|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Miro eager for?
(a) To get to know a woman.
(b) He wishes to be treated as an equal to his terrorist leaders.
(c) He wants a chance to lead all of the terrorists.
(d) The chance to prove himself to others.
2. What does Kate wonder about in this section?
(a) Her family.
(b) Whether or not she can save the children.
(c) Her job.
(d) Her future.
3. What does Ben seem to be contemplating?
(b) Going to college.
(c) Killing his father.
(d) The death of his mother.
4. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
(a) The sounds of a helicopter.
(b) Trucks crushing rocks.
(c) Rustling in the forest.
(d) Planes flying overhead.
5. Who is in charge with negotiations with the military?
(b) Michael Jedde.
(c) The General.
6. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) A pen and paper.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) An email account.
(d) A typewriter.
7. How many times will Sedeete send his signal between now and nine am?
(a) Four times.
(b) One time.
(c) Two times.
(d) Three times.
8. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
(a) A first date.
(b) A test he must take.
(c) A meeting with a dean.
(d) A visit from his mother and father.
9. How are Miro and Ben alike in a sense?
(a) They both look very similar to one another.
(b) They are both scared of other men who are in power.
(c) Miro, like Ben, is struggling to grow up and deal with adult problems.
(d) They are both young men who do not know how to deal with the problems they have been dealt.
10. According to Artkin, what will promote their cause?
(a) If they all die for the cause.
(b) If they all survive.
(c) If they are able to free their leader.
(d) If they kill all of the children.
11. Who is responsible for these three teenagers' problems?
(a) The government.
(d) Other children.
12. What is the driver now fighting for?
(a) Her right to protect herself.
(b) The ability to see her fiance again.
(c) Her life.
(d) Her life and the life of all the children.
13. How are the children forced to go to the bathroom?
(a) In a bathroom.
(b) In a pail.
(c) Outside of the bus.
(d) In their seats.
14. As Chapter 5 begins, what does Ben hope he can gain from his father?
15. What does Miro think of Artkin's plan?
(a) He hopes he will be able to help carry the plan out.
(b) He is worried the plan has not been fully thought out.
(c) He thinks parts of the plan could be improved.
(d) He thinks that Artkin is very intelligent and the plan is good.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Kate put this object?
2. In Miro's life, who has died?
3. Where is the bus taken?
4. When was the first time that Ben had ever heard of the Inner Delta?
5. What has Miro successfully completed?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)