|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the other terrorists so mad at Miro?
(a) He is sloppy and careless,
(b) He let Kate charm him.
(c) He does not act excited about their cause.
(d) He did not search Kate.
2. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
(a) They hope Kate will take care of them.
(b) They like Kate.
(c) They think Kate will be more valuable alive.
(d) They do not wish to kill Kate because she takes care of the children.
3. What does Kate finally decide to do with the children?
(a) Tell them a story.
(c) Play them some music.
(d) Force them to stay quiet.
4. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
(a) They are jumbled together.
(b) Easy to follow and concise.
(c) They are very clear.
5. What causes the General to break down?
(a) Ben's anger towards him.
(b) His own guilt and Ben's death.
(c) Ben's refusal to forgive him.
(d) His wife deciding to leave him.
6. What is the name Ben's father uses in relation to Inner Delta missions?
7. What mistake does Kate make?
(a) She chooses to sleep with Miro.
(b) She should have only looked out for herself.
(c) She tries to connect too closely with Miro.
(d) She underestimates how guilty Miro feels about Artkin's death.
8. What is finally revealed by the end of this section?
(a) Ben's hate for his father.
(b) Ben's choice to run away from his father.
(c) Ben's love for Nettie.
(d) Ben's involvement with Inner Delta.
9. What does the leader learn about Ben?
(a) He has moved on with his life.
(b) He is going to college.
(c) Ben has hoped he and his father could soon become close.
(d) He has been filled with guilt over giving up information about the
10. What is Miro doing before Kate tries to take off?
(a) Getting air outside of the bus.
(b) Speaking with Artkin.
(c) Learn to drive the bus.
(d) Goes to the bathroom.
11. What has the military not figured out about capturing the terrorist leader?
(a) The stand off will not be over.
(b) The leader is not the heart of the movement.
(c) The terrorists will carry on even if their leader is dead.
(d) The terrorists will now kill all of the children.
12. What is ironic about Miro's escape?
(a) Miro never escapes.
(b) Miro is injured as he escapes.
(c) The person who caused all the devastation, goes unharmed.
(d) Miro is captured by the US government after he escapes.
13. Does Miro accept Kate's apology?
(a) No, because she seems to be sad.
(b) Yes, because he wants to be with her.
(c) He seems to accept it because he talks to her again.
(d) No, he understands that she is just using him to get free.
14. How does Artkin learn about the assault on the terrorists?
(a) From phone taps.
(b) They are told by their US contacts.
(c) Ben gives in after being tortured and tells the terrorists when to expect the assault.
(d) They learn from their spy sources.
15. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
(a) Because he lost his job for sending Ben into the field.
(b) He loves his son too much to loose him.
(c) Because he sent his son into a battleground.
(d) Because he misses his wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. The General's choice to use his son was ________.
2. The day of the hijacking, where does the General search for his son?
3. What main theme is seen in this section?
4. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
5. What does he hope to do now that the mission is over?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)