|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the hijackers want money?
(a) To buy expensive things.
(b) They need money to get back to their home country.
(c) To free some political prisoners.
(d) To give money back to their government.
2. At what age was Miro expected to die?
(a) 15 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 18 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
3. Why do they decide not to immediately kill the bus driver?
(a) To keep the children calm.
(b) They want to take advatange of her sexually.
(c) She will be good leverage for keeping the children from revolting.
(d) They would like to kill her first.
4. How are the children forced to go to the bathroom?
(a) In their seats.
(b) Outside of the bus.
(c) In a bathroom.
(d) In a pail.
5. What is Miro eager for?
(a) The chance to prove himself to others.
(b) To get to know a woman.
(c) He wishes to be treated as an equal to his terrorist leaders.
(d) He wants a chance to lead all of the terrorists.
6. Who has Ben's father been speaking with?
(a) Ben's friends.
(b) All of Ben's teacher.
(c) Ben's mother.
(d) The dean of the school.
7. Why does this hijacking scare Miro?
(a) It is different than other terrorist activities he has been involved in.
(b) He wishes that Artkin would have chosen another location.
(c) He does not trust Artkin.
(d) Because he has never done anything like this before.
8. What does Ben realize as he types his story?
(a) He is dreading his father's visit.
(b) He is hoping he can fix the relationship with his mother.
(c) He wishes that he had more direction in his life.
(d) He hopes that Nettie will go on a date with him.
9. Why does Kate feel angry that she is on the bus?
(a) She normally does not drive this bus route.
(b) She thinks the hijackers have some nerve taking over the bus.
(c) She thinks she is too young to die.
(d) She was supposed to go to the beach today.
10. Where does Kate put this object?
(a) In her sock.
(b) Hides it in her bra.
(c) She puts it in her shoe.
(d) In her pocket.
11. What does Miro notice about the mountains?
(a) He notices wild animals out in the woods.
(b) They do not provide good cover.
(c) He sees snipers taking their places.
(d) They do provide excellent cover.
12. In what time period is the novel set?
13. When was the first time that Ben had ever heard of the Inner Delta?
(a) The morning of the hijacking.
(b) After school on a nice fall day.
(c) When he was about 20 years old.
(d) He overheard his father's conversation on the phone.
14. What does Miro and Artkin's relationship resemble?
(b) That of a father and son.
(c) An uncle and nephew.
(d) Two very close friends.
15. How did Ben assume that love happened?
(a) The exact way that Ben's mother and father fell in love.
(b) One person chases after the other.
(c) Only between adults.
(d) It happens between two people and goes both ways.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Nettie seem to be in love with Ben?
2. What moves into the woods around the bus?
3. What is the dead child's name?
4. How many people will work to hijack the bus?
5. In this section, what does the reader begin to understand about Ben's story?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)