|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what time period is the novel set?
2. How do the terrorists dispose of the dead body?
(a) They burn it.
(b) They tie it up.
(c) They dump it in the river.
(d) They lower the body over the side of the bridge.
3. Why does this hijacking scare Miro?
(a) It is different than other terrorist activities he has been involved in.
(b) He does not trust Artkin.
(c) He wishes that Artkin would have chosen another location.
(d) Because he has never done anything like this before.
4. Did Nettie seem to be in love with Ben?
(a) No she did not return the feelings when he called.
(b) No, she is actually dating someone else.
(c) Yes, she is very interested in Ben.
(d) Yes, she is already planning on marrying Ben.
5. To what group does his father belong?
(a) Black Ops.
(b) Inner Delta.
6. How many times will Sedeete send his signal between now and nine am?
(a) Three times.
(b) Four times.
(c) One time.
(d) Two times.
7. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He is behaving really well.
(b) He wants to attack the terrorists.
(c) He is giving her courage.
(d) He has refused to eat the candy.
8. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) A cell phone.
(b) An email account.
(c) A pen and paper.
(d) A typewriter.
9. What is a second thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) Their own country to rule.
(b) The re-establishment of their ruler.
(c) Money that will help continue their fight for freedom.
(d) They want weapons.
10. The hijackers give the children candy, but what is wrong with it?
(a) It is laced with LSD.
(b) The candy holds a lot of nutritents.
(c) The chemicals in the candy will prevent the children from going to the bathroom.
(d) It contains a drug to sedate them.
11. Who is in charge with negotiations with the military?
(b) The General.
(d) Michael Jedde.
12. What moves into the woods around the bus?
(b) Bomb experts.
(c) Scary animals.
13. How many people will work to hijack the bus?
(a) Just one man.
(b) A team of two people.
(c) Four men.
(d) Ten men.
14. What is the General's name when he is doing Inner Delta business?
15. Why did the hijackers want money?
(a) To give money back to their government.
(b) To free some political prisoners.
(c) To buy expensive things.
(d) They need money to get back to their home country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Miro never seen?
2. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
3. Where is the bus taken?
4. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
5. What else does Miro tell Kate about concerning his home?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)