|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miro tell Kate about?
(a) He tells her about his childhood.
(b) The memories he has of his mother.
(c) His missing father.
(d) About his brother.
2. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
(a) A longing for love.
(b) Wanting to be accepted by everyone.
(c) Guilt about something.
(d) Finding a place for him to fit in.
3. At what time should Artikin's action happen?
4. What is Ben very eager to find?
(a) Peace with his father.
5. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
(a) She sees an important person in him.
(b) She wants him to see her as a human being.
(c) She thinks he is attractive.
(d) To distract him so that she can make some escape plans.
6. Where is the bus taken?
(a) To an abandoned railroad.
(b) To the outside of the school.
(c) To an abandoned farmhouse.
(d) To an abandoned air field.
7. Because Miro has taken part in other terrorist cases, what does this prove about him?
(a) He hopes that he could get out of the terrorism game.
(b) He wants to fit in with other terrorists.
(c) Terrorism is not a whim, but a way of live.
(d) He has a soft side that is dying to come out.
8. What does Kate hope she can do to save the day?
(a) She hopes that she can drive the bus off the bridge.
(b) She hopes to distract Miro and make an escape with Ray.
(c) She wants to make a run for it.
(d) She will try to steal a gun and kill the terrorists.
9. Why is Miro concerned about the bus' location?
(a) He does not know how they will make outside contact with others.
(b) There is no where to collect supplies.
(c) He thinks that they have set themsleves up for a trap.
(d) He thinks it will be easy for the hotsages to escape.
10. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
(b) North America.
11. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
(a) His plan making ability.
(b) His ability to communicate with others.
(c) His intelligence.
(d) His looks.
12. What did Ben's father work as?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Attorney General
(c) Brigadier General.
(d) A security guard.
13. Why is Miro surprised when he meets the driver?
(a) The driver gives him a lot of attitude.
(b) The female driver pays him respect.
(c) The driver is his age.
(d) Because she is a female no younger than himself.
14. What is Kate hopeful for?
(a) She hopes she can connect with Miro.
(b) She hopes she will get to see her family again.
(c) She hopes there will soon be a rescue.
(d) She hopes she will die quickly.
15. What is a third thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) Their own country to rule.
(b) Power from NATO.
(c) The re-establishment of their ruler.
(d) Exposure of Inner Delta.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miro cover the bus' windows?
2. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
3. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
4. As Chapter 5 begins, what does Ben hope he can gain from his father?
5. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)