|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate wonder about in this section?
(a) Her job.
(b) Whether or not she can save the children.
(c) Her family.
(d) Her future.
2. What else does Miro tell Kate about concerning his home?
(a) He misses the people from his home.
(b) He is enjoying America and might not want to go home.
(c) He hates his home.
(d) He will do anything to return to his homeland.
3. Did Nettie seem to be in love with Ben?
(a) No she did not return the feelings when he called.
(b) No, she is actually dating someone else.
(c) Yes, she is already planning on marrying Ben.
(d) Yes, she is very interested in Ben.
4. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
(a) Kate is beaten because she won't be quiet.
(b) One of the children dies from the drugs in the candy.
(c) Artkin tries to beat one of the children.
(d) Miro gets in trouble for talking to Kate.
5. In Part 1, what is Ben anticipating?
(a) A meeting with a dean.
(b) A first date.
(c) A visit from his mother and father.
(d) A test he must take.
6. Where does Kate put this object?
(a) She puts it in her shoe.
(b) In her pocket.
(c) In her sock.
(d) Hides it in her bra.
7. What does Kate suffer from?
(a) A sore throat.
(b) Horrible headaches.
(c) A weak bladder.
(d) A heart condition.
8. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
(a) Finding a place for him to fit in.
(b) Guilt about something.
(c) A longing for love.
(d) Wanting to be accepted by everyone.
9. What was the name of Ben's home?
(a) Hermosa Beach.
(b) Briars Point.
(c) Saviors Field.
(d) Fort Delta.
10. How many times will Sedeete send his signal between now and nine am?
(a) Four times.
(b) Three times.
(c) One time.
(d) Two times.
11. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
(a) The ambush on the terrorist camp.
(b) The leader has finally found them.
(c) The leader is coming to talk to him.
(d) Artkin will start killing his hostages.
12. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
(a) When his mother introduced him to a young woman she works with.
(b) The summer of the hijacking at the pool.
(c) At the YMCA outside of Hallowell.
(d) At the movie theatre.
13. What does Ben realize as he types his story?
(a) He hopes that Nettie will go on a date with him.
(b) He is hoping he can fix the relationship with his mother.
(c) He is dreading his father's visit.
(d) He wishes that he had more direction in his life.
14. The hijackers give the children candy, but what is wrong with it?
(a) The chemicals in the candy will prevent the children from going to the bathroom.
(b) The candy holds a lot of nutritents.
(c) It is laced with LSD.
(d) It contains a drug to sedate them.
15. Why is Ben excited and nervous to see his father?
(a) Is it the first time he has been able to see his father since the bus hijacking.
(b) His father has always been very important to him.
(c) His father was very abusive. Ben is nervous.
(d) His father will be bringing his mother who he has not seen for a while.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
2. How do the terrorists dispose of the dead body?
3. In this section, what does the reader begin to understand about Ben's story?
4. What has Miro never seen?
5. How are the two characters' days contrasting with one another?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)