|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben realize as he types his story?
(a) He is dreading his father's visit.
(b) He wishes that he had more direction in his life.
(c) He is hoping he can fix the relationship with his mother.
(d) He hopes that Nettie will go on a date with him.
2. Why is Miro concerned about the bus' location?
(a) He thinks it will be easy for the hotsages to escape.
(b) There is no where to collect supplies.
(c) He thinks that they have set themsleves up for a trap.
(d) He does not know how they will make outside contact with others.
3. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
(d) North America.
4. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
(a) Trucks crushing rocks.
(b) The sounds of a helicopter.
(c) Planes flying overhead.
(d) Rustling in the forest.
5. What does Miro think of Artkin's plan?
(a) He hopes he will be able to help carry the plan out.
(b) He is worried the plan has not been fully thought out.
(c) He thinks parts of the plan could be improved.
(d) He thinks that Artkin is very intelligent and the plan is good.
6. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He wants to attack the terrorists.
(b) He has refused to eat the candy.
(c) He is giving her courage.
(d) He is behaving really well.
7. What did Ben's father work as?
(a) Secretary of State.
(b) Brigadier General.
(c) A security guard.
(d) Attorney General
8. How did Ben assume that love happened?
(a) The exact way that Ben's mother and father fell in love.
(b) It happens between two people and goes both ways.
(c) One person chases after the other.
(d) Only between adults.
9. What is one thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) They wish to free political prisoners.
(b) Their own country to rule.
(c) They want to get money.
(d) They hope to get weapons.
10. Did Nettie seem to be in love with Ben?
(a) Yes, she is already planning on marrying Ben.
(b) Yes, she is very interested in Ben.
(c) No, she is actually dating someone else.
(d) No she did not return the feelings when he called.
11. Why do they decide not to immediately kill the bus driver?
(a) They want to take advatange of her sexually.
(b) She will be good leverage for keeping the children from revolting.
(c) They would like to kill her first.
(d) To keep the children calm.
12. By talking to Miro, what does Kate realize?
(a) He has children.
(b) He is actually a nice man who has had a lot of mishaps through life.
(c) He is a monster who is trapped in the innocence of never knowing another life.
(d) He is an innocent.
13. What else does Miro tell Kate about concerning his home?
(a) He is enjoying America and might not want to go home.
(b) He hates his home.
(c) He misses the people from his home.
(d) He will do anything to return to his homeland.
14. Early in the morning what does Miro wait for?
(a) The orange school bus.
(b) A limo.
(c) A blue SUV.
(d) The black town car.
15. As Chapter 5 begins, what does Ben hope he can gain from his father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the bus driver's name?
2. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
3. Where is the bus taken?
4. Who is in charge with negotiations with the military?
5. What is the General's name when he is doing Inner Delta business?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)