|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miro notice about Ben?
(a) Ben is weak and unstable.
(b) He is a smart looking young man.
(c) He must be the same age as Ben.
(d) He and Ben look a lot a like.
2. Who is Artkin shot by?
(a) An overhead helicopter.
(b) Miro, who is fed up with him.
(c) Ben, who has gotten a gun from a terrorists.
(d) A US fighter.
3. Where were the children originally headed to on the bus?
(a) A large playground.
(b) Day camp.
(c) To a city park.
(d) To school.
4. How does Artkin have proof of Sedeete's capture?
(a) A stone.
(b) A rock.
(c) A sea shell.
(d) A piece of glass.
5. What does the leader learn about Ben?
(a) He is going to college.
(b) He has moved on with his life.
(c) Ben has hoped he and his father could soon become close.
(d) He has been filled with guilt over giving up information about the
6. How did the General learn about Ben's school work?
(a) The General did not care about Ben's school work.
(b) Through private detailed reports for teachers and staff.
(c) He sat in on all of Ben's classes.
(d) He sat down with his son and asked him about it.
7. When Ben dies, what does he see himself as?
(a) Unhappy and weak.
(b) No longer the General's son.
(c) A miserable person.
(d) A coward.
8. What does Miro reveal himself to be?
(a) A menacing young man.
(b) A follower.
(c) An evil person.
(d) A frightened young teen.
9. What are the names of all four terrorists?
(a) Artkin, Miro, Stroll and Kirre.
(b) Miro Stroll, Antibbe and Kirre.
(c) Miro, Artkin, Antibbe and Stroll.
(d) Miro, Artkin, Stroll and Maye.
10. Does the author provide some kind of closure for Kate's character and her family?
(a) No. Kate is never avenged.
(b) No, the reader never knows what Kate's family thinks.
(c) Yes. Kate's life is explored in a different section of the novel.
(d) Yes. The author describes Kate's funeral.
11. What does Kate finally decide to do with the children?
(a) Force them to stay quiet.
(c) Play them some music.
(d) Tell them a story.
12. What does Kate realize about Artkin and Miro's relationship?
(a) Artkin is Miro's father.
(b) They must be related.
(c) Artkin and Miro are brothers.
(d) Artkin is Miro's best friend.
13. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
(a) They think Kate will be more valuable alive.
(b) They do not wish to kill Kate because she takes care of the children.
(c) They hope Kate will take care of them.
(d) They like Kate.
14. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
(a) A sign of peace.
(b) False information to share.
(c) The right message for the terrorists.
(d) Real information.
15. Does the reader ever really learn about Ben's mother?
(a) Yes, Ben mentions her briefly.
(c) Yes, but only through the General's eyes.
(d) No, because she is dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
2. What chapters is the General now narrating?
3. How does Miro finally escape?
4. Who does Artkin shoot as he falls down?
5. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)