|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the other terrorists so mad at Miro?
(a) He is sloppy and careless,
(b) He does not act excited about their cause.
(c) He did not search Kate.
(d) He let Kate charm him.
2. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
(a) They like Kate.
(b) They think Kate will be more valuable alive.
(c) They hope Kate will take care of them.
(d) They do not wish to kill Kate because she takes care of the children.
3. When Ben dies, what does he see himself as?
(a) A miserable person.
(b) No longer the General's son.
(c) A coward.
(d) Unhappy and weak.
4. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
(a) An African or MIddle Eastern country.
(b) A European country.
(c) A South American country.
(d) An Asian country.
5. Because the van was wire tapped, what was the General forced to listen to?
(a) The terrorists demands.
(b) His son giving him up.
(c) The screams of children.
(d) His son being tortured.
6. Rather than warning Artkin, what does Miro do?
(a) He grabs Ben and tries to questions him further.
(b) Miro grabs Kate as a human sheild.
(c) Miro runs into the woods by himself.
(d) Miro pushes the children into the line of fire.
7. During the hijacking, what does Miro struggle with?
(a) His age. He feels so much younger than the other members of the team.
(b) Wanting to get to know Kate better, but being unable to do so.
(c) Artkin's refusal to notice Miro.
(d) His inability to kill children, but wanting to fit in.
8. What does the leader learn about Ben?
(a) He has moved on with his life.
(b) Ben has hoped he and his father could soon become close.
(c) He has been filled with guilt over giving up information about the
(d) He is going to college.
9. How does the reader sense that Artkin's and Miro's relationship is different?
(a) There seems to be some affection between the two.
(b) Artkin chooses Miro over the others whenever possible.
(c) Artkin is angry with Miro and showing it.
(d) Miro sees that Artkin now hates him.
10. What did the General know that Ben would do if he was captured?
(a) He knew that Ben would make a mistake.
(b) The General would be incredibly mad.
(c) He knew that Ben would spill information.
(d) He would create problems for
11. What does he hope to do now that the mission is over?
(a) He wants to stay in the US and learn more about the culture.
(b) Miro hopes to find any surviving family members.
(c) Miro now hopes to continue his terrorist acts.
(d) He wants to change his life and make a family.
12. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
(a) The death of two young people.
(b) So many young children were involved in the hostage situation.
(c) The whole situation is terrible.
(d) Terrorisim is terrible.
13. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
(a) False information to share.
(b) A sign of peace.
(c) The right message for the terrorists.
(d) Real information.
14. What is Miro's character perceived to be?
(a) A young man with serious mental issues.
(b) A liar and cheater.
(c) A tormented young person.
(d) A young boy who is blinded by his will to be loyal to Artkin and the cause.
15. Where does he hide her?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a nestlike enclosure.
(c) In a boat on the river.
(d) In the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is finally revealed by the end of this section?
2. How does Artkin have proof of Sedeete's capture?
3. As Part 7 begins, what does the reader notice has changed?
4. What is ironic about Miro's escape?
5. After Ben recovered from his wounds, what happened to him?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)