|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the bus taken?
(a) To an abandoned air field.
(b) To the outside of the school.
(c) To an abandoned farmhouse.
(d) To an abandoned railroad.
2. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
(a) His looks.
(b) His plan making ability.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His ability to communicate with others.
3. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
(a) Finding a place for him to fit in.
(b) A longing for love.
(c) Wanting to be accepted by everyone.
(d) Guilt about something.
4. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
(a) She thinks he is attractive.
(b) She wants him to see her as a human being.
(c) To distract him so that she can make some escape plans.
(d) She sees an important person in him.
5. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) A pen and paper.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) An email account.
6. At what time should Artikin's action happen?
7. What is Ben very eager to find?
(d) Peace with his father.
8. At what age was Miro expected to die?
(a) 18 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 20 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
9. What is the dead child's name?
(a) Charles McCain.
(b) Kevin McMann.
(c) Kevin Charles.
(d) Charles McMann.
10. What is the bus driver's name?
11. What has Miro never seen?
(a) A woman's leg.
(b) His homeland.
(c) His brother.
12. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He wants to attack the terrorists.
(b) He has refused to eat the candy.
(c) He is behaving really well.
(d) He is giving her courage.
13. If all the terrorists die, what do they think will happen to their cause?
(a) If they die they will look weak.
(b) None of them want to die.
(c) They hope to appear stronger.
(d) They will prove their point and it will make their cause stronger.
14. In the Seventies, what was a common occurrence in America?
(a) Terrorist hijackings.
(b) Bell bottom jeans.
(c) Serial killings.
15. What does Kate find in her wallet?
(a) She finds a picture of her family.
(b) Her ID.
(c) She discovers an extra bus key.
(d) A gift from her father, it makes her sentimental.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
2. Who is in charge with negotiations with the military?
3. How does Miro cover the bus' windows?
4. How many times will Sedeete send his signal between now and nine am?
5. Why did the hijackers want money?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)