|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miro feel over Artkin?
(a) Guilty that he used Artkin.
(b) He is happy Artkin is dead.
(c) He feels regret and anger over Artkin's death.
(d) He thinks that Artkin was a great big brother figure.
2. The day of the hijacking, where does the General search for his son?
(a) At Ben's baseball game.
(b) At the pool.
(c) At Ben's school.
(d) In the library.
3. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
(a) Yes. The author describes Kate's funeral.
(b) No, the reader never knows what Kate's family thinks.
(c) No. Kate is never avenged.
(d) Yes. Kate's life is explored in a different section of the novel.
4. Why did the General use Ben to go into the hijacking situation?
(a) He hated his son.
(b) Ben wanted to be used.
(c) He needed to mislead the hijackers.
(d) He wanted to look good to his superiors.
5. What does Kate realize about Artkin and Miro's relationship?
(a) Artkin is Miro's best friend.
(b) Artkin is Miro's father.
(c) Artkin and Miro are brothers.
(d) They must be related.
6. What does Kate beg them to do?
(a) She wants the terrorists to kill her instead.
(b) She wants to be set free.
(c) For the kids to be freed.
(d) Spare the child.
7. As Part 7 begins, what does the reader notice has changed?
(a) Ben is no longer the narrator.
(b) Kate is now the narrator.
(c) Kate has become more frantic.
(d) Ben has completely left the novel.
8. Who is Artkin shot by?
(a) Miro, who is fed up with him.
(b) A US fighter.
(c) Ben, who has gotten a gun from a terrorists.
(d) An overhead helicopter.
9. How long does Ben have to stay stationed?
(a) For a day.
(b) For a week.
(c) Until his father came to get him.
(d) Until the negotiations were complete.
10. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
(a) The terrorists are taking aim at the bus as it stalls.
(b) The bus stalls and they capture her.
(c) The bus falls into a ditch.
(d) They begin running after the bus.
11. How does the reader sense that Artkin's and Miro's relationship is different?
(a) Artkin chooses Miro over the others whenever possible.
(b) Miro sees that Artkin now hates him.
(c) Artkin is angry with Miro and showing it.
(d) There seems to be some affection between the two.
12. What did the General do to Ben's phone?
(a) Did not allow Ben to have a phone.
(b) Tapped and listened to all his phone calls.
(c) Forced Ben to make calls on the house phone.
(d) Destroyed it after Ben was disrespectful.
13. Once Kate finally starts the bus, what happens?
(a) She has problems turning it on.
(b) The children wake up.
(c) She starts to drive it away.
(d) The terrorists do not notice.
14. Why does Miro kill Kate?
(a) Because he was attacted to her.
(b) Kate asks for her death.
(c) Because he thought she lied to distract him.
(d) Because Kate disrespects him.
15. Why is Raymond's death so sad?
(a) Raymond did not die.
(b) Another innocent was killed.
(c) Kate was forced to kill Raymond.
(d) He came to his parents later in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Miro accept Kate's apology?
2. How does Miro feel about this realization?
3. How do the terrorists react to this death?
4. The General's choice to use his son was ________.
5. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)