|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miro think it is right for him to commit murder?
(a) Because their cause is the only thing that matters.
(b) In the name of freedom.
(c) He thinks killing feels good.
(d) He doesn't think, he just wants to kill.
2. Where does Kate put this object?
(a) She puts it in her shoe.
(b) In her pocket.
(c) In her sock.
(d) Hides it in her bra.
3. In the Seventies, what was a common occurrence in America?
(b) Terrorist hijackings.
(c) Bell bottom jeans.
(d) Serial killings.
4. As Chapter 5 begins, what does Ben hope he can gain from his father?
5. What is the General's name when he is doing Inner Delta business?
6. How are Miro and Ben alike in a sense?
(a) They are both scared of other men who are in power.
(b) They are both young men who do not know how to deal with the problems they have been dealt.
(c) Miro, like Ben, is struggling to grow up and deal with adult problems.
(d) They both look very similar to one another.
7. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
(a) She sees an important person in him.
(b) She wants him to see her as a human being.
(c) She thinks he is attractive.
(d) To distract him so that she can make some escape plans.
8. To what group does his father belong?
(c) Black Ops.
(d) Inner Delta.
9. Why do the terrorists take the dead child outside?
(a) All the children are crying, so they need to move the body.
(b) They want to prove they are not afraid to kill children.
(c) Kate begs them to move the body.
(d) They don't want a dead body rotting up the bus
10. Where is the bus taken?
(a) To an abandoned farmhouse.
(b) To an abandoned railroad.
(c) To the outside of the school.
(d) To an abandoned air field.
11. What is a second thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) They want weapons.
(b) Their own country to rule.
(c) Money that will help continue their fight for freedom.
(d) The re-establishment of their ruler.
12. What moves into the woods around the bus?
(b) Bomb experts.
(d) Scary animals.
13. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
(a) Guilt about something.
(b) A longing for love.
(c) Finding a place for him to fit in.
(d) Wanting to be accepted by everyone.
14. What is one thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) Their own country to rule.
(b) They want to get money.
(c) They hope to get weapons.
(d) They wish to free political prisoners.
15. How are the children forced to go to the bathroom?
(a) Outside of the bus.
(b) In a pail.
(c) In a bathroom.
(d) In their seats.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
2. What is Kate hopeful for?
3. What is the bus driver's name?
4. Why does this hijacking scare Miro?
5. What was the name of Ben's home?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)