|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kate put this object?
(a) Hides it in her bra.
(b) She puts it in her shoe.
(c) In her pocket.
(d) In her sock.
2. Why is Miro concerned about the bus' location?
(a) He thinks that they have set themsleves up for a trap.
(b) There is no where to collect supplies.
(c) He does not know how they will make outside contact with others.
(d) He thinks it will be easy for the hotsages to escape.
3. What does Ben seem to be contemplating?
(a) Killing his father.
(c) The death of his mother.
(d) Going to college.
4. In the Seventies, what was a common occurrence in America?
(a) Terrorist hijackings.
(b) Bell bottom jeans.
(d) Serial killings.
5. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He has refused to eat the candy.
(b) He is behaving really well.
(c) He is giving her courage.
(d) He wants to attack the terrorists.
6. Why do the terrorists take the dead child outside?
(a) Kate begs them to move the body.
(b) They don't want a dead body rotting up the bus
(c) All the children are crying, so they need to move the body.
(d) They want to prove they are not afraid to kill children.
7. To Ben, the day of the hijacking begins as __________________.
(a) A horrible day.
(b) An exciting day.
(c) An awesome day.
(d) A normal day.
8. Who is in charge with negotiations with the military?
(a) The General.
(d) Michael Jedde.
9. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) An email account.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A pen and paper.
10. What does Kate gain by Raymond's deception?
(a) A partner in crime.
(b) A helping hand.
(c) Hope that they will survive.
(d) Fear that he will act out.
11. What does Miro notice about the mountains?
(a) He sees snipers taking their places.
(b) He notices wild animals out in the woods.
(c) They do provide excellent cover.
(d) They do not provide good cover.
12. Why does Kate feel angry that she is on the bus?
(a) She was supposed to go to the beach today.
(b) She thinks the hijackers have some nerve taking over the bus.
(c) She normally does not drive this bus route.
(d) She thinks she is too young to die.
13. What has Raymond attempted to do to the hijackers?
(a) Kick one of the terrorists.
(b) Attack one of the hijackers.
(c) Help Kate take over the weapons.
(d) Foil their plan and pretend he is asleep.
14. What has Miro successfully completed?
(a) His high school GED.
(b) His board exams.
(c) His acceptance into a Middle Eastern training camp.
(d) All of the tests assigned to him by Artkin.
15. Despite Kate's objections, what does Artkin give the children?
(a) Stale food.
(b) Inappropriate books.
(c) More candy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What excites Miro although his brother is already dead?
2. What does Miro and Artkin's relationship resemble?
3. Why do they decide not to immediately kill the bus driver?
4. What does Kate suffer from?
5. At what time should Artikin's action happen?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)