|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Miro grown up?
(a) With only his brother.
(b) On the streets of NYC.
(c) In a terrorist cell.
(d) With his mother in a small country.
2. How did Ben assume that love happened?
(a) Only between adults.
(b) One person chases after the other.
(c) It happens between two people and goes both ways.
(d) The exact way that Ben's mother and father fell in love.
3. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
(a) He has decided to kill himself.
(b) He is wishing he was not a part of this plan.
(c) He is living through the actual day of the hijacking.
(d) He is fighting the realization that his brother is dead.
4. In Miro's life, who has died?
(a) His entire family.
(b) His brother and parents.
(c) His best friend.
(d) His freinds from school.
5. What is the driver now fighting for?
(a) The ability to see her fiance again.
(b) Her life.
(c) Her life and the life of all the children.
(d) Her right to protect herself.
6. The hijackers give the children candy, but what is wrong with it?
(a) The candy holds a lot of nutritents.
(b) The chemicals in the candy will prevent the children from going to the bathroom.
(c) It is laced with LSD.
(d) It contains a drug to sedate them.
7. Why does Miro think it is right for him to commit murder?
(a) He doesn't think, he just wants to kill.
(b) In the name of freedom.
(c) He thinks killing feels good.
(d) Because their cause is the only thing that matters.
8. What does Miro and Artkin's relationship resemble?
(a) An uncle and nephew.
(b) That of a father and son.
(d) Two very close friends.
9. In the Seventies, what was a common occurrence in America?
(a) Terrorist hijackings.
(b) Serial killings.
(d) Bell bottom jeans.
10. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
(a) North America.
11. What did Ben's father work as?
(a) Attorney General
(b) Brigadier General.
(c) A security guard.
(d) Secretary of State.
12. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His ability to communicate with others.
(c) His looks.
(d) His plan making ability.
13. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
(a) At the YMCA outside of Hallowell.
(b) At the movie theatre.
(c) When his mother introduced him to a young woman she works with.
(d) The summer of the hijacking at the pool.
14. According to Artkin, what will promote their cause?
(a) If they are able to free their leader.
(b) If they kill all of the children.
(c) If they all die for the cause.
(d) If they all survive.
15. Why is Miro anxious about the hijacking?
(a) He wants everything to go according to plan.
(b) He wishes he knew more about the plan.
(c) He wants to look good in front of his boss.
(d) He is questioning the hostage situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Early in the morning what does Miro wait for?
2. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
3. Why is Ben excited and nervous to see his father?
4. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
5. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)