|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Miro successfully completed?
(a) His board exams.
(b) His high school GED.
(c) All of the tests assigned to him by Artkin.
(d) His acceptance into a Middle Eastern training camp.
2. Where does Ben recall falling in love?
(a) When his mother introduced him to a young woman she works with.
(b) At the movie theatre.
(c) At the YMCA outside of Hallowell.
(d) The summer of the hijacking at the pool.
3. Why did the hijackers want money?
(a) To give money back to their government.
(b) To buy expensive things.
(c) They need money to get back to their home country.
(d) To free some political prisoners.
4. If all the terrorists die, what do they think will happen to their cause?
(a) None of them want to die.
(b) They will prove their point and it will make their cause stronger.
(c) If they die they will look weak.
(d) They hope to appear stronger.
5. In what time period is the novel set?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
2. What does Miro admire about Artkin?
3. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
4. Did Nettie seem to be in love with Ben?
5. Why is Ben excited and nervous to see his father?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)