|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Parts 9-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Miro and Ben alike in a sense?
(a) They are both scared of other men who are in power.
(b) They both look very similar to one another.
(c) They are both young men who do not know how to deal with the problems they have been dealt.
(d) Miro, like Ben, is struggling to grow up and deal with adult problems.
2. Because the van was wire tapped, what was the General forced to listen to?
(a) His son giving him up.
(b) The screams of children.
(c) The terrorists demands.
(d) His son being tortured.
3. What is Kate hopeful for?
(a) She hopes she can connect with Miro.
(b) She hopes there will soon be a rescue.
(c) She hopes she will die quickly.
(d) She hopes she will get to see her family again.
4. What does Kate think will happen to her if she can talk to Miro?
(a) Miro will turn on the other terrorists.
(b) She thinks he will spare her life.
(c) She thinks that Miro will help her free the other children.
(d) Miro will let Ben go.
5. What is one thing the terrorists hope to gain from the hijacking?
(a) Their own country to rule.
(b) They want to get money.
(c) They hope to get weapons.
(d) They wish to free political prisoners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes mass confusion at the hijacking site?
2. How does Artkin learn about the assault on the terrorists?
3. In this section, what does the reader begin to understand about Ben's story?
4. Why did the hijackers want money?
5. How much in advance does the American assault begin on the terrorists?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)