1. Why did the author choose to pick the 1970s for the setting of the novel?
During the 1970s, there were many hijackings. The author felt this time period matched well with the atmosphere of the novel.
2. As the novel begins, what is Ben Marchand waiting for?
Ben is waiting for the arrival of his parents at his boarding school. He is nervous at the thought of meeting them.
3. What does the reader immediately pick up on between Ben and his family?
Ben feels guilty about something concerning his father. The reader cannot figure out why, but he knows that something has happened between Ben and his family.
4. What type of life did Ben lead while he was growing up?
While growing up, Ben lived at Forte Delta, a military base where his father had served as a Brigadier General.
5. Why is Miro excited for this day?
Miro is excited for today because he has passed all of his tests and is now allowed to be a part of a new mission.
This section contains 2,037 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)