Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
(a) They are jumbled together.
(c) They are very clear.
(d) Easy to follow and concise.
2. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
(a) He has let his mother down.
(b) He thinks he failed his government.
(c) He wanted to beat the terrorists.
(d) He needs it because he feels like he failed his father.
3. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
(a) They like Kate.
(b) They do not wish to kill Kate because she takes care of the children.
(c) They hope Kate will take care of them.
(d) They think Kate will be more valuable alive.
4. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
(a) No, the reader never knows what Kate's family thinks.
(b) No. Kate is never avenged.
(c) Yes. The author describes Kate's funeral.
(d) Yes. Kate's life is explored in a different section of the novel.
5. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
(a) The whole situation is terrible.
(b) So many young children were involved in the hostage situation.
(c) Terrorisim is terrible.
(d) The death of two young people.
6. Does the reader ever really learn about Ben's mother?
(a) Yes, but only through the General's eyes.
(c) Yes, Ben mentions her briefly.
(d) No, because she is dead.
7. During the hijacking, what does Miro struggle with?
(a) His age. He feels so much younger than the other members of the team.
(b) Wanting to get to know Kate better, but being unable to do so.
(c) His inability to kill children, but wanting to fit in.
(d) Artkin's refusal to notice Miro.
8. How does Miro feel after the others berate him for overlooking Kate's search?
(a) Angry with Kate.
(b) Humiliated and angry.
(d) Hurt that Artkin did not help him.
9. While everything happens, what happens to the helicopter?
(a) It keeps flying away.
(b) It explodes from a bomb.
(c) It crashes into the van.
(d) It crashes into the river.
10. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
(a) An Asian country.
(b) A European country.
(c) An African or MIddle Eastern country.
(d) A South American country.
11. What main theme is seen in this section?
(b) Self loathing.
12. What prompted the General to tell Ben the truth?
(a) Ben's prooding.
(b) The General's wife forces him to tell Ben the truth.
(c) Ben finds confidential papers and confronts his father.
(d) Ben's guilt.
13. Where does he hide her?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a boat on the river.
(c) In the ground.
(d) In a nestlike enclosure.
14. How did the General learn about Ben's school work?
(a) He sat in on all of Ben's classes.
(b) He sat down with his son and asked him about it.
(c) The General did not care about Ben's school work.
(d) Through private detailed reports for teachers and staff.
15. The General's choice to use his son was ________.
(a) Not his best choice.
(b) A great tactile move.
(c) A good military move.
(d) Chance to win the terrorist situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his prime, what was the General considered?
2. Why did the General use Ben to go into the hijacking situation?
3. Why is Raymond's death so sad?
4. What does he hope to do now that the mission is over?
5. Because the van was wire tapped, what was the General forced to listen to?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)