|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate suffer from?
(a) A sore throat.
(b) A weak bladder.
(c) Horrible headaches.
(d) A heart condition.
2. Why is Miro anxious about the hijacking?
(a) He wants everything to go according to plan.
(b) He wants to look good in front of his boss.
(c) He wishes he knew more about the plan.
(d) He is questioning the hostage situation.
3. What has Miro successfully completed?
(a) His acceptance into a Middle Eastern training camp.
(b) His board exams.
(c) All of the tests assigned to him by Artkin.
(d) His high school GED.
4. What has Artkin promised to treat Miro as?
(a) An equal.
(b) A friend.
(c) An adult.
(d) His son.
5. If Sedeete does not hear the signal, what should Artkin do?
(a) Kill one child at a time.
(b) Kill Kate.
(c) Kill all the children.
(d) Torture the children.
6. What does Kate wonder about in this section?
(a) Her job.
(b) Whether or not she can save the children.
(c) Her future.
(d) Her family.
7. What has Miro never seen?
(a) His homeland.
(b) His brother.
(d) A woman's leg.
8. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
(a) Miro gets in trouble for talking to Kate.
(b) One of the children dies from the drugs in the candy.
(c) Kate is beaten because she won't be quiet.
(d) Artkin tries to beat one of the children.
9. How does Miro cover the bus' windows?
(a) Miro uses tape to cover the windows of the bus.
(b) He uses newspaper.
(c) Miro uses the children's homework pages.
(d) He uses paper to cover the windows.
10. What else does Miro tell Kate about concerning his home?
(a) He hates his home.
(b) He misses the people from his home.
(c) He is enjoying America and might not want to go home.
(d) He will do anything to return to his homeland.
11. To Ben, the day of the hijacking begins as __________________.
(a) A horrible day.
(b) An awesome day.
(c) A normal day.
(d) An exciting day.
12. When will they hijack the bus?
(a) After the final child as been picked up.
(b) After they have thrown the driver out of the bus.
(c) From the bus parking garage.
(d) From the school yard.
13. Despite Kate's objections, what does Artkin give the children?
(a) Stale food.
(c) More candy.
(d) Inappropriate books.
14. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) A pen and paper.
(b) An email account.
(c) A cell phone.
(d) A typewriter.
15. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
(a) His looks.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His ability to communicate with others.
(d) His plan making ability.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the terrorists dispose of the dead body?
2. What is the dead child's name?
3. Where is the bus taken?
4. What is a second thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
5. If all the terrorists die, what do they think will happen to their cause?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)