|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Raymond attempted to do to the hijackers?
(a) Help Kate take over the weapons.
(b) Attack one of the hijackers.
(c) Kick one of the terrorists.
(d) Foil their plan and pretend he is asleep.
2. How has Miro grown up?
(a) With his mother in a small country.
(b) On the streets of NYC.
(c) In a terrorist cell.
(d) With only his brother.
3. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) An email account.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A pen and paper.
4. To Ben, the day of the hijacking begins as __________________.
(a) An awesome day.
(b) A normal day.
(c) An exciting day.
(d) A horrible day.
5. Why is Ben excited and nervous to see his father?
(a) Is it the first time he has been able to see his father since the bus hijacking.
(b) His father was very abusive. Ben is nervous.
(c) His father has always been very important to him.
(d) His father will be bringing his mother who he has not seen for a while.
6. How does Miro cover the bus' windows?
(a) Miro uses tape to cover the windows of the bus.
(b) He uses paper to cover the windows.
(c) He uses newspaper.
(d) Miro uses the children's homework pages.
7. Why does this hijacking scare Miro?
(a) He wishes that Artkin would have chosen another location.
(b) He does not trust Artkin.
(c) Because he has never done anything like this before.
(d) It is different than other terrorist activities he has been involved in.
8. At what age was Miro expected to die?
(a) 10 years old.
(b) 18 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 20 years old.
9. Who is responsible for these three teenagers' problems?
(b) Other children.
(c) The government.
10. What does Miro notice about the mountains?
(a) They do not provide good cover.
(b) He sees snipers taking their places.
(c) They do provide excellent cover.
(d) He notices wild animals out in the woods.
11. When was the first time that Ben had ever heard of the Inner Delta?
(a) After school on a nice fall day.
(b) The morning of the hijacking.
(c) He overheard his father's conversation on the phone.
(d) When he was about 20 years old.
12. What has Miro never seen?
(a) A woman's leg.
(c) His homeland.
(d) His brother.
13. What does Ben realize as he types his story?
(a) He is hoping he can fix the relationship with his mother.
(b) He is dreading his father's visit.
(c) He wishes that he had more direction in his life.
(d) He hopes that Nettie will go on a date with him.
14. What moves into the woods around the bus?
(a) Scary animals.
(d) Bomb experts.
15. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
(a) A visit from his mother and father.
(b) A first date.
(c) A test he must take.
(d) A meeting with a dean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miro think of Artkin's plan?
2. Why is Miro concerned about the bus' location?
3. What does Kate remember about Miro?
4. How are Miro and Ben alike in a sense?
5. Why is Miro surprised when he meets the driver?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)