|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Besides just knowing about his son's behavior, what has the General also learned about his son?
(a) Ben is not that intelligent.
(b) Ben is in love.
(c) Ben is very smart.
(d) Ben's emotional reactions to specific stimuli.
2. Why do they decide not to immediately kill the bus driver?
(a) They want to take advatange of her sexually.
(b) To keep the children calm.
(c) She will be good leverage for keeping the children from revolting.
(d) They would like to kill her first.
3. According to Artkin, what will promote their cause?
(a) If they all die for the cause.
(b) If they all survive.
(c) If they kill all of the children.
(d) If they are able to free their leader.
4. Does Miro accept Kate's apology?
(a) Yes, because he wants to be with her.
(b) No, he understands that she is just using him to get free.
(c) No, because she seems to be sad.
(d) He seems to accept it because he talks to her again.
5. How are Miro and Ben alike in a sense?
(a) They are both scared of other men who are in power.
(b) They both look very similar to one another.
(c) They are both young men who do not know how to deal with the problems they have been dealt.
(d) Miro, like Ben, is struggling to grow up and deal with adult problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ben grow up?
2. What was the name of Ben's home?
3. What has Raymond attempted to do to the hijackers?
4. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
5. At this point in the book, what is happening with Miro?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)