|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Kate make?
(a) She underestimates how guilty Miro feels about Artkin's death.
(b) She should have only looked out for herself.
(c) She tries to connect too closely with Miro.
(d) She chooses to sleep with Miro.
2. How much in advance does the American assault begin on the terrorists?
(a) Five hours early.
(b) Two days early.
(c) A day early.
(d) An hour early.
3. What does Kate beg them to do?
(a) She wants to be set free.
(b) Spare the child.
(c) She wants the terrorists to kill her instead.
(d) For the kids to be freed.
4. How does the reader sense that Artkin's and Miro's relationship is different?
(a) Miro sees that Artkin now hates him.
(b) Artkin is angry with Miro and showing it.
(c) There seems to be some affection between the two.
(d) Artkin chooses Miro over the others whenever possible.
5. What prompted the General to tell Ben the truth?
(a) The General's wife forces him to tell Ben the truth.
(b) Ben finds confidential papers and confronts his father.
(c) Ben's prooding.
(d) Ben's guilt.
6. Why does she think the terrorists will be able to kill her?
(a) They begin running after the bus.
(b) The bus stalls and they capture her.
(c) The bus falls into a ditch.
(d) The terrorists are taking aim at the bus as it stalls.
7. What are the names of all four terrorists?
(a) Artkin, Miro, Stroll and Kirre.
(b) Miro, Artkin, Stroll and Maye.
(c) Miro, Artkin, Antibbe and Stroll.
(d) Miro Stroll, Antibbe and Kirre.
8. Why is Raymond's death so sad?
(a) Raymond did not die.
(b) Another innocent was killed.
(c) Kate was forced to kill Raymond.
(d) He came to his parents later in life.
9. What does the General know about Ben?
(a) Ben would be a coward.
(b) He knew Ben would make him proud.
(c) That Ben would do anything for him.
(d) He knew Ben would be tortured.
10. Rather than warning Artkin, what does Miro do?
(a) Miro grabs Kate as a human sheild.
(b) He grabs Ben and tries to questions him further.
(c) Miro pushes the children into the line of fire.
(d) Miro runs into the woods by himself.
11. How does Artkin learn about the assault on the terrorists?
(a) Ben gives in after being tortured and tells the terrorists when to expect the assault.
(b) They learn from their spy sources.
(c) From phone taps.
(d) They are told by their US contacts.
12. What does the leader learn about Ben?
(a) He has moved on with his life.
(b) He is going to college.
(c) He has been filled with guilt over giving up information about the
(d) Ben has hoped he and his father could soon become close.
13. Why does Ben feel he needs forgiveness?
(a) He thinks he failed his government.
(b) He wanted to beat the terrorists.
(c) He needs it because he feels like he failed his father.
(d) He has let his mother down.
14. What country do the terrorists seem to be fighting for?
(a) A European country.
(b) An Asian country.
(c) A South American country.
(d) An African or MIddle Eastern country.
15. What does Miro reveal himself to be?
(a) An evil person.
(b) A follower.
(c) A menacing young man.
(d) A frightened young teen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name Ben's father uses in relation to Inner Delta missions?
2. What has the military not figured out about capturing the terrorist leader?
3. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
4. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
5. How will Miro now act around Kate?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)