|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate underestimate?
(a) Miro's guilt over Artkin's death.
(b) Miro's problem with Kate.
(c) Miro's love for Artkin.
(d) Miro's hate of Artkin.
2. Who is Artkin shot by?
(a) A US fighter.
(b) Miro, who is fed up with him.
(c) Ben, who has gotten a gun from a terrorists.
(d) An overhead helicopter.
3. Why is this object important?
(a) It is very important because it serves as a momento.
(b) It was unique.
(c) The object is worth a lot of money.
(d) Actually, the object is not important, the messenger is.
4. Where does Miro put Kate's body?
(a) He buries it in a cemetery.
(b) He leaves it in the woods.
(c) In a river.
(d) In the school bus.
5. What were Washington's orders for the General on the morning of the hijacking?
(a) To send Ben as the messenger.
(b) To bomb the entire hostage camp.
(c) To leave Ben out of the hijacking situations.
(d) To send the General into see the hostages.
6. What does he hope to do now that the mission is over?
(a) He wants to stay in the US and learn more about the culture.
(b) Miro hopes to find any surviving family members.
(c) He wants to change his life and make a family.
(d) Miro now hopes to continue his terrorist acts.
7. What does Miro notice about Ben?
(a) Ben is weak and unstable.
(b) He is a smart looking young man.
(c) He and Ben look a lot a like.
(d) He must be the same age as Ben.
8. Where does Miro decide to take Kate?
(a) To an abandonned warehouse.
(b) To a lakehouse.
(c) He escapes in the bus and goes to an abandoned highway.
(d) He takes her to the woods.
9. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
(a) The hijackers are assaulted sooner than expected.
(b) Bombs go off.
(c) The attackers are not sure when they should attack the terrorists.
(d) All the hostages are found dead.
10. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
(a) A European country.
(b) A South American country.
(c) An African or MIddle Eastern country.
(d) An Asian country.
11. When Ben dies, what does he see himself as?
(a) Unhappy and weak.
(b) A miserable person.
(c) A coward.
(d) No longer the General's son.
12. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
(a) The death of two young people.
(b) So many young children were involved in the hostage situation.
(c) The whole situation is terrible.
(d) Terrorisim is terrible.
13. Are many children saved as a result of the assault?
(a) Raymond is the only child who is saved.
(b) Raymond is the only child to die.
(c) Yes, almost all of the children are saved.
(d) No, many of the children were killed.
14. What does Miro feel over Artkin?
(a) Guilty that he used Artkin.
(b) He feels regret and anger over Artkin's death.
(c) He is happy Artkin is dead.
(d) He thinks that Artkin was a great big brother figure.
15. What did the General know that Ben would do if he was captured?
(a) The General would be incredibly mad.
(b) He knew that Ben would spill information.
(c) He knew that Ben would make a mistake.
(d) He would create problems for
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name Ben's father uses in relation to Inner Delta missions?
2. What mistake does Kate make?
3. How long does Ben have to stay stationed?
4. Once Kate finally starts the bus, what happens?
5. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)