|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is finally revealed by the end of this section?
(a) Ben's involvement with Inner Delta.
(b) Ben's love for Nettie.
(c) Ben's choice to run away from his father.
(d) Ben's hate for his father.
2. What is Artkin's character perceived to be?
(a) A terrorist with a warm personality.
(b) A warm father figure.
(c) An evil terrorist.
(d) A cold-blooded killer.
3. Why did the General use Ben to go into the hijacking situation?
(a) Ben wanted to be used.
(b) He hated his son.
(c) He needed to mislead the hijackers.
(d) He wanted to look good to his superiors.
4. While everything happens, what happens to the helicopter?
(a) It explodes from a bomb.
(b) It crashes into the van.
(c) It crashes into the river.
(d) It keeps flying away.
5. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
(a) No. Kate is never avenged.
(b) Yes. Kate's life is explored in a different section of the novel.
(c) No, the reader never knows what Kate's family thinks.
(d) Yes. The author describes Kate's funeral.
6. Why does Miro kill Kate?
(a) Because Kate disrespects him.
(b) Because he thought she lied to distract him.
(c) Kate asks for her death.
(d) Because he was attacted to her.
7. What were Washington's orders for the General on the morning of the hijacking?
(a) To send the General into see the hostages.
(b) To leave Ben out of the hijacking situations.
(c) To send Ben as the messenger.
(d) To bomb the entire hostage camp.
8. How do the terrorists react to this death?
(a) They kill Miro.
(b) They kill Ben.
(c) They kill Kate.
(d) They kill Raymond.
9. What chapters is the General now narrating?
(a) The odd chapters.
(b) All chapters.
(c) He is not.
(d) Even chapters.
10. Why are the other terrorists so mad at Miro?
(a) He does not act excited about their cause.
(b) He did not search Kate.
(c) He let Kate charm him.
(d) He is sloppy and careless,
11. What did the General do to Ben's phone?
(a) Forced Ben to make calls on the house phone.
(b) Tapped and listened to all his phone calls.
(c) Did not allow Ben to have a phone.
(d) Destroyed it after Ben was disrespectful.
12. When Ben dies, what does he see himself as?
(a) No longer the General's son.
(b) A miserable person.
(c) A coward.
(d) Unhappy and weak.
13. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
(a) They are all boys.
(b) They are all the only child in their families.
(c) They are all very smart.
(d) They are all left handed.
14. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
(a) So many young children were involved in the hostage situation.
(b) Terrorisim is terrible.
(c) The whole situation is terrible.
(d) The death of two young people.
15. How had the General learned almost everything he knew about Ben?
(a) He has been spying on Ben.
(b) He asked his wife about their son.
(c) He had deep conversations with his father.
(d) He would speak with teachers to learn about his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
2. What does he hope to do now that the mission is over?
3. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
4. What prompted the General to tell Ben the truth?
5. Where does Miro decide to take Kate?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)