|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the General use Ben to go into the hijacking situation?
(a) He needed to mislead the hijackers.
(b) Ben wanted to be used.
(c) He wanted to look good to his superiors.
(d) He hated his son.
2. How long does Ben have to stay stationed?
(a) For a day.
(b) Until his father came to get him.
(c) For a week.
(d) Until the negotiations were complete.
3. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
(a) The attackers are not sure when they should attack the terrorists.
(b) The hijackers are assaulted sooner than expected.
(c) Bombs go off.
(d) All the hostages are found dead.
4. How does Artkin die?
(a) He is run over by a truck.
(b) He commits suicide.
(c) He is captured and executed.
(d) Artkin is shot by soldiers who are in the helicopter.
5. What has the military not figured out about capturing the terrorist leader?
(a) The terrorists will now kill all of the children.
(b) The stand off will not be over.
(c) The terrorists will carry on even if their leader is dead.
(d) The leader is not the heart of the movement.
6. In his prime, what was the General considered?
(a) A very handsome man.
(b) An extremely intelligent man.
(c) A strong determined man.
(d) Someone to look up to in the community.
7. What did the General do to Ben's phone?
(a) Forced Ben to make calls on the house phone.
(b) Tapped and listened to all his phone calls.
(c) Did not allow Ben to have a phone.
(d) Destroyed it after Ben was disrespectful.
8. How will Miro now act around Kate?
(a) He guards his words more closely.
(b) He hates her and shows it.
(c) He is cruel towards her and the children.
(d) He will tell her everything.
9. Once Kate finally starts the bus, what happens?
(a) The children wake up.
(b) She has problems turning it on.
(c) The terrorists do not notice.
(d) She starts to drive it away.
10. What does the General make sure that Ben had?
(a) The right message for the terrorists.
(b) Real information.
(c) A sign of peace.
(d) False information to share.
11. How did the General learn about Ben's school work?
(a) Through private detailed reports for teachers and staff.
(b) He sat down with his son and asked him about it.
(c) The General did not care about Ben's school work.
(d) He sat in on all of Ben's classes.
12. How does Kate use her sexuality in the book?
(a) She is unsuccessful in seducing Miro.
(b) She uses it to persuade Artkin into following her directions.
(c) She does not use her sexuality.
(d) She uses it to make Miro uncomfortable and confused.
13. Who is shot by a sniper?
14. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
(a) They hope Kate will take care of them.
(b) They do not wish to kill Kate because she takes care of the children.
(c) They like Kate.
(d) They think Kate will be more valuable alive.
15. How much in advance does the American assault begin on the terrorists?
(a) Two days early.
(b) A day early.
(c) An hour early.
(d) Five hours early.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the General's real location as he narrates?
2. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
3. What does Kate realize about Artkin and Miro's relationship?
4. What does the leader learn about Ben?
5. How does Miro finally escape?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)