|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the General's name when he is doing Inner Delta business?
2. Why does this hijacking scare Miro?
(a) He does not trust Artkin.
(b) It is different than other terrorist activities he has been involved in.
(c) He wishes that Artkin would have chosen another location.
(d) Because he has never done anything like this before.
3. What moves into the woods around the bus?
(a) Scary animals.
(d) Bomb experts.
4. What is Miro eager for?
(a) He wants a chance to lead all of the terrorists.
(b) The chance to prove himself to others.
(c) To get to know a woman.
(d) He wishes to be treated as an equal to his terrorist leaders.
5. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His plan making ability.
(c) His looks.
(d) His ability to communicate with others.
6. What has Miro never seen?
(a) This American city.
(b) His homeland.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
7. When will they hijack the bus?
(a) From the school yard.
(b) After they have thrown the driver out of the bus.
(c) From the bus parking garage.
(d) After the final child as been picked up.
8. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
(a) Finding a place for him to fit in.
(b) Guilt about something.
(c) Wanting to be accepted by everyone.
(d) A longing for love.
9. Why did the hijackers want money?
(a) To buy expensive things.
(b) To free some political prisoners.
(c) To give money back to their government.
(d) They need money to get back to their home country.
10. To what group does his father belong?
(a) Inner Delta.
(c) Black Ops.
11. If Sedeete does not hear the signal, what should Artkin do?
(a) Kill one child at a time.
(b) Torture the children.
(c) Kill Kate.
(d) Kill all the children.
12. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
(a) To distract him so that she can make some escape plans.
(b) She wants him to see her as a human being.
(c) She thinks he is attractive.
(d) She sees an important person in him.
13. Why do they decide not to immediately kill the bus driver?
(a) They would like to kill her first.
(b) They want to take advatange of her sexually.
(c) She will be good leverage for keeping the children from revolting.
(d) To keep the children calm.
14. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
(a) Artkin will start killing his hostages.
(b) The leader is coming to talk to him.
(c) The leader has finally found them.
(d) The ambush on the terrorist camp.
15. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
(a) Artkin tries to beat one of the children.
(b) Kate is beaten because she won't be quiet.
(c) One of the children dies from the drugs in the candy.
(d) Miro gets in trouble for talking to Kate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miro notice about the mountains?
2. In the Seventies, what was a common occurrence in America?
3. Why do the terrorists take the dead child outside?
4. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
5. Where does Kate put this object?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)