|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is shot by a sniper?
2. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
(a) They like Kate.
(b) They hope Kate will take care of them.
(c) They do not wish to kill Kate because she takes care of the children.
(d) They think Kate will be more valuable alive.
3. How does Miro feel about this realization?
(a) Miro feels upset that Artkin lied to him about being his father.
(b) He is glad because he never liked him anyway.
(c) He feels that Kate is lying to him and becomes angry.
(d) He is sad he did not get to know his father.
4. Where does Miro decide to take Kate?
(a) To an abandonned warehouse.
(b) He escapes in the bus and goes to an abandoned highway.
(c) To a lakehouse.
(d) He takes her to the woods.
5. How does Miro feel after the others berate him for overlooking Kate's search?
(a) Angry with Kate.
(b) Hurt that Artkin did not help him.
(c) Humiliated and angry.
6. What does Miro feel over Artkin?
(a) He thinks that Artkin was a great big brother figure.
(b) He is happy Artkin is dead.
(c) Guilty that he used Artkin.
(d) He feels regret and anger over Artkin's death.
7. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
(a) She thinks he will spare her life.
(b) Miro will turn on the other terrorists.
(c) She thinks that Miro will help her free the other children.
(d) Miro will let Ben go.
8. How does Artkin have proof of Sedeete's capture?
(a) A piece of glass.
(b) A sea shell.
(c) A rock.
(d) A stone.
9. Once Kate finally starts the bus, what happens?
(a) She has problems turning it on.
(b) The children wake up.
(c) She starts to drive it away.
(d) The terrorists do not notice.
10. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
(a) Bombs go off.
(b) All the hostages are found dead.
(c) The hijackers are assaulted sooner than expected.
(d) The attackers are not sure when they should attack the terrorists.
11. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben?
(a) If Ben will make it out alive.
(b) Whether or not Ben will attempt to overthrow the terrorists.
(c) Whether or not Ben is the messenger to Artkin.
(d) Maybe Ben will have some secret training to deal with this situation.
12. During the hijacking, what does Miro struggle with?
(a) Wanting to get to know Kate better, but being unable to do so.
(b) His inability to kill children, but wanting to fit in.
(c) Artkin's refusal to notice Miro.
(d) His age. He feels so much younger than the other members of the team.
13. How did the General learn about Ben's school work?
(a) Through private detailed reports for teachers and staff.
(b) He sat in on all of Ben's classes.
(c) The General did not care about Ben's school work.
(d) He sat down with his son and asked him about it.
14. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
(a) He loves his son too much to loose him.
(b) Because he lost his job for sending Ben into the field.
(c) Because he misses his wife.
(d) Because he sent his son into a battleground.
15. Besides just knowing about his son's behavior, what has the General also learned about his son?
(a) Ben is not that intelligent.
(b) Ben is in love.
(c) Ben's emotional reactions to specific stimuli.
(d) Ben is very smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. The day of the hijacking, where does the General search for his son?
2. What causes the General to break down?
3. What prompted the General to tell Ben the truth?
4. What chapters is the General now narrating?
5. Before the assault, how did Miro feel about the violence he was participating in?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)