|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader learn about the General?
(a) He chooses the country over his own son.
(b) He wishes he never had a son.
(c) The General is ruthless.
(d) The General loves his family very much.
2. What are the names of all four terrorists?
(a) Miro, Artkin, Antibbe and Stroll.
(b) Miro Stroll, Antibbe and Kirre.
(c) Artkin, Miro, Stroll and Kirre.
(d) Miro, Artkin, Stroll and Maye.
3. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
(a) They are all boys.
(b) They are all left handed.
(c) They are all the only child in their families.
(d) They are all very smart.
4. Who does Artkin shoot as he falls down?
5. What is ironic about Miro's escape?
(a) The person who caused all the devastation, goes unharmed.
(b) Miro is captured by the US government after he escapes.
(c) Miro never escapes.
(d) Miro is injured as he escapes.
6. How do the terrorists react to this death?
(a) They kill Miro.
(b) They kill Raymond.
(c) They kill Kate.
(d) They kill Ben.
7. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
(a) He thinks he failed his government.
(b) He wanted to beat the terrorists.
(c) He has let his mother down.
(d) He needs it because he feels like he failed his father.
8. Why does the General try to seek forgiveness?
(a) Because he lost his job for sending Ben into the field.
(b) He loves his son too much to loose him.
(c) Because he sent his son into a battleground.
(d) Because he misses his wife.
9. Where is Miro when the assault begins?
(a) On the bus.
(b) On the highway.
(c) In a corn field.
(d) In a wharehouse.
10. Why is this object important?
(a) It was unique.
(b) Actually, the object is not important, the messenger is.
(c) It is very important because it serves as a momento.
(d) The object is worth a lot of money.
11. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
(a) The bus falls into a ditch.
(b) They begin running after the bus.
(c) The terrorists are taking aim at the bus as it stalls.
(d) The bus stalls and they capture her.
12. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
(a) After nightfall.
(b) When Miro goes outside for air.
(c) When Miro decides to go to the bathroom.
(d) Before dawn.
13. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
(a) A European country.
(b) A South American country.
(c) An African or MIddle Eastern country.
(d) An Asian country.
14. Does Miro accept Kate's apology?
(a) Yes, because he wants to be with her.
(b) No, he understands that she is just using him to get free.
(c) No, because she seems to be sad.
(d) He seems to accept it because he talks to her again.
15. How long does Ben have to stay stationed?
(a) Until his father came to get him.
(b) Until the negotiations were complete.
(c) For a day.
(d) For a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
2. What does he hope to do now that the mission is over?
3. Does the reader ever really learn about Ben's mother?
4. Why is Kate allowed to live?
5. When Ben dies, what does he see himself as?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)