|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Miro think it is right for him to commit murder?
(a) Because their cause is the only thing that matters.
(b) He doesn't think, he just wants to kill.
(c) In the name of freedom.
(d) He thinks killing feels good.
2. What is a second thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) They want weapons.
(b) Their own country to rule.
(c) Money that will help continue their fight for freedom.
(d) The re-establishment of their ruler.
3. What has the military not figured out about capturing the terrorist leader?
(a) The stand off will not be over.
(b) The terrorists will carry on even if their leader is dead.
(c) The leader is not the heart of the movement.
(d) The terrorists will now kill all of the children.
4. Why does Kate feel angry that she is on the bus?
(a) She was supposed to go to the beach today.
(b) She thinks she is too young to die.
(c) She normally does not drive this bus route.
(d) She thinks the hijackers have some nerve taking over the bus.
5. What do both Ben and the General choose to use to convey their feelings throughout the novel?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) An email account.
(c) A pen and paper.
(d) A cell phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this section, what does the reader begin to understand about Ben's story?
2. Because Miro has taken part in other terrorist cases, what does this prove about him?
3. What does Kate hope she can do to save the day?
4. What does Ben realize as he types his story?
5. Why does Kate start to talk with Miro?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)