|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 7-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Miro hears this sound, what does he think is about to begin?
(a) The ambush on the terrorist camp.
(b) The leader is coming to talk to him.
(c) Artkin will start killing his hostages.
(d) The leader has finally found them.
2. Why don't the terrorists decide to kill Kate?
(a) They think Kate will be more valuable alive.
(b) They hope Kate will take care of them.
(c) They like Kate.
(d) They do not wish to kill Kate because she takes care of the children.
3. How do the General's thoughts seem to be organized?
(a) Easy to follow and concise.
(b) They are very clear.
(d) They are jumbled together.
4. What is finally revealed by the end of this section?
(a) Ben's hate for his father.
(b) Ben's love for Nettie.
(c) Ben's involvement with Inner Delta.
(d) Ben's choice to run away from his father.
5. As Part 7 begins, what does the reader notice has changed?
(a) Ben is no longer the narrator.
(b) Kate has become more frantic.
(c) Kate is now the narrator.
(d) Ben has completely left the novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dead child's name?
2. What does Miro think of Artkin's plan?
3. To what group does his father belong?
4. How many times will Sedeete send his signal between now and nine am?
5. In this section, what does the reader begin to understand about Ben's story?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)