|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Raymond attempted to do to the hijackers?
(a) Help Kate take over the weapons.
(b) Kick one of the terrorists.
(c) Foil their plan and pretend he is asleep.
(d) Attack one of the hijackers.
2. In what time period is the novel set?
3. What does Miro think of Artkin's plan?
(a) He is worried the plan has not been fully thought out.
(b) He hopes he will be able to help carry the plan out.
(c) He thinks that Artkin is very intelligent and the plan is good.
(d) He thinks parts of the plan could be improved.
4. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
(a) A test he must take.
(b) A visit from his mother and father.
(c) A first date.
(d) A meeting with a dean.
5. What did the hijackers want to do with Inner Delta?
(a) They hope to have the poilcies the govern the group changed.
(b) They want to be a part of the group.
(c) They want to kill all of the members.
(d) They wanted to expose the group.
6. What does Kate wonder about in this section?
(a) Her future.
(b) Her family.
(c) Whether or not she can save the children.
(d) Her job.
7. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He wants to attack the terrorists.
(b) He is behaving really well.
(c) He is giving her courage.
(d) He has refused to eat the candy.
8. The hijackers give the children candy, but what is wrong with it?
(a) The chemicals in the candy will prevent the children from going to the bathroom.
(b) The candy holds a lot of nutritents.
(c) It contains a drug to sedate them.
(d) It is laced with LSD.
9. What is one thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) They want to get money.
(b) They wish to free political prisoners.
(c) Their own country to rule.
(d) They hope to get weapons.
10. At what age was Miro expected to die?
(a) 18 years old.
(b) 20 years old.
(c) 15 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
11. How are Miro and Ben alike in a sense?
(a) Miro, like Ben, is struggling to grow up and deal with adult problems.
(b) They are both scared of other men who are in power.
(c) They are both young men who do not know how to deal with the problems they have been dealt.
(d) They both look very similar to one another.
12. In the Seventies, what was a common occurrence in America?
(a) Serial killings.
(c) Bell bottom jeans.
(d) Terrorist hijackings.
13. What is Kate hopeful for?
(a) She hopes she will get to see her family again.
(b) She hopes there will soon be a rescue.
(c) She hopes she can connect with Miro.
(d) She hopes she will die quickly.
14. At what time should Artikin's action happen?
15. Who is responsible for these three teenagers' problems?
(c) Other children.
(d) The government.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miro cover the bus' windows?
2. What is a second thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
3. If Sedeete does not hear the signal, what should Artkin do?
4. Why is Miro concerned about the bus' location?
5. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
This section contains 625 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)