|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ben assume that love happened?
(a) The exact way that Ben's mother and father fell in love.
(b) It happens between two people and goes both ways.
(c) Only between adults.
(d) One person chases after the other.
2. What is the dead child's name?
(a) Kevin McMann.
(b) Charles McCain.
(c) Charles McMann.
(d) Kevin Charles.
3. Where did Ben grow up?
(a) With his Aunt Kelly.
(b) In NYC.
(c) With his mother in the country.
(d) On a military base.
4. Why do the terrorists take the dead child outside?
(a) Kate begs them to move the body.
(b) All the children are crying, so they need to move the body.
(c) They don't want a dead body rotting up the bus
(d) They want to prove they are not afraid to kill children.
5. According to Artkin, what will promote their cause?
(a) If they all survive.
(b) If they kill all of the children.
(c) If they all die for the cause.
(d) If they are able to free their leader.
6. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He wants to attack the terrorists.
(b) He has refused to eat the candy.
(c) He is giving her courage.
(d) He is behaving really well.
7. What is one thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) They want to get money.
(b) Their own country to rule.
(c) They hope to get weapons.
(d) They wish to free political prisoners.
8. How are the children forced to go to the bathroom?
(a) Outside of the bus.
(b) In their seats.
(c) In a pail.
(d) In a bathroom.
9. Why does this hijacking scare Miro?
(a) It is different than other terrorist activities he has been involved in.
(b) He wishes that Artkin would have chosen another location.
(c) Because he has never done anything like this before.
(d) He does not trust Artkin.
10. What has Miro never seen?
(a) A woman's leg.
(c) His homeland.
(d) His brother.
11. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
(a) Planes flying overhead.
(b) Rustling in the forest.
(c) Trucks crushing rocks.
(d) The sounds of a helicopter.
12. How many people will work to hijack the bus?
(a) Ten men.
(b) Four men.
(c) A team of two people.
(d) Just one man.
13. When was the first time that Ben had ever heard of the Inner Delta?
(a) After school on a nice fall day.
(b) When he was about 20 years old.
(c) The morning of the hijacking.
(d) He overheard his father's conversation on the phone.
14. What is a third thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) The re-establishment of their ruler.
(b) Their own country to rule.
(c) Exposure of Inner Delta.
(d) Power from NATO.
15. What else does Miro tell Kate about concerning his home?
(a) He hates his home.
(b) He is enjoying America and might not want to go home.
(c) He will do anything to return to his homeland.
(d) He misses the people from his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Miro expected to die?
2. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
3. In this section, what does the reader begin to understand about Ben's story?
4. By talking to Miro, what does Kate realize?
5. What did Ben's father work as?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)