|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
(a) Guilt about something.
(b) Wanting to be accepted by everyone.
(c) A longing for love.
(d) Finding a place for him to fit in.
2. To what group does his father belong?
(c) Black Ops.
(d) Inner Delta.
3. Why is Miro anxious about the hijacking?
(a) He is questioning the hostage situation.
(b) He wants everything to go according to plan.
(c) He wishes he knew more about the plan.
(d) He wants to look good in front of his boss.
4. Why is Miro surprised when he meets the driver?
(a) The female driver pays him respect.
(b) The driver gives him a lot of attitude.
(c) Because she is a female no younger than himself.
(d) The driver is his age.
5. What did the hijackers want to do with Inner Delta?
(a) They hope to have the poilcies the govern the group changed.
(b) They want to be a part of the group.
(c) They wanted to expose the group.
(d) They want to kill all of the members.
6. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He is behaving really well.
(b) He is giving her courage.
(c) He wants to attack the terrorists.
(d) He has refused to eat the candy.
7. What is a second thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) The re-establishment of their ruler.
(b) Money that will help continue their fight for freedom.
(c) Their own country to rule.
(d) They want weapons.
8. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His plan making ability.
(c) His looks.
(d) His ability to communicate with others.
9. Despite Kate's objections, what does Artkin give the children?
(a) More candy.
(c) Inappropriate books.
(d) Stale food.
10. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
(a) When his mother introduced him to a young woman she works with.
(b) At the YMCA outside of Hallowell.
(c) The summer of the hijacking at the pool.
(d) At the movie theatre.
11. What moves into the woods around the bus?
(b) Bomb experts.
(c) Scary animals.
12. Because Miro has taken part in other terrorist cases, what does this prove about him?
(a) He has a soft side that is dying to come out.
(b) Terrorism is not a whim, but a way of live.
(c) He wants to fit in with other terrorists.
(d) He hopes that he could get out of the terrorism game.
13. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
(a) He is living through the actual day of the hijacking.
(b) He is fighting the realization that his brother is dead.
(c) He is wishing he was not a part of this plan.
(d) He has decided to kill himself.
14. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
(a) North America.
15. At what age was Miro expected to die?
(a) 20 years old.
(b) 15 years old.
(c) 18 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Miro concerned about the bus' location?
2. What does Kate wonder about in this section?
3. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
4. How has Miro grown up?
5. According to Artkin, what will promote their cause?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)