|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
(a) North America.
2. How are the two characters' days contrasting with one another?
(a) Miro longs to lead others, while Ben wishes to follow.
(b) Ben is fighting for the love of a girl, Miro is fighting for respect.
(c) Ben is living the normal American life, while Miro is fighting for his country's freedom.
(d) Ben rushes between classes at school while Miro rushes to help Artkin kill others.
3. When will they hijack the bus?
(a) From the school yard.
(b) After the final child as been picked up.
(c) From the bus parking garage.
(d) After they have thrown the driver out of the bus.
4. What has Miro never seen?
(a) This American city.
(b) His homeland.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What else does Miro tell Kate about concerning his home?
(a) He will do anything to return to his homeland.
(b) He misses the people from his home.
(c) He is enjoying America and might not want to go home.
(d) He hates his home.
6. Why do the terrorists take the dead child outside?
(a) They want to prove they are not afraid to kill children.
(b) All the children are crying, so they need to move the body.
(c) They don't want a dead body rotting up the bus
(d) Kate begs them to move the body.
7. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
(a) The summer of the hijacking at the pool.
(b) When his mother introduced him to a young woman she works with.
(c) At the movie theatre.
(d) At the YMCA outside of Hallowell.
8. What was the name of Ben's home?
(a) Saviors Field.
(b) Briars Point.
(c) Hermosa Beach.
(d) Fort Delta.
9. What has Miro successfully completed?
(a) His board exams.
(b) All of the tests assigned to him by Artkin.
(c) His acceptance into a Middle Eastern training camp.
(d) His high school GED.
10. What happens as they take the bus to a secure location?
(a) One of the children dies from the drugs in the candy.
(b) Miro gets in trouble for talking to Kate.
(c) Artkin tries to beat one of the children.
(d) Kate is beaten because she won't be quiet.
11. If all the terrorists die, what do they think will happen to their cause?
(a) None of them want to die.
(b) If they die they will look weak.
(c) They will prove their point and it will make their cause stronger.
(d) They hope to appear stronger.
12. In the Seventies, what was a common occurrence in America?
(a) Serial killings.
(c) Terrorist hijackings.
(d) Bell bottom jeans.
13. What is the dead child's name?
(a) Kevin Charles.
(b) Kevin McMann.
(c) Charles McMann.
(d) Charles McCain.
14. If Sedeete does not hear the signal, what should Artkin do?
(a) Kill all the children.
(b) Kill one child at a time.
(c) Torture the children.
(d) Kill Kate.
15. What is the bus driver's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Artkin promised to treat Miro as?
2. What has Miro never seen?
3. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
4. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
5. What moves into the woods around the bus?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)