|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The hijackers give the children candy, but what is wrong with it?
(a) It is laced with LSD.
(b) The candy holds a lot of nutritents.
(c) The chemicals in the candy will prevent the children from going to the bathroom.
(d) It contains a drug to sedate them.
2. What did Ben's father work as?
(a) Attorney General
(b) Secretary of State.
(c) A security guard.
(d) Brigadier General.
3. When Miro hears this sound, he knows that the government has discovered their location.
(a) Planes flying overhead.
(b) The sounds of a helicopter.
(c) Rustling in the forest.
(d) Trucks crushing rocks.
4. What does Ben Marchand seem to carry around with him?
(a) Wanting to be accepted by everyone.
(b) A longing for love.
(c) Finding a place for him to fit in.
(d) Guilt about something.
5. Why do they decide not to immediately kill the bus driver?
(a) To keep the children calm.
(b) She will be good leverage for keeping the children from revolting.
(c) They would like to kill her first.
(d) They want to take advatange of her sexually.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Miro never seen?
2. On what continent does the beginning of the novel take place?
3. In this section, what does the reader begin to understand about Ben's story?
4. What is the dead child's name?
5. Why did the hijackers want money?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)