|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Artkin's character perceived to be?
(a) A warm father figure.
(b) A terrorist with a warm personality.
(c) An evil terrorist.
(d) A cold-blooded killer.
2. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
(a) Miro will turn on the other terrorists.
(b) She thinks he will spare her life.
(c) She thinks that Miro will help her free the other children.
(d) Miro will let Ben go.
3. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
(a) The bus stalls and they capture her.
(b) The bus falls into a ditch.
(c) The terrorists are taking aim at the bus as it stalls.
(d) They begin running after the bus.
4. Who does Artkin shoot as he falls down?
5. Why does Miro kill Kate?
(a) Kate asks for her death.
(b) Because he was attacted to her.
(c) Because Kate disrespects him.
(d) Because he thought she lied to distract him.
6. Why is Kate allowed to live?
(a) She can help with the kids.
(b) She is easy on the eyes.
(c) Artkin is attracted to her.
(d) Miro is attracted to her.
7. What does Miro notice about Ben?
(a) He is a smart looking young man.
(b) Ben is weak and unstable.
(c) He and Ben look a lot a like.
(d) He must be the same age as Ben.
8. What does the leader learn about Ben?
(a) Ben has hoped he and his father could soon become close.
(b) He has moved on with his life.
(c) He is going to college.
(d) He has been filled with guilt over giving up information about the
9. The day of the hijacking, where does the General search for his son?
(a) At Ben's baseball game.
(b) At the pool.
(c) At Ben's school.
(d) In the library.
10. Why is Raymond's death so sad?
(a) Another innocent was killed.
(b) Raymond did not die.
(c) Kate was forced to kill Raymond.
(d) He came to his parents later in life.
11. What does the reader learn about the General?
(a) The General is ruthless.
(b) The General loves his family very much.
(c) He chooses the country over his own son.
(d) He wishes he never had a son.
12. What did the General know that Ben would do if he was captured?
(a) He knew that Ben would make a mistake.
(b) The General would be incredibly mad.
(c) He knew that Ben would spill information.
(d) He would create problems for
13. During the hijacking, what does Miro struggle with?
(a) Wanting to get to know Kate better, but being unable to do so.
(b) His age. He feels so much younger than the other members of the team.
(c) Artkin's refusal to notice Miro.
(d) His inability to kill children, but wanting to fit in.
14. After Ben recovered from his wounds, what happened to him?
(a) He decided to commit suicide.
(b) He chooses to travel abroad.
(c) He chooses to go stay with his grandparents.
(d) He decides he no longer wants to take a backseat in life.
15. How does Kate use her sexuality in the book?
(a) She uses it to make Miro uncomfortable and confused.
(b) She uses it to persuade Artkin into following her directions.
(c) She is unsuccessful in seducing Miro.
(d) She does not use her sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the children originally headed to on the bus?
2. Why is this object important?
3. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
4. How is Miro careful to elude his captors?
5. What does Kate finally decide to do with the children?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)