|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
(a) Trucks crushing rocks.
(b) The sounds of a helicopter.
(c) Planes flying overhead.
(d) Rustling in the forest.
2. In what time period is the novel set?
3. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
(a) The leader is coming to talk to him.
(b) Artkin will start killing his hostages.
(c) The ambush on the terrorist camp.
(d) The leader has finally found them.
4. What has Miro successfully completed?
(a) All of the tests assigned to him by Artkin.
(b) His high school GED.
(c) His acceptance into a Middle Eastern training camp.
(d) His board exams.
5. What has Artkin promised to treat Miro as?
(a) A friend.
(b) His son.
(c) An equal.
(d) An adult.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
2. In this section, what does the reader begin to understand about Ben's story?
3. What does Miro notice about the mountains?
4. To what group does his father belong?
5. At what age was Miro expected to die?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)