|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Miro and Ben alike in a sense?
(a) Miro, like Ben, is struggling to grow up and deal with adult problems.
(b) They are both young men who do not know how to deal with the problems they have been dealt.
(c) They are both scared of other men who are in power.
(d) They both look very similar to one another.
2. Who has Ben's father been speaking with?
(a) The dean of the school.
(b) Ben's mother.
(c) All of Ben's teacher.
(d) Ben's friends.
3. When was the first time that Ben had ever heard of the Inner Delta?
(a) When he was about 20 years old.
(b) He overheard his father's conversation on the phone.
(c) After school on a nice fall day.
(d) The morning of the hijacking.
4. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
(c) North America.
5. Why does Kate feel angry that she is on the bus?
(a) She normally does not drive this bus route.
(b) She thinks she is too young to die.
(c) She was supposed to go to the beach today.
(d) She thinks the hijackers have some nerve taking over the bus.
6. As Chapter 5 begins, what does Ben hope he can gain from his father?
7. What has Miro successfully completed?
(a) His acceptance into a Middle Eastern training camp.
(b) His board exams.
(c) His high school GED.
(d) All of the tests assigned to him by Artkin.
8. Why is Miro concerned about the bus' location?
(a) There is no where to collect supplies.
(b) He does not know how they will make outside contact with others.
(c) He thinks that they have set themsleves up for a trap.
(d) He thinks it will be easy for the hotsages to escape.
9. Where does Kate put this object?
(a) Hides it in her bra.
(b) She puts it in her shoe.
(c) In her pocket.
(d) In her sock.
10. What is Kate hopeful for?
(a) She hopes she can connect with Miro.
(b) She hopes she will die quickly.
(c) She hopes she will get to see her family again.
(d) She hopes there will soon be a rescue.
11. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) An email account.
(b) A cell phone.
(c) A pen and paper.
(d) A typewriter.
12. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
(a) The sounds of a helicopter.
(b) Trucks crushing rocks.
(c) Planes flying overhead.
(d) Rustling in the forest.
13. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
(a) He is living through the actual day of the hijacking.
(b) He has decided to kill himself.
(c) He is fighting the realization that his brother is dead.
(d) He is wishing he was not a part of this plan.
14. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
(a) The summer of the hijacking at the pool.
(b) At the movie theatre.
(c) When his mother introduced him to a young woman she works with.
(d) At the YMCA outside of Hallowell.
15. In the Seventies, what was a common occurrence in America?
(b) Terrorist hijackings.
(c) Bell bottom jeans.
(d) Serial killings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the children forced to go to the bathroom?
2. Who is in charge with negotiations with the military?
3. Where did Ben grow up?
4. What does Ben seem to be contemplating?
5. Why is Miro surprised when he meets the driver?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)