|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Miro successfully completed?
(a) His acceptance into a Middle Eastern training camp.
(b) All of the tests assigned to him by Artkin.
(c) His high school GED.
(d) His board exams.
2. Why is Kate so happy with Raymond?
(a) He is behaving really well.
(b) He is giving her courage.
(c) He has refused to eat the candy.
(d) He wants to attack the terrorists.
3. What does Kate hope she can do to save the day?
(a) She hopes to distract Miro and make an escape with Ray.
(b) She wants to make a run for it.
(c) She hopes that she can drive the bus off the bridge.
(d) She will try to steal a gun and kill the terrorists.
4. Despite Kate's objections, what does Artkin give the children?
(a) Stale food.
(b) More candy.
(d) Inappropriate books.
5. As Part 7 begins, what does the reader notice has changed?
(a) Ben is no longer the narrator.
(b) Kate has become more frantic.
(c) Kate is now the narrator.
(d) Ben has completely left the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much in advance does the American assault begin on the terrorists?
2. How does Miro feel about this realization?
3. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
4. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
5. If all the terrorists die, what do they think will happen to their cause?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)