|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Miro accept Kate's apology?
(a) He seems to accept it because he talks to her again.
(b) No, because she seems to be sad.
(c) No, he understands that she is just using him to get free.
(d) Yes, because he wants to be with her.
2. Why is this object important?
(a) The object is worth a lot of money.
(b) It was unique.
(c) It is very important because it serves as a momento.
(d) Actually, the object is not important, the messenger is.
3. Where does Miro put Kate's body?
(a) In a river.
(b) In the school bus.
(c) He buries it in a cemetery.
(d) He leaves it in the woods.
4. Why does Kate finally encourage Raymond to eat the candy?
(a) She does not wish for Raymond to get hurt by the terrorists.
(b) Raymond needs food, so he has to eat the candy.
(c) Because she wants him to get some rest.
(d) Because the terrorists realize he is more lucid than other children.
5. How does Miro feel about this realization?
(a) He feels that Kate is lying to him and becomes angry.
(b) He is sad he did not get to know his father.
(c) Miro feels upset that Artkin lied to him about being his father.
(d) He is glad because he never liked him anyway.
6. During the hijacking, what does Miro struggle with?
(a) Wanting to get to know Kate better, but being unable to do so.
(b) His inability to kill children, but wanting to fit in.
(c) His age. He feels so much younger than the other members of the team.
(d) Artkin's refusal to notice Miro.
7. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben?
(a) Whether or not Ben will attempt to overthrow the terrorists.
(b) Whether or not Ben is the messenger to Artkin.
(c) If Ben will make it out alive.
(d) Maybe Ben will have some secret training to deal with this situation.
8. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
(a) Before dawn.
(b) When Miro goes outside for air.
(c) After nightfall.
(d) When Miro decides to go to the bathroom.
9. What does the leader learn about Ben?
(a) He has been filled with guilt over giving up information about the
(b) He is going to college.
(c) Ben has hoped he and his father could soon become close.
(d) He has moved on with his life.
10. When Ben dies, what does he see himself as?
(a) A miserable person.
(b) No longer the General's son.
(c) A coward.
(d) Unhappy and weak.
11. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
(a) So many young children were involved in the hostage situation.
(b) Terrorisim is terrible.
(c) The whole situation is terrible.
(d) The death of two young people.
12. Where does he hide her?
(a) In the ground.
(b) In a nestlike enclosure.
(c) In a boat on the river.
(d) In a cave.
13. What did the General know that Ben would do if he was captured?
(a) He knew that Ben would spill information.
(b) The General would be incredibly mad.
(c) He would create problems for
(d) He knew that Ben would make a mistake.
14. What does Miro feel over Artkin?
(a) He feels regret and anger over Artkin's death.
(b) Guilty that he used Artkin.
(c) He thinks that Artkin was a great big brother figure.
(d) He is happy Artkin is dead.
15. Are many children saved as a result of the assault?
(a) Yes, almost all of the children are saved.
(b) No, many of the children were killed.
(c) Raymond is the only child to die.
(d) Raymond is the only child who is saved.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kate allowed to live?
2. Where is Miro when the assault begins?
3. What does Miro reveal himself to be?
4. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
5. Besides just knowing about his son's behavior, what has the General also learned about his son?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)