|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) Their own country to rule.
(b) They want to get money.
(c) They wish to free political prisoners.
(d) They hope to get weapons.
2. Why is Ben excited and nervous to see his father?
(a) Is it the first time he has been able to see his father since the bus hijacking.
(b) His father will be bringing his mother who he has not seen for a while.
(c) His father was very abusive. Ben is nervous.
(d) His father has always been very important to him.
3. In Miro's life, who has died?
(a) His brother and parents.
(b) His entire family.
(c) His freinds from school.
(d) His best friend.
4. According to Artkin, what will promote their cause?
(a) If they all survive.
(b) If they kill all of the children.
(c) If they are able to free their leader.
(d) If they all die for the cause.
5. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He has refused to eat the candy.
(b) He is behaving really well.
(c) He wants to attack the terrorists.
(d) He is giving her courage.
6. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
(a) A meeting with a dean.
(b) A test he must take.
(c) A visit from his mother and father.
(d) A first date.
7. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
(a) The ambush on the terrorist camp.
(b) The leader has finally found them.
(c) Artkin will start killing his hostages.
(d) The leader is coming to talk to him.
8. The hijackers give the children candy, but what is wrong with it?
(a) The candy holds a lot of nutritents.
(b) It contains a drug to sedate them.
(c) It is laced with LSD.
(d) The chemicals in the candy will prevent the children from going to the bathroom.
9. How are the two characters' days contrasting with one another?
(a) Ben is living the normal American life, while Miro is fighting for his country's freedom.
(b) Ben rushes between classes at school while Miro rushes to help Artkin kill others.
(c) Miro longs to lead others, while Ben wishes to follow.
(d) Ben is fighting for the love of a girl, Miro is fighting for respect.
10. How many people will work to hijack the bus?
(a) Four men.
(b) Just one man.
(c) Ten men.
(d) A team of two people.
11. Why is Miro surprised when he meets the driver?
(a) Because she is a female no younger than himself.
(b) The driver is his age.
(c) The female driver pays him respect.
(d) The driver gives him a lot of attitude.
12. At what time should Artikin's action happen?
13. What is Kate hopeful for?
(a) She hopes she can connect with Miro.
(b) She hopes she will die quickly.
(c) She hopes there will soon be a rescue.
(d) She hopes she will get to see her family again.
14. What has Miro never seen?
(a) This American city.
(b) His homeland.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
15. What did the hijackers want to do with Inner Delta?
(a) They hope to have the poilcies the govern the group changed.
(b) They wanted to expose the group.
(c) They want to kill all of the members.
(d) They want to be a part of the group.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
2. What is the bus driver's name?
3. What does Kate gain by Raymond's deception?
4. What does Miro and Artkin's relationship resemble?
5. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
This section contains 614 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)