|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were the children originally headed to on the bus?
(a) To a city park.
(b) To school.
(c) Day camp.
(d) A large playground.
2. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
(a) A European country.
(b) A South American country.
(c) An Asian country.
(d) An African or MIddle Eastern country.
3. How much in advance does the American assault begin on the terrorists?
(a) A day early.
(b) Two days early.
(c) Five hours early.
(d) An hour early.
4. After Ben recovered from his wounds, what happened to him?
(a) He decides he no longer wants to take a backseat in life.
(b) He chooses to go stay with his grandparents.
(c) He decided to commit suicide.
(d) He chooses to travel abroad.
5. How does Artkin learn about the assault on the terrorists?
(a) They are told by their US contacts.
(b) Ben gives in after being tortured and tells the terrorists when to expect the assault.
(c) From phone taps.
(d) They learn from their spy sources.
6. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
(a) A sign of peace.
(b) The right message for the terrorists.
(c) False information to share.
(d) Real information.
7. How is Miro careful to elude his captors?
(a) He rides a bike to his next location.
(b) He dresses in camo attire.
(c) He slowly and carefully travels through the woods.
(d) He disguises himself as a local.
8. What is Miro doing before Kate tries to take off?
(a) Speaking with Artkin.
(b) Getting air outside of the bus.
(c) Goes to the bathroom.
(d) Learn to drive the bus.
9. How had the General learned almost everything he knew about Ben?
(a) He would speak with teachers to learn about his son.
(b) He asked his wife about their son.
(c) He has been spying on Ben.
(d) He had deep conversations with his father.
10. What does the reader begin to wonder about Ben?
(a) Maybe Ben will have some secret training to deal with this situation.
(b) Whether or not Ben is the messenger to Artkin.
(c) Whether or not Ben will attempt to overthrow the terrorists.
(d) If Ben will make it out alive.
11. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
(a) He wanted to beat the terrorists.
(b) He needs it because he feels like he failed his father.
(c) He has let his mother down.
(d) He thinks he failed his government.
12. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
(a) Miro will let Ben go.
(b) She thinks that Miro will help her free the other children.
(c) She thinks he will spare her life.
(d) Miro will turn on the other terrorists.
13. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
(a) All the hostages are found dead.
(b) Bombs go off.
(c) The attackers are not sure when they should attack the terrorists.
(d) The hijackers are assaulted sooner than expected.
14. When does Kate think she can steal the bus?
(a) When Miro decides to go to the bathroom.
(b) After nightfall.
(c) Before dawn.
(d) When Miro goes outside for air.
15. Where does Miro put Kate's body?
(a) He leaves it in the woods.
(b) In a river.
(c) In the school bus.
(d) He buries it in a cemetery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
2. As Part 7 begins, what does the reader notice has changed?
3. What does the reader learn about the General?
4. Why is Raymond's death so sad?
5. What chapters is the General now narrating?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)