|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the General to break down?
(a) Ben's refusal to forgive him.
(b) Ben's anger towards him.
(c) His own guilt and Ben's death.
(d) His wife deciding to leave him.
2. How had the General learned almost everything he knew about Ben?
(a) He had deep conversations with his father.
(b) He asked his wife about their son.
(c) He would speak with teachers to learn about his son.
(d) He has been spying on Ben.
3. What does the reader learn about the General?
(a) He chooses the country over his own son.
(b) The General loves his family very much.
(c) He wishes he never had a son.
(d) The General is ruthless.
4. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
(a) Because he sent his son into a battleground.
(b) Because he misses his wife.
(c) Because he lost his job for sending Ben into the field.
(d) He loves his son too much to loose him.
5. How does Artkin learn about the assault on the terrorists?
(a) From phone taps.
(b) They are told by their US contacts.
(c) Ben gives in after being tortured and tells the terrorists when to expect the assault.
(d) They learn from their spy sources.
6. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
(a) Real information.
(b) A sign of peace.
(c) The right message for the terrorists.
(d) False information to share.
7. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
(a) The hijackers are assaulted sooner than expected.
(b) The attackers are not sure when they should attack the terrorists.
(c) Bombs go off.
(d) All the hostages are found dead.
8. How does Artkin have proof of Sedeete's capture?
(a) A sea shell.
(b) A stone.
(c) A rock.
(d) A piece of glass.
9. How is Miro careful to elude his captors?
(a) He dresses in camo attire.
(b) He disguises himself as a local.
(c) He rides a bike to his next location.
(d) He slowly and carefully travels through the woods.
10. What were Washington's orders for the General on the morning of the hijacking?
(a) To leave Ben out of the hijacking situations.
(b) To send Ben as the messenger.
(c) To bomb the entire hostage camp.
(d) To send the General into see the hostages.
11. Who does Artkin shoot as he falls down?
12. What chapters is the General now narrating?
(a) The odd chapters.
(b) He is not.
(c) All chapters.
(d) Even chapters.
13. Once Kate finally starts the bus, what happens?
(a) She has problems turning it on.
(b) The terrorists do not notice.
(c) She starts to drive it away.
(d) The children wake up.
14. Who is shot by a sniper?
15. After Ben recovered from his wounds, what happened to him?
(a) He decided to commit suicide.
(b) He chooses to travel abroad.
(c) He chooses to go stay with his grandparents.
(d) He decides he no longer wants to take a backseat in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miro feel after the others berate him for overlooking Kate's search?
2. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
3. How does the reader sense that Artkin's and Miro's relationship is different?
4. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
5. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)