|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kate allowed to live?
(a) She can help with the kids.
(b) Miro is attracted to her.
(c) Artkin is attracted to her.
(d) She is easy on the eyes.
2. How does Artkin die?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) He is captured and executed.
(c) He is run over by a truck.
(d) Artkin is shot by soldiers who are in the helicopter.
3. What does Kate realize about Artkin and Miro's relationship?
(a) Artkin is Miro's best friend.
(b) They must be related.
(c) Artkin and Miro are brothers.
(d) Artkin is Miro's father.
4. How did the General learn about Ben's school work?
(a) The General did not care about Ben's school work.
(b) He sat in on all of Ben's classes.
(c) He sat down with his son and asked him about it.
(d) Through private detailed reports for teachers and staff.
5. What does Kate finally decide to do with the children?
(a) Tell them a story.
(c) Play them some music.
(d) Force them to stay quiet.
6. What does the leader learn about Ben?
(a) Ben has hoped he and his father could soon become close.
(b) He has moved on with his life.
(c) He is going to college.
(d) He has been filled with guilt over giving up information about the
7. What is Artkin's character perceived to be?
(a) A cold-blooded killer.
(b) An evil terrorist.
(c) A terrorist with a warm personality.
(d) A warm father figure.
8. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
(a) They are all very smart.
(b) They are all left handed.
(c) They are all boys.
(d) They are all the only child in their families.
9. Why did the General use Ben to go into the hijacking situation?
(a) He needed to mislead the hijackers.
(b) He hated his son.
(c) Ben wanted to be used.
(d) He wanted to look good to his superiors.
10. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
(a) No. Kate is never avenged.
(b) Yes. The author describes Kate's funeral.
(c) No, the reader never knows what Kate's family thinks.
(d) Yes. Kate's life is explored in a different section of the novel.
11. In his prime, what was the General considered?
(a) Someone to look up to in the community.
(b) A very handsome man.
(c) A strong determined man.
(d) An extremely intelligent man.
12. How does Kate use her sexuality in the book?
(a) She does not use her sexuality.
(b) She uses it to make Miro uncomfortable and confused.
(c) She is unsuccessful in seducing Miro.
(d) She uses it to persuade Artkin into following her directions.
13. What did the General do to Ben's phone?
(a) Tapped and listened to all his phone calls.
(b) Did not allow Ben to have a phone.
(c) Destroyed it after Ben was disrespectful.
(d) Forced Ben to make calls on the house phone.
14. Why does Miro kill Kate?
(a) Because he was attacted to her.
(b) Kate asks for her death.
(c) Because he thought she lied to distract him.
(d) Because Kate disrespects him.
15. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
(a) Because he misses his wife.
(b) Because he sent his son into a battleground.
(c) He loves his son too much to loose him.
(d) Because he lost his job for sending Ben into the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the terrorists react to this death?
2. Where is the General's real location as he narrates?
3. Does Miro accept Kate's apology?
4. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
5. Why are the other terrorists so mad at Miro?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)