|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is finally revealed by the end of this section?
(a) Ben's choice to run away from his father.
(b) Ben's hate for his father.
(c) Ben's love for Nettie.
(d) Ben's involvement with Inner Delta.
2. How is Miro careful to elude his captors?
(a) He rides a bike to his next location.
(b) He disguises himself as a local.
(c) He dresses in camo attire.
(d) He slowly and carefully travels through the woods.
3. Why does Kate finally encourage Raymond to eat the candy?
(a) She does not wish for Raymond to get hurt by the terrorists.
(b) Because the terrorists realize he is more lucid than other children.
(c) Because she wants him to get some rest.
(d) Raymond needs food, so he has to eat the candy.
4. How had the General learned almost everything he knew about Ben?
(a) He asked his wife about their son.
(b) He had deep conversations with his father.
(c) He would speak with teachers to learn about his son.
(d) He has been spying on Ben.
5. How does Artkin die?
(a) He commits suicide.
(b) Artkin is shot by soldiers who are in the helicopter.
(c) He is run over by a truck.
(d) He is captured and executed.
6. What does Miro feel over Artkin?
(a) He feels regret and anger over Artkin's death.
(b) He thinks that Artkin was a great big brother figure.
(c) Guilty that he used Artkin.
(d) He is happy Artkin is dead.
7. What chapters is the General now narrating?
(a) All chapters.
(b) He is not.
(c) The odd chapters.
(d) Even chapters.
8. What is the name Ben's father uses in relation to Inner Delta missions?
9. What does the leader learn about Ben?
(a) Ben has hoped he and his father could soon become close.
(b) He has moved on with his life.
(c) He is going to college.
(d) He has been filled with guilt over giving up information about the
10. What does Miro notice about Ben?
(a) He and Ben look a lot a like.
(b) Ben is weak and unstable.
(c) He must be the same age as Ben.
(d) He is a smart looking young man.
11. How does Miro feel about this realization?
(a) He is sad he did not get to know his father.
(b) Miro feels upset that Artkin lied to him about being his father.
(c) He is glad because he never liked him anyway.
(d) He feels that Kate is lying to him and becomes angry.
12. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
(a) Miro will let Ben go.
(b) Miro will turn on the other terrorists.
(c) She thinks he will spare her life.
(d) She thinks that Miro will help her free the other children.
13. How do the terrorists react to this death?
(a) They kill Miro.
(b) They kill Kate.
(c) They kill Ben.
(d) They kill Raymond.
14. What is unique about all of the children who have died?
(a) They are all very smart.
(b) They are all the only child in their families.
(c) They are all left handed.
(d) They are all boys.
15. What main theme is seen in this section?
(a) Self loathing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Kate make?
2. Who is Artkin shot by?
3. What are the names of all four terrorists?
4. Before the assault, how did Miro feel about the violence he was participating in?
5. Where is Miro when the assault begins?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)