|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does this hijacking scare Miro?
(a) Because he has never done anything like this before.
(b) It is different than other terrorist activities he has been involved in.
(c) He does not trust Artkin.
(d) He wishes that Artkin would have chosen another location.
2. At what time should Artikin's action happen?
3. The hijackers give the children candy, but what is wrong with it?
(a) It is laced with LSD.
(b) The candy holds a lot of nutritents.
(c) It contains a drug to sedate them.
(d) The chemicals in the candy will prevent the children from going to the bathroom.
4. What does Kate gain by Raymond's deception?
(a) Hope that they will survive.
(b) A helping hand.
(c) A partner in crime.
(d) Fear that he will act out.
5. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
(a) The leader is coming to talk to him.
(b) Artkin will start killing his hostages.
(c) The leader has finally found them.
(d) The ambush on the terrorist camp.
6. If Sedeete does not hear the signal, what should Artkin do?
(a) Kill Kate.
(b) Torture the children.
(c) Kill all the children.
(d) Kill one child at a time.
7. What does Kate suffer from?
(a) Horrible headaches.
(b) A sore throat.
(c) A heart condition.
(d) A weak bladder.
8. What has Miro never seen?
(a) His homeland.
(b) This American city.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
9. Why is Ben excited and nervous to see his father?
(a) His father will be bringing his mother who he has not seen for a while.
(b) His father was very abusive. Ben is nervous.
(c) His father has always been very important to him.
(d) Is it the first time he has been able to see his father since the bus hijacking.
10. How do the terrorists dispose of the dead body?
(a) They burn it.
(b) They dump it in the river.
(c) They lower the body over the side of the bridge.
(d) They tie it up.
11. What did Ben's father work as?
(a) A security guard.
(b) Attorney General
(c) Brigadier General.
(d) Secretary of State.
12. Why does Kate feel angry that she is on the bus?
(a) She thinks the hijackers have some nerve taking over the bus.
(b) She thinks she is too young to die.
(c) She normally does not drive this bus route.
(d) She was supposed to go to the beach today.
13. By talking to Miro, what does Kate realize?
(a) He has children.
(b) He is an innocent.
(c) He is actually a nice man who has had a lot of mishaps through life.
(d) He is a monster who is trapped in the innocence of never knowing another life.
14. In what time period is the novel set?
15. What does Kate find in her wallet?
(a) She discovers an extra bus key.
(b) Her ID.
(c) A gift from her father, it makes her sentimental.
(d) She finds a picture of her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. To Ben, the day of the hijacking begins as __________________.
2. What does Miro think of Artkin's plan?
3. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
4. Who has Ben's father been speaking with?
5. What is a third thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)