|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the author trying to prove is very tragic?
(a) The whole situation is terrible.
(b) The death of two young people.
(c) So many young children were involved in the hostage situation.
(d) Terrorisim is terrible.
2. Why does Kate finally encourage Raymond to eat the candy?
(a) She does not wish for Raymond to get hurt by the terrorists.
(b) Because the terrorists realize he is more lucid than other children.
(c) Raymond needs food, so he has to eat the candy.
(d) Because she wants him to get some rest.
3. What does Miro and Artkin's relationship resemble?
(a) An uncle and nephew.
(b) That of a father and son.
(d) Two very close friends.
4. Why is this object important?
(a) It is very important because it serves as a momento.
(b) It was unique.
(c) The object is worth a lot of money.
(d) Actually, the object is not important, the messenger is.
5. Where does he hide her?
(a) In a cave.
(b) In a nestlike enclosure.
(c) In a boat on the river.
(d) In the ground.
Short Answer Questions
1. Did Nettie seem to be in love with Ben?
2. The day of the hijacking, where does the General search for his son?
3. In what time period is the novel set?
4. What has Miro never seen?
5. Why do they decide not to immediately kill the bus driver?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)