|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
(a) A European country.
(b) An African or MIddle Eastern country.
(c) An Asian country.
(d) A South American country.
2. Besides just knowing about his son's behavior, what has the General also learned about his son?
(a) Ben is not that intelligent.
(b) Ben is in love.
(c) Ben's emotional reactions to specific stimuli.
(d) Ben is very smart.
3. What is Artkin's character perceived to be?
(a) A cold-blooded killer.
(b) A warm father figure.
(c) A terrorist with a warm personality.
(d) An evil terrorist.
4. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
(a) When Miro decides to go to the bathroom.
(b) Before dawn.
(c) When Miro goes outside for air.
(d) After nightfall.
5. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
(a) Bombs go off.
(b) The hijackers are assaulted sooner than expected.
(c) The attackers are not sure when they should attack the terrorists.
(d) All the hostages are found dead.
6. What is Miro's character perceived to be?
(a) A young man with serious mental issues.
(b) A tormented young person.
(c) A liar and cheater.
(d) A young boy who is blinded by his will to be loyal to Artkin and the cause.
7. What does the leader learn about Ben?
(a) He has been filled with guilt over giving up information about the
(b) He has moved on with his life.
(c) Ben has hoped he and his father could soon become close.
(d) He is going to college.
8. Where does Miro put Kate's body?
(a) He buries it in a cemetery.
(b) In a river.
(c) In the school bus.
(d) He leaves it in the woods.
9. Are many children saved as a result of the assault?
(a) Raymond is the only child to die.
(b) No, many of the children were killed.
(c) Raymond is the only child who is saved.
(d) Yes, almost all of the children are saved.
10. What does Kate underestimate?
(a) Miro's problem with Kate.
(b) Miro's guilt over Artkin's death.
(c) Miro's hate of Artkin.
(d) Miro's love for Artkin.
11. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
(a) They are jumbled together.
(c) Easy to follow and concise.
(d) They are very clear.
12. The General's choice to use his son was ________.
(a) Not his best choice.
(b) A good military move.
(c) Chance to win the terrorist situation.
(d) A great tactile move.
13. How had the General learned almost everything he knew about Ben?
(a) He has been spying on Ben.
(b) He would speak with teachers to learn about his son.
(c) He had deep conversations with his father.
(d) He asked his wife about their son.
14. Where does he hide her?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a boat on the river.
(c) In a nestlike enclosure.
(d) In the ground.
15. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
(a) A sign of peace.
(b) False information to share.
(c) Real information.
(d) The right message for the terrorists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Miro accept Kate's apology?
2. What is Miro doing before Kate tries to take off?
3. How was the General involved in Ben's school?
4. What main theme is seen in this section?
5. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)