|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Miro successfully completed?
(a) His acceptance into a Middle Eastern training camp.
(b) His board exams.
(c) All of the tests assigned to him by Artkin.
(d) His high school GED.
2. What has Miro never seen?
(a) His homeland.
(b) His mother.
(c) This American city.
(d) His father.
3. What excites Miro although his brother is already dead?
(a) Working with Artkin.
(b) Being the leader of this terrorist cell.
(c) Taking his first kill.
(d) Going to his brother's grave.
4. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He is giving her courage.
(b) He has refused to eat the candy.
(c) He is behaving really well.
(d) He wants to attack the terrorists.
5. How are Miro and Ben alike in a sense?
(a) They both look very similar to one another.
(b) Miro, like Ben, is struggling to grow up and deal with adult problems.
(c) They are both scared of other men who are in power.
(d) They are both young men who do not know how to deal with the problems they have been dealt.
6. What is the dead child's name?
(a) Kevin McMann.
(b) Charles McCain.
(c) Charles McMann.
(d) Kevin Charles.
7. To what group does his father belong?
(c) Black Ops.
(d) Inner Delta.
8. What does Miro think of Artkin's plan?
(a) He hopes he will be able to help carry the plan out.
(b) He is worried the plan has not been fully thought out.
(c) He thinks that Artkin is very intelligent and the plan is good.
(d) He thinks parts of the plan could be improved.
9. How did Ben assume that love happened?
(a) The exact way that Ben's mother and father fell in love.
(b) It happens between two people and goes both ways.
(c) Only between adults.
(d) One person chases after the other.
10. Why do the terrorists take the dead child outside?
(a) They want to prove they are not afraid to kill children.
(b) They don't want a dead body rotting up the bus
(c) Kate begs them to move the body.
(d) All the children are crying, so they need to move the body.
11. Where did Ben grow up?
(a) In NYC.
(b) With his mother in the country.
(c) On a military base.
(d) With his Aunt Kelly.
12. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
(a) The ambush on the terrorist camp.
(b) The leader has finally found them.
(c) Artkin will start killing his hostages.
(d) The leader is coming to talk to him.
13. By talking to Miro, what does Kate realize?
(a) He is actually a nice man who has had a lot of mishaps through life.
(b) He is an innocent.
(c) He has children.
(d) He is a monster who is trapped in the innocence of never knowing another life.
14. What does Ben seem to be contemplating?
(b) Going to college.
(c) Killing his father.
(d) The death of his mother.
15. Where does Kate put this object?
(a) In her pocket.
(b) In her sock.
(c) She puts it in her shoe.
(d) Hides it in her bra.
Short Answer Questions
1. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
2. Who is responsible for these three teenagers' problems?
3. Why is Ben excited and nervous to see his father?
4. Who has Ben's father been speaking with?
5. To Ben, the day of the hijacking begins as __________________.
This section contains 633 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)