|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
(a) She thinks he is attractive.
(b) She sees an important person in him.
(c) To distract him so that she can make some escape plans.
(d) She wants him to see her as a human being.
2. By talking to Miro, what does Kate realize?
(a) He has children.
(b) He is a monster who is trapped in the innocence of never knowing another life.
(c) He is actually a nice man who has had a lot of mishaps through life.
(d) He is an innocent.
3. How are the two characters' days contrasting with one another?
(a) Ben is living the normal American life, while Miro is fighting for his country's freedom.
(b) Ben rushes between classes at school while Miro rushes to help Artkin kill others.
(c) Ben is fighting for the love of a girl, Miro is fighting for respect.
(d) Miro longs to lead others, while Ben wishes to follow.
4. How does Miro cover the bus' windows?
(a) Miro uses the children's homework pages.
(b) He uses paper to cover the windows.
(c) He uses newspaper.
(d) Miro uses tape to cover the windows of the bus.
5. Where does Kate put this object?
(a) Hides it in her bra.
(b) In her pocket.
(c) In her sock.
(d) She puts it in her shoe.
6. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
(a) At the movie theatre.
(b) At the YMCA outside of Hallowell.
(c) When his mother introduced him to a young woman she works with.
(d) The summer of the hijacking at the pool.
7. How did Ben assume that love happened?
(a) It happens between two people and goes both ways.
(b) One person chases after the other.
(c) The exact way that Ben's mother and father fell in love.
(d) Only between adults.
8. What does Ben realize as he types his story?
(a) He is dreading his father's visit.
(b) He wishes that he had more direction in his life.
(c) He hopes that Nettie will go on a date with him.
(d) He is hoping he can fix the relationship with his mother.
9. What is a second thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) Money that will help continue their fight for freedom.
(b) Their own country to rule.
(c) They want weapons.
(d) The re-establishment of their ruler.
10. What does Kate suffer from?
(a) A weak bladder.
(b) A sore throat.
(c) A heart condition.
(d) Horrible headaches.
11. What is the dead child's name?
(a) Charles McMann.
(b) Charles McCain.
(c) Kevin Charles.
(d) Kevin McMann.
12. What has Miro never seen?
(b) His homeland.
(c) A woman's leg.
(d) His brother.
13. What does Kate remember about Miro?
(a) He does not turn her in for going to the bathroom.
(b) He has no interest in women.
(c) He has a soft side.
(d) He is very conservative.
14. When will they hijack the bus?
(a) After they have thrown the driver out of the bus.
(b) After the final child as been picked up.
(c) From the school yard.
(d) From the bus parking garage.
15. What moves into the woods around the bus?
(b) Bomb experts.
(d) Scary animals.
Short Answer Questions
1. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
2. According to Artkin, what will promote their cause?
3. Why does Miro think it is right for him to commit murder?
4. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
5. In what time period is the novel set?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)