin is Miro's father.
(b) They must be related.
(c) Artkin and Miro are brothers.
(d) Artkin is Miro's best friend.
3. After Ben recovered from his wounds, what happened to him?
(a) He chooses to go stay with his grandparents.
(b) He decided to commit suicide.
(c) He chooses to travel abroad.
(d) He decides he no longer wants to take a backseat in life.
4. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
(a) Yes. The author describes Kate's funeral.
(b) Yes. Kate's life is explored in a different section of the novel.
(c) No, the reader never knows what Kate's family thinks.
(d) No. Kate is never avenged.
5. What prompted the General to tell Ben the truth?
(a) Ben finds confidential papers and confronts his father.
(b) The General's wife forces him to tell Ben the truth.
(c) Ben's guilt.
(d) Ben's prooding.
6. As Part 7 begins, what does the reader notice has changed?
(a) Ben has completely left the novel.
(b) Kate has become more frantic.
(c) Kate is now the narrator.
(d) Ben is no longer the narrator.
7. What is the name Ben's father uses in relation to Inner Delta missions?
8. What is Miro's character perceived to be?
(a) A liar and cheater.
(b) A young boy who is blinded by his will to be loyal to Artkin and the cause.
(c) A tormented young person.
(d) A young man with serious mental issues.
9. How does Miro feel about this realization?
(a) He is glad because he never liked him anyway.
(b) Miro feels upset that Artkin lied to him about being his father.
(c) He is sad he did not get to know his father.
(d) He feels that Kate is lying to him and becomes angry.
10. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
(a) The attackers are not sure when they should attack the terrorists.
(b) All the hostages are found dead.
(c) The hijackers are assaulted sooner than expected.
(d) Bombs go off.
11. How does Artkin die?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is captured and executed.
(c) He is run over by a truck.
(d) Artkin is shot by soldiers who are in the helicopter.
12. What has the military not figured out about capturing the terrorist leader?
(a) The stand off will not be over.
(b) The terrorists will carry on even if their leader is dead.
(c) The terrorists will now kill all of the children.
(d) The leader is not the heart of the movement.
13. Are many children saved as a result of the assault?
(a) Raymond is the only child who is saved.
(b) Raymond is the only child to die.
(c) Yes, almost all of the children are saved.
(d) No, many of the children were killed.
14. What is ironic about Miro's escape?
(a) Miro is injured as he escapes.
(b) Miro is captured by the US government after he escapes.
(c) Miro never escapes.
(d) The person who caused all the devastation, goes unharmed.
15. Why does Kate finally encourage Raymond to eat the candy?
(a) Because she wants him to get some rest.
(b) Raymond needs food, so he has to eat the candy.
(c) She does not wish for Raymond to get hurt by the terrorists.
(d) Because the terrorists realize he is more lucid than other children.
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Miro now act around Kate?
2. The day of the hijacking, where does the General search for his son?
3. Why is this object important?
4. What does Kate underestimate?
5. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)