|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ben very eager to find?
(c) Peace with his father.
2. What does Miro think of Artkin's plan?
(a) He thinks that Artkin is very intelligent and the plan is good.
(b) He is worried the plan has not been fully thought out.
(c) He hopes he will be able to help carry the plan out.
(d) He thinks parts of the plan could be improved.
3. Why is Ben excited and nervous to see his father?
(a) His father will be bringing his mother who he has not seen for a while.
(b) His father was very abusive. Ben is nervous.
(c) His father has always been very important to him.
(d) Is it the first time he has been able to see his father since the bus hijacking.
4. What is the General's name when he is doing Inner Delta business?
5. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
(a) A first date.
(b) A visit from his mother and father.
(c) A meeting with a dean.
(d) A test he must take.
6. What is a second thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) Their own country to rule.
(b) They want weapons.
(c) The re-establishment of their ruler.
(d) Money that will help continue their fight for freedom.
7. What does Kate hope she can do to save the day?
(a) She hopes to distract Miro and make an escape with Ray.
(b) She wants to make a run for it.
(c) She hopes that she can drive the bus off the bridge.
(d) She will try to steal a gun and kill the terrorists.
8. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
(a) North America.
9. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
(a) His looks.
(b) His plan making ability.
(c) His ability to communicate with others.
(d) His intelligence.
10. What does Miro and Artkin's relationship resemble?
(a) That of a father and son.
(c) Two very close friends.
(d) An uncle and nephew.
11. Did Nettie seem to be in love with Ben?
(a) Yes, she is already planning on marrying Ben.
(b) No she did not return the feelings when he called.
(c) Yes, she is very interested in Ben.
(d) No, she is actually dating someone else.
12. What does Kate wonder about in this section?
(a) Her job.
(b) Her family.
(c) Whether or not she can save the children.
(d) Her future.
13. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
(a) She thinks he is attractive.
(b) To distract him so that she can make some escape plans.
(c) She sees an important person in him.
(d) She wants him to see her as a human being.
14. Why is Miro concerned about the bus' location?
(a) He thinks it will be easy for the hotsages to escape.
(b) He does not know how they will make outside contact with others.
(c) There is no where to collect supplies.
(d) He thinks that they have set themsleves up for a trap.
15. How are Miro and Ben alike in a sense?
(a) They both look very similar to one another.
(b) They are both young men who do not know how to deal with the problems they have been dealt.
(c) Miro, like Ben, is struggling to grow up and deal with adult problems.
(d) They are both scared of other men who are in power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
2. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
3. Early in the morning what does Miro wait for?
4. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
5. In what time period is the novel set?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)